• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Meme

Jako

Smash Rookie
Greetings, smashers!

Over the last few months I've been preparing to begin a gigantic project as a tribute to meme culture and the Internet as a whole.

One of the longest-running and most meta memes to exist is that of the titular crossover game series Super Smash Bros., which has only been amplified in popularity over the previous two years due to the hype before and after the release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and its various DLC packs. I thought that there would be no better way to make a truly worthy tribute to Internet culture than to incorporate the most ambitious crossover event in history, starring the memes that started it all and keep it going, in a Super Smash Bros. Meme mod overhaul that can drive the Internet wild with excitement.

Of course such a task is gargantuan to take on alone, so that is why I'm reaching out to the Internet for its input. Linked to this message is a planning document that I have been adding to, with all of the content I could think of adding to such a mod (characters, assist trophies, bosses, stages, and items). As can be seen so far much is incomplete, which is where you all come in and help fill in the blanks! You can add comments to the document in every category for every entry, to which you can suggest any information for them and even add new entries for consideration. The mod would be then built off of the suggestions from the planning document to create a mod that is made of the Internet, for the Internet, and by the Internet.

Share this post and its links so that as many people as possible can contribute!

I can't wait for your ideas to start rolling in!

-Jako

Link to Planning Document (Google Slides)

Top Bottom