• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros N.I.N.T.E.N.D.O.

Which Name?

• SSB Update

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • SSB Deluxe

• SSB Infintite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSB Perfect

• SSB N.I.N.T.E.N.D.O.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oracle Link

Smash Master
The first time i do this but lets go!

So it will be a Brawl styled Sequel! So while we do some cuts we expand the Roster Fair!
Lets do some cuts shall we?

Completed Roster (made by otoad64):
1618494495344.png

Still in the Making:

Assist Trophies:

Stages:
Unofficial Stage List!
Some corrections:
Yoshi Stage would be Yoshis Island Brawl
Ridley gets Norfair!
Considering dark pit was cut his stage could be Medusas (or its a new Underworld Stage)
Dark Matter shouldnt get any Castles either dark star or Void Terminas Stomach
Considering that the most loved Pm game is Thousand year Door it should be Rougue Port but is the Picture supposed to be Toad Town if it has elements 1 and Ok than it would be even Better!
Galacta knights stage is kept Although ter maybe a bit of Egg engines in it too!
I will do more later!

Classic Mode:

Attachments

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I actually thought about doing a more traditional sequel thread but I wasn't sure it would take off.

I would prefer to vote on which ones should be cut instead of just saying who is cut
I changed it up a bit while i still wont cut everyone that is voted i will listen far more too you!
But pichu, Pirahna Plant both Young link need to go i hope thats fine!
Also 2 Fe chars of your choice (because i think Fe needs a Villain)!

But considering i think you like it here is a certain Someone:

Bandana Dee Waddles in!

We all know this ball of wonders deserves it so he´l be in! But you can suggest moveset Ideas!

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I changed it up a bit while i still wont cut everyone that is voted i will listen far more too you!
But pichu, Pirahna Plant both Young link need to go i hope thats fine!
why do they need to go specifically?
Also 2 Fe chars of your choice (because i think Fe needs a Villain)!
I guess... Corrin and Roy.
But considering i think you like it here is a certain Someone:

Bandana Dee Waddles in!

We all know this ball of wonders deserves it so he´l be in! But you can suggest moveset Ideas!
I think he should have a gimmick where his spear can change elements like in Star Allies, activated with Down B

Oracle Link

Smash Master
why do they need to go specifically?

I guess... Corrin and Roy.

I think he should have a gimmick where his spear can change elements like in Star Allies, activated with Down B
Pichu and Pirahna need to go because theyre quite unimportant but maybe if you (this means everyone) try hard enough i may cut another Mario Char!
Pichu isnt that lucky although maybe we find a way to make it playable without wasting a Slot!
Toon and young link would go because i wanna add Chibi/ Gameboy Link i just really like him!

But to be fair if anyone convinces me otherwise i may go away from some of my Opinions!

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would cut the piranha plant not because it is unimportant (in terms of impact), but because of the 'sore thumb' that it is in the roster. Almost everyone else is a distinct character, but the piranha plant is generic, and in order to give some integrity to its inclusion, the games would most naturally be obliged to add other generic characters, and to me that may 'water down' the idea of a roster focusing on stars of gaming (which does tie in the concept of significance), the supposed the purpose of Smash Bros. to begin with. On the other hand, the plant could be argued to be a star on account of its integral role to the antagonism of Mario games. From that standpoint, I could take or leave it, but my personal preference is to cut it.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Pirahna need to go because theyre quite unimportant
I'm sorry, unimportant? Piranha Plant has been through the series since the very beginning and is an iconic Mario enemy. While someone like Goomba or Koopa may be more deserving, Piranha Plant is still intergral to the series and is deserving of it's place in Ultimate. I would argue that cutting Piranha Plant is on the same level as cutting Bowser Jr.

There's one character I think deserves the removal the most from the Mario characters, that having to be :ultrosalina:. She really didn't do much outside the Galaxy games, and her inclusion didn't really wasn't warranted. When people are more excited about Kirby being in Mario Kart (from what I remember people were hyped from her reveal trailer thinking Kirby got in MK, even though he sadly didn't) than you getting in Smash Bros., there's probably a problem there. I just don't really see the reason why we should keep her.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I would cut the piranha plant not because it is unimportant (in terms of impact), but because of the 'sore thumb' that it is in the roster. Almost everyone else is a distinct character, but the piranha plant is generic, and in order to give some integrity to its inclusion, the games would most naturally be obliged to add other generic characters, and to me that may 'water down' the idea of a roster focusing on stars of gaming (which does tie in the concept of significance), the supposed the purpose of Smash Bros. to begin with. On the other hand, the plant could be argued to be a star on account of its integral role to the antagonism of Mario games. From that standpoint, I could take or leave it, but my personal preference is to cut it.
I think we don't need to add additional enemies to "give integrity" to it's inclusion. I figure if anything it would sort of act as the "representative" for generics, I guess, like the enemy inclusion to end all enemy inclusions.

I suppose maybe someone like the Goomba makes more sense in that role, but seeing as Plant would be a veteran adding Goomba would technically be adding an additional enemy
I'm sorry, unimportant? Piranha Plant has been through the series since the very beginning and is an iconic Mario enemy. While someone like Goomba or Koopa may be more deserving, Piranha Plant is still intergral to the series and is deserving of it's place in Ultimate. I would argue that cutting Piranha Plant is on the same level as cutting Bowser Jr.

There's one character I think deserves the removal the most from the Mario characters, that having to be :ultrosalina:. She really didn't do much outside the Galaxy games, and her inclusion didn't really wasn't warranted. When people are more excited about Kirby being in Mario Kart (from what I remember people were hyped from her reveal trailer thinking Kirby got in MK, even though he sadly didn't) than you getting in Smash Bros., there's probably a problem there. I just don't really see the reason why we should keep her.
honestly, she's 2nd in line after Doc imo. she's in a ton of Mario games, but so are Toad and Waluigi and Birdo and King Boo etc, etc.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
honestly, she's 2nd in line after Doc imo.
Fair enough, but I still think Doc should be the one 2nd in line. Mainly because of him having multiple games, including a mobile one, more long term history, being a nice alternative to the purposely-but-still-basic Mario in smash, and being an easy character to include. None of which Rosalina has. So while I understand what you are saying, I respectfully disagree and think Rosalina is less important than a PhD.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Fair enough, but I still think Doc should be the one 2nd in line. Mainly because of him having multiple games, including a mobile one, more long term history, being a nice alternative to the purposely-but-still-basic Mario in smash, and being an easy character to include. None of which Rosalina has. So while I understand what you are saying, I respectfully disagree and think Rosalina is less important than a PhD.
I mean, if Doc were to be cut he should still at least be a costume (though I guess that would kind of get rid of the alternative playstyle)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So your wish is my Command we all know a Mario Char needs to go so i will make a poll Today in 3-6 Hours
with Pirahna, Doc and Rosalina and lets say Daisy too! One of them will be cut!

Just so i dont need to make a bajillion Polls What is your opinion on this Idea Zero Suit Samus is Cut and Metroid is added? (yeah i know a metroid is an Enemy but the Franchise is named after them!)

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I'm thinking every Third Party should be cut. The Subtitle is literally N.I.N.T.E.N.D.O., the Company is literally in the name, so I feel every Third Party should be cut. As for the other cuts I'd make:
Mario: :ultdaisy: :ultbowserjr: :ultpiranha: :ultdoc:
Zelda: :ulttoonlink: :ultsheik:
Donkey Kong: :ultkrool:
Metroid: :ultzss: :ultdarksamus:
Star Fox: :ultfalco: :ultwolf:
Pokemon: :ultincineroar: :ultpichu: :ultsquirtle: (especially :ultsquirtle: !), :ultcharizard:
Fire Emblem: :ultchrom: :ultlucina: (especially :ultlucina: ) :ultrobin: :ultroy: :ultcorrinf:
Other Cuts: :ulticeclimbers: :ultpyra: :ultrob: :ultlucas: :ultduckhunt::ultvillager: :ultminmin: (especially :ultminmin)

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
How do i make a new Poll?
I think you need to be a moderator
I'm thinking every Third Party should be cut. The Subtitle is literally N.I.N.T.E.N.D.O., the Company is literally in the name, so I feel every Third Party should be cut. As for the other cuts I'd make:
Mario: :ultdaisy: :ultbowserjr: :ultpiranha: :ultdoc:
Zelda: :ulttoonlink: :ultsheik:
Donkey Kong: :ultkrool:
Metroid: :ultzss: :ultdarksamus:
Star Fox: :ultfalco: :ultwolf:
Pokemon: :ultincineroar: :ultpichu: :ultsquirtle: (especially :ultsquirtle: !), :ultcharizard:
Fire Emblem: :ultchrom: :ultlucina: (especially :ultlucina: ) :ultrobin: :ultroy: :ultcorrinf:
Other Cuts: :ulticeclimbers: :ultpyra: :ultrob: :ultlucas: :ultduckhunt:
well, that's a little extreme.

if we're just listing who should be cut, I would just cut these

Mario: :ultdoc::ultrosalina:
Zelda: :ulttoonlink::ultsheik: (also :ultyounglink: if we're adding a different Link)
Metroid::ultzss:
Pokemon: :ultincineroar:
FE: :ultroy::ultchrom::ultcorrin::ultbyleth:
Third Party: :ultcloud::ultsephiroth::ultjoker::ulthero::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry:

jeez, I thought I was an extremist when it came to cuts

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Big stuff are Questions:

Ok Dr Mario Becomes a Alt for regular Mario (maybe certain chars have more than 8 alts?

You all seem to agree on Roy and Corrin so of they go (Chrome and Lucina become costumes yes? So maybe Roy too?)

Fuergro and Pichu seem to be the Least liked Pokemon (Dumb that i cant make any other Polls!) so of they Go!

And Zero S S is gone to!

Should Tom Nook be added?

Should Mythra and Pyra be merged?

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Pichu seem to be the Least liked Pokemon (Dumb that i cant make any other Polls!) so of they Go!
:(

I guess if you really want to cut two Pokemon then Pichu should probably go...
Is anyone open for the Idea that Melinda becomes the "animal Villager" with skins for Tom nook and others?

Should Mythra and Pyra be merged?
by "Melinda" I assume you mean Isabelle? No she shouldn't have skins for other Villagers imo

and Pyra and Mythra should stay as is.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
:(

I guess if you really want to cut two Pokemon then Pichu should probably go...

by "Melinda" I assume you mean Isabelle? No she shouldn't have skins for other Villagers imo

and Pyra and Mythra should stay as is.
Yaeh i agree i changed the first Question im still not completly sold on the Pyra Mythra thing tho

Impa is in right?

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yaeh i agree i changed the first Question im still not completly sold on the Pyra Mythra thing tho

Impa is in right?
yeah I would say add Impa, and Tom Nook

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "merging" Pyra and Mythra

Edit:

so this thread is pretty cluttered so I made a roster image to keep better track of who's in and who's out.
Super Smash Bros. N.I.N.T.E.N.D.O Roster.png

are there any other cuts I should know about?

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think we should cut one of the child links since we cut a second mario and a second samus
Yeah i agree i think it should be
Link (with oot,Tp, Botw alts, voices and weapons)
Toon-Link (With Boy Link Alt)/ Boy Link (with Toon- Link alt)
Making one Adult link and one Cartoony One

Boy Link is how i refer to Chibi Link now!

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Yeah i agree i think it should be
Link (with oot,Tp, Botw alts, voices and weapons)
Toon-Link (With Boy Link Alt)/ Boy Link (with Toon- Link alt)
Making one Adult link and one Cartoony One

Boy Link is how i refer to Chibi Link now!
so young link is cut?

this would mean the Zelda series has five characters, so I think we should add another one.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
so young link is cut?

this would mean the Zelda series has five characters, so I think we should add another one.
Of course! Do you have an idea? My Ideas are these ones!
Good Guys:

Goron (generic or specific)

Tingle

Bad Guys:

Skull Kid

Vaati

One Offs (only appear in one main Line Zelda):

Midna

Generic Enemys:

Octorock

Moblin, Bokoblin and Lizalfos Trio

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Of course! Do you have an idea? My Ideas are these ones!
Good Guys:

Goron (generic or specific)

Tingle

Bad Guys:

Skull Kid

Vaati

One Offs (only appear in one main Line Zelda):

Midna

Generic Enemys:

Octorock

Moblin, Bokoblin and Lizalfos Trio
I would go with Skull Kid or Midna because they're very requested, one idea I had that would be cool is to add a Guardian from BoTW

Last edited:

AGuestUser

Smash Cadet
Are we changing Zelda's design this time around? Or should we wait till we get artwork of her BOTW2 self?
EDIT: Also since Young got the boot we should add Skull Kid to represent MM
EDIT EDIT: Also if we are currently in the "replace" phase, here are my suggestions:

Already Cut:
Pichu > Scizor - Represents a bug type AND a steel type, also finally gives gen 2 a proper rep
Dr. Mario > Paper Mario - Represents the Mario RPG games, I can't add Fawful due to AlphaDream going bankrupt and Geno has literally appeared in like two games and probably isn't known by like 40% of the Mario fanbase

New Cuts:
Kanto Pokemon Trainer > General Pokemon Trainer - Has starters from Multiple Regions, could represent Gens 3, 5, and 8 all at once - would also help in stopping the pokemon roster from having half of them originate from the FIRST generation.
Wii Fit Trainer > Ring Fit Trainer - hur dur
Toon Link > Classic Link - Chibi Link? Past Link? Gameboy Link? Just please represent the 2D games because Nintendo never will apparently.

EDIT x3: Oh wait
Roy > Lyn - I think we all expected this one

EDIT four: ._.
Piranha Plant > FE Character - I mean, cutting the FE representation in half while keeping an enemy that isn't even in the title of the series would be dumber then mewtwo getting cut in brawl we all know it's getting cut next game anyway

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Newcomers:
Boy Link
Gets the Game started!
Dark matter
Driven out of Obscurity!
Skullkid
Will bring the Moon down for you!

What do you Guys think abou adding Andross for Star Fox?
Or about adding Alph as a Olimar Echo?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Issac (with Matthew skin but in the same artstyle)
Shakes the Earth!
Alph
is the second one on Smash-404!

The (maybe) Final kirby Char will now be decided!
Magolor
(full)
Galacta Knight
(echo of meta knight dont worry Mk gets a new moveset in this game)
Taranza
(full maybe? do you know a Char he could echo?)
(what do you think about him being a Dark matter alt?)
(as standins for Whispy and Kracko they are a duo and are not sakurai kirby chars)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Issac (with Matthew skin but in the same artstyle)
Shakes the Earth!
Alph
is the second one on Smash-404!

The (maybe) Final kirby Char will now be decided!
Magolor
(full)
Galacta Knight
(echo of meta knight dont worry Mk gets a new moveset in this game)
Taranza
(full maybe? do you know a Char he could echo?)
(what do you think about him being a Dark matter alt?)
(as standins for Whispy and Kracko they are a duo and are not sakurai kirby chars)
I think Galacta Knight as a Meta Knight semi-clone, Gooey wouldn't work as a Dark Matter alt, but maybe a Kirby semi-clone with a few Dark Matter moves?

AGuestUser

Smash Cadet
...the first one again

anyway here's a stage doc I made

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So we still have some spots to fill but first you guys are the best!

Lets add a sonic Char or Two!
Should it be Eggman and Tails? Sega basicly only uses Them nowadys!

Do we need an additional Mega man Char?

Ms pacman should be an alt Right? After all Pacman Doesnt speak in Smash!

What do we do with Hero, Cloud and sephiroth? Do we keep em? But atleast we should make Sephi and Cloud more based on the orignal FF7!

...the first one again

anyway here's a stage doc I made
Awesome Work 👍 let me suggest some Things

:ultdk::ultpeach:: Use The meele Versions of these Stages (Jungle Japes and Princess Peaches Castle) i think they fit better!

:ultkingdedede:: His home stage could be a Dededes castle themed Stage (but keep it like thjs for now)!

:ultmetaknight:: Its the Halberd (but it could soar arround the acses Arc)

:ultkirby:: Has Green Greens
(but with a dreamland 64 mode + Green Gardens textures and looks if you dont find a stage looking like this just use the Ultimate version)

So ill get some rest i am back (hopefully) tommorow!

Top Bottom