• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium

These are all of the past stage that have not been revealed (credits to ElemtrikDynomite on Reddit for this). Considering how not all of these may come back, which stages would you all like to see return (31 stages are here).
I would bring back
Mushroom Kingdom 64
Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of Dreams
Mute City Melee
Icicle Mountain
Delfino Plaza
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Hanenbow
Golden Plains
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
PAC-MAZE
Woolly World
Jungle Hijinxs
Pyrosphere
Orbital Gate Assault
Gamer

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Also this is really late but I did the template meme thing. Thanks, MS Paint.

Oh, hey. I used MSpaint for mine too. It's a little late, but here it is!

It's a pretty big image, so I'll spoiler it:

Smash Ultimate Characters List.png
Am I doing this right?

These are all of the past stage that have not been revealed (credits to ElemtrikDynomite on Reddit for this). Considering how not all of these may come back, which stages would you all like to see return (31 stages are here).
Peach's Castle 64, Kongo Jungle 64, Mushroom Kingdom 64, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island Melee, FoD, Brinstar Depths, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Road, Mute City 3DS, Jungle Hijinx, Pyrosphere, and Gamer are the ones that I really want to see return.

After that, it's Mushroom Kingdom Melee, Pokefloats, Mute City Melee, Mario Bros, Rumble Falls, Golden Plains, Paper Mario, Dream Land 3DS, Pac-Maze, Woolly World, and Windy Hill are ones that I think would be nice to return, but I'm not vying for especially.

As for the remaining stages, I don't really care if they do or don't get in.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh, hey. I used MSpaint for mine too. It's a little late, but here it is!

It's a pretty big image, so I'll spoiler it:

Am I doing this right?

Peach's Castle 64, Kongo Jungle 64, Mushroom Kingdom 64, Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island Melee, FoD, Brinstar Depths, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Road, Mute City 3DS, Jungle Hijinx, Pyrosphere, and Gamer are the ones that I really want to see return.

After that, it's Mushroom Kingdom Melee, Pokefloats, Mute City Melee, Mario Bros, Rumble Falls, Golden Plains, Paper Mario, Dream Land 3DS, Pac-Maze, Woolly World, and Windy Hill are ones that I think would be nice to return, but I'm not vying for especially.

As for the remaining stages, I don't really care if they do or don't get in.
I don't quite think you understand what "maining" means...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Fountain of dreams, Isle Delfino, Gamer, Orbital Gate, Paper Mario, Pirate Ship, Hanenbow, Rainbow Road

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

One of my random theories is that there are stages here that are returning, but they're being saved for reveal alongside newcomers. eg. Dixie trailer on Hijinks, Dee on Fountain of Dreams, etc

KMDP

Smash Legend
OKAY!

I've compiled a list of the top ten most active, and most supported Newcomers on this site.
They are ordered by the number of Supporters. The sole exceptions are K. Rool, Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee: K. Rool has a Support List so huge that BKupa666 had to stop recording them; Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee simply don't seem to have Support Lists? Maybe they were in the same boat, I don't know. I had to use K. Rool's Smash 4 era support list, but I imagine it's... bigger, let's just say that.

K. Rool
#1 Most Active; 661 Known Supporters​
Isaac
#3 Most Active; 372 Supporters​
Dixie Kong
#8 Most Active; 202 Supporters​
Captain Toad
#11 Most Active*; 151 Supporters​
Ashley
#2 Most Active; 138 Supporters (86 Supporters listed on Main Page)​
Lip
#7 Most Active; 117 Supporters​
Takamaru
#9 Most Active; 62 Supporters​
Geno
#6 Most Active; 52 Supporters​
Elma
#10 Most Active*; 50 Supporters​
Krystal
#4 Most Active; Unknown Support Number​
B. W. Dee
#5 Most Active; Unknown Support Number​

*With Captain Toad and Elma, their threads were equally active, and had almost the same amount of posts when I was compiling the list.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
One of my random theories is that there are stages here that are returning, but they're being saved for reveal alongside newcomers. eg. Dixie trailer on Hijinks, Dee on Fountain of Dreams, etc
Interestingly, Sakurai himself said that not every stage may return, but maybe that is just for the initial launch. Otherwise, those that do not return could become DLC for later.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

the ones I want back are Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Floats, Brinstar Depths, Mute City, Pirate Ship, Mute City again, Pac-Maze, Gamer, and Miiverse (RIP)

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
OKAY!

I've compiled a list of the top ten most active, and most supported Newcomers on this site.
They are ordered by the number of Supporters. The sole exceptions are K. Rool, Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee: K. Rool has a Support List so huge that BKupa666 had to stop recording them; Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee simply don't seem to have Support Lists? Maybe they were in the same boat, I don't know. I had to use K. Rool's Smash 4 era support list, but I imagine it's... bigger, let's just say that.

K. Rool
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Captain Toad
Lip
Ashley
#2 Most Active; 86 Supporters​
Takamaru
Geno
Elma
Krystal
B. W. Dee

*With Captain Toad and Elma, their threads were equally active, and had almost the same amount of posts when I was compiling the list.
Captain Toad would not jump correct right? Sense Toad can’t jump in Captain Toad: treasure Tracker.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace

The only stages i could see coming back are Princess Peach's Castle (64), Kongo Jungle, Mushroom Kingdom (Melee),Yoshi's Island (Melee), Rainbow Cruise, Fountain Of Dreams, Delfino Plaza, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Road, Paper Mario, Dream Land, Mute City (3DS), Pac Maze, Wooly World, Orbital Gate Assault, Gamer, & maybe Miiverse.

Last edited:

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo are starting a new "Nintendo Cinematic Universe".

Phase 1 will start with the first movie: Donkey Kong, the titular Antagonist is played by Andy Serkis.
Punch-Out
Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong II
: Donkey Kong Jr.
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Donkey Kong III: A World-Spanning Kidnapping.
Kid Icarus
Super Mario Bros.
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light
Mother
Star Fox
The Legend of Zelda II: Triforce of the Gods
Kirby of the Stars
Mother II: The War Against Giygas
F-Zero
Pokémon
Donkey Kong IV: Donkey Kong Country
The Legend of Zelda III: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario Bros. II: Super Mario World
The final film of Phase 1 is Super Smash Bros.
I want this so bad, man.

I legitimately feel Yu Narukami is a legitimate possibility, Persona 4 is one of the most popular JRPGs of all time, and for a game so prolific it would actually make a lot of sense for his inclusion, especially since we already have multiple characters already from SEGA (Although Arle is still best pick I admit), for his moveset he could use his moves from the Arena series, and I imagine the use of a Persona would make him very unique.
He's no stranger to Nintendo systems, either. He was in both Persona Q and BBTAG.

Rhythm is Neku from The World Ends With You.
I know this is fake, but don't play with my heart like this.

1. Fountain of Dreams
2. Pac-Maze
3. Delfino Plaza
4. Mute City (Melee)
5. Gamer
6. Rainbow Road
7. Planet Zebes
8. Mario Bros.
9. Peach's Castle (N64)
10. Yoshi's Island (Melee)

The rest I'm meh towards. Though if they bring Mario Bros. back, I hope they incorporate the warp mechanic from the Balloon Fight stage, like how they incorporated swimming into the Tortimer Island stage in Ultimate when swimming wasn't in Smash 3DS (oddly enough).

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Damn, 31 doesn't seem like much in comparison to what all we have already.

Ideally, It'd be great to see them all return, although we already know that won't be the case. The ones I want to see the most are Orbital Gate Assault, Sector Z, Poke Floats, Delfino Plaza, and Pirate Ship.

I do think all the stages from Smash Wii U will make a return, with the exception of Miiverse and maybe Windy Hill Zone. Too easy to port over the assets. Only way I don't see them all returning is if they plan on saving some old stages for DLC.

Iridium

Smash Hero
OKAY!

K. Rool
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Captain Toad
Lip
Ashley
Takamaru
Geno
Elma
Krystal
B. W. Dee

Well, King K. Rool being at the top is not really much of a surprise. Krystal and Takamaru are the only ones out of the running for being a fighter, but I just can't see Captain Toad getting in either. If he did get in, his falling speed would most likely make it certain death offstage, but who knows?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
OKAY!

K. Rool
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Captain Toad
Lip
Ashley
Takamaru
Geno
Elma
Krystal
B. W. Dee

Lip has more supporters than Takamaru, Ashley, Geno, and Elma?

Never would've expected that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine for a second that Nintendo is using this dual Smash/Mario Aces thing to reveal a newcomer.

But it has to be a Mario newcomer and they are appearing both Smash and Mario Tennis Aces.

Who do you pick? So help me god if any of you delinquents say Waluigi.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Imagine for a second that Nintendo is using this dual Smash/Mario Aces thing to reveal a newcomer.

But it has to be a Mario newcomer and they are appearing both Smash and Mario Tennis Aces.

Umm... Does Ashley count?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Perhaps Sakurai's own interest for Panel de Pon overall makes her chances better, and therefore her support can be backed easily. But I did not expect this much support either. Also, no Waluigi trolling? That's interesting. . . . .

Last edited:

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice

Walui.....Nope um... Boo?

KMDP

Smash Legend

The list paints a very interesting picture when comparing the "Most Active" and "Most Supported".
"Most Active", in this case, means "Most Posts".
Perhaps Sakurai's own interest for Panel de Pon overall makes her chances better, and therefore her support can be backed easily. But I did not expect this much support either. Also, no Waluigi trolling? That's interesting. . . . .
For the record, Waluigi (whose thread is now closed) had 75 supporters.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Basically, Ganondorf has access to an unlimited supply of power and can only be damaged by specific holy weaponry. Also, depending on your interpretation of events, he reincarnates after each and every defeat, so it's only ever a matter of time until Ganondorf is victorious.
Oh no.
He fell for the ScrewAttack Master Sword meme.

Alright, here's where that argument falls. It is a No-Limits Fallacy, a fallacy that obviously indicates that since one has an infinite supply of power (mentioned)/durability (mentioned)/speed etc., they don't have a maximum value of that power. Look at how ScrewAttack handled Superman, pretty hypocritical. You can still destroy Ganon's body, and you can't argue that it's impossible because nobody ever tried. If your strength surpasses his durability, and you say rip his arm off, you aren't expecting that it's going to just magically float back and reattach itself, because he can't. You could throw Ganon into the sun, and I can guarantee you his body would stop existing. That warrants a victory. And following that:

Basically, Ganondorf has access to an unlimited supply of power and can only be damaged by specific holy weaponry. Also, depending on your interpretation of events, he reincarnates after each and every defeat, so it's only ever a matter of time until Ganondorf is victorious.
His soul would still exist, however, and that's the key to his reincarnation. He doesn't revive himself. What's happening here is just the run of the mill curse Demise set in Skyward Sword that would create Ganon's very existence in the first place. However, that happens every few hundred or thousand years or so.

He would still lose until he is somehow reincarnated by another Gerudo, but does that mean he isn't vulnerable to the same tactics that rendered his body useless the first time? **** no.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Out of these, I want Yoshi Melee, Rainbow Road, Delfino, Pirate Ship, and Dream Land 3DS back the most. Honorable mention to Miiverse, because if the stage comes back Miiverse would've came back as a result.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
View attachment 152609
It's the leak signal! You know what that means...

That's right, I'm back with another set for ya'll. Spoilers: there's bonus leak this time.
Since the leak is being accepted as fake, no one is worried about it here. I figured it was safe to reveal their identities.

You guys got a lot of these right, I'm impressed.

King is King K Rool. Ponytail is Dixie Kong. Dixie Kong is an echo character. You can expect their official announcement 7/15.

Old man is Mishima. Harada is the one who posited the idea to Sakurai.

Archer is Decidueye. Most speculation I saw agreed on this.

Warrior & Secretary refer to Charlie and Brittany from Pikmin 3. Charlie uses Rock Pikmin.

Mech is Kirby in his suit from Planet Robobot. He will be shown as a Dream Friend in Star Allies and then shown in Smash. The announcement is VERY strange.

The last characters are all from games that will soon release on the Switch. The first two games have been announced.
Rhythm is Neku from The World Ends With You. Folklore is Amaterasu from Okami HD.

Doll is Geno from Mario RPG.
This game will not be a remake, but a spiritual successor of sorts. Similar to the way a Link Between Worlds and A Link to the Past are related.

Prime Rib is Ninten from Mother.
Retro Studios is working on this title, actually. Check out their twitter.

Related to this widely reported 4chan "leak". Weird roster, but Neku in Smash Bros? That's my new main right there.
>[3DS Headlines]
Nintendo Direct August 5th
>Skyrim and Super Mario 3D World for 3DS
>More details for Luigi's Mansion Remake and Mario & Luigi Remake
>Wario Ware Gold Amiibo
>[Switch Headlines]
>Super Mario Odyssey DLC pack for November 2018 and DLC pack 2 for 2019
>Zelda: Breath of The Wild GOTY edition
>Simon Belmont and Rex trailer for Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
>Prey for november 2018 and Fallout 76 for 2019
>A Hat In a Time and Nuclear Throne in the nindies section
>Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X ports for 2019
>Yoshi Pop Star trailer and launch march 19th
>Kirby Star Allies Heroes
>Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee has amiibo
>Not Animal Crossing, no StarFox, no Pokemon 2019 and no Metroid Prime 4

In line with what you'd expect for a Nintendo Direct leak. A believable enough fall and beyond lineup for Nintendo. Overall, it's safe. It's got a kill switch, so we'll see with this one.
So I got the Smash Leaks for ya. I am an intern who works closely with Bill Trien, I'm helping with the translations. So here's the inside scoop for my fellow Anons

First off, Sakurai insisted on a new rule that no playable characters have a tint that makes them too closely resemble another playable character.

Fox, Ike, Samus, Mario, Diddy Kong, and Lucas have had tints replaced for this reason

Fox and Mario had their Wolf and Wario alts replaced with an all purple Fox and Builder Mario for this reason. Big whoop. Here's where it gets interesting.

Chrom, Dark Samus, Masked Man, and Dixie Kong will be joining the roster

Chrom and Dark Samus are straight echos

Masked Man and Dixie are something to be revealed called a "Frankenstein", of which Masked Man will be the poster child of. Basically it's two characters mashed together

Dixie Kong is a Frankenstein of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, her Up-B and Down B are Donkey Kong's, but her Side-B and B are Diddy Kong's, with many of her A animations split between the two (though it more closely resembles Diddy Kong)

Masked Man is a Frankenstein of Toon Link (for A moves), Lucas (for B moves), though he has PK Flash instead of PK Freeze. He has "Helmetless" as an Alt, which is why Lucas lost his Claus skin, but kept his Masked Man inspired skin.

There are VERY FEW characters with unique movesets, but the Echos and Frankensteins make up for them. Few surprises here, with most of the uniques being from the poll.

Some of the DLC is half-done and there are extensive plans from upper management to make Smash last "Longer than the switch itself if possible"

Most of the early DLC will be new third parties for whom negotiation did not finish in time. You got K.Rool for this reason, so be happy.

DLC Wave 1 will include
Waluigi (Requested by Reggie, Mario and Luigi will lose their Waluigi alts in a patch)
Simon Belmont
Banjo Kazooie
Shantae

Stages
Isle Delfino
Diddy Kong Racing (a reskinned Isle Delfino)
Paper Jam (a sequel to the Paper Mario stage, has Mario and Luigi Content)
Poke Floats
Fountain Of Dreams

Uniques
Inkling
Ridley
Geno
Sceptile (did well on the poll)
Mimikyu
Isaac
King K.Rool
Waddle Dee
Ashley
Foreman Spike

Echos
Ninten (In memory of Iwata, who worked on Mother 1)
Chrom
Dark Samus
Isabelle (Digby as an alt)
Captain Toad (Heavier Waddle Dee)
Black Shadow (Melee Ganondorf)
9-Volt (Game and Watch)

Frankensteins
Tiki (Of Corrin and Zelda)
Masked Man
Leon (Wolf and Falco)
Dixie Kong
Baby Mario Bros. (Mario and Ice Climbers)
Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong and Game And Watch) (Doesn't count as a DKC rep)
Marx (Of Ashley and Meta Knight)
Mach Rider (Captain Falcon and Snake, made the Konami guys a little uncomfortable, which is the only reason he isn't a Snake echo)

Assist Trophies (not all, but some)
Felix (Replaces Isaac)
Gulliver (replace Isabelle)
Red (Replaces Ashley)
Birdo
Eggplant Wizard
Krunch
Paper Mario (His hammer splashes the stage with Color, similar to Inkling's Ink)
Team Dark (Shadow's AT got updated)
Arle (Sega got a lot of ATs)
Adeleine

Palutena's Guidance, Snake's Codec, Cranky's Rants, and Squid Sisters Broadcast are all in and serve the same purpose

Those aren't all the stages btw, just had to make room for characters

Pokemon Tower (Mimikyu's Stage)

A weird one untranslated with the same logo as Hanafuda Master, where you have to stay on cards

A Mario Party board

Death Mountain

Gangplank Galleon

Sarasaland - Mario's Castle

Electroplankton

Mt. Itoi (Gyiyg as a stage boss, translation team hasn't renamed him yet.) (Porky Means Business is a track here)

Gaia Falls

Clu Clu Land

Donkey Kong 3

Further ATs
Duster
Teddy
Boshi

Sakurai only counts the uniques as newcomers

Interesting in that it specifies Echoes and "Frankensteins" and includes development reasonings that the "leaker" could reasonably have insight into. The cover of an intern working under Bill Trinen makes me skeptical, but I'd watch out for any "Frankenstein" characters in the future.
You heard it here first. The remaining newcomers in Smash Ultimate will be:

Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong Echo Fighter] (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Dark Samus [Samus Echo Fighter] (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
Isabelle [Villager Echo Fighter] (Animal Crossing)
Shadow The Hedgehog [Sonic Echo Fighter] (Sonic Adventure 2)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Feel free to screenshot. See you in December~!

I have some leaks regarding Smash Ultimate. Heihachi and Isabella will be playable. Dark Samus will be an echo fighter for dlc. Goku will be announced in a surpeise reveal at the Jump Victory Carnival. There are no plans for Waluigi ;)

In case you didn't know, the Jump Victory Carnival is in 5 days, or 11 for the Osaka event (I think the Smash/Mario Aces event is taking place at the Jump Victory Carnival, hence why there are two events), which means we'll know if this one's true very soon. I unironically want Goku in Smash Bros, so I'm in favor of this one
Oh **** that's right, we've got a bonus leak everyone
Here are the characters that will be in the game:

JULY(Nintendo Direct):
-King K Rool
-Simon Belmont

AUGUST(Smash Ultimate Website):
-Dixie Kong

SEPTEMBER(Surprise Announcement):
-Shovel Knight

OCTOBER(Mini Direct):
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Decidueye

NOVEMBER(Smash Ultimate Direct):
-Rayman
-Chibi-Robo

DECEMBER(Post-Game Release Trailers):
-Geno
-Spring Man

DLCs:
-Waluigi
-Crash Bandicoot
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Paper Mario
-Phoenix Wright
-Chorus Kids

Safe, but we'll know if this one is true or not soon. Shovel Knight over other indie picks like Shantae or even Reimu would be kind of disappointing though.
THAT'S RIGHT, WE HAVE A BONUS BONUS "LEAK." IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY[

This leak comes in the form of images, so take a look:
View attachment 152612
View attachment 152613

Characters circled are:
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Heihachi
Geno
Dark Samus
Shadow
Amaterasu
Isabelle
Paper Mario

Solid roster if you ask me.
/SPOILER]

Also, if we're still talking about which character we think is likely to be the next revealed, my money is on K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and Ashley in that order.

"That leak" can mean a lot of things. He's likely mentioning "Leak" 1 in this set if anything.
In regards to leak 1, it’s essentially confirmed as fake due to saying Robobot Kirby will be announced as a Dream Friend.

The Dream Friends were datamined over a month ago. We‘ve known not only the contents of the upcoming Wave 2 update, but also the Wave 3 update that hasn’t even been confirmed yet. Robobot Kirby isn’t in the datamine.

Also why would Brittany from Pikmin be Secretary? She’s not even a Secretary.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Top 3 for me are Fountain of Dreams, PokéFloats, and Pac-Maze (Pac-Man deserves better than just Pac-Land).

Others I’d like are Rainbow Road, Yoshi’s Island Melee, Isle Delfino, Pirate Ship, the DKC Wii U Stage, Gamer, and Green Greens (i think that’s what the GameBoy stage is called).

KMDP

Smash Legend
Majora mask for smash
Majora? The creature in the mask? I can get behind that.

Boy, wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth for Skull Kid fans?
The list paints a very interesting picture when comparing the "Most Active" and "Most Supported".
"Most Active", in this case, means "Most Posts".

For the record, Waluigi (whose thread is now closed) had 75 supporters.

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
Just a heads up, double posts are frowned upon around here, and could be met with a hefty fine by the mods.

By Majora’s Mask do you mean Skull Kid wearing it, or literally just the mask like in the final boss fight?
Yes skull kid for smash basically, but with majoras powers
Majoras mask could be a skin to thought

Oh I did not know

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

POKEFLOATS
POKEFLOATS
Fountain of Dreams
POKEFLOATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom