• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate CPUs

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, am I the only one that is angry that they nerfed the CPU9? I had more fun playing with the old CPU9 than all the last week of this game. I missed them and I find it sad that now those CPU sucks. Can't the dev. add a "CPUX level" for the CPU that you could select so nobody would whine about them being difficult? I learned stuff from them but now I can't. It's been few weeks I know but damn... those CPUs were gold.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I actually found them more entertaining. They toned down their bull**** levels like reading all of your inputs and reacting to them perfectly, and they also seem to play around in a more adaptive way.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Is it just me, or is this thread redundant?

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused. When were the CPU's changed? I thought only the unlock CPU's were changed.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Sounds to me like they should put the old ones back in under a separate designation. Call 'em CPU X or "CPU Ultimate."

That way, players like me can still complete challenges, while the better players still get to have a worthy opponent.

Last edited:

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Sounds to me like they should put the old ones back in under a separate designation. Call 'em CPU X or "CPU Ultimate."

That way, players like me can still complete challenges, while the better players still get to have a worthy opponent.
That's actually what I sugested in another thread, having a 'CPU X' type that could act like the original ones. True that I liked the fights with CPU when I first tried the game.

I actually found them more entertaining. They toned down their bull**** levels like reading all of your inputs and reacting to them perfectly, and they also seem to play around in a more adaptive way.
I can understand, though I disagree. I personally found them more entertaining with all their bull**** and crazy edgarding. But I can totally understand your point of view.

godogod

Smash Ace
I noticed counter CPU players aren't counter happy anymore, but they perfect shield just as much instead. All this perfect shielding is annoying as **** and not realistic. Really puts a damper when trying to pull off combos.

Top Bottom