• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Multiverse now in the works! HELP WANTED!

CartoonBro89-Rebooted

Smash Rookie
Greetings friends. My name is CartoonBro, and today I'd like to formally announce that I will be attempting to make a Smash Bros. fangame titled Super Smash Bros. Multiverse! I honestly have been planning this out for a while, since around the time that Smash 4 was about to be released in fact! However, since then, many things have changed, as everything about the project has been shifting around 24/7. Everything from the character roster to the stages, to the items and assist trophies, final smashes, and even who was going to be unlockable characters, it's been all over the place. However, I believe my project plan is finally in a stable enough situation that I can officially reveal it here. So, here goes nothing.

First of all, I'm uncertain as to what engine this game will run on at the current time of this post, but it must be an engine that can support at least 16-bit graphics, as I wish to have SSBM have an art style similar to that of Super Smash Flash 2, but with the sprite work of Sonic Mania. Sounds extreme, and trust me, it is, but this is what I had in mind.

The gameplay I feel should be pretty similar, if not spot-on, to the official games, with a game speed in between Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, as well as featuring some of the tech from Melee to give it more of a Project M feel to it.

Lastly, (at least before I talk about the stuff you guys wanna hear about), I also want completely original arrangements of the music tracks that will play throughout the game, as well as a completely original theme song for the title itself. More on this in a bit.

Now for the character roster. This is where things start to go off the rails a bit, as this project has a planned 160 characters, and 135 stages. I can already tell that some of you are gasping for air on how a concept would even be possible, so hear me out. Yes, it is certainly a lot of characters, and will most likely take a long time to develop everyone properly, and give them the proper balance treatments they deserve. So I'm thinking of releasing the content of the game in waves, based off of the series as a whole. The first version of the game will include the original 12, then the Hyper 25, then the Subspace 35, then the All-Star 58, then the Ultimate 68, then whoever's next afterwards. It's also worth noting that for this game, I have the characters spilt into three different categories: first party, third party, and guest characters. First party characters are obviously Nintendo owned characters, third party characters are video game characters from other companies, and guest characters are characters that did not originate from video games, but must have at least one video game to be viable on the roster (aside from a few exceptions, but only a few). Again, certainly a massive undertaking, but one I am willing to subject myself too, as this has been my dream for a long, long time.

But it was at this point in my project plan that I realized there was no way I could do all this on my own, and that is why I made this post in the first place. Consider this my call for help, but I need a team that is willing to help me put this game together, as I have no experience with programming myself. With this in mind, I need as many people to help as possible, whether you be Animators, Programmers, Designers, Voice Actors, Musicians, no matter what, just help me get my team together. If you wanna help out, I'll put a link to the Discord server here: SSBM Discord

So, with all this being said, I hope you enjoyed this little tidbit of information that I have for the project, and hopefully anyone that is willing to help out with the project will jump on the bandwagon, and help me, because I seriously need the assistance if I want to pull this off. My name is CartoonBro, and I will see you all around later, but not without tossing the community a bone on what I plan to be doing next~ See ya later!

CartoonBro89-Rebooted

Smash Rookie
Dang, I wanted to join, but the invite's dead. May I get another?
I can certainly get the invite fixed up for you. Apologies for not responding right away, but just know that a lot has changed since back then. The roster has shifted around some, and also a few details about the game proper. However, I'm glad to know you wish to help.

Top Bottom