• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch 2.0.0 Released

Patch_2.jpg

A new patch for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just went live, containing the long-awaited playable character, Piranha Plant!

Patch ver. 2.0.0 includes:
  • Game Balance alterations
  • Adjustments to GSP calculations
  • New shorthop shortcut which is performed by inputting both jump buttons
  • Various gameplay fixes
  • A new character, Piranha Plant
  • The ability to play Spirit Board with up to 4 players
If you want to read the full patch notes for gameplay adjustments, Nintendo has a page covering all the character balance changes here and the official Smashboards v2.0.0 Patch Notes thread will be updated as we learn more about all the details of these changes.

Author’s Note: Excited that Piranha Plant’s out? Are there any balance changes you like or don’t like? Please let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Still?? How much longer? I can't even use Piranha Plant (who plays too demandingly to me) after losing so much.
A few things on this regard. Firstly the first really big tournament hosting Ultimate will be happening in a week or so, and the game itself is about a month and a half in its life, so it is still pretty young.

Second, try not to be so frustrated with playing the Plant-they are a new character so getting through groove of the playstyle is rarely an overnight thing and may take a bit. That's not even factoring how I'm getting vibes they might be one of the tougher characters to play in the game.

Lastly, the issue I'm seeing here is your requests for a severe Nerf, and that is the type that needs to be generally avoided. Every game will always have a #1, but the trick is keeping them in check so that counterplay is more versatile against them and others can compete. This last patch did that by removing some of the cheesier win options like Chrom's meteor or toning back some of the oppressive tools like Inkling's Roller or K.Rool's windbox.

It's like the last FighterZ patch that stated what characters would not be tweaked because they feel they are at the power point they feel is appropriate, and 2 of those characters were Ultimate Gohan and Vegeta, the former being top 3 at the time and the latter tied for best assist alongside Yamcha. I'm getting similar balance philosophy here, since some characters that were considering among the best by some in early times (Young Link) were kept the same too. Last thing we need are characters getting nerfed to Melee Kirby levels after all.

D
Second, try not to be so frustrated with playing the Plant-they are a new character so getting through groove of the playstyle is rarely an overnight thing and may take a bit. That's not even factoring how I'm getting vibes they might be one of the tougher characters to play in the game.
Days later, I dropped the Plant. It's too clunky and unorthodox for me.

Top Bottom