• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch 2.0.0 Released

Patch_2.jpg

A new patch for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just went live, containing the long-awaited playable character, Piranha Plant!

Patch ver. 2.0.0 includes:
  • Game Balance alterations
  • Adjustments to GSP calculations
  • New shorthop shortcut which is performed by inputting both jump buttons
  • Various gameplay fixes
  • A new character, Piranha Plant
  • The ability to play Spirit Board with up to 4 players
If you want to read the full patch notes for gameplay adjustments, Nintendo has a page covering all the character balance changes here and the official Smashboards v2.0.0 Patch Notes thread will be updated as we learn more about all the details of these changes.

Author’s Note: Excited that Piranha Plant’s out? Are there any balance changes you like or don’t like? Please let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

The Puff was buffed nuff said.
Chromcide is gone.
Something Megaman that probably affects the pellet Macro cancel tech.

But most importantly, patch notes were buffed, now we can actually see what they changed hurray!!!

Do you plan to give us the patch notes in detail? Or will you just stick to Nintendo's?

Take your time if you plan to explain it.

Sakurai, I know Nomura is your kindred spirit, but you don't have to compete with him to this degree.

I'm curious to see who got buffed or nerfed in Ultimate because i don't like how Nintendo doesn't give us the details on who got the balance adjustment.

Overall very happy with most of these changes. The only thing I would have nerfed was the Inkling and K Rool's bury time, and those got nerfed, so I'm very pleased. Why nerf Dedede though??

1548818017587.png

Wait so that means Ganondorf got buffed? he's my secondary main and i wonder why it says Uair ledge knock out time reduced?

With plant you can slightly move the poison cloud by using side b again while partially inside it. I dub this useless tech “the Tbro”, don’t steal

D
None of the buffs or nerfs I was expecting happened. In fact, Chrom is now worse. Dropped! (Need to get out of this "GSP = Skill" mentality...)

But I love Piranha Plant so far.

Some of these are oddly worded compared to what I’m used to...

Does anyone know what the snake change meant? Was it a buff or nerf?

If it was a buff holy hell why? Of all the characters needing buffs in ultimate snake sure as hell wasnt one of em.

Some of these are oddly worded compared to what I’m used to...

Does anyone know what the snake change meant? Was it a buff or nerf?

If it was a buff holy hell why? Of all the characters needing buffs in ultimate snake sure as hell wasnt one of em.
Now, now.
As long as it's not as insane as it was in Brawl we should still be safe.

D
Is it still too early for the meta? Some characters still need a serious nerf.

Is it still too early for the meta? Some characters still need a serious nerf.
No character this early in the games's life need critical nerfs because there are no oppressive/dominating characters in the game now. Even the generally agreed best character by most currently (Peach/Daisy) is pretty honest overall.

D
No character this early in the games's life need critical nerfs because there are no oppressive/dominating characters in the game now. Even the generally agreed best character by most currently (Peach/Daisy) is pretty honest overall.
Still?? How much longer? I can't even use Piranha Plant (who plays too demandingly to me) after losing so much.

I could be just seeing things, but I feel Peach/Daisy are generally faster, and the range of all their tilt moves has been increased. Dair looks like it has a bit more range.

I got the digital version updated to 2.0. But no piranha plant was added.

Anyone with the same issue?

I love how the smashboards patchnotes for 2.0 list Piranha Plant's changes as:
Banished Waluigi to the mario kart realm

D
The Dedede nerf is unjust
I got the digital version updated to 2.0. But no piranha plant was added.

Anyone with the same issue?
You have to redeem your gold points from user settings, check your email under promotions, it should say "Thanks for buying Smash Ultimate" and the download code is in there.

It's not part of the fighters pass, it's part of the MyNintendo Gold Points, you just have to register your game from the Switch menu.

You should still be able to do it today

Last edited by a moderator:
D
Plantboi is great and I love him.

I'm sad the nerfs happened.

I'm weirded out that they made local co-op for spirits board before online lobbies, but it's still a good addition.

Nothing of use for Little Mac..... k

*"ledge lockout"* this is the least concern regarding many chars. weird.

Also Sakurai better not remove the special fall Fox has because it benefits me a lot for recovery. I know Ganondorf got a buff but i don't know if the reduce knockout thing is a nerf or another buff.

Top Bottom