On September 12th, Nintendo of America announced a string of events known as the “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate College Tailgate Tour.” Throughout this tour, Smash Ultimate demos will be playable at multiple football games at colleges across the United States starting on September 22nd.
The Super #SmashBrosUltimate Tailgate Tour is hitting the road for college football season! The Tour will kick off 9/22 and bring the battle right outside the stadiums of various college football matches. Compete, challenge, & earn your bragging rights!https://t.co/bsZWHBzErv pic.twitter.com/Luc9F5BAyT— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) September 12, 2018
Each of these events will feature six different Smash Ultimate demo stations in the stadium parking lot, along with a larger screen streaming the matches for the audience’s viewing pleasure. There are no age restrictions, nor are there any fees to play and compete. Additionally prizes will be given to competitors who’ve emerged victorious in a competition. The current list of college games and dates can be found below:
- September 22nd, Stanford @ Oregon
- October 6th, Alabama @ Arkansas
- October 13th, Wisconsin @ Michigan
- October 20th, Oklahoma @ TCU
- October 27th, Clemson @ FSU
- November 3rd, South Carolina @ Ole Miss
- November 10th, TCU @ West Virginia
- November 17th, Miami @ Virginia Tech
- November 24th, Michigan @ Ohio State
Author’s Note: Are you interested in going to any of these events? Any other college stadiums you’d like to see host Smash Ultimate? Let us know in the comments!