• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Nominated For People's Choice Awards - Go Vote!

The People's Choice Awards has been broadcast on CBS since its first show in 1975. The concept of the show is to allow the American people to vote on things like favorite television shows, movies, musics, and more in general categories. This year for the 42nd edition of the show a new category has been added for favorite video game. Super Smash Bros has been nominated along with several other titles to win a People's Choice Award for 2016!

All Of The Titles Available To Vote On

For any Smash fans reading that would like to see Super Smash Bros take home a People's Choice Award, the favorite video game category can be voted for online by visiting their website. Will Smash be able to take the prize home? Let us know those votes in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for updates!

Comments

I voted for Smash for video game, but other than that (for the other categories) I don't know who chose the nominees, but that person is a serious idiot.

Why are all the votes for games that came out at least a year ago (Minecraft came out how long ago?)... and Arkham Knight, which doesn't even run properly on PC=???

Man, when they say CBS is "ancient media," they weren't kidding roflllll.

Regardless, definitely voted for Smash Bros. Arkham Knight is basically unplayable on the one next gen machine I have that it appears on, Advance Warfare is too expensive with all that DLC, GTA V is pretty great but not quite on "Super Smash Bros." level (whatever Smash Bros title that is), and Minecraft isn't my cup of tea.

So yep, "Super Smash Bros." it is.

(Also, how is Mr. Robot not a "Best show" nominee or a nominee in anything when it is so unbelievably incredible?You can thank me later or never, just for your sake, I'm begging you to watch it. /ends rant)

Last edited:
Being honest though, I wish there were more nominees.

As great as Smash Bros is, the latest iteration still has it's issues as a modern game, IMO. I might have voted Minecraft if I actually actively played that.

Advanced Warfare though? ...

All the other games are fun or innovative in at least one aspect. AW is probably the most bland and probably the worst COD. Really Suprising to see that there haha. anyways yeah Smash Bros has my vote. though Minecraft or GTA will win because **** you.

Played all the games BUT Arkham Knight...
AW: Nah.
GTA: Ehh.... No.
Minecraft: Should I? NOPE.
Smash: YES! YES! YES!
I vote Smash.
#Smash4PCA

I'm surprised league of legends isn't on there is it only console games they'd are talking about? Starcraft too, lol but smash all the way

Or you could choose Smash Bros to help a friendly community grow instead of picking an already famous and cancerous game.
The fact that you essentially attacked his opinion denotes the whole "friendly community" thing you mentioned. No community is perfect, and Smash is no exception.

Whoever came up with that list needs to be fired, but regardless still gonna vote for smash. Also why is cr1tikal and jon missing from the YouTube star category?

Very doubtful that Smash will win consider the other nominated games have a higher rate of purchase through their respective console as well as the game's popularity.

Or I can vote for what I really want to vote for. Thats an option too

Also friendly community? Right
I never said it wasn't I just pointed the pros and cons of voting for each game. Why do people always feel attacked when someone questions their opinion? -_-'

Also almost 100K raised for EVO, thousands of stories of Smashers saying how kind the community is (from Mang0 to Zero to random player) and raising over 50K on STR this year is more than what other communities are doing. Or what was the last time you heard any of these from the GTA's community? Seriously is like people judge something they don't even know.

The People's Choice Awards has been broadcast on CBS since its first show in 1975. The concept of the show is to allow the American people to vote on things like favorite television shows, movies, musics, and more in general categories. This year for the 42nd edition of the show a new category has been added for favorite video game. Super Smash Bros has been nominated along with several other titles to win a People's Choice Award for 2016!

All Of The Titles Available To Vote On

For any Smash fans reading that would like to see Super Smash Bros take home a People's Choice Award, the favorite video game category can be voted for online by visiting their website. Will Smash be able to take the prize home? Let us know those votes in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for updates!

Obviously Voted for Smash, but really? Were going up against the COD community and the Minecraft community... R.I.P Smash. I still have High Hopes though.

#VoteSmash

Batman AA-Don't care...
CoD AW-Don't care...
GTAV-Don't care...
Minecraft-Don't care...
Super Smash Bros.-Don't ca...wait a sec...

Vote Smash

AW: I played it but IT IS BLAND
GTA: GAF
Minecraft: To many little kids
BA: LAG FOR DAYS
Smash: Nice MLG communities =D

lol so many haters on the other games.
I chose Smash despite liking Minecraft (no matter what you people say)

Last edited:
I really want smash to win, but honestly, I don't think it has a chance against either Minecraft or Grand Theft Auto. It kinda depends on the demographic that this poll is advertised to, but I personally think that Minecraft will come out on top.

Or I can vote for what I really want to vote for. Thats an option too

Also friendly community? Right
As much as I crap on it, the Smash Bros. community certainly is among the better gaming communities, especially in person.

I can't think of another series of games where me jokingly threatening to run over the top player in the world (and 2 other people, plus my brother who isn't a person) :rotfl: at the time with my car with me in my car was acceptable, especially after a regional. :laugh:

(for the record, that used to be/still is one of my many after-tournament gags that I do on many people)
Looked through the "Movies" and the "Action Movies" category... Not a single mention of Mad Max Fury Road... Really???
After the "no Mr. Robot" thought, that was my second response. Truly a terrible crime.
You're telling me. I'm still shaking my head at the fact that Maroon 5 is a "favorite music group" nominee.
I would respect their "ancient choices" more if they had actual older musical acts such as symphonies were a category (which would legit be cool). Also, if rock music and rap and hip-hop that wasn't super mainstream were present.

Top Bottom