• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Confirmed for August 8th

Dj3NbugXsAAnA5F.jpg

In what can only be described as a move no one saw coming, Nintendo kicked off the finals of Evo 2018's Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament with an announcement of their own.

A new, entirely Super Smash Bros. Ultimate focused Direct will be airing this Wednesday, August 8th, at 7:00 AM PT/10:00 AM ET. This will be our first time receiving a large bulk of new information since the game's unveiling at E3 nearly two months ago, so there will be quite a bit to look forward to. Mark your calendars!

Author's Note: Fenriraga is going to be in class when the Direct is going on and will be screaming internally all the while. What do you think might be shown during the direct? Let us know in the comments!

Kyle "Fenriraga" Hurley

Comments

I wonder if it will be an announcement showing off a story mode of sorts... Smash Run and Final Destination 2.0 are pretty much test runs for it anyway.

Characters I am hoping for:
- Isaac (Golden Sun)
- Ashley (WarioWare) For Sure!
- Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)

Banjo Kazooie, Amaterasu (This direct is one day before the Okami HD switch release), King.K rool, and Dixie kong. Just one of those characters will make this the best direct for me!

August 8! Wednesday! Can't wait!

I am looking forward to new information, especially new characters and new stages!

I hope he'll announce a new story-mode, that's the only thing I'm wishing for. I don't care about new characters or Smash events.

I hope he'll announce a new story-mode, that's the only thing I'm wishing for. I don't care about new characters or Smash events.
Same here, honestly. I personally liked SSE back in Brawl and how it provided a convenient method to unlocking all of the characters in one go.

Same here, honestly. I personally liked SSE back in Brawl and how it provided a convenient method to unlocking all of the characters in one go.
As much as I really want new fighters, but this mode takes me back when I played it by myself or with a friend. The story from the game kicks a**. Good times. :)

Oh yes, I’m definitely taking off work that day and watching this with my friends! Any new information will make me very excited. Confirming any new or returning stages and modes and any cool newcomers will be enough to hype me up! Especially since I’ve paid off my game and preordered the GameCube controller and adapter!

Nintendo please kill me by confirming Spyro or Waluigi.

I am willing to also self-destruct if a story mode is announced. Come on Samurai, just slice me right up.

Wow, Sakurai has really been spoiling us as of late. I was betting a regular direct featuring details on Nintendo's online service.

The game is definitely in it's bug testing phase.

It would be really cool if you can buy different final Smashes like Sonic transforming to a werehog or Mario using his Kart like a Fox Smash or Falcon Smash.

LET'S

GO!

(Aw I got a spam warning. Imagine this post with hundreds of ‘O’s)

I was excited :3 I didn’t know that wasn’t allowed. My bad.

:rotfl::crazy::chuckle::psycho:

Last edited:
We'll see more deconfirmed characters in the direct from additional assist/trophies. I am sure that we'll see character changes from the e3 demo also such as frame data.

D
Well to the people, that said we'd get something at EVO Gold star for you good guessing. Meh I'm happy not expecting much, modes, maybe Isabelle as an Echo.

I'm happy about everything so far, no different here I guess.

Top Bottom