• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Confirmed for August 8th

Dj3NbugXsAAnA5F.jpg

In what can only be described as a move no one saw coming, Nintendo kicked off the finals of Evo 2018's Super Smash Bros. Melee tournament with an announcement of their own.

A new, entirely Super Smash Bros. Ultimate focused Direct will be airing this Wednesday, August 8th, at 7:00 AM PT/10:00 AM ET. This will be our first time receiving a large bulk of new information since the game's unveiling at E3 nearly two months ago, so there will be quite a bit to look forward to. Mark your calendars!

Author's Note: Fenriraga is going to be in class when the Direct is going on and will be screaming internally all the while. What do you think might be shown during the direct? Let us know in the comments!

Kyle "Fenriraga" Hurley

Comments

Ten bucks says it's Geno and Etika's gonna say "Jeno".

Also, why are these things always on the worst possible days/times? What's wrong with the weekend?

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if we don't get at least one newcomer reveal. But that aside, I'm hoping to learn more about Robin and Palutena.

That said, however, you never know with Sakurai. So we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope that they talk about the feedback received from the Invitational players and how they improved upon/didn't change the aspect of the game the players talked about, as well as why.

Crossing fingers for improved wavedashing and wavelanding.

Top Bottom