• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Wow... color theory is almost as laughable as the furniture theory. Didn't think that was possible but that is what has been accomplished.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So, how do you tier rank the Smashers by how much you like them outside of Smash?
For me:
God Tier: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsnake:
Amazing Tier: :ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultshulk:
Cool Tier: :ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultrichter::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud:
Alright Tier: :ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultness::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultryu:
Don't Care Tier: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultolimar::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultmarth::ultroy::ultlucina::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultmiifighters:
"Ugh!" Tier: :ultchrom::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultsonic:
My son tier: :ultshulk:
Amazing tier: :ultbayonetta::ultsamus::ultzss::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ulttoonlink::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwolf:
:ultluigi:
Cool tier: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultbowser::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultfox::ultfalco::ultgreninja::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultyoshi::ultkrool::ultolimar::ultwario:
Was cool when I was like 7 and hold heavy nostalgia for but generally conflicting feelings on tier::ultsonic:
Meh tier: :ultdaisy::ultmario::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultbowserjr:
*Patrick voice* "Who are you people?" tier: :ultcloud::ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultrobin:ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:
"Why are you here?" tier: :ultpichu:

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wow... color theory is almost as laughable as the furniture theory. Didn't think that was possible but that is what has been accomplished.
I think not. Color theory has many thing supporting it. This is because they added K. Rool, who is green for example.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Incineroar = Red
Ridley = Purple
Simon = Brown
F Inkling = Orange
M Inkling - Blue
Isabelle = Yellow
K. Rool = Green
Dixie = Pink
Black Shadow = Black
Sans = White

The theory is pretty headstrong.
this is assuming that Black shadow is an original character? because if not, where are the other echoes? that would give us 2 yellows, richter would be kinda blue/white chrom blue and dark samus Black/blue...

and if you are thinking of colors as wavelenghts black nor pink are colors and if you are thinking them like pigments, Pink is basically a Red value (red with tons of white)... if thats so there is no "blue with tons of white" "yellow with tons of white", or "green with tons of white" either why pink would be teh only color value?

Sorry, but this theory doesn't hold up in my head. like 0...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let's see:
Blessed Tier - :ultluigi::ultshulk::ultlink::ultkingdedede::ulttoonlink::ultinkling::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultdk::ultkrool:

Okay Tier - :ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultkirby::ultmario::ultmewtwo::ultolimar::ultpalutena::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultvillager::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda:

"They Exist" - :ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin:ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzss:

Leave My Presence - :ultlucina::ultsheik::ultdaisy::ultcorrin:
Palutena...over Pit...
C1581BAB-D074-4955-8A29-E4851E5B4FE3.png

Actually, that reminds me. Were there a lot of leaks during the DLC period of Smash 4? I wasn't really active in the rumors group nor the post-release character support group, so I was out of the loop on much of what was going on after the game came out (and actually I stopped caring completely when Cloud was revealed, simply because he was one of the very last characters I would've ever guessed would join Smash at that point in time, lol)

If there were, then I could see that happening again for Smash Ultimate's post release speculation.
Only Ryu and Roy got leaked...and by Nintendo themselves

LetterO

Smash Lord
this is assuming that Black shadow is an original character? because if not, where are the other echoes? that would give us 2 yellows, richter would be kinda blue/white chrom blue and dark samus Black/blue...

and if you are thinking of colors as wavelenghts black nor pink are colors and if you are thinking them like pigments, Pink is basically a Red value (red with tons of white)... if thats so there is no "blue with tons of white" "yellow with tons of white", or "green with tons of white" either why pink would be teh only color value?
Sorry, but this theory doesn't hold up in my head. like 0...
Black Shadow would be a semi to Falcon similar to old Ganon. But if pink contradicts my theory, guess it's outta here. Sorry Dixie, you are eliminated.

The remaining newcomers are now: Black Shadow, Incineroar, and Sans.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Enjoy and have a look and listen

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's clear to me that Color Theory is just a poe...
-Poe
-Zelda has ghosts called Poes
-Poes carry lanterns
-Twilight Princess Skull Kid carries a lantern that looks like the Poe lanterns in that game
-Smash hasn't had a new, unique Zelda character since Melee
-Smash needs a new Zelda rep
-Ultimate has a "Spirits" mode; Poes could be spirits

...wait, I'm trying too hard...

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Black Shadow would be a semi to Falcon similar to old Ganon. But if pink contradicts my theory, guess it's outta here. Sorry Dixie, you are eliminated.

The remaining newcomers are now: Black Shadow, Incineroar, and Sans.
This is bogus.. i don't think sakurai saying...
"Oh, i want to put ashley in smash, but I already compromised in putting incineroar, so I can't put Ashley in" is the reason that Ashley is still an AT... or saying
"wow, people do like Geno.... but people also like boy inkling a lot... too bad that i can put Geno in BECAUSE i already have Inkling.... " "uhm.. definitely the reason why im putting Waluigi as an assist trophy is because Ridley is in, same with Lyn and Krool, this is the only reason and no other"...
or... "Damn I need a white character! let's think... Geralt? nah, he is from a book... oh, of course, Sans! he is na skeleton... wouldn't it be cool if papyrus also comes in... oh... sorry .. i forgot he is also white... damn, guess i will have to scrap a Rythm heaven character again... the sacrifices i do for Optics!"

Basically i don't see Sakurai reasoning for choosing Incineroar instead of say... mimikyu is becuase he needed to represent Red, and yellow was already taken by the more popular Isabelle...

in other words, i can't see it as a valid selection criteria that would in response, create a pattern that could be percieved as a theory...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I would have no issues with Sans as a fighter in Smash Ultimate. I'd actually probably like such a thing.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait a sec there's a color theory now?
Look guys, I get that some of you don't like box theory. But then why do you support **** like music theory and blog theory?! Also why the **** does anyone think there's a color theory?!

This a whole other level compared to "Ridley is in the clouds!" or "The chairs mean Skull Kid!" and both of those were stupid theories.

LetterO

Smash Lord
This is bogus.. i don't think sakurai saying...
"Oh, i want to put ashley in smash, but I already compromised in putting incineroar, so I can't put Ashley in" is the reason that Ashley is still an AT... or saying
"wow, people do like Geno.... but people also like boy inkling a lot... too bad that i can put Geno in BECAUSE i already have Inkling.... " "uhm.. definitely the reason why im putting Waluigi as an assist trophy is because Ridley is in, same with Lyn and Krool, this is the only reason and no other"...
or... "Damn I need a white character! let's think... Geralt? nah, he is from a book... oh, of course, Sans! he is na skeleton... wouldn't it be cool if papyrus also comes in... oh... sorry .. i forgot he is also white... damn, guess i will have to scrap a Rythm heaven character again... the sacrifices i do for Optics!"

Basically i don't see Sakurai reasoning for choosing Incineroar instead of say... mimikyu is becuase he needed to represent Red, and yellow was already taken by the more popular Isabelle...

in other words, i can't see it as a valid selection criteria that would in response, create a pattern that could be percieved as a theory...
As painful as it is, I have to accept that Sakurai would take the unique opportunity of Sans the Skeleton over Chorus Kids. Also, this is just a theory based on the patterns I've seen. It seems as if Sakurai's trying to make each figher unique in not only gameplay, but design so they stand out from each other. Colors are the perfect way to do this.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I have cans of Coors Light that have been there for a long time and I forgot about them

Boshi confirmed...
While blue is taken, Boshi as an echo could work as they aren't restricted by the color theory.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If the Box Theory suggested there would be like 8 characters and that Skull Kid was one of them, there'd literally be nobody saying it's a **** theory.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So, how do you tier rank the Smashers by how much you like them outside of Smash?
For me:
God Tier: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsnake:
Amazing Tier: :ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultshulk:
Cool Tier: :ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultrichter::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud:
Alright Tier: :ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultness::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultryu:
Don't Care Tier: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultolimar::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultmarth::ultroy::ultlucina::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultmiifighters:
"Ugh!" Tier: :ultchrom::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultsonic:
The Best Characters: :ultrosalina::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpichu:
Amazing Characters: :ultbowserjr::ultbayonetta::ultzelda::ultzss::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud::ultmewtwo:
Cool Cats: :ultbowser::ultsimon::ultrichter::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultlucas::ultroy::ultkrool::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultwario::ultmetaknight::ultinkling::ultpeach::ultdaisy:
I ignore your existance: :ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultluigi::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin:ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink:
Go away: :ultmario::ultlittlemac::ultfalco::ultfox::ultike::ultpikachu:

osby

Smash Obsessed
New theory. All the newcomers are represented by the food in our fridges.
My fridge is almost empty, so it seems we won't get too many newcomers after this.
...which shows Sakurai is a troll, because when he said, "not too many", he was obviously using reverse psychology. Now I can blame him for my dissatisfaction without guilt.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Let’s see...

Box Theory
Color Theory
Music Theory
Smash Ballet Theory
Furniture Theory
Cloud Theory
Smash Down Theory

I wonder if all these theories are becoming more fact then Theory now since the release isn’t that far away. But hey it’s amazing how Smash Fans keep the community going with these awesome theory’s. I believe the next Theory would be DLC I guess?

LetterO

Smash Lord
If this color theory stuff isn't a joke i'm calling the police.
Blue's already taken, and I don't see the police being an echo of anybody unless it's something along the vein of a Good Cop/Bad Cop duo echoing Ice Climbers.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Look guys, I get that some of you don't like box theory. But then why do you support **** like music theory and blog theory?! Also why the **** does anyone think there's a color theory?!

This a whole other level compared to "Ridley is in the clouds!" or "The chairs mean Skull Kid!" and both of those were stupid theories.
Y'all are aware color theory was only created to make a mockery of the music theory, yes?

Pretty sure it was designed to be facetious but it totally failed in that regard.

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled (1).png

If someone wants to make a non-**** version with all the garbage we've had to wade through this time, by all means, be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom