• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Rebellion: A Smash Fangame

Umbrus

Smash Rookie
Calling all Smashers! I am working on a Super Smash Bros. fangame titled Super Smash Bros. Rebellion I am currently working on the first version including 6 characters which can be seen here. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/465303453598744590/483657439577899008/unknown.png If you'd like to assist with development in any way, shape, or form, or want to stay updated, go ahead and join the VenomousHydra Discord. https://discord.gg/z6SkmJ9

There will be your typical Smash Bros. mechanics, it'll try to fuse the elements of all five Smash games and even traditional fighters. Every fighter will be equally balanced, at least I hope. I want to maintain a fun balanced game with powerful characters. The artstyle needs some fleshing out and will take a few versions, but I plan to make sprites that have a small amount of detail, but enough to make it look good. I might try to go with 90's Capcom Fighters like SF Alpha. The game will be made in GameMaker Studio. I will give out some roles in development while we are here, I don't have much experience but will try to make this game a reality. Spriter, Artist, Level Designer, Designer, Sound Designer, Graphic Designer, Coder, Voice Actor, and Music Composer.

Umbrus

Smash Rookie

Introducing Rebellion Citadel.

This is a location I won't go into much detail about, though every version will add something new. It might be in the background or the foreground. Who knows? We'll have to see to find out.

The following message is a mock-up. Game might be different.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
I'm all for fan games like this, always good to see aspiring developers working on projects!

Umbrus

Smash Rookie
I'm overwhelmed in praise. Thanks. It's amazing how I am getting positive feedback over something I am not even in the Alpha stages yet. I'm in the, what I call, Omega stages.

Umbrus

Smash Rookie
Sorry for staying silent. Development is going smoothly though.

AirMac1

Smash Journeyman
Please make an iOS version. Just add it to a site that let’s you get apps that aren’t in the AppStore.

Top Bottom