• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. R... (A Melee-based fangame).

MusashiX 96

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. Today I come to show you another idea that came to me, this time about a mod for Super Smash Bros. Melee that seeks to add more content. The first thing is to show you a couple of potential titles.
Option 1:

Option 2:

Now an explanation of what could be added. At the moment I only have planned to add almost all the discarded ideas for Melee, as well as new things based on those discarded ideas.

NEW CHARACTERS:
-Takamaru.
-Mach Rider.
-Ayumi Tachibana.
-Balloon Fighter.
-Urban Champion.
-Excitebiker.
-Bubbles.
-Banjo & Kazooie.
-Wario.
-Lucas.
-Solid Snake.
-Sonic.

Due to his origin, James Bond is the only considered character who will not appear. As for the new fighters, some would use models from their own GameCube games, others would have models edited to fit the aesthetic, and some characters will need models created from scratch.

NEW STAGES:
Three of them would be the ones we know were planned.
-Sprout Tower (Pokémon Gold & Silver).
-Summit (Ice Climber).
-Kingdom of Archanea (Fire Emblem).

The other new scenarios would be ideas based on the characters considered or planned.
-Murasame Castle (Nazo no Murasame-jō).
-Apocalyptic Highway (Mach Rider).
-Ushimitsu High School (Famicom Detective Club Part II: The Girl Who Stands Behind).
-Balloon Fight.
-Main Street (Urban Champion).
-Excitebike Arena.
-Clu Clu Land.
-Spiral Mountain (Banjo-Kazooie). This would have a different structure than Ultimate's.
-Wario's Castle (Wario Land).
-An "EarthBound 64" stage.
-Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid).
-Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog). This would have a different structure than Brawl's.

OTHER IDEAS:
Some ideas were actually planned, and some other are new. Also, would be added if it's possible.
-Sukapon as an item.
-Add Final Smash.
-More trophies.
-More music (Meleefied themes).
-Fixing bugs and glitches.

You can comment if you are interested in the idea and/or know how to make mods for Melee.

Last edited:

MusashiX 96

Smash Rookie
Next I am going to show you some ideas for the models that will be used for the new fighters, as well as the work that would be needed to make them functional and suitable for this project.

Takamaru: Maybe his model from SSB4 can be modified.

Mach Rider: A modified version of the model used in his trophy. In addition to giving him better textures, he should be separated from his bike, as well as creating some weapons that he could use in his moveset.

Ayumi Tachibana: A modified version of the model used in her trophy. In addition to giving her better textures, it would also be necessary to empty the padding on the seifuku's skirt and a bit of the shirt, and make Ayumi's hips and a bit of her waist in order to make her model functional. Also, remember that is her Super Famicom version, not her Switch one.

Balloon Fighter: A modified version of the model used in his trophy. Better textures.

Urban Champion: He will need a model created from scratch. The fanart is just one way to conceptualize him.

Excitebiker: A modified version of the model used in his trophy. Better textures.

Bubbles: A modified version of the model used in her trophy. Better textures.

Banjo & Kazooie: They will need some Melee-style models that are reminiscent of the renders used for their games.

Wario: A modified version of the model used in his trophy, giving him better textures. Before you ask, I know that Wario World exists, but remember that many of the designs used in Melee comes from the Nintendo 64 era.

Lucas: He will need a model created from scratch. Remember that we are talking about what EarthBound 64 could have been.

Solid Snake: His model from Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes would fit.

Sonic: His model from Sonic Heroes would fit.

Any help offered is welcome.

Last edited:

MusashiX 96

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. I am beginning the recruitment to make a mod project for Super Smash Bros. Melee a reality whose main focus will be to add almost everything I could have, although it is not ruled out that in the future I may have more.

We need:
-Programmers.
-People who know how to create and/or extract models.
-People who know how to create textures.
-Composers.
-Animators of three-dimensional models.

All interested, you can comment here or talk to me in private. A Discord channel will open soon for this project.

Last edited:

MusashiX 96

Smash Rookie
A slight change of plans: There will no longer be 12 characters in Phase 1, but 13 since I realized that there was another character considered. Here are a couple of clues:
1) He's not James Bond.
2) The inclusion of this character will make one of the existing ones have to change one of his/her Special attack.

DGYT

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
DGYT#667
those are some really cool banners and ideassss ngl

Ooferman 64

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
MEME#105
Sounds cool. I'm currently trying to mod my own character into Melee. Using Akaneia's M-ex tool, Feraligatr joins Melee as the only non-monkey tier gen 2 Pokemon rep! I'm currently building off of Bowser, with lots of changes needing to be made to his moveset. I would definitely appreciate some help with programming the special moves, animations, and pointers to make him at least playable, as I am very much new to melee modding.

Also, totally unrelated, but I want to compile a bunch of custom characters and stages into one mod, once again, building off of the Akaneia build using M-ex.

If anyone is able to help with making either dreams a reality, that would be very helpful.

Last edited:

MusashiX 96

Smash Rookie
First of all, no, I'm not dead, and neither is this project. This is still alive... Kinda.

As you can see with the new title, this will no longer be a mod for Super Smash Bros. Melee, but now it will be a fangame made from scratch, but always keeping the GameCube title in mind. Now is a kind of mix between a demake (Using sprites instead of models) and a Director's Cut (Adding many of the discarted ideas, and more).

What we need most now are programmers, as well as recommendations for which engine to use. All those who are interested, send me a private message (In English or Spanish, as you feel more comfortable) to give you the invitation to the Discord channel of the project. There you will see the document explaining the whole move.

I am sorry for the huge change of the concept, but it is the best to make it a reality.

MusashiX 96

Smash Rookie
In light of an offer made to me, Super Smash Bros. R... will be frozen until further notice. This is because said offer seeks to gain experience with which this project can progress better. Until then, the activity here will be suspended.

But remember: Suspended doesn't mean cancelled. The project would continue, but is frozen for now.

slopegang

Smash Rookie
In light of an offer made to me, Super Smash Bros. R... will be frozen until further notice. This is because said offer seeks to gain experience with which this project can progress better. Until then, the activity here will be suspended.

But remember: Suspended doesn't mean cancelled. The project would continue, but is frozen for now.
I see the project is suspended, but I get the discord link anyways? Thanks bro

Top Bottom