• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Odyssey

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Oh, Zeeke. Gamblan is bad, mmkay?

I suppose I'll finally getting around to rereading the archives and try to help out, though.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I've heard gambling is bad. Apparently, I'll never learn because I'm scrounging up all the loose change I'm finding on the floor and planning a trip to Atlantic City.

But enough about that. If you're rummaging through previous chapters for ideas, I say focus on the more "recent" ones. That's when I started getting more comparatively clever with my writing. At least I think so...

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Your posts will not die in vain, datsuke. When you post in this thread, it's actually a signature guaranteeing that you will stick around until the story's done. If you back down from that guarantee, terrible consequences await you. Welcome to the show, by the way.

Now, for a progress report: I'm working diligently on the new chapter as well as revisions. I am backed up because about a month ago, I ordered a new laptop to replace the doomed one. I expected it to come quicker than it actually did (I just got it last Tuesday). Long wait, but this laptop is freaking excellent. So I'm back on task and writing words for your enjoyment. Expect Christmas/Chanukkah/Kwanzaa/none of the above to come early.

Also, I just thought I should share this: I recently went over a not-so-first draft of this story (up to act 7). It is really bad. Like... really bad. It literally hurt to read. And I did actually post that madness on several boards (including here) before you got the version you're reading now. All I gotta say is what a difference time and effort makes... I almost feel like showing it off highlight how far this story's come. Of course, it wouldn't be here. If anyone's interested to see how horrible this story once was, drop me a line and I'll email you a copy.
Wow, how did you know? It's been 3 years or so since my last post. But I never forgot this site. I've kept this amazing fanfiction secured in the back of my head. Though I have to admit that I did forget my username, password and e-mail.

I had to google up this thread and search through dozens of pages to discover my username. I even went through some old documents to find my old e-mail address.

So here I am, 3 years later, laughing at the horrible, dreadful syntax and grammar of my old posts, afraid that in 3 years I may return to laugh again.

So what's up? Is the story done yet? Will it ever be? Have there been any "releases" recently? Do you even remember me? I last posted at page 30+ or something.

P.S: Oh, I also returned here to find some friend codes for Brawl. I assume people still play Brawl? I've had the game for years but only now has the "Melee spark" reawakened in me.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
It still isn't done; Zeeke went on another almost-two-year hiatus then popped up again to give us another chapter. Supposedly it's close, though, so check back in a couple of months.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I remember you, Oceanic. It is precisely because you had among the worst typing etiquette I'd ever seen. Glad you changed your game up.

But has it really been three years since you last posted here? And I'm still not done with this story yet? That's kinda terrible...and as the years go by, more elements of the outside world conspire to distract me from writing. For example: not only do I have an Android phone, it has Netflix. And if you listen closely, that screeching noise you hear in the distance is all productivity coming to a halt.

Fear not, though. When you (and I) least expect it, there will be an update. And it will be good.

Speaking of the "Melee spark", it's definitely been ignited within me. I've been fiending to play Smash since April, and just last night, I played my friend and cursed his soul when we double KO'd each other, but he only won because he flew straight up and I flew to the left. Complete BS... But anyway, I'll repost my friend code at some point in the near future. Whoever reads this particular part of my post should do the same.

:phone:

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I remember you, Oceanic. It is precisely because you had among the worst typing etiquette I'd ever seen. Glad you changed your game up.

But has it really been three years since you last posted here? And I'm still not done with this story yet? That's kinda terrible...and as the years go by, more elements of the outside world conspire to distract me from writing. For example: not only do I have an Android phone, it has Netflix. And if you listen closely, that screeching noise you hear in the distance is all productivity coming to a halt.

Fear not, though. When you (and I) least expect it, there will be an update. And it will be good.

Speaking of the "Melee spark", it's definitely been ignited within me. I've been fiending to play Smash since April, and just last night, I played my friend and cursed his soul when we double KO'd each other, but he only won because he flew straight up and I flew to the left. Complete BS... But anyway, I'll repost my friend code at some point in the near future. Whoever reads this particular part of my post should do the same.

Maybe I should find my old posts and edit them. All... 142 of them... Or not.

A while back, I was playing a couple of those text-based games on facebook and required friends to join my clan. To do that, I used a thread where you post your e-mail and people send you friend requests. At first it was great - I made enough friends for the game in a week. But before I knew it, I had tens of thousands of requests. I can't even use that account now because there's a lot of lagg. Now that I think about it, I was pretty stupid and ignorant - Publicly announcing my e-mail and asking foreigners to become my friends just for a boring game.

The reason I brought this up is to point out that I'd rather avoid posting my FC in the forums and repeating the same mistake. I know this is a much smaller, more mature and private community than the one in facebook but still, I'd rather not add someone I haven't even talked to as a friend. So Zeeke, if you don't mind, I'll PM you with my FC. Anyone else that wants to add me please PM me with your FC as well.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Heh, I remember those types of games (though I used MySpace at the time). I remember there were sites with long lists of people to add who played the game. It was really odd adding all these random people, but I was relieved to find that I could add them in game and then remove them later without losing anything. It was a really pointless, arbitrary system.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
*Thread dies for another decade*

Seriously though, the title is pretty fitting. Odyssey's story spans about 2 decades or something.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
"UNLESS", indeed. Surprise, guys: this was the plan all along.

In other news, those looking for my friend code can actually just look under my avatar. I added that so long ago... The only thing left for me to do is actually get online with Brawl...

Story progress? Other than notes taken for ideas and my overwhelmingly popular request to write your own beginning to the next chapter, there hasn't been much progress. And how long has it been since the last update? Don't tell me; that will only depress. But if it makes you feel any better, I wrote a rap song instead! Zeeke is talented.

And now for something relatively unrelated: did anyone walk away from this year's E3 feeling particularly psyched? Even with the announcement of Wii U (terrible name), PS Vita (terrible name), and more Kinect support (terrible), I was like "well that's cool". Previous E3s had me like "HOLY #&@$!!" A sign of the times? I just wanna know if I'm alone in feeling that sentiment.

Sound off.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I stopped following gaming news for the most part when I realized that the more I hyped a game, the more likely I was to be disappointed by it. Now I just have friends that let me know if there's anything actually interesting coming out. Occasionally I'll pay attention to Kotaku's e-mails. Expect nothing; gain everything.

This year, I pretty much only hoped that Nintendo is still analyzing the market as well as they did with the Wii's release.

eternity_door

Smash Rookie
As for E3, bah. The only games I really play anymore are Resident Evil, which means God dammit I'm going to have to fork over $250 for a 3DS.

Totally irrelevant, but does anybody else see that phone icon? I've never noticed that before, despite posting exclusively on my iPod.

LinkMaster12

Smash Journeyman
I remember reading this when I was 12....Im 19 now, 20 in 2 months. Man this story was the greatest. I'm going to read it again and I hope everyone else gets a chance to read this greatness.

datsuke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6961-3675
Wow, how did you know? It's been 3 years or so since my last post. But I never forgot this site. I've kept this amazing fanfiction secured in the back of my head. Though I have to admit that I did forget my username, password and e-mail.

I had to google up this thread and search through dozens of pages to discover my username. I even went through some old documents to find my old e-mail address.

So here I am, 3 years later, laughing at the horrible, dreadful syntax and grammar of my old posts, afraid that in 3 years I may return to laugh again.

So what's up? Is the story done yet? Will it ever be? Have there been any "releases" recently? Do you even remember me? I last posted at page 30+ or something.

P.S: Oh, I also returned here to find some friend codes for Brawl. I assume people still play Brawl? I've had the game for years but only now has the "Melee spark" reawakened in me.

Haha, good to see everyone is still doing fine here. xD

its been almost 3 years since that my last post and somehow I ran into some interactive stories on gamefaqs while browsing the net and suddenly remembered this amazing story. Time to re-read back and catch up! :D (Started reading this story back in 2009 when I was...18?...now i'm almost 21).

The last thing I remember was something about Midna and Link and a warp-pipe. xD

kr3wman

Smash Master
Just passing by to make sure I hadn't missed a chapter in the last year, doesn't look like it.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Just passing by to make sure I hadn't missed a chapter in the last year, doesn't look like it.
Ditto, I could swear I've posted more recently but it seems like my last was an odd 3 years ago in 2009. Oops.

I'm still here Zeeke, most of us probably are, lurking, waiting. I've got free time now so I believe a re-read is in order.

JANUARY 13 2014 UPDATE:

STILL HERE. I WAIT. PATIENTLY.

FEBRUARY 09 2015 UPDATE:

See above.

Last edited:

TheRedSnifit

Smash Rookie
Making my bi-annual (Valve time) check-in. I forgot my old username and password and made a new account, but I'll always be waiting. FOREVER.

Last edited:

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Zeeeeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! It's been 3 years again... But this time you haven't posted an update AT ALL. Don't scare us like that dude. Just post once in a while saying you're busy but you still exist. I think this is actually a new record even by your standards...

I can see in your profile that you are 29 and you are a mechanical engineer. It makes sense that you are insanely busy (I just started on my engineering degree myself and I realise now how little time I'll have from now on until I'm sixty, especially once I have a family :D)

(MID-POST-DISCLAIMER-NOTE: I'm not necroing, FOR THIS THREAD MAY NEVER DIE.)

Reminds me of that part in Odyssey where Odysseus got stuck in Kalypso's island for a decade. Since the story spanned two decades, he essentially spent half the time waiting.

Well, whatever, I'll come back sooner this time cause I do not feel satisfied.

EDIT: Hopefully, when you get your hands on the new SSB for the Wii U you will remember about us.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I'm eleven years late to the game but, oh how I wish I had discovered this fanfiction way earlier. This gets all the compliments that I won't ever be able to write with my poor-yet-somehow-fluent English level, as well as a bump for it to not be forgotten in the second page of the Creative Minds thread. You sir, are an inspiration for me, the author apprentice. I particularly enjoyed the whole Mute City arc as well as the fight against the Iron Knuckle. And the rest too.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to see even 10 years on there are new readers to the story.

That said. Still waiting.
Forever. I'll pop in for as long as this forum exists. :')

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Nearly 2 years again... that makes what, 5 since zeeke's last post? Also, ssb for wii u and 3ds came and went and we still haven't heard a word...

I'm beginning to wonder whether this fanfic is dead for good this time. Can anyone contact him in any social media or real life and ask him?

Seriously, we are running out of time... eventually they are gonna shut this topic down.

M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

Can you please give me tips on hove to make a popular story?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Nearly 2 years again... that makes what, 5 since zeeke's last post? Also, ssb for wii u and 3ds came and went and we still haven't heard a word...

I'm beginning to wonder whether this fanfic is dead for good this time. Can anyone contact him in any social media or real life and ask him?

Seriously, we are running out of time... eventually they are gonna shut this topic down.
I think Zeeke has gotten sick and tired of everybody asking for updates and just quit. I hope that's not the case though.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
LMAO
C'mon y'all. FIVE YEARS?
Most people declare a story possibly dead after, like, six months to a year. I know the guy took long breaks, but damn.
If he's still livin', I'm sure he's checked this thread but knows there's no possible response that everybody would be happy with. Just let it go. Write your own continuation. I read this **** early in high school and I'm 24 now.
Time to move on, folks.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Heh...one can hope.

I'm still here Zeeke, most of us probably are, lurking, waiting. I've got free time now so I believe a re-read is in order.
Hilarious in context, I wound up in full time employment for the next 5 years a week after posting that. So much for time.

C'mon y'all. FIVE YEARS?Time to move on, folks.
Coming onto 8 years this December. I will sip wine and laugh when the update comes, oh yes. Like the dignified old chap I'll be by then.

Top Bottom