• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch 1.2.0 Coming Out Soon

patch 1.2.0.jpg

On December 11th, 2018, it was confirmed that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be receiving a patch update sometime within the following week.

Very little is known about what patch 1.2.0 will be like. It’s known however that replays made in version 1.1.0 will not be compatible with 1.2.0, and players are urged to convert their replays to videos if they want to keep them. Since the replays won’t be compatible it’s reasonable to expect gameplay alterations in some form, however we don’t know if these alterations would be bug-fixes or balance changes, and gameplay alterations aren’t even 100% confirmed.

Author’s Note: So, what do you expect to happen in 1.2.0? Balance changes, bug-fixes, something else? Please let us know in the comments below!

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Hopefully no nerfs are coming this soon. Way too early for that.

Probs just gonna be bug fixes. Things like fly guys carrying food even if items are turned off for the Yoshi stage and frame drops in FoD.

Last edited:
Not entirely sure if balance changes will be included with this, but I am pretty sure bug fixes and QoL changes will come with it.

I agree that Olimar is definitely better then last game but it doesn’t make him top tier. I played as him once, and sure he can do some damage by throwing pikmin, but honestly I’d still say the title of op belongs to Diddy Kong.
Diddy is overrated

And yet she plays more or less the same as 4. Do you main Bayo, or do you just never see her in action? (the reasons someone would defend how ‘balanced’ she is compared to others)
if you think bayo is the same as smash 4 you have a lot of salt in your eyes. bayo is an average character in ultimate. sh has shiek disease from smash 4 with no frame data to compensate.

If anything, the patch might be fixing the strange movement glitches some characters are having. Perhaps some hitbox inconsistencies. And of course making multi-hit aerials link properly (such as multi-hit Nairs from Falco/Zelda/etc).

I hope it’s the long awaited Bayo nerf. There is an extremely slim chance we get an extra echo fighter, but not getting my hopes up.
Replace :ultbayonetta: with :ultkrool: and then we might see a slight nerf incoming. For the most part, the oppressive A tiers and higher have been brought in line by either direct nerfs or receiving lesser buffs than the rest of the cast. The new characters are the ones that are likely to receive buffs/nerfs since they haven't had years of play-time/existence so obviously they still need some tweaks (which is why K Rool is such a mess of a character. Every Online-cheese thing imaginable shoved into 1 character is just... Like... What?)

If anything, the patch might be fixing the strange movement glitches some characters are having. Perhaps some hitbox inconsistencies. And of course making multi-hit aerials link properly (such as multi-hit Nairs from Falco/Zelda/etc).

Replace :ultbayonetta: with :ultkrool: and then we might see a slight nerf incoming. For the most part, the oppressive A tiers and higher have been brought in line by either direct nerfs or receiving lesser buffs than the rest of the cast. The new characters are the ones that are likely to receive buffs/nerfs since they haven't had years of play-time/existence so obviously they still need some tweaks (which is why K Rool is such a mess of a character. Every Online-cheese thing imaginable shoved into 1 character is just... Like... What?)
i hate k rool already. the belly health doesnt matter unless you hit it with a smash attack or are using a heavy. it comes back way too fast and he wont die either. i dont know how people are asking or demanding a bayo nerf. thats just ridiculous at this point.

Her witch time lasts way to long, thats the only think that I see wrong with her, but I haven't been playing a lot of Bayo and I haven't been playing much against her so I'm not too informed.
witch time lasts like 1.5 seconds, barely enough to get a smash attack off, and if it's staled at all it's the worst counter in the game

i think witch time is fine as-is

I haven't played against many Bayo in Ultimate yet, but she seems quite a bit less aggravating with juggles and air combos. I have the biggest trouble with the Belmonts and K.Rool, but I think it's just me not being super familiar with playing against them yet. Game hasn't even been out a week, I think it's too early to make balance changes unless they had a group of people playing and testing prior to release, imo.

If they just update the Preffered Rules to Mandatory Rules, at least on the game mode and ammount of players, it would be a much better experience.

Like others said, I hope they fix the Input Lag(not talking about online delay). Hopefully like Leffen said, we get an option to turn on or off move buffer. Lastly, I'd love for an option for C-stick so its not a virtual A+Analog input so you can't aerial drift with c-stick, fast fall with c-stick, or buffer a nair with c-stick on accident by inputting too fast. I still have fun with the game, it'd be nice to see get fixed though.

Last edited:
On the one hand, I hope we get buffs for Ridley and Wario... on the other I'm scared characters like K.Rool will get nerfs. On the third hand... I kinda want nerfs for Marth and Chrom?
I can't stand how poor the range is on Wario's side smash now. He used to make a big ass fist that had decent range, now it's just a normal sort of punch.

Bike is still OP as always.

Smashville is a great stage, so is Yosh's Island. But Frigate Orpheon is just stupid, making what was a great stage terrible and unplayable (and there are many others that have this problem)
I totally agree with your *general* point but I think you picked a bad example. Frigate Orpheon is a perfectly valid stage, hazards on, and was a legal counterpick throughout most of the lifetime of Brawl. The layouts are all fine (even better now than in Brawl, because all ledges are grabbable), and there's plenty of warning about the stage-flip, which has a clear and deterministic effect. You're perfectly capable of putting yourself into a safe place, unless you've been out-played by your opponent into a danger zone.

infomon infomon

I see your point and change my opinion to match yours. I was wrong, and I suppose given the fact that there's a lot of warning, it makes sense to allow the stage.

JoltSmash13 JoltSmash13
Regarding your friends who you can consistently beat:

Most of the best players agree there's always something else you could learn from an opponent, no matter how wide the gap in your skills is. Look up some new tech, find something thats complicated/difficult (pivot turnaround tilts might be a good place to start) and use that technique which you're still figuring out against your low skill opponent. It's going to have to work on your friend who you can destroy before it'll work against players who are on your level or better than you.

Last edited:
I legitimately can’t understand how anyone would think bayonetta needs more nerfs. I mean I couldn’t stand her in 4, but even I feel they went overboard with the nerf hammer.

I guess a lot of people coming from 4 didn’t even attempt to learn how to beat her then and just let the flowchart for glory bayos walk all over em. If you know what old bayo was capable of in 4, then you’d understand just how hard a nerf she got.

Man I wonder what these folks would do if they ever had to face a brawl metaknight back in the day? Some of y’all don’t realize just how much things have improved...

I really hope it's just bug fixes and maybe changes to the online, but that second bit is just wishful thinking. The game is still less than a week old as of this post, if anyone's overpowered or unviable then no one has any idea. And the characters that people are currently complaining about most likely aren't OP at all but simply require practice and adapting to beat. Though if we go any balance changes, I'd rather have buffs than nerfs, I guess.

D
Adjusted Fighters: Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle

Why does Nintendo still act like a part-time indie developer when it comes to properly supporting their multiplayer games? Patch notes that properly explain the things that were changed are something small games with less than 1000 active users have had down pat since 2013.

This will likely never happened, but I want a patch that improves on matchmaking services and allows people to message friends and let them know they are playing Smash online. It STILL annoys me to see my friends all playing Smash with no way to communicate within the game to send invites. Like not even creating an arena helps in that regard. It's technically a small thing, but countless of online games give you the ability to just send out an invite, create a lobby, add friends and play a game. I wish Ultimate had that.
So true.

I'm not sure how they managed to actually go BACKWARDS from SSB4's online but they pulled it off...

Like others said, I hope they fix the Input Lag(not talking about online delay). Hopefully like Leffen said, we get an option to turn on or off move buffer. Lastly, I'd love for an option for C-stick so its not a virtual A+Analog input so you can't aerial drift with c-stick, fast fall with c-stick, or buffer a nair with c-stick on accident by inputting too fast. I still have fun with the game, it'd be nice to see get fixed though.
Buffering a C-stick nair by inputting the aerial too fast - for some reason this has been the most frustrating part of my smash ultimate experience so far. That and drifting slightly forward/backward when inputting a stick fair/bair respectively.

Top Bottom