• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe Edition In The Future?

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
Well most players will get the pass i guess. I love smash and 25€ is not that much money.

Guess buying the game now with the pass will be as expensive as a special edition in feb 2020. So people who want it should not wait for this.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
A few basic things for example:
  • Spirits gets monotonous quickly and there's a lack of any detail behind them unlike trophies
there detailed enough for me, trophy were a waste of development time,
  • The online clearly wasn't thought through enough
got me there
  • Games and More is seriously lacking in content
yes there is not a lot of modes but wol makes up for it despite the complaining about it, it has clocked hours upon hours of game play on my switch for the game which is what the mode is designed to do. You speak of repetitiveness but target test, hitting a sandbag are extremely repetitive and boring
  • No masterpieces
there is a perfect example of waste of space they were nothing more then glorified demo's that were placed under a time limit.

• Some of the new gamemodes feel forgettable (but that's just me)
not much to say here
  • notClassic Mode feels better than whatever the hell we got in Smash 4 but it still isn't like what we had in Brawl (and it also got boring fast, but that's just me again)
classic is the best we ever had, it beats the random crap that was in 4

• All Star Mode got demoted
don't know a better way to do it with this big a cast
answers in bild

PF9

Smash Lord
In addition to heavily cutting back on how many characters are unlockable, those that do get unlockable status in a proposed SSB Ultimate 2 should have a different method for each character, much like Smash games prior to Ultimate. Of course I'd also have them be unlockable by having each character join the story mode party and by playing VS. matches.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Nintendo isn’t Capcom, they’re not gonna release Ultimate again (Seriously how many times has Capcom released SF4?). I hate when developers release games over and over again and you have to buy it to play online because it’s the “optimal” version. I really really don’t want this to happen. I also really really hope an “upgraded” Switch with exclusive games doesn’t happen. Having to buy a new 3DS to play certain games I really wanted to play didn’t sit right with me

I’m completely fine with big patches and big DLC happening adding a lot of new content but not a deluxe edition of the game. The only fighting game I really think the deluxe edition was completely worth it for was UMvC3

we did get one, it came out a month and a half ago.
Things that are completely wrong and lead me to believe you haven’t played Ultimate

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Nintendo isn’t Capcom, they’re not gonna release Ultimate again (Seriously how many times has Capcom released SF4?). I hate when developers release games over and over again and you have to buy it to play online because it’s the “optimal” version. I really really don’t want this to happen. I also really really hope an “upgraded” Switch with exclusive games doesn’t happen. Having to buy a new 3DS to play certain games I really wanted to play didn’t sit right with me

I’m completely fine with big patches and big DLC happening adding a lot of new content but not a deluxe edition of the game. The only fighting game I really think the deluxe edition was completely worth it for was UMvC3

Things that are completely wrong and lead me to believe you haven’t played Ultimate
honestly I hope it's a more powerful switch, so we can get some more 3rd party games in that all the other consoles have

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
honestly I hope it's a more powerful switch, so we can get some more 3rd party games in that all the other consoles have
I mean that would definitely be nice but I really don’t like the idea of having to buy a console twice. Don’t get me wrong I will if they come out with a new Switch but there better be really good trade in deals for it

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
According our main man Sakurai, there will be no specific Palutena Guidance for the Fighters Pass characters. I hope they do get them in at least the Deluxe edition of this game. If the Pass fighters don't get their own Classic modes either then surely someone will think it won't all be quite complete yet. I do think there are potential modes that show off the capabilities that the Nintendo Switch Pro could do kinda like with Link's Awakening DX's color presentation.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like what?
A few basic things for example:
  • Spirits gets monotonous quickly and there's a lack of any detail behind them unlike trophies
  • The online clearly wasn't thought through enough
  • Games and More is seriously lacking in content
  • No masterpieces
  • Some of the new gamemodes feel forgettable (but that's just me)
  • Classic Mode feels better than whatever the hell we got in Smash 4 but it still isn't like what we had in Brawl (and it also got boring fast, but that's just me again)
  • All Star Mode got demoted
And than you had modes such as Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, Event Matches, Stage Builder, and Smash Run getting completely cut from the game, which downgrades the game's replay value.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
People are still lulling themselves into the idea that a Deluxe version is going to happen?

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Smash Run has been a requested to be a returning mode. However, it's awfully big to develop for DLC. Sure we have the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 but I seem to think Nintendo has more focus on Splatoon than Smash Bros. when it comes to DLC. Smash Run could be saved for a deluxe version when the development team should get bigger than now.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
When it comes to schilling out the same game multiple times, I'd prefer Nintendo did less of that, not more.

MvC3U and every other "deluxe" fighting game is a disgusting cash grab that could be done exactly the same as DLC without releasing the same game again at full price like greedy shmucks.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Persona 5 Royal is coming to PS4. This same console has the standard version of P5 which is now cheaper.

Sakurai is apparently a fan of this game and I wonder if P5R may inspire him to do a deluxe port of Ultimate with content that weren't planned for the DLC. A co-director should be on board.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Yeah... no. I strongly doubt it.

Just because he is a fan of that game, doesn't mean that all of his decisions as a creator are going to reflect how the other developers handled said game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I do think they are gonna milk out on Smash Ultimate for quite a while though. They might simply add new modes, characters, stages and bring back old elements as say, Adventure Mode, Smash Run, Custom Moves and all.. but nothing real significant. Slight graphical upgrades, and this way the game might live around 10 years longer than usual. If they can fine tune the competitive parts of the game and listen to the competitive community, this could potentially be a great success.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do think they are gonna milk out on Smash Ultimate for quite a while though. They might simply add new modes, characters, stages and bring back old elements as say, Adventure Mode, Smash Run, Custom Moves and all.. but nothing real significant. Slight graphical upgrades, and this way the game might live around 10 years longer than usual. If they can fine tune the competitive parts of the game and listen to the competitive community, this could potentially be a great success.
To be honest, all the old elements you gave are pretty significant.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
MvC3U and every other "deluxe" fighting game is a disgusting cash grab that could be done exactly the same as DLC
in UMVC3's case, it literally WAS planned to all just be DLC for vanilla 3

but the big earthquakes and nuclear plant meltdown in 2011 put a massive speedbump to it, so they just packaged all the extra content up as its own package instead

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To be honest, all the old elements you gave are pretty significant.
Yes, but is it worth a total new game with exactly Ultimate's engine and everything, same exact balance of the characters from Ultimate's last patch, but only has a few old modes thrown back in it? Because that's what am basically expecting for upcoming Smash games if Sakurai isn't gonna be the director of it. Unless they are gonna reboot all, but that seems like a bad business decision.

Top Bottom