• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Skull Kid could easily fit as a playable character; he can even pull some things he has outside of the Mask for moveset potential.

As a boss...you don't even fight him in MM, in OoT you can only fight him if you're Adult Link (and he's not much of a fight), and in TP you're basically just trying to tag him while slashing his puppets.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Actually, that reminds me. Were there a lot of leaks during the DLC period of Smash 4? I wasn't really active in the rumors group nor the post-release character support group, so I was out of the loop on much of what was going on after the game came out (and actually I stopped caring completely when Cloud was revealed, simply because he was one of the very last characters I would've ever guessed would join Smash at that point in time, lol)

If there were, then I could see that happening again for Smash Ultimate's post release speculation.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
if tougon is liking this, this is probably a meme theory, but I will bite anyways... what the hell is a the color theory (not talking about goethe xD)
The theory that each newcomer represents one of the main colors. The remaining not represented are Red, Pink, White, and Black.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Skull Kid is to be a boss. I still think the best approach is fighting him first as that but after defeating him. Skull Kid himself is finally free and you then fight Majora.

D

Deleted member

Actually, that reminds me. Were there a lot of leaks during the DLC period? I wasn't really active in the rumors group nor the post-release character support group, so I was out of the loop on much of what was going on after the game came out (and actuaally I stopped caring completely when Cloud was revealed, simply because he was one of the last characters I had ever expected to see in Smash at that point, lol)

If there were then I could see that happening again for Smash Ultimate's post release speculation.
Nintendo messed up and leaked Ryu and Roy themselves, once through leaving their fanfare in an update, and later through their files being uploaded early. No one else was leaked.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This Lucina talk is such an oxymoron...

You guys rave on about how Zero Suit Samus breasts are too big and that they’re supposed to be smaller since it doesn’t portray her character well... but then **** on Lucina for having small breasts for just that.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Nintendo messed up and leaked Ryu and Roy themselves, once through leaving their fanfare in an update, and later through their files being uploaded early. No one else was leaked.
Ah, thanks! I do remember info on Roy being leaked now that you mention it.

If no one else managed to get their hands on DLC info then, then I don't see why it'd be much more likely to happen this time. I think we can go through the very likely DLC period of Ultimate without having to worry about leaks, then. So long as Nintendo doesn't make a mistake like that, again.

So... if you had to guess, how long until an ESRB-esque totally indisputable leak, if ever?
My guess would be sometime in November, or maybe very late October. I believe the ESRB came out in September, which wasn't that far off from Smash 3DS's release in October. If such a leak happens, it's gonna be a late one. All things considered, it'd already be a pretty late leak if it happened right now, imo.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So... if you had to guess, how long until an ESRB-esque totally indisputable leak, if ever?
I would guess within two months of the game being released. Though with how secretive Nintendo has been with this game thus far (especially Spirits) it could be a longer wait.
I'll bet sometime in mid to late October.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope it doesn't happen soon. i'm here to speculate and laugh at terrible fake leaks, once real leaks hit i'm audi 5000. I want a few things to be a surprise.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
*sees how many likes were givien on my posts loving Yoshi*

*sees how many likes were given on a post that took me to task for loving Yoshi*

Gee, thanks for the support...
I think they support you loving Yoshi.

I just think they don't support you hyperventilating over it. Sounds a little... excessive I think.

But Yoshi's cool. And everyone knows how much you dig him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Here's a question for a different topic, although it's likely already been discussed here several times.

If Spirits Mode isn't an Adventure Mode, what do you think it could be, and most likely will be?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Ranking characters outside of Smash? Okay.

My Pure Babs: :ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy::ultchrom::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultsamus::ultzss::ultness::ultlucas:

My Childhood Heroes: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultsonic::ultpacman:

Never Played Their Game, But They're Hot At Least: :ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultlittlemac::ultryu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:

Cool Beans, Chief: :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultmegaman::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultkrool::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ulttoonlink::ultganondorf::ultrosalina::ultvillager: (Isabelle)

Meh: :ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultrob::ulticeclimbers::ultdoc::ultjigglypuff::ultolimar:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
So, how do you tier rank the Smashers by how much you like them outside of Smash?
For me:
God Tier: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ultsamus::ultzss::ultsnake:
Amazing Tier: :ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultshulk:
Cool Tier: :ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultridley::ultfalcon::ultrichter::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultpokemontrainer::ultcloud:
Alright Tier: :ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultness::ultlucas::ultkingdedede::ultryu:
Don't Care Tier: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultdoc::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultolimar::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultmarth::ultroy::ultlucina::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultpacman::ultmiifighters:
"Ugh!" Tier: :ultchrom::ultrobin:ultcorrin::ultsonic:
Outside of Smash, huh?

Best - :ultdarksamus::ultshulk::ultzelda::ultness::ultyoshi::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultridley:

Next - :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultganondorf::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmetaknight::ultolimar::ultpichu::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultsamus::ulttoonlink:

Okay - :ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucario::ultmario::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultrobin:ultsonic::ultwario::ultwolf:

Neutral - :ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultpalutena::ultrob::ultryu::ultsheik::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultzss:

Bad - :ultcorrin::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultvillager:

Roy's Pit - :ultroy:

not really putting that much effort in because work murdered me but I have pretty easy to please tastes,

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Here's a question for a different topic, although it's likely already been discussed here several times.

If Spirits Mode isn't an Adventure Mode, what do you think it could be, and most likely will be?
I'll maintain that it could be a method of unlocking characters. I'm not exactly how that'll work in practice, but if not adventure mode, that's the other apparent option imo.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Whenever the next Smash Direct arrives :V

Given we're getting all characters before Launch after all. Not really a leak being officially released information but it's the only thing that will truly be indisputable. Even the ESRB leak was disputed for a little while even if they were for the dumbest reasons.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Waluigi's Taco Stand I hope it's an adventure/story mode, but if it's not that, maybe a Great Maze-esque, special Smash Run with more features and stuff.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
What if Skull Kid was a first ever Boss AND playable character?
I mean Ratholos is our first Boss/Assist Trophy. Why not have another series first?
(Incredibly doubtful but something to consider)
EDIT: Majora is Boss, Skull Kid, playable.

Last edited:
This Lucina talk is such an oxymoron...

You guys rave on about how Zero Suit Samus breasts are too big and that they’re supposed to be smaller since it doesn’t portray her character well... but then **** on Lucina for having small breasts for just that.
It's almost like people are joking

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Doesn't help too Loz18 was revealed to be a fraud decreasing Skull Kids chances. I'm honestly inclined to believe he maybe a boss as well.
It doesn't change much because Loz's credibility was always in question, particularly his bias of Skull Kid--as I've said before, you can't trust Legend of Zelda 13 on anything Zelda related. But it also doesn't count as a strike against Skull Kid--it just means Skull Kid's chances haven't changed.

I think it was a month before release? So in this case, around November. We probably won't be getting any leaks from the ESRB as it's already been rated for a month or so, but that's around the time things are ramping up for release. However, they've probably taken that into account, which is why Sakurai said they would be revealing the design of every fighter prior to release.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if Skull Kid was a first ever Boss AND playable character?
I mean Ratholos is out first Boss/Assist Trophy. Why not have another series first?
(Incredibly doubtful but something to consider)
EDIT: Majora is Boss, Skull Kid, playable.
I believe this is possible, but more-likely if bosses are in Spirits, and it ends up being an adventure/story mode.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The theory that each newcomer represents one of the main colors. The remaining not represented are Red, Pink, White, and Black.
Pink is not a real color DX and honestly white and black are iffy too...

but let me see if i get it...
purple=ridley
Simon Belmont=orange...(Unless you are saying that he goes for the tertiary color brown.. although brown is a very indefinite color, you have like... red browns, green browns, yellow browns, etc..... but oh well)
Incineroar=Red
Isabelle=Yellow
Krool=Green
Inklings=Blue and female inkling Orange again...

and thats all the primary and secondary colors... if you count Simon as brown you ever cover the tertiary colors.... so.. we are only missing a white newcomer?

And no, pink and black doesn't count...

Honestly nah...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
People still talking about Skull Kid as a boss.

It makes no sense, he was never a boss, if you looking for a MM boss, use Wrath.

Loz mentioned Skull Kid before all of the questionable crap so it could very well be he still HAD his sources then. For sure though it's clear he doesn't have anything anymore. Loz disappearing has no bearing on Skull Kid's chances.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Pink is not a real color DX and honestly white and black are iffy too...

but let me see if i get it...
purple=ridley
Simon Belmont=orange...(Unless you are saying that he goes for the tertiary color brown.. although brown is a very indefinite color, you have like... red browns, green browns, yellow browns, etc..... but oh well)
Incineroar=Red
Isabelle=Yellow
Krool=Green
Inklings=Blue and female inkling Orange again...

and thats all the primary and secondary colors... if you count Simon as brown you ever cover the tertiary colors.... so.. we are only missing a white newcomer?

And no, pink and black doesn't count...

Honestly nah...
Incineroar = Red
Ridley = Purple
Simon = Brown
F Inkling = Orange
M Inkling - Blue
Isabelle = Yellow
K. Rool = Green
Dixie = Pink
Black Shadow = Black
Sans = White

The theory is pretty headstrong.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess i'll do that tier thing.

My favorite video game franchise of all time forever tier- :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja:

Second to Pokemon tier-:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdaisy::ultinkling:

Really Really great tier-:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultsheik::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultsonic:

Alright tier-:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin:ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultchrom::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultness::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultwario::ultsnake::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultsamus::ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultfalcon::ultsimon:

lol tier-:ultgnw::ultrob::ultmiifighters::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt:

If you died I wouldn't cry tier-:ultrichter::ultshulk:

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
soon, i guess. we're two months away from release and that means that more and more people are going to have access to the game, either for testing purposes, previews or marketing, which means nintendo will have a harder time catching and preventing leaks. nintendo will also probably **** up and leak something by accident. its like a tradition at this point with them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Incineroar = Red
Ridley = Purple
Simon = Brown
F Inkling = Orange
M Inkling - Blue
Isabelle = Yellow
K. Rool = Green
Dixie = Pink
Black Shadow = Black
Sans = White

The theory is pretty headstrong.
I'd like to see Sans tbh.

Even as an assist trophy; he could be like Mr. Resetti, except instead of raging, he'd talk about life in the Underground, his brother Papyrus, tell skeleton puns, and fall asleep ever so often. If attacked, he could dodge and then attack back once or twice, though not go full-overpowered mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom