• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Wii U - Feature Requests

Show your support! Vote how you feel:

• I really want to see Smash NX use these goals!

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • I don't like it, and I'll explain why...

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I'm really hoping to see a Smash game implement these goals!

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fundingles

Smash Rookie
This all would be awesome... but I think its a little much for them to do when they are most likely just porting the game.

I just want three things!!!!

#1 king k rool!
#2 fix the untechable spin glitch
#3 buff the puff

As for all the alpha stage business.. yea how about no... We don't need three versions of every stage.
If you don't like 85% of the stages then the feedback should be "sakurai please make less jank stages"'
I'm not even a fan of the omega stages tbh. There are a few stages that are way better with there jank(Duck Hunt).
I get the desire for alpha stages.. but come on guys. That type of feedback is better aimed at Smash 5.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
If this game ("Super Smash Bros. Swift" is what I'd call it) is going to be released, I expect 2 big things to be in it:

- An option to turn Star KOs/Screen KOs on or off at the menu to be added. In order words, ABSOLUTELY NO RANDOMNESS on those KOs at the top of the screen!
UPDATE: Idea changed. Look at the comment 2 posts below.
- Better crowd chanting quality, as well as the crowd chanting for that character at 100% damage 8 times like in the previous "Smash" games ("Smash 64", "Melee", and "Brawl")!
UPDATE: Not happening.

Another feature I'd actually like to see added in this game is the option to turn stage hazards on or off at the menu.

Also, if it's possible, adding certain voice clips for certain characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man would be nice too. Like when Mega Man dies in "Mega Man 8", that voice clip can be used when he gets Star KO'd. And the sound Pac-Man makes when he dies, that can also be used when he gets Star KO'd.
UPDATE: Not happening.

As far as adding at least one character in this game, bringing back Pichu would be nice. Pichu hasn't been seen in any "Smash" game since "Melee".

As for the other features, options, and problems, I hope the people get what they want. Honestly, I want people to be happy!

----------

As for why I'd call this game "Super Smash Bros. Swift", if you've played a game called "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi", you'd know that there's a quote on Story mode saying 'Secure victory with swift attacks!'. That's where I got the word 'Swift' from.

Last edited:

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
- An option to turn Star KOs/Screen KOs on or off at the menu
- Better crowd chanting quality
- adding certain voice clips for certain characters like Mega Man and Pac-Man
The Star KO / Screen KO toggle could be interesting.

A "toggle stage hazards" switch does not work. This seems to be a common misunderstanding.

Last edited:

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I, for one, think that the clone characters (:4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario:) should become palette swaps like :4alph:. In addition to that, I think adding 5 more Smash Ballot selections would not be unhealthy. Your goals are good for whatever the next Smash may end up becoming.

And, of course, your balance philosophy is not bad, but why not take the opportunity to balance a little more? With a pretty well-defined and separate Top 10 along with several characters that are not successful (most notably Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Dedede, and Zelda... and Miis), there can be more changes than simply nerfing Cloud.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the response, but these concerns are not big enough and have way too small of an impact to be brought up to the Dev staff.

I've limited the feedback to the 10 goals that are agreed upon by the mass majority of Smashers and offer the largest enhancements to the game.
What a shame. A certain challenge (an odd one) I did in "Smash 64" involved a Star KO at the end of the match, which was actually part of my goal. I brought this up because there are people that do not like Star KOs/Screen KOs and are actually very annoyed by them occurring off-stage, and there are others (like me) that actually like those KOs on-stage. There are even certain others that may have wanted to do certain challenges that involve Star KOs/Screen KOs only, no matter how odd or stupid they are. I've thought of certain others too.

You see, there are Jigglypuff players that heavily rely on Rest to score KOs on-stage (sometimes off-stage, but that's only if one wants an upward Blast KO to occur). But because Star KOs/Screen KOs are often very rare and random, Jigglypuff can either get severely punished or revenge KO'd on-stage. And that's why Jigglypuff is at the very bottom of the tier list. Jigglypuff is the biggest example of them on-stage (and off-stage). Same with Ness players using PK Thunder 2 off-stage and expecting an upward Blast KO to occur, but a Star KO/Screen KO occurs instead, resulting in an unfair loss. Ness is also one of the big examples of this. And it's not just Jigglypuff and Ness, it's other characters too. Though it may not seem like much of a problem, it's actually happened to those players many times. Randomness on those KOs as well as tripping from "Brawl" is bad for the metagame. Really unfortunate.

If that's not big enough to be brought up to the Dev staff, then maybe this link will prove it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632937-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds/70245902

One person has actually tried to get Star KOs/Screen KOs. Out of 110 attempts (that being upward Blast KOs), only 4 Star KOs and 2 Screen KOs occurred. There's like 20% chance of Star KOs/Screen KOs occurring, and 80% chance of upward Blast KOs occurring. That's how bad it is. So bad that it heavily affects Jigglypuff's chances of winning. As I said before, Jigglypuff's Rest is heavily relied on to score KOs on-stage (sometimes off-stage). Again, that's why Jigglypuff is at the very bottom of the tier list. Biggest problem if you ask me.

To solve this problem, Star KOs/Screen KOs should only occur for on-stage moves and upward Blast KOs should only occur for off-stage moves. This way, there would be no possible chance for Jigglypuff to get severely punished or revenge KO'd on-stage, and Jigglypuff would not lose in last stock situations, whether Rest scores a KO on-stage or off-stage. Same with Ness, with PK Thunder 2 scoring a KO off-stage. This would make the matches much more smoother, with no unfair wins or losses, as well as unfair punishes.

I hope I explained it good enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not too optimistic about a NEW Smash being made for the NX.

For starters, we don't even know what it is, nor how powerful it is. Rumors are all over the place, and most point to it being a handheld of sorts. Second, we also don't know the success of this device, but considering how poorly the 3DS performed in its first few years, and how the WiiU totally flopped, I'm also not holding my breath for the success of the device either (I'm actually not getting one)

As for Smash, imo, at best we'll get a remaster of sorts of Smash WiiU. However, I think you're being overly ambitious with these goals. There is NO WAY most of this, if ANY of it will make it into a remaster of Smash WiiU. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE proper online matchmaking among other things, but if Zelda Wind Waker HD, and Twilight Princess HD are any indicator, don't expect anything radical being added. Wind Waker, and ESPECIALLY Twilight Princess could have benefited from some proper balance changes and dungeon additions, etc... Yet WWHD more or less remained the same with the addition of a sail and a few other rather insignificant features, and TPHD simply added a master quest mode and some end game dungeon as well as Amiibo features. Nintendo is the KING of missed opportunities, don't hold your breath.

A Smash WiiU remaster for NX will probably see all the DLC bundled, all the 3DS content ported over, and the cut veterans from Brawl minus Snake, added back in. Why? Because that's what sells most in Smash these days sadly. It's not proper gameplay and design anymore, it's the characters and content.

I think you're better off proposing realistic goals for the modding community to seek to accomplish with Smash WiiU. Because I doubt Nintendo will listen (said the jaded Metroid fan for the 10th year in a row...)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I definitely have to agree with the option of deleting all replay videos. I mentioned this a few days back to my brother when he was checking the replays. No one wants to have to delete one at a time. But be sure that if there is such an option, one could be asked, "Are you sure you want to delete all replays?" Otherwise, that'd be unfortunate to lose all replays when you only intended to delete one.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I, for one, think that the clone characters (:4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario:) should become palette swaps like :4alph:.
This isn't gonna happen. We didn't lose any characters because of the clones, and the clones are here just as a bonus and as a different alternative to an already existing character.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Why can't we just enjoy Smash 4 for the next 5 years until the next game comes out? Jeez guys...

(♯`∧´)

Hi Manly

Last edited:

Skwrl

Smash Cadet
Why can't we just enjoy Smash 4 for the next 5 years until the next game comes out? Jeez guys...

(♯`∧´)

Hi Manly
That is what I'm thinking right now. I'm not willing to go out and get a new console for a game that I already have (assuming Smash NX is just a port).

TriTails

Smash Lord
I, for one, think that the clone characters (:4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario:) should become palette swaps like :4alph:.
Except Doc is a completely different character to what Mario is. Play him and you'll understand what I mean. I definitely do not agree on him being a palette swap. If anything, he proves that clone characters are capable be unique with just a few tweaks (Seriously. All they did was to add a multiplier, a few different moves, KB changes and what not to an already existing character. Slap in different textures and there ya go).

I don't even care clones or not clones anymore. Those characters are bonuses that require lesser amount of effort put in to be added. And frankly? It's awesome we got a sharpener along with a pack of colored pencils rather than none at all. It's not like they're cluttering the CS screen either; the more, the merrier.

tiberus8

Smash Cadet
What a shame. A certain challenge (a weird one) I did in "Smash 64" involved a Star KO at the end of the match, which was actually part of my goal. I brought this up because there are people that do not like Star KOs/Screen KOs and are actually very annoyed by them occurring off-stage, and there are others (like me) that actually like those KOs on-stage. There are even certain others that may have wanted to do certain challenges that involve Star KOs/Screen KOs only, no matter how weird or stupid they are. I've thought of certain others too.

You see, there are Jigglypuff players that heavily rely on Rest to score KOs on-stage (sometimes off-stage, but that's only if one wants an upward Blast KO to occur). But because Star KOs/Screen KOs are often very rare and random, Jigglypuff can either get severely punished or revenge KO'd on-stage. And that's why Jigglypuff is at the very bottom of the tier list. Jigglypuff is the biggest example of them on-stage (and off-stage). Same with Ness players using PK Thunder 2 off-stage and expecting an upward Blast KO to occur, but a Star KO/Screen KO occurs instead, resulting in an unfair loss. Ness is also one of the big examples of this. And it's not just Jigglypuff and Ness, it's other characters too. Though it may not seem like much of a problem, it's actually happened to those players many times. Randomness on those KOs as well as tripping from "Brawl" is bad for the metagame. Really unfortunate.

I did mention an idea on other threads as well as my own thread about this type of problem. My idea would be for off-stage moves to force upward Blast KOs, and on-stage moves (ground/air) to force Star KOs/Screen KOs. That way, all randomness on those KOs would be removed completely, and matches would go much more smoother. However, I'm beginning to think that's not possible because of the engine the game runs on, which is why I suggested an option to turn Star KOs/Screen KOs on or off at the menu to be added in the first place. :(

If that doesn't work, then I at least expect the Star KOs/Screen KOs to occur completely frequent, absolutely no randomness. They're the best part about playing "Smash" games. Personally, I've always liked those KOs, mostly Star KOs. I've been getting those KOs since "Smash 64". Without those KOs, playing "Smash" won't ever be the same again. I wanted everyone to be happy about this type of problem once and for all, but I guess true happiness won't be there. :(

If that's not big enough to be brought up to the Dev staff, then maybe this link will prove it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632937-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds/70245902

One person has actually tried to get Star KOs/Screen KOs. Out of 110 attempts (that being upward Blast KOs), only 4 Star KOs and 2 Screen KOs occurred. There's like 20% chance of Star KOs/Screen KOs occurring, and 80% chance of upward Blast KOs occurring. That's how bad it is. So bad that it heavily affects Jigglypuff's chances of winning. As I said before, Jigglypuff's Rest is heavily relied on to score KOs on-stage (sometimes off-stage). Again, that's why Jigglypuff is at the very bottom of the tier list. Biggest problem if you ask me.

I hope I explained it good enough.
i agree with you on that one. i just hope the others will understand. i already quit playing the wii u/3ds one because of that. i wanted to do a challenge that involves only star/screen kos with jigglypuff using rest. lousy programmers took that away by making them random and rare.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
i agree with you on that one. i just hope the others will understand. i already quit playing the wii u/3ds one because of that. i wanted to do a challenge that involves only star/screen kos with jigglypuff using rest. lousy programmers took that away by making them random and rare.
Oh... So you WERE serious about quitting "Smash 4". See? This is why I'm thinking of certain others too.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Except Doc is a completely different character to what Mario is. Play him and you'll understand what I mean. I definitely do not agree on him being a palette swap. If anything, he proves that clone characters are capable be unique with just a few tweaks (Seriously. All they did was to add a multiplier, a few different moves, KB changes and what not to an already existing character. Slap in different textures and there ya go).

I don't even care clones or not clones anymore. Those characters are bonuses that require lesser amount of effort put in to be added. And frankly? It's awesome we got a sharpener along with a pack of colored pencils rather than none at all. It's not like they're cluttering the CS screen either; the more, the merrier.
Speaking of clones, Dixie Kong would make a good addition. However, I doubt that's going to happen.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
What is the actual benefit of this?
People stop complaining about "too many Fire Emblem characters"
No more having a character that is LITERALLY THE SAME as another, and gets almost less tournament usage than 1111 Mii Fighters.
I get that Dr. Mario is the Melee moveset, but we already have a Luigi that has a lot of those attacks... not too necessary. I like the guy, but do we really need a "classic Mario"?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
No more having a character that is LITERALLY THE SAME as another, and gets almost less tournament usage than 1111 Mii Fighters.
I get that Dr. Mario is the Melee moveset, but we already have a Luigi that has a lot of those attacks... not too necessary. I like the guy, but do we really need a "classic Mario"?
Yes, but they're already implemented! In this context, keeping them in requires no effort!

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
We are not really losing anything with them, though. They give a slightly different spin on well estabilished characters that might click better to some people. They also add a bigger variety of representatives to their séries. There is also the fact Lucina, for example, wouldn't make sense as a Marth alt, anyway.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The clones are not "exactly the same". They play overall differently with different attributes. That's the exact reason they aren't costumes like Alph and the Koopalings are.

I'm not saying that all 3 clones were justified(Dr. Mario was the most, being a previous character and popular for having his own moveset, especially not having FLUDD), but moving them to costumes is silly. You can no longer get away with it with Dr. Mario without completely reworking Mario and making sure all of Dr. Mario's moves are reskinned to be accurate, along with proper sounds, and that's including the factor of playing the same otherwise. Dark Pit's only real thing is that he won't use the Sacred Treasures(or possibly can't? I don't know Uprising well enough, but I do know why he isn't a costume), so he being turned into a set of costumes isn't as bad as long as his characterization is there. Lucina is the same as Dark Pit, having little differences.

Only one is a veteran and very popular for being unique. The other two weren't. That said, they do add more to the roster overall, even if not as much as more unique characters would. I mean, I wanted Medusa and Toad in myself. But vets sell, and to say the least, the lack of Wolf has gotten many up in arms.

As for FE characters, they don't have as many strong options for other representation. The stages could maybe add one or two more, but they don't feel as unique like other series have. Items don't work well for them since their weapon is effectively their moveset. Music and Assist Trophies are the only decent way to show them off(ignoring regular Trophies and Stickers, of course). They are most known for having interesting characters, and their other contributions are harder to give out, so having a lot of characters is reasonable. Even if one is a clone and one is updated from a clone to a semi-clone. Only issue at best is showing off weapons besides swords. But that's not Sakurai's fault so much as the main characters are sword-wielders as their key weapon.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Smash NX is planned for release in 2017.

The next game is coming out in 2017.
You know, I also personally believe the next game is going to be in 2017 as well, but we really shouldn't say it in such a matter of fact tone, since unless you're a Nintendo Developer we have no way of really knowing.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I actually included some character balancing suggestions in a previous draft of these goals. The reason you don't see it in this final version is because it turned into a total crapshoot. All other goals were ignored and it was like I had only ever said something about characters. This lead to the thread just being a long stream of arguments back and forth because players can not agree on what should be done. Nobody needs that. It prevented other goals from even being recognized (see most of the comments on this thread).

Thus, I'm sticking with ideas that are held by most smash 4 players and are for the most part, optional. If we can get the game so that that last thing it needs is a balanced roster, we'll be in good shape.

Smash NX is planned for release in 2017. I'm suggesting these goals so that modders don't have to make the game more polished than what Nintendo can deliver. I know Nintendo has a mixed history when it comes to listening to fan feedback, but your response indicates you have lost all hope in them listening, and won't even try.

The next game is coming out in 2017. We want to polish out the flaws the existing one has, so that Smash NX can hold us over for the next X years. Actually, Sakurai said he may retire from the series, so we really want to make sure its good.
Sources? And I'm not talking about a leak or a rumor. Do you have hard facts that, 100% without a shadow of a doubt, that we will get a Smash NX in 2017?

People have been trying to get Nintendo to listen to what they want changed since SSB64. People have made videos, presentations, and even fan games to demonstrate how they think Smash to be. Read the hundreds of character requests and "pen-and-paper" fan Smash games on deviantart and fan wikis. There are also literally over a hundred topics on the site pertaining to future Smash and how the author wants Smash to look like. People have written letters to Nintendo and Sakurai from all over the world; in Japanese, in English, and in many other languages. Most likely the powers that be in the gaming community that have a hand in change probably also weighed in how they want Smash to be.

I understand that you want to write your thoughts on how a future Smash should be and that's totally fine - we all feel the same way about our ideas.

But when you consider everything the history of Smash and the fan community and how Smash 4 was probably he beat result of Sakurai listening to fan input; then maybe you can understand why some of the "old guard" are a bit pessimistic towards Sakurai making a Smash game geared "to the fans interests" (which can be argued by some that he achieved that in Smash 4).

Edit #100: and I do agree with many of your major points listed in the first post so it's nothing against that. Unless you can get a suitable following to endorse and support this idea on a community-wide scale, I see it nothing more than one of the many fan lists on how to improve the game.

Had a feeling this was going to be last one in the series.
Smash can continue without Sakurai. However, should it is the real question.

Nintendo can produce Smash after Smash as long as Nintendo makes games. And people will continue playing Smash after Smash...granted they will lose their core audience that will see Smash 4 like how many see Melee but the series can continue even with a bloated roster, dilluted gameplay, and repetitive features.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think people fail to realize how hard "alpha" stages would be to implement. For many of the stages, this would completely change the nature of the stage.

D

Deleted member

(♯`∧´)

Hi Manly
Yo!

Smash NX is planned for release in 2017. I'm suggesting these goals so that modders don't have to make the game more polished than what Nintendo can deliver. I know Nintendo has a mixed history when it comes to listening to fan feedback, but your response indicates you have lost all hope in them listening, and won't even try.
Well, after getting burned by them these last two gens as bad as I have, I pretty much have. I'm pretty ****ing pissed that they gave up on the WiiU like they did. I've been a Nintendo fan since 1993. I enjoyed my memories with their consoles, but the Nintendo I knew and loved as a kid died the moment Iwata became president. I no longer care what they do tbh.

After literally DECADES of trying to get them to listen, it's hard to keep up hope init? Eventually you just gotta learn and move onto something else. WiiU was their promise to listen to fans, and give us what we wanted. Instead we got a casual as **** Smash Bros, tons of amiibos, Federation Force, Paper Mario getting gutted, and fan projects getting shut down. I don't quite equate that to what Reggie had promised us 4 E3s ago.

Eventually you gotta cash in your chips and take your losses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jomo In West MI

Smash Rookie
I'm not one to write entire essays on these boards so I'll keep it short.
I see Smash NX to release in 2020 due to how "young" Smash 4 still is. Brawl was released in late 2008 then Smash 4 was released 6 years later. I feel as though it's way too early to release a new Smash especially when the community is still growing. I also feel the NX rumor maybe a publicity stunt by Nintendo or whoever leaked the NX

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of an idea. Okay, some people are complaining about the Rage mechanic. Personally, I don't really have a problem with it. But the way I see it, the Rage mechanic should only happen when the character is at 100% damage up to 150% damage, like when the crowd cheers that character at 100% damage or higher, or when the hoop damage stops at 150% damage. It doesn't have to be removed. So, wouldn't that make sense?

UPDATE: The Rage mechanic cannot be changed. The amount of re-learning it would take would probably make most players quit. Sorry to say, but it is going to stay the way it is.

Last edited:

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
This is a minor issue, but the victory fanfare theme when Cloud wins is the longest one out of the other victory themes. I'm thinking it should be cut down to just the fanfare (about 4 seconds long only), then maybe end it abruptly? Probably too small to even bother with, but it's just a minor suggestion.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You wanna create a timeless legend? Add characters that have impacted Nintendo overall instead of the ones who just impacted them in the last fifteen minutes.

That said, nice OP, even if some of that stuff will never happen. Refreshing to see someone focus on features other than the characters. Something I clearly don't do. ^_^;

(♯`∧´)

Hi Manly

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

(♯`∧´)

Hi Manly
I'm starting to wonder if a NEW Smash is that far off, really. Don't Smash games usually take only 2 - 2 1/2 years to actually develop? Nintendo just always prematurely announces them. Even before they go into development. Sakurai starting his new project on the eve of the NX is a flag. And DLC for Smash 4 ended early this year. Meaning a 2018 release wouldn't be TOO far-fetched. I think the game might still be using the same graphics and physics as Wii U but I think they will still treat NX Smash as it's own separate game. Did anyone else notice that there are more "Classic" Stages in Wii U than there are original ones? Something something Brawl 2.0.

I'm off the ideology that the clones should stay. Dr. Mario specifically but not limited. The Clones should stay characters but should be ironed out through the next game like Luigi from 64 to Melee, or Ganondorf from Melee to Brawl, or even Roy from Melee to 4. They're all original enough to be their own thing without taking up a ton of development time. Just please fit the love of God make Dark Pit use Brawl Pit's movement or his staff. He is sorta useless as he is right now.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You wanna create a timeless legend? Add characters that have impacted Nintendo overall instead of the ones who just impacted them in the last fifteen minutes.

That said, nice OP, even if some of that stuff will never happen. Refreshing to see someone focus on features other than the characters. Something I clearly don't do. ^_^;

It apparently did for Roller Coaster Tycoon. They've been trying to reboot that franchise for years. Unsuccessfully might I add.

I'm starting to wonder if a NEW Smash is that far off, really. Don't Smash games usually take only 2 - 2 1/2 years to actually develop? Nintendo just always prematurely announces them. Even before they go into development. Sakurai starting his new project on the eve of the NX is a flag. And DLC for Smash 4 ended early this year. Meaning a 2018 release wouldn't be TOO far-fetched. I think the game might still be using the same graphics and physics as Wii U but I think they will still treat NX Smash as it's own separate game. Did anyone else notice that there are more "Classic" Stages in Wii U than there are original ones? Something something Brawl 2.0.

I'm off the ideology that the clones should stay. Dr. Mario specifically but not limited. The Clones should stay characters but should be ironed out through the next game like Luigi from 64 to Melee, or Ganondorf from Melee to Brawl, or even Roy from Melee to 4. They're all original enough to be their own thing without taking up a ton of development time. Just please fit the love of God make Dark Pit use Brawl Pit's movement or his staff. He is sorta useless as he is right now.
Its about 5 year if you count the time that Smash 4 came out to when Smash 5 could theoretically be released based on the time between Melee and Brawl and Brawl and Smash 4. It's about six years or so.

But because Smash 4's development life was extended thanks to DLC, will this time in between games be applied rather to after the Bayonetta and Corrin releases so 5-6 years after February 2016?

I think arguments could be made for both sides.

I think that trying to pinpoint the amount of time between now and he next Smash is really a crap shoot because there are so many variables to consider.

Last edited:

Jomo In West MI

Smash Rookie
OP what about if Nintendo does decide to have customs again having them all unlocked. This may help the newer people who may be interested in playing customs in tournament. It would also help the boring grind in Classic that I despise.

VGFan95

Elemental Summoner
OP what about if Nintendo does decide to have customs again having them all unlocked. This may help the newer people who may be interested in playing customs in tournament. It would also help the boring grind in Classic that I despise.
I think custom moves are too much to manage, and I personally wouldn't recommend them.
50 characters with 12 Customs each = 600 moves to manage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom