• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch 3.0.0 Released

jokersmashg3.0.jpg

Joker is now out in the Version 3.0.0 update.

Patch 3.0.0 for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate is now live! This patch includes:

• Stage Builder
  • A new character, Joker from Persona 5
  • A new stage, Mementos
  • Game Balance alterations

Nintendo’s released patch notes again, and the community is already hard at work breaking those down to make them more detailed and easier to understand. Preliminary data for Joker, including frame data, is also already available. Check all this out at the links below:

https://smashboards.com/threads/early-joker-frame-data-and-other-data.482636/

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45075

https://smashboards.com/threads/v3-0-0-patch-notes.482604/

Author’s Note: What do you think of Joker? Are you enjoying playing as him? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Chris "Amazing Ampharos" Immele

Comments

They NERFED Robin? WTF? Granted, that seems to be a nerf to projectiles in general, wich I completely understand, but, come on, at least give us back the old Arcthunder to compensate...

Also, Greninja's WS doing EVEN LESS shield damage than it already does seems a little "why did they even bother". But, they didn't touch anything important, so bullet dodged.

Corrin got a chunk of buffs. I personally think he is slept on, but hey, if his combos get improved further I will certainly not be complaining.

Also, Chrom had the generic FE Victory theme all this time? I should probably play with a higher volume...

Last edited:
Hey its not like people shielded gordos anyway.
1555590431766.png

Also RIP megaman, snake and Mii Gunner instant shieldbreak combos we will miss you.

Last edited:
I like what they did with Joker a lot. Whether he is broken or not is a different topic but I feel like he is very faithful to his appearance in Persona 5 they did a great job with him!

I'd have been happier if they made Piranha Plant's aerials less laggy instead of slightly buffing moves that are already too situational, but hey, at least they didn't nerf shield damage from Poison or Ptooie :)

Joker is also v fun, if only he had a green outfit...

It seems that they've focused mainly on Neutral Specials doing less damage to sheilds, i.e. Bayonetta, Cloud, Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, Greninja, Mega Man, Mewtwo, the Miis, ect.

Last edited:
It seems that they've focused mainly on Neutral Specials doing less damage to sheilds, i.e. Bayonetta, Cloud, Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, Greninja, Mega Man, Mewtwo, the Miis, ect.
No, they focussed on projectiles doing less damage to shields, not neutral specials doin less damage to shields. A lot of projectiles happen to be neutral specials but many characters got their other projectiles nerfed in the same way while neutral specials that were not projectiles were generally safe from this nerf.

"I sure can't wait to see how the meta will evolve with this patch! I hope most of the low tiers received some sort of game changing buff to compete with the fierce competition!"

70% of improvements:
"l e d g e a t t a c k B U F F !!1"

Last edited:
I think that Joker is too OP (Arsene)
I can only counter him when I am using Meta Knight or other characters with good recoveries

But other than that, I think they did a good job with Joker and his stage :)

Last edited:
I think that Joker is too OP (Arsene)
I can only counter him when I am using Meta Knight or other characters with good recoveries

But other than that, I think they did a good job with Joker and his stage :)
Pick R.O.B. and just hover above the stage using Robo Burner and Dair to stall out Arsene. Watch the Joker jump in failed attempts to reach to reach you. Try as he might, even Arsene's power is not enough to beat R.O.B..

Pick R.O.B. and just hover above the stage using Robo Burner and Dair to stall out Arsene. Watch the Joker jump in failed attempts to reach to reach you. Try as he might, even Arsene's power is not enough to beat R.O.B..
If he is smart enough, he will just wait until you are in his up-b range. Instead, try to edgeguard him, because he will surely recover low.

If he is smart enough, he will just wait until you are in his up-b range. Instead, try to edgeguard him, because he will surely recover low.
His ^B does not do any damage while Arsene is out. In that regard it is much like R.O.B.'s except it goes way less far and offers much less control to the user.

Top Bottom