• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Remastered 2.5

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet

Full Version
Light Version
Competitive Version
Bug Reports

Super Smash Bros. Melee Remastered 2.5

Major Fixes
- Tweaked Melee Adventure to improve sequences
- New Stages, Costumes, and Re-designed characters
- Corrected effects
- Re-done items
- New trophies
- Corrected Giant Bowser (he was missing a horn)
- Fixed Project M models

Character Changes
- Nearly all characters have been optimized. Spec maps and some textures were reduced.
- Unnecessary textures (Meta Knight's broken mask, Sonic's specs, etc) were removed
- The following characters were re-designed:
Sonic - removed his shaders, and fixed the models to be more user-friendly.

Zero Suit Samus - textures are less saturated and face looks more realistic.

Meta Knight - default costume is now based on his modern colors.

Toon Link - completely new design. More Toon, less Young.

New Costumes

Alternate Version: Light
This is a more compacted edition of SSBMR 2.5. Each character has 4, 5, or 6 costumes. Due to the reduced number of costumes, CSPs are now a better format, making for a more presentable and neat Character Selection Screen. It has new & exclusive costumes.

Alternate Version: Competitive
This one is the same as the Light version, but has all Project M 3.6 stages and movesets. Ideal for those who play competitively or who are interested in taking it to tournaments.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
that desaturated sonic is ideal

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
Honestly, I'm glad there's a new Toon Link skin. The past one looked too unfitting.

Honestly though this entire build is pretty solid

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
I love your skins. Do you ever do them Brawl-styled? I always wanted a Young Zelda and I was retexturing it to fit more with the Brawl skins but I thought I would ask if you already did one.

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet
I love your skins. Do you ever do them Brawl-styled? I always wanted a Young Zelda and I was retexturing it to fit more with the Brawl skins but I thought I would ask if you already did one.
All of my work is done in the Melee Remastered style, so no, I don't have a Brawl version.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What exactly is difference between Brawl/PM and Melee Remastered 2.5? I haven't really been following this project (just saw it in Brawl Vault few times), but it looks interesting. Neither OP nor OP really say what was changed (just "New Stages, New Costumes, Fixed X and Y", etc). It probably is there in readme, but i want to know what im getting before spending a week on downloading it.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
What are the differences between the "Competitive" and the "Full" versions?
The Competive ver uses the Light Version and has the Movesets and Stages reverted to v3.6 The Full ver is every Alt Costume, New Stages and minor Moveset changes that were done to represet Melee more.

Journal

Smash Apprentice
The Competive ver uses the Light Version and has the Movesets and Stages reverted to v3.6 The Full ver is every Alt Costume, New Stages and minor Moveset changes that were done to represet Melee more.
Is there a changelist or anything for the moveset changes? For example, was Sheik changed to have melee downthrow?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Is there a changelist or anything for the moveset changes? For example, was Sheik changed to have melee downthrow?
Well, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf's Movesets were reverted back to their 3.0 Movesets.

Last edited:

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet
What exactly is difference between Brawl/PM and Melee Remastered 2.5?
Thank you for asking. Here's the thread of the last version (2.1) so you get a slightly better idea:
http://smashboards.com/threads/super-smash-bros-melee-remastered-2-1.413869/

Watch my YouTube videos. The trailers will explain what everything is:
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlGeorgeRomo/videos

If you want a more general idea, like my Facebook page. In there you'll find more changes and stuff like that:
https://www.facebook.com/algeorgeromo

zombifiedsquid

Smash Rookie
NNID
zombifiedsquid
3DS FC
1091-8722-2904
Would it be possible to give characters n64 alt skins or closest to it over 1 slot?

Rage83

Smash Ace
I don't want to add N64 models. It would be a fun feature, but I'd have to sacrifice 1 slot for the characters that already have 10 costumes.
Invisible Brawl mode is a thing that you can replace, just saying. The FitCharacterSpy files are used for it.

ThundeRzReigN

Smash Cadet
This looks amazing, but it doesn't work? I tried to download it and found out that it doesn't even start up for me. I'm using homebrew btw.

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet
This looks amazing, but it doesn't work? I tried to download it and found out that it doesn't even start up for me. I'm using homebrew btw.
Look up how to play Project M on Dolphin or Homebrew channel. This was built with Project M, so the process is the same.

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet
Can someone make an iso builder for this? I followed how to build it properly, but Dolphin keeps crashing (I have the correct settings and everything)
This was built with Project M. You can find a Project M ISO builder and make a SSBMR ISO.

UniversalDrift

Smash Rookie
NNID
UniversalDrift
3DS FC
5258-0348-6834
Thank you for making this pack AlGeorgeRomo! I've been following your work for a long time now(Not from the Beginning) and I was wondering, when did you start this and what inspired you to keep making all this art? I have seen and downloaded your stuff from brawl vault.

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet
Thank you for making this pack AlGeorgeRomo! I've been following your work for a long time now(Not from the Beginning) and I was wondering, when did you start this and what inspired you to keep making all this art? I have seen and downloaded your stuff from brawl vault.
Hi! I'm happy you like it! :D
It all started when I wanted to make a Melee version of Link. Project M released his Ocarina of Time costume, and I gave him his proper Melee appearance. He was the first "Melee Remastered" character. Then I made the rest of the characters. A lot of people asked me to release a pack containing all of them so they didn't have to individually download them. I thought of making SSBMR using Project M as a base. I don't remember when exactly that happened, but I think that was 2 or 3 years ago.

UniversalDrift

Smash Rookie
NNID
UniversalDrift
3DS FC
5258-0348-6834
Hi! I'm happy you like it! :D
It all started when I wanted to make a Melee version of Link. Project M released his Ocarina of Time costume, and I gave him his proper Melee appearance. He was the first "Melee Remastered" character. Then I made the rest of the characters. A lot of people asked me to release a pack containing all of them so they didn't have to individually download them. I thought of making SSBMR using Project M as a base. I don't remember when exactly that happened, but I think that was 2 or 3 years ago.
I'm still glad that you made this pack! Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom