• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGFan95’s Comprehensive Smash Ultimate Deluxe Edition / Smash 6 Feature Request List

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
Edit: This post has moved to Medium. Please go to this link.

Last edited:

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
Converted to ideas for Super Smash Bros 6, since Ultimate is done.

Last edited:

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
Removed spoiler tags and re-arranged some of the content.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well, I've tried everything I can think of to send this to Nintendo, but the company really does not want fans to send them feedback or ideas for any of their games. They seem to only respond to mass complaints reported to their customer service centers (like when they got complaints about Steve's victory screen pose). The relationship between Nintendo and Smash-Fans is absolutely atrocious and probably at an all-time low, so not really any surprises here.
I don't think you understand how game pitches work.

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
If you have any ideas of how to pitch ideas to a company that won't even let you send them an email, it would be great to get a comment with some actual insight instead of a stereotypical useless comment. The OP is a developer requirements guide focusing on what the software needs to do. Given that post, you'd know exactly what needs to be done to create the game.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
If you have any ideas of how to pitch ideas to a company that won't even let you send them an email, it would be great to get a comment with some actual insight instead of a stereotypical useless comment. The OP is a developer requirements guide focusing on what the software needs to do. Given that post, you'd know exactly what needs to be done to create the game.
bruh I think all he's saying is that individual, neat ideas are not going to be noticed by multi-billion dollar corporations who have deadlines to meet, shareholders to keep happy, expectations to raise, AAA games to make. It's not that your ideas aren't good ones, but Nintendo's relationship with fans isn't at a low point because it never existed in the first place. Why would the company that shuts down community-run tournaments for their own game listen to ideas from that community about how to make said game?

For what it's worth I think your ideas are good ones, and most of them stem from issues a lot of people have with the series, meaning they might get addressed in the future. But - coming from someone who spent a decent part of his childhood writing letters to Sega and Nintendo, and being utterly dejected after months and months of no response - there's really not a way to get your ideas heard. That is, in this case, unless you can gather up a Twitter army with massive staying power, or you somehow weasel your way into the development team.

FazDude

Smash Master
bruh I think all he's saying is that individual, neat ideas are not going to be noticed by multi-billion dollar corporations who have deadlines to meet, shareholders to keep happy, expectations to raise, AAA games to make. It's not that your ideas aren't good ones, but Nintendo's relationship with fans isn't at a low point because it never existed in the first place. Why would the company that shuts down community-run tournaments for their own game listen to ideas from that community about how to make said game?

For what it's worth I think your ideas are good ones, and most of them stem from issues a lot of people have with the series, meaning they might get addressed in the future. But - coming from someone who spent a decent part of his childhood writing letters to Sega and Nintendo, and being utterly dejected after months and months of no response - there's really not a way to get your ideas heard. That is, in this case, unless you can gather up a Twitter army with massive staying power, or you somehow weasel your way into the development team.
Yep, this pretty much nails my thoughts on the head. I do think that these ideas are fairly good, but given Nintendo's relationship with fan works, I highly doubt they're going to pen a legal agreement with you to get this done. Besides, I think there's some legal red tape around companies using consumer-submitted works? I remember reading about that once.

Nah

Smash Champion
tbh it's not even a Nintendo-specific thing, as poor as their relationship is with fans

there's companies considering common and widely voiced feedback/praise/complaints, and then there's "well if I just write this detailed and well-thought out email to them they like have to do it right? even though I'm just one rando and probably hardly the only person who has emailed them stuff".

like, I really don't know why people think that they as an individual could have that kind of sway with a corporation lol

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
Thanks, I appreciate the responses and it's good that people like the original post.

I really don't know why people think that they as an individual could have that kind of sway with a corporation lol
I have always known that something like this could not get attention individually. That's why I posted it online in the first place. I'd need help from a lot of different people and sources to make it go anywhere, and I wouldn't want to implement stuff into the game unless it was agreed upon.

The part that is frustrating is seeing the unused potential a game like Ultimate has and just crossing my fingers, hoping the developer will see the same opportunity for improvement and update the game. It never happens, and because of the company policies everyone is too deflated to care anymore.

Top Bottom