• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ik people mention Skull Kid, Geno, Isaac, etc. more often than not, but MAN would I kill for some more villains and heavies. Ultimate definitely is going in the right direction with K. Rool and Ridley, but I'd love it if the remaining 3 of the original 12 could get their villains from their games.

- Yoshi: (Baby Bowser or Kamek) Preferably Kamek since we already have 2 Bowser's (although they are unique) and mage fighters are rare in Smash
- Captain Falcon: Black Shadow (Simply just make him an echo fighter with Melee Ganondorf's moveset....I miss it.)
- Ness: Porky (More villain heavy goodness!) Make him THE heaviest character in the game with an arsenal.

Additionally, there are a few franchises without reputable villains:

- Kid Icarus: Hades/Medusa (Medusa as an Echo works fine to me, but damn Hades would be a sick addition/another heavy villain/mage)
- Sonic: Dr. Eggman/Shadow (Same reason's as Kid Icarus)
- Kirby: Honestly...any notable villain (Nightmare, Dark Matter Sword Form, Marx, Magalor) but I guess Meta Knight will do
- Fire Emblem: Black Knight (Just do it, its super easy with Ike being free for an echo)

And yes, I do want characters like Isaac or Geno, Smash really needs to up it's villain representation. Skull Kid in there as a bonus villain/mage.
Shadow as much as I'd like him, works more as a rival nowadays much like how Dark Pit and Pit are in Uprising.

D

Deleted member

IT'S TIME FOR A DEATH BATTLLLLLLLLLLLLL- *clang*

Ike vs Link - Link
Fox vs Samus - Samus
Mewtwo vs Palutena - Palutena
Bowser vs K. Rool - Bowser
Captain Falcon vs Snake - Snake
Mega Man vs Simon Belmont - Mega Man
Lucina vs Meta Knight - Meta Knight
Cloud vs Bayonetta - Bayonetta
Lucario vs Shulk - Shulk
Little Mac vs Ryu - Ryu
---
Round 2!
:ultlink: vs :ultsamus:
:ultpalutena: vs :ultbowser:
:ultsnake: vs :ultmegaman:
:ultmetaknight: vs :ultbayonetta:
:ultshulk: vs :ultryu:
Actually, you know what? This idea could very well be it's own thread! Hang on, I'll be right back...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Shadow as much as I'd like him, works more as a rival nowadays much like how Dark Pit and Pit are in Uprising.
Yeah, if they were to go with a villain, it'd have to be Eggman. I think Sonic is probably the only 3rd party franchise that deserves another unique character in the form of a villain, its practically a Nintendo franchise at this point lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, if they were to go with a villain, it'd have to be Eggman. I think Sonic is probably the only 3rd party franchise that deserves another unique character in the form of a villain, its practically a Nintendo franchise at this point lol.
Isn't Sonic still having games on other platforms?

Not that I'm trying to belittle his connection with Nintendo but "practically a Nintendo franchise" applies more to Bayonetta rather than Sonic.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

I can think of some stages here...

The castle of the first city you get to in the game, and the central seat of Skyrim. Late in the game, you catch a dragon in the yoke on the great porch here, which could act as an interesting stage hazard.

This is the first major dungeon you're directed to after the tutorial, and it's high enough in the mountains to give a commanding view of the world. The best way would be to have the fight looking crosswise, but the arches give the potential for extra platforms.

A castle set on the world's tallest peak, the Throat of the World, it is where the Greybeards train. It serves as a hub for you in the early-mid game, and you receive many of your main powers here. Below the castle, the entire town of Whiterun can be seen, while Paarthurnax could fly in for a visit.

Bastion of the ancient order of the Samurai-esque Blades, this is where the prophetic Alduin's Wall relief is found. Part of the main quest involved bringing the few remaining Blades to this location.

Skuldalfn is an endgame location high in the mountains, and inaccessible except on dragonback. There are plenty of opportunitis for stage hazards in dragons and the dragon priest Nahkriin, but it may also be interesting for this to be a transforming stage like Castle Siege and take the fight to Sovngarde...

The Skyrim equivalent to Valhalla, it's a heavenly mead hall in a psychedelic world. Tsun stands at the Whalebone bridge and watches the fight.

There are also the individual cities, but these various castles are more iconic. Also interiors to Nordic Ruins, but that leaves out the majesty of the landscape. Honestly, a touring stage would be equally beautiful. As long as the stage got a proper day/night cycle and could have random auroras in the sky...

Shroob

Sup?
In 17 days, we'll be down to the final 2 month stretch.

God, E3 feels like forever ago in comparison, but at the same time, it doesn't, it's the weirdest feeling.

D

Deleted member

KMDP KMDP CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate Danpal65 Danpal65 and anybody else that is interested!
I made thread specifically about Smash characters fighting each other in actual battles. The goal with this little question of mine is to post an actual life or death battle against Smash characters, and I want YOU to tell me who would win. Every two or three days, the matches will change. Today's match is Mario vs Sonic.
Here's the link: https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bros-death-battles.458623/#post-22456455
HUGE EDIT: The first match has been changed to Mario vs Sonic! I repeat, Mario vs Sonic!

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Why are there so many people acting as though Box theory is a forgone conclusion? Nothing is confirmed at this point guys.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
If the box theory ends up being false, it's going to become the new "photoshopped Little Mac." The fact a stupid box is what's getting us down is already funny, but it has so much meme potential as well.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So *IF box theory is true (I'm 70/40) and *IF the game lets us sort by series...

Here it is! Our potential base game roster sorted by series. Thoughts? Sorting was hard, but I think I did alright.
Its missing Dixie Kong and Shadow :(

Shroob

Sup?
So *IF box theory is true (I'm 70/40) and *IF the game lets us sort by series...

Here it is! Our potential base game roster sorted by series. Thoughts? Sorting was hard, but I think I did alright.
I love how Incineroar is dead center.

Probably THE most controversial newcomer this game if Vergeben ends up being 100% correct.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright everyone! I've decided to pit Smash characters against each other! We will be treating these fights as actual conflicts. No Smash rules, just you think would win and why.
Smash Bros Offspring Death Match

:ultike:vs:ultlink: = A blue haired pointy ear’d hero who is silent except only to say “Prepare yourself”. Raised by forest sprites that never age but leads them to war when Hyrule is attacked by the Black Knight who slew :ultike:. :ultlink: Is off somewhere sleeping in a pool of water and unaware of its offspring.
:ultfox:vs:ultsamus: = A blonde fox that wears LylatMetroid armor and spams with the arm cannon. Had PTSD of both Ridley and Andross as the child’s parents were both killed in front of thier eyes
:ultmewtwo:vs:ultpalutena: = Mega Cthulhu X and surpreme leader of Rule 34. Becomes the God/Goddess of Perversion and Decadence.
:ultbowser:vs:ultkrool: = A super mega lizard with a multiple personality disorder and a fetish for blonde women and bananas.
:ultfalcon:vs:ultsnake: = the manliest man ever to grace the world of men. Quite possibly future president of Earth.
:ultmegaman:vs:ultsimon: = robotic vampire hunter who can take the powers of its foes, consecrate and purify them, and use it against them. Hates the undead and Mavericks. Raised by :ultmegaman: with periodic visits by :ultsimon: which :ultmegaman: had come to resent due to absent parenting.
:ultlucina:vs:ultmetaknight: = Edgelord tier Waifu and/or Husbando And destined to end all waifu/husbando wars. Left both parents at a tender age to travel back in time. Met them but kept thier parentage hidden. Hates the color pink.
:ultcloud:vs:ultbayonetta: = Edgelord that’s loose with both the tongue and in the bed chambers. Had no connection with thier parents. Raised to be a witch solider by coincidence.
:ultlucario:vs:ultshulk: = Blonde-furred fur who is really feeling it via the Aura. Feels confused how his parents mated but ... oh well.... now it’s showtime the power of aura!
:ultlittlemac:vs:ultryu: = A child who is confused whether to take up the gloves or the Hadoken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Bros Offspring Death Match

:ultike:vs:ultlink: = A blue haired pointy ear’d hero who is silent except only to say “Prepare yourself”
:ultfox:vs:ultsamus: = A blonde fox that wears LylatMetroid armor and spams with the arm cannon.
:ultmewtwo:vs:ultpalutena: = Cthulhu
:ultbowser:vs:ultkrool: = A super mega lizard with a multiple personality disorder and a fetish for blonde women and bananas
:ultfalcon:vs:ultsnake: = the manliest man ever to grace the world of men
:ultmegaman:vs:ultsimon: = robotic vampire savior who can take the powers of its foes, consecrate and purify them, and use it against them
:ultlucina:vs:ultmetaknight: = Edgelord tier Waifu and/or Husbando
:ultcloud:vs:ultbayonetta: = Edgelord that’s lose with both the tongue and in the bed chambers
:ultlucario:vs:ultshulk: = Blonde-furred fur who is really feeling it via the Aura.
:ultlittlemac:vs:ultryu: = A child who is confused whether to take up the gloves or the Hadoken.
If your interested, I made an actual Smash Death Battle thread. https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-bros-death-battles.458623/#post-22456455

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope we can sort by series. To me it looks way better like that than in order of joining the game.
The fact that we can turn off Echo fighters, but we potentially can't sort by series will drive me nuts.

Like, I get it.

You want to focus on Smash as a series since it's the big 2-0 next year.

But you add all these little features and don't let us sort by series?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So, how do you tier rank the Smashers by how much you like them outside of Smash?
For me:
God Tier: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsnake:
Amazing Tier: :ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultshulk:
Cool Tier: :ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultrichter::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud:
Alright Tier: :ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultness::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultryu:
Don't Care Tier: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultolimar::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultmarth::ultroy::ultlucina::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultmiifighters:
"Ugh!" Tier: :ultchrom::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultsonic:
Buy ALL the merch tier: :ultyoshi:/:ultpeach:(Toad):ultluigi::ultsonic::ultpokemontrainer:(Squirtle):ultbowser::ultmario::ultpikachu::ultbowserjr:(Ludwig)
Ey, it's that guy I like tier: :ultpacman::ulttoonlink::ultpeach::ultdaisy:Isabelle:ultzelda::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultryu:
Pretty cool tier: :ultvillager::ultkirby::ultpichu::ultrobin:ultdk::ultike::ultduckhunt::ultpokemontrainer:(Ivysaur):ultwolf::ultlucario::ultganondorf:
Indifferent tier: :ultolimar::ultmewtwo::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:(Other Koopalings):ultridley::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultfox::ultsimon::ultsamus::ultzss::ultyounglink::ultrob:
Not a fan tier: :ultjigglypuff::ultcloud::ultsnake::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultdoc::ultmegaman::ultdarksamus::ultgreninja:
Was a fan but then it was ruined: :ultpit::ultdarkpit:
Only know because of Smash tier: :ultroy::ultwiifittrainer::ultfalcon::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultgnw::ultness::ultlucas::ultcorrin:
Knew of BEFORE SMASH but genuine disdain: :ultbowserjr:(Jr) :ultpokemontrainer:(Charizard) :ultfalco: :ultmiifighters: :ultmetaknight:
Absolute Dislike: :ulticeclimbers::ultpalutena:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized if you put K. Rool's full render next to Isabelle's as they will be on the select screen.

You have one sassy croc seeing a cutie pie dog and going ''Look at this cute **** over here. How adorable is that? I mean I'm evil! And that? That even melts my heart." on the select screen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just realized if you put K. Rool's full render next to Isabelle's as they will be on the select screen.

You have one sassy croc seeing a cutie pie dog and going ''Look at this cute **** over here. How adorable is that? I mean I'm evil! And that? That even melts my heart." on the select screen.
Someone should do fanart of the villains in the roster even not having the heart to hurt Isabelle because of how cute she is. Imagine Ridley of all Nintendo villains especially...:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Well, all I'm going to say about this box theory is this; if it doesn't end up being real, I'm going to laugh like I've never laughed before.

I know this might be sudden, but I feel as if all I've done made an absolute fool of myself while I was on here. I hope that's not the case, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I really hope we can sort by series. To me it looks way better like that than in order of joining the game.
While I would love the option, as more options are better, I am thankful, for me at least, the default is order of appearance. One of my biggest problems is never being able to quickly find the character I'm looking for with the arbitrary way they sorted series. Now it's straightforward--I remember the game they were in (looking for Sonic, so looking for the Brawl characters). It's been an unpopular opinion I've had, but still, I hope there's a way to change how they sort them for people who prefer the old way, and they do give the option on the website.

D

Deleted member

I especially don't see Shantae getting in if the DQ11 character is Jade
How would Jade affect Shantae and vice-versa?

Are you trying to say all tanned girls with ponytails are the same?

I personally don't think we're getting a DQ11 character at all. Sakurai picked Cloud for a reason, there are characters way more popular.
I mean if we are getting a DQ character that is.
Than Jade?

Not really.
She's basically DQ's Isabelle.
https://kotaku.com/the-dragon-quest-xi-character-japan-has-fallen-in-love-1797423013

As in a new character that suddenly takes the fanbase by storm.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is something I find interesting.

Characters from new series' introduced in Smash Bros games.

Smash 64: 10
Melee: 3
Brawl: 6
4 pre-DLC: 8
Ultimate (now AND assuming the box rumour is true): 2

And I know Melee supports that it is possible, but it is still an anomaly and not representative of Sakurai's recent strategy.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This is something I find interesting.

Characters from new series' introduced in Smash Bros games.

Smash 64: 10
Melee: 3
Brawl: 6
4 pre-DLC: 8
Ultimate (now AND assuming the box rumour is true): 2

And I know Melee supports that it is possible, but it is still an anomaly and not representative of Sakurai's recent strategy.
With Melee you can argue that it's because he loaded the roster with clones rather than finding new franchises...

osby

Smash Obsessed
With Melee you can argue that it's because he loaded the roster with clones rather than finding new franchises...
With Melee, there wasn't enough time, so he gave clones to pre-existing franchises.
But, yeah, that's the main reason I'm not that fond of Melee newcomers (even though it's the best) and probably not be fan of Ultimate's. Too little new universes.

D

Deleted member

So, I offically joined the Smashboards Discord server...And, uh, I've got no idea what I'm doing. XD

Shroob

Sup?
Let's be honest.

Outside of Rhythm Heaven, 3rd parties of varying degrees, and Golden Sun, what other 'new universes' does Nintendo have to offer?

ARMs is apparently still too new ala Inklings in Smash 4.

aaaaaand...... what else is there without going hard on the 3rd parties?

With Splatoon and Castlevania here, the biggest 3rd party franchise left I can think of with heavy ties to Nintendo would be either Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden, moreso DQ.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Let's be honest.

Outside of Rhythm Heaven, 3rd parties of varying degrees, and Golden Sun, what other 'new universes' does Nintendo have to offer?

At one point, I thought New Style Boutique would be a nice surprise

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Let's be honest.

With Splatoon and Castlevania here, the biggest 3rd party franchise left I can think of with heavy ties to Nintendo would be either Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden, moreso DQ.
StarTropics for one...

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wasn't gonna comment on retro franchises, since those could be literally any game from the past.
Are you sure? Ice Climbers aside, all retro games we got were pretty big deals in their days and/or have historic significance.

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah.

The biggest reason as to why Brawl and Smash4 have such a surge of franchises is, well look at what we had added.

In Brawl? Stuff like Pikmin, Wario, Sonic.

And in Smash4? Stuff like Punch Out, Megaman, Pac-Man, etc

Brawl and Smash4 basically filled a LOT of holes in Smash when it came to representing Nintendo's history of games, not really leaving 'a lot' of choices left.

I legit could see us getting only 3 franchises in the base game if Vergeben is true with Splatoon, Castlevania, and whatever the 2nd SE rep is, because outside of a very, veeeeery small handful of games, there really aren't a lot left unless we start digging into retro or 3rd party picks.

Darkraid

Smash Champion

He is probably thinking of how to ways to cook this dog.

He's evil you know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom