• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Project UL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Yanni-WiiU
Switch FC
SW 0662 2711 4844

Hello everyone, Yanster here.
Me and a couple other people are planning to enter development of the next Super Smash Bros Fan Game known as Project UL.

Right now we are still in the planning stages.
However, we are looking for talented people who can make this game possible.

If you are interested in joining, here is the Application.

We are looking for:
  • Programmers (for developing Project UL)
  • Sprite Artists (for making the Sprites for all of the Characters)
  • 3D Modelers (for making the Stages)
  • & Music Artists (for making an original song for Project UL with Menu, Battlefield, & Final Destination Versions)
  • Other is also an option as long as you explain it.
Our Goals:
  • Start Development by the end of 2019
  • Take all the time we need to make it the best it can be
Gameplay:
  • 2.5D Platformer Fighter
  • 2D Sprite Characters in 3D Stages
  • Made with GameMaker Studio 2
  • Inspired from Sonic Gather Battle
  • Fast-paced, epic, and extreme mechanics inspired from Melee and Project M
  • New Ultimate Mechanics with faster Parry
Characters
  • All Characters from Super Smash Bros Ultimate + Past versions of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
  • All Characters who will appear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC).
  • Over 70 Newcomers.
Stages
  • Around 50 New Stages for Project UL (Lots of which are for Newcomers)
  • Every Stage from Super Smash Bros Ultimate + Stages from previous entries that are absent.
  • A number of Stages from Super Smash Flash 2 & Super Smash Bros Crusade + Some from Super Smash Land
Items
  • All Past Items + New ones
5 Newcomers coming to Project UL
  • Kunio & Riki (As Kunio's Echo Fighter) - River City series
  • Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden series
  • Porky Minch - EarthBound/Mother series
  • Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight series
  • Kyo Kusanagi - The King of Fighters series
Advanced Techniques:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo&t=84s
(This video is based from Super Smash Bros. Melee for advanced techniques suggested by Wak017, but it’s useful to have these techniques in Project UL)
  • Short Hop
  • Fast Fall
  • L-Cancel
  • SHFFL (Combination)
  • Wavedashing
  • Wavelanding
  • Shield Grabbing
  • Up Smash / Up-B out of shield
  • Waveshielding
  • Teching - Standing, rolling, ground, wall, wall jump, edge tech
  • Edge Hogging
  • Edge Hopping
  • Edge Wavedashing
  • Dash dancing
  • Dash canceling
  • Moonwalk (Even though it’s not shown in the video (https://www.ssbwiki.com/moonwalk))
  • Pivot
  • Jump Canceling: Grab and up smash
  • Chain throwing
  • Directional Influence (DI)
  • Crouch cancelling
  • Wall Jumping
  • Meteor cancelling
  • Reversing aerial neutral B
  • Powershield (Similar as parrying or perfect shielding)
If your ever interested in joining our community, join our Discord Server.
(Complete the developers application first, before you enter)
https://discord.gg/Wv6TZqy

Follow us on Social Media.
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
GameJolt

Project UL is an unofficial non-profit fangame that will be in development based on the Super Smash Bros. series by Super Smash Bros. fans. It does not support piracy or any illegal actions to harm Nintendo and other copyright holders involved in this fangame and their intellectual properties. We are not affiliated or associated with Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Konami Digital Entertainment, Square Enix, Ubisoft, WayForward, Yacht Club Games, Atlus, Rare, Microsoft, SNK, Toby Fox, Koei Tecmo, & Arc System Works in any way. All content of Super Smash Bros. are trademark properties and was legally copyrighted and belongs to Nintendo, HAL Laboratory Inc., Pokémon, Creatures Inc., GAME FREAK Inc., SHIGESATO ITOI, Ape Inc., INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS Inc., Konami Digital Entertainment CO., LTD., SEGA, CAPCOM., LTD., BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., MONOLITHSOFT, CAPCOM U.S.A. INC., SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD., Ubisoft Entertainment SA, WayForward Technologies INC., Yacht Club Games, LLC, ATLUS CO., LTD., Rare, LTD., Microsoft, SNK Corporation, Toby Fox, KOEI TECMO CO., LTD., ARC SYSTEM WORKS CO., LTD., Sora LTD., BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc., and BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

We’re also not affiliated or associated with McLeodGaming, PMBR, Dan Fornace, Askiisoft, Mega Man Maker Team, and P Crusade Team in anyway. All content of the Super Smash Bros. fangames, Project M, Tower of Heaven, and Mega Man Maker belongs to their respective owners.
Project L will be free to download. Please support Nintendo by buying a Nintendo Switch and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Last edited:

scottycj256

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1788 5030 7613
I have 2 things that I have a problem with in the techniques section, L-cancelling can be made automatic by simply lowering the landing lag and meteor cancelling is pointless. Other than that I'm willing to work with you for this project.

TheYanster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Yanni-WiiU
Switch FC
SW 0662 2711 4844
P
I have 2 things that I have a problem with in the techniques section, L-cancelling can be made automatic by simply lowering the landing lag and meteor cancelling is pointless. Other than that I'm willing to work with you for this project.[/
I have 2 things that I have a problem with in the techniques section, L-cancelling can be made automatic by simply lowering the landing lag and meteor cancelling is pointless. Other than that I'm willing to work with you for this project.
Alright perfect. If you were the one who entered as the creative director in the survey then your in. Twinmillario will send you the discord server link in the morning or afternoon and we talk more there. Thanks so much

scottycj256

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1788 5030 7613
Actually i dont have access to discord at the moment. If you have Twitter can we discuss via DM's in there
My twitter @ is @acringelord (also yes i know it sounds weird but its all i could come up with)

Last edited:

TWINMILLARIO

Smash Rookie
Actually i dont have access to discord at the moment. If you have Twitter can we discuss via DM's in there
My twitter @ is @acringelord (also yes i know it sounds weird but its all i could come up with)
Hello. This is TWINMILLARIO. Our Project UL Twitter account has been locked. We apologize for your inconvenience. It will be open soon.

Last edited:

txhy8

Smash Cadet

Hello everyone, Yanster here.
Me and a couple other people are planning to enter development of the next Super Smash Bros Fan Game known as Project UL.

Right now we are still in the planning stages.
However, we are looking for talented people who can make this game possible.

If you are interested in joining, here is the Application.

We are looking for:
  • Programmers (for developing Project UL)
  • Sprite Artists (for making the Sprites for all of the Characters)
  • 3D Modelers (for making the Stages)
  • & Music Artists (for making an original song for Project UL with Menu, Battlefield, & Final Destination Versions)
  • Other is also an option as long as you explain it.
Our Goals:
  • Start Development by the end of 2019
  • Take all the time we need to make it the best it can be
Gameplay:
  • 2.5D Platformer Fighter
  • 2D Sprite Characters in 3D Stages
  • Made with GameMaker Studio 2
  • Inspired from Sonic Gather Battle
  • Fast-paced, epic, and extreme mechanics inspired from Melee and Project M
  • New Ultimate Mechanics with faster Parry
Characters
  • All Characters from Super Smash Bros Ultimate + Past versions of Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.
  • All Characters who will appear in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as DLC).
  • Over 70 Newcomers.
Stages
  • Around 50 New Stages for Project UL (Lots of which are for Newcomers)
  • Every Stage from Super Smash Bros Ultimate + Stages from previous entries that are absent.
  • A number of Stages from Super Smash Flash 2 & Super Smash Bros Crusade + Some from Super Smash Land
Items
  • All Past Items + New ones
5 Newcomers coming to Project UL
  • Kunio & Riki (As Kunio's Echo Fighter) - River City series
  • Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden series
  • Porky Minch - EarthBound/Mother series
  • Shovel Knight - Shovel Knight series
  • Kyo Kusanagi - The King of Fighters series
Advanced Techniques:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vckV2MJgBzo&t=84s
(This video is based from Super Smash Bros. Melee for advanced techniques suggested by Wak017, but it’s useful to have these techniques in Project UL)
  • Short Hop
  • Fast Fall
  • L-Cancel
  • SHFFL (Combination)
  • Wavedashing
  • Wavelanding
  • Shield Grabbing
  • Up Smash / Up-B out of shield
  • Waveshielding
  • Teching - Standing, rolling, ground, wall, wall jump, edge tech
  • Edge Hogging
  • Edge Hopping
  • Edge Wavedashing
  • Dash dancing
  • Dash canceling
  • Moonwalk (Even though it’s not shown in the video (https://www.ssbwiki.com/moonwalk))
  • Pivot
  • Jump Canceling: Grab and up smash
  • Chain throwing
  • Directional Influence (DI)
  • Crouch cancelling
  • Wall Jumping
  • Meteor cancelling
  • Reversing aerial neutral B
  • Powershield (Similar as parrying or perfect shielding)
If your ever interested in joining our community, join our Discord Server.
(Complete the developers application first, before you enter)
https://discord.gg/Wv6TZqy

Follow us on Social Media.
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter
GameJolt

Project UL is an unofficial non-profit fangame that will be in development based on the Super Smash Bros. series by Super Smash Bros. fans. It does not support piracy or any illegal actions to harm Nintendo and other copyright holders involved in this fangame and their intellectual properties. We are not affiliated or associated with Nintendo, SEGA, Capcom, Bandai Namco, Konami Digital Entertainment, Square Enix, Ubisoft, WayForward, Yacht Club Games, Atlus, Rare, Microsoft, SNK, Toby Fox, Koei Tecmo, & Arc System Works in any way. All content of Super Smash Bros. are trademark properties and was legally copyrighted and belongs to Nintendo, HAL Laboratory Inc., Pokémon, Creatures Inc., GAME FREAK Inc., SHIGESATO ITOI, Ape Inc., INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS Inc., Konami Digital Entertainment CO., LTD., SEGA, CAPCOM., LTD., BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc., MONOLITHSOFT, CAPCOM U.S.A. INC., SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD., Ubisoft Entertainment SA, WayForward Technologies INC., Yacht Club Games, LLC, ATLUS CO., LTD., Rare, LTD., Microsoft, SNK Corporation, Toby Fox, KOEI TECMO CO., LTD., ARC SYSTEM WORKS CO., LTD., Sora LTD., BANDAI NAMCO Games Inc., and BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

We’re also not affiliated or associated with McLeodGaming, PMBR, Dan Fornace, Askiisoft, Mega Man Maker Team, and P Crusade Team in anyway. All content of the Super Smash Bros. fangames, Project M, Tower of Heaven, and Mega Man Maker belongs to their respective owners.
Project L will be free to download. Please support Nintendo by buying a Nintendo Switch and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
You know what that means Poke Floats 2 and Rainbow Road 3DS confirmed lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom