• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Tournament: Brawl and Melee - November 16th, 2013 - Schenectady, NY

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
hey guys it NFS very first Tournament. and it will be Smash bros!!!!

signups - 10am - 11:30am STRICT!!!

Entry fee - $5
Brawl and melee singles - $10
Brawl and Melee Doubles - $10 each teammate ($20 per team)

SSBB BRAWL

Game Settings

3 stock.
8 minutes.
Items: None (additionally all Items are toggled: OFF)
Team Attack: ON
Pause: OFF
Stages: All "First Round" Stages toggled: ON; all others toggled: OFF.

Brackets: Double Elimination
Sets: Best 2 wins of 3 rounds
Rounds: The winner of a Round is the Player who's character is shown as the winner on the end screen.

Upper Finals: Best 3 wins of 5 rounds
Lower Finals: Best 3 win of 5 rounds
Grand Finals: Best 3 of 5 rounds

General Gameplay Rules

-3 Stocks
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items set to "Off" and "None"
-Meta Knight will remain legal
-All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Instances of stalling will be judged at a TOs (that means me) discretion.

Punishments will range from a warning to a stock loss to a set loss.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with a player initiating a suicide move, the player who initiate the move will receive the win for that game.

Set Procedure

-Player Ports is determined if it can not be agreed on.
-Each Player selects their character.
-The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Full Legal Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1-1-1... (Player 1 strikes a stage, followed by Player 2 striking a stage, and so on until one stage is left to play game one on).
-The first match is played.
-The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
-The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Full Legal Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.

Stage list:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Pokémon Stadium 2

Conduct Rules

BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
In the case of a match being paused, the offending party is at the mercy of his opponent, punishment for pausing is a stock loss for a first offense and a automatic game loss for a second offense. The opponent, may choose to make no action, and 'let it rock' and continue the match without penalizing the pauser.

Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.

-You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
Regarding textures and other game hacks:
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

-The URC recommends players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
Disrupting your opponent physically will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment

SSBM Melee

Stock: 4
Time: 8 mins
Items: None/Off
Team Attack: On
Pause: Off

Dreamland - Past Stages
Final Destination - Special Stages

Teams may agree to start on any specific stage, or to opt for 'Random' (allowing the game to select among BF, DL, and FD).

2) The Team that lost the previous Round announces a 'Counter Pick' Stage. This stage is selected from the Counter Pick Stage list.
3) The Team that won the previous Round then selects character/s.
4) The Team that lost the previous Round selects character/s and the Round is played out.

• Dreamland - Past Stages
• Fountain of Dreams - Dreamland
• Final Destination - Special Stages
• Kongo Jungle - Past Stages
• Pokemon Stadium - Kanto
• Yoshi's Story - Yoshi's Island

• All participants are expected to understand and adhere to these rules.

• Bring Your Own Controller.

• In case of technical problems a Referee will make all decisions regarding the game.

Equal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiEqual
3DS FC
2036-7236-5480
I'll see if I can make it to this, would be cool.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
This would be great to attend, if there weren't already a national tournament happening this very day, happening a two hours' drive south!

MzHyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
MzHyde
3DS FC
4441-9515-6552
Had a blast! I placed fourth in Melee Doubles with BlindSpot!, who placed third in Melee Singles! :D

Figy

Smash Rookie
Awesome tournament, i was finally able to go to one close enough... and i did pretty good for my first tournament placing top 5 in everything :)

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
Results of the tournament guys

Brawl singles
1: TSST|K.I.D.Goggles ($168.00)
2: Omega Tyrant ($84.00)
3: No Skills ($28.00)
4: CJT
5: Figy
5: Mr T Bag
7: Metal Pat
7: Phantom
9: KA
9: SonicNinja
9: G
13: Nito
13: Dave
13: Captain Planet
13: MattJazz47
17: Joey
17: Tango
17: Tula
17: Shane
17: Toys
17: Gigglez
25: Greed
25: Szoku
25: Zap
25: Cuz
25: Kacey
25: Flagax
25: Hannah

Brawl doubles
1: Yal dont know **** about stages (KID and OT) ($192.00)
2: T Bag of Skills ($96.00)
3: Lv. 9 Luigi ($32.00)
4: Team Scrubs (2 random bums)
5: Ketchup
5: OBA-ENDO
7: Hannah
7: N.F.S.
9: Spoilers
9: Team Two
9: Co-Op Bros
9: Kirby Bros
13: Light & Dark
13: Mustard
13: PowerUps
13: Holla Holla

Melee Singles
1: TSST|K.I.D.Goggles ($90.00)
2: GoodleShoes ($45.00)
3: Blindspot ($15.00)
4: Figy
5: Equal
5: Ben P
7: Prodigy
7: Szoku
9: Joey
9: Dave
9: Captain Planet
9: Rift
13: HolyMuffin
13: Tula
13: Flagax

Melee Doubles
1: KIDT CPU ($108.00)
2: Masters of Death ($54.00)
3: Daft Punks ($18.00)
4: The Great Devine
5: Light & Dark
5: Co-Op Bros
7: Firewing
7: Team Two
9: Bot Lane

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to make it to the next one you guys host. I just didn't see this soon enough (probably because it wasn't tagged with Atlantic North) to request off from work.

Top Bottom