• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Character Reveal to Take Place on January 16th

sakurai.jpg

Today it was announced that a new DLC fighter would be revealed for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate via a livestream with Sakurai.

The livestream will be roughly 35 minutes long and will take place on 1/16 at 6 am PST.

Which character do you think will be revealed?

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Broke: Dante because of the DMC3 rumors for the 16th
Woke: Three Houses character
Bespoke: KOS-MOS, because there are three Xenosaga games
Masterstroke: IT’S THE LETTER E, WHICH MEANS...

In all seriousness tho we have atm no idea who it is, it may be a surprise like Joker... this seems promising

Call me crazy but I will say it

3 character announcement
Dante(dmc3)
Kos Mos(3xenosaga)
Travis Touchdown(NMH3)

It's funny because the two most probable characters are Dante and Travis and both are so cool.
I hope it's Travis, but Dante would also be a good DLC.

SAKURAI, GIMMIE MY PAPER MARIO YOU COWARD!
Also, PM only got three games. I guess it may be a hint.

jk is going to be, I don’t know, Doomguy

Does Bonk have more than three games?

Yes.

But he's mostly known for Bonk's Adventure, Bonk's Revenge, and Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure, so yeah, let's just claim this is going to be Bonk.

I turned the picture 90 degrees and what do I see? He is making the letter M with his fingers! So 3 + M = (M)aybe (M)ajoras (M)ask character! Skullkid Confirm. And if you turn thr picture 90 degrees the other way you get "W".. 3 w is what? www = world wide web. And where do they announce this fighter? This is crazy! On the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!

Would definitely want Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden. I’d be disappointed if he wasn’t added in, but would still be appreciate whatever character we end up getting.

I turned the picture 90 degrees and what do I see? He is making the letter M with his fingers! So 3 + M = (M)aybe (M)ajoras (M)ask character! Skullkid Confirm. And if you turn thr picture 90 degrees the other way you get "W".. 3 w is what? www = world wide web. And where do they announce this fighter? This is crazy! On the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!
Deleted my ww3 joke, and now i pose the question... Reverse the image. Is it not an echo fighter symbol? Maybe it will have an announcement for half-price echo fighter dlc packs...

Last edited:
Why all this confidence in Travis of all people? I mean, clearly they don't have to be iconic anymore, but why him? I can get the Dante stuff even if they probably wouldn't want them to reveal an important date in a tweet like that if he was in.

Come on Crash Bandicoot !!!

Chances are it's going to be 3rd Party, If Crash Bandicoot somehow doesn't make it in whether it's Fighter #5 or future DLC, It's gonna feel like another missed opportunity after Sony and Activision failed to get him into Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

One of the biggest names left in gaming that has yet to make it into any major crossover fighter and would make for a great CGI moment when Mario, Sonic and Crash finally duke it out.

Personally it would also help even out that fighters pass that looks completely lopsided with fellow platformer mascots Banjo-Kazooie sticking out all by themselves.

Last edited:
Who I want:
Crash
Toxtricity
Doomslayer

Who I think it could be:
Edelgard
Byleth (please no)
Ryu Hayabusa
Doomslayer
KOS-MOS (her name is getting thrown around nonstop)
Crash? (Doubt it tbh)

Wanting Crash bad

going with low expectations so I wouldn’t be mind blown
Oh dude I'd love Crash, Spyro, or maybe even Dr. Neo Cortex...

I'm going in knowing none of the ones I want will be it... Hopefully thats not true but its whatever at this point... None of the ones I wanted got in yet.

I've been waiting for Lara Croft, Scorpion, Peashooter, & now Urshifu. I'm holding out for one of those as dlc after the pass

Who I want:
Crash
Toxtricity
Doomslayer

Who I think it could be:
Edelgard
Byleth (please no)
Ryu Hayabusa
Doomslayer
KOS-MOS (her name is getting thrown around nonstop)
Crash? (Doubt it tbh)
What if its Urshifu?
I made a thread with a small idea of how he could work here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/str...-armor-its-the-urshifu-support-thread.497730/
I still think just like the rest of the pass, Fighter #5 is gonna be 3rd Party.

But if were going 1st Party then my choice would be a Pokemon Sword and Shield Gen 8 rep.

Inteleon would be my choice as he's probably my favorite starter and Pokemon overall this gen and I get Sceptile and Greninja vibes which are past favorites of mine, I would imagine that they can use Greninja as a base and though they seem similar, Other than his Water Shuriken attack Greninja seems more close combat oriented where as Inteleon seems like he would be more of a ranged fighter with gun/pistol like attacks and Snipe Shots.

That Kung fu bear would be a pretty cool choice too.

While were at it let's throw in a Galar Dynamax Stadium along with that sweet Gym Leader Battle Theme in there too.

Last edited:

Today it was announced that a new DLC fighter would be revealed for Super Smash Brothers Ultimate via a livestream with Sakurai.

The livestream will be roughly 35 minutes long and will take place on 1/16 at 6 am PST.

What matters is knowing that it'll never be goku

Better not be KOS MOS

Top Bottom