• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Dashnevu

Smash Rookie
We replaced the XP stages, music, and stage selection screen with the TE stages, music, and stage selection screen, then trimmed the music file until it was small enough to fit on a 2gb sd card. We also brought in the private folder from TE in order to launch the game with the traditional hackless method.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We replaced the XP stages, music, and stage selection screen with the TE stages, music, and stage selection screen, then trimmed the music file until it was small enough to fit on a 2gb sd card. We also brought in the private folder from TE in order to launch the game with the traditional hackless method.
Whoa... That actually sounds pretty great.

It's basically XPTE lol

Now I wanna try it because using the Smash Stack method for Legacy XP just sounds like a dream come true.

Dashnevu

Smash Rookie
You can also trim a lot of excess from the apps folder (you only need the LegacyXP folder from there for this method unless, maybe you're using a wiiu). You can get rid of the Install folder, the riivolution folder, the config.dat, and the Legacy XP USB Launcher Forwarder.dol, and, as long as this isn't for the wiiu, the wiiu folder, and the boot_wiiu.elf. I don't know whether or not you need the wiiu stuff to play on the wiiu with this method, but I would leave those things in there if I were making a build for the wiiu.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You can also trim a lot of excess from the apps folder (you only need the LegacyXP folder from there for this method unless, maybe you're using a wiiu). You can get rid of the Install folder, the riivolution folder, the config.dat, and the Legacy XP USB Launcher Forwarder.dol, and, as long as this isn't for the wiiu, the wiiu folder, and the boot_wiiu.elf. I don't know whether or not you need the wiiu stuff to play on the wiiu with this method, but I would leave those things in there if I were making a build for the wiiu.
I don't have any Wii U stuff on regular PM and it works fine on the Wii U.

HyperLink

Smash Rookie
What about using Legacy XP 2.0 on a hackless Wii?
There's a hackless guide here (You'll still need a 8-32GB SD card tho, read the whole thing to know if you need anything else): http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

I downloaded, but how do I launch it?
Here's a full guide: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

In Main menu of dolphin play update addons and exit. After I hit play dolphin the fps drops to 0 and stuck at black screen. my ssbb iso is default also idk what else to do i tried reinstalling both the setup and iso.
I have the same problem
I'd try reinstalling it from scratch and following ALL of the steps in the guide: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

I get a "Dolphin was unexpected at this time" error whenever I try to build the iso. Any tips?
You shouldn't build any ISO in the full version, that was how we did it in the beta but not anymore.
Please check out full guide here: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

Downloaded XP (Wii) Zip file, extracted onto 64GB FAT32 SD card.
Booted up HBChannel and used the XP Launcher.
Brings up the XP Launcher Menu, press play.
Just loads normal Brawl.

What is going on?
64GB+ SD cards aren't supported because of hardware Wii limitations we can do nothing about atm.
Please read the guide for a full list of requirements and follow all the steps to get it working (which includes getting an 8-32GB SD): http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

Could somebody tell me where i can find the music list? Oh, and im experiencing some REALLY LONG loading screens, some help with this too?
Credits haven't been updated yet but when they are, they'll be available here: http://smashbros.co/LXPCredits

Love this game so far and the character additions are great. Are their any plans for Kunckles, Isaic and Lyn?
1st question in the FAQ: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

is there a way to build in on mac?
Yes, scroll down to the Mac guide here: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

When I downloaded Legacy XP 2.0 full for dolphin, the folder wasn't like what it's supposed to be, theres no "insert brawl iso here" no LegacyXP.exe or anything like that. Any advice or help?
You probably need to redownload, and follow the guide here: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide
It should look like this:

Help, I'm using Dolphin and the CSS crashes when I select Mage Ganondorf and Ridley
Looks like files weren't copied properly, try reinstalling from scratch and following ALL the steps in the guide here: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

The game freezes when loading the CSS if I change the menu brstms. It worked fine with the brstms that came with the mod and it works with the original Brawl music...
Files sometimes get corrupted when copying to the SD, so try editing BRSTMs and other stuff in a separate folder and then copy them all at once to the SD.

I have a question, I know you need homebrew but will I have to download PM before I can get this? Also what type of as card do I need to play this on the wii u?

Plz respond thx.
Nope, you don't need to download PM since it's technically included in the build
And you'll need an 8-32GB SD card, as for Wii U, we're waiting on a stable and confirmed guide and once that's done, it'll be added here: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

Dashnevu

Smash Rookie
There's a hackless guide here (You'll still need a 8-32GB SD card tho, read the whole thing to know if you need anything else): http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

Here's a full guide: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide

I'd try reinstalling it from scratch and following ALL of the steps in the guide: http://smashbros.co/LXPGuide
Despite the incredibly helpful staff, I don't know of anyone that has the full version working hacklessly. At least nine of us over on the support channel have been unable to get the wii to read the larger sd card after the letterbomb brings us the launch menu. A tenth guy claimed that his wii was bricked after one of these attempts failed. If anyone has it working, please let me know what we're doing wrong.

Until then, the update for the Lite version is out. All stages are now functional (though there is some strange stuff going on about when the game decides to give you the default stage, and when it gives you an alt).

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Until then, the update for the Lite version is out. All stages are now functional (though there is some strange stuff going on about when the game decides to give you the default stage, and when it gives you an alt).
You put it out?

Where can I download it? For testing purposes?

LordofSadFace

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4270-3394
Neat, the credits have been updated with the music of each stage, now i would really appreciate if the stages ids would be uploaded soon enough, i want to replace the 3 versions of the Suzaku Castles from the Wii U with the ones of 3ds, the Wii U ones cause an fps drop on my Wii

Sifalion

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, can someone tell me how to choose the "B" stages ? Btw, it's by far the best mod I ever played, Geno moveset is awesome! Great job devs.

Edit : Nevermind, I'm just really dumb, all I got to do was pressing A and B... Anyway, thanks again for this awesome mod guys, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:

iWater

Smash Rookie
Hey, Legacy XP 2.0 is being super laggy, but only when I'm in full screen. Any idea on how to fix this?

Edit: Literally 2 seconds later I realized that I wasn't on Open GL lol.

Last edited:

Oompa

Smash Rookie
Hello,
After a couple of tests on various stages, it looks like using Sonic's up B crashes legacy xp 2.0. My setup is on the wii homebrew method with a class 10 32Gb SD card.

JcFerggy

Smash Rookie
I have been playing the 2.0 build for the past week with my friends, and I would like to share some of our general thoughts on the mod.

First we really like the new characters (For the most part). I personally love how Geno and Shadow play. Having Young Link and Pichu return is fun to have, and I enjoy how they have been altered to show out. Mage Ganondorf and Ridley have been a blast to play, even if they do seem slightly overpowered. Metal Sonic and Lucina are interesting too, but I haven’t given them enough playtime yet. If I had to give any real negatives, one would be Dr. Mario’s cape. I really hate how the air stall pushes you backwards, and it continues to mess with me. The other thing I don’t quite like is the inclusion of Modern Ridley. Having two different movesets for the same character is just confusing (Dr Mario is a unique exception).

I really like how the Stage select has been broken up by source game, but my biggest complaint overall is just the number of options there are. I only play PM on my Wii, and the compression on the stage images makes it basically impossible to tell the difference between any of the alternative stages. The other thing is that most of the stage differences are too similar to other stages already available. Like I understand having legal alts on non-legal stages, but the amount of options are almost paralyzing. I just end up staring at the screen, overwhelmed with the number of options. It comes off feeling like this scene from Kitchen Nightmares https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFsRo7qEfTc

Along with that, there are several stages that are not optimized for play on the Wii. Most of them are Smash 4 stage ports, but it is still unfortunate to have major framerate issues when having a 1v1.

I think the best solution for this would to create a Wii build of the mod. One that trims the fat and restricts each stage slot to 2-4 options similar to how PM/TE handles it.

Legacy XP has the potential to be a wonderful spiritual successor to PM, but it is held back by giving its users too many options and a lack of polish. If you were to refine the quality of the mod, you would have something I wouldn’t second guess in playing. But currently I will continue to alternate between my personal TE build and XP 2.0.

Objectionable

Smash Rookie
I disagree with that last statement. I, myself have had no problems with the amount of stage choices available. All stage alts have a clear pattern across all stage slots (Y = Big version, Z = Omega version, L = Lite version, etc.), so I was never confused about what kind of stage I was going to get, even with the highly-compressed SSS pictures. Next, the issue of the quality of the mod. I'm not really sure what you mean by this, so if you could make that a bit more clear in a future response, that would be appreciated.

As you have said, there are a lot of stages. Over 800, in fact! As such, I have not been able to play on all of them just yet, but I can say that I have tried out all base stages. After my testing of the base stages, in 1v1's, just like you did, I only really experienced minor framerate drops on a few of the Sm4sh stages. Your suggestion to lower stage alts per slot on the Wii seems unreasonable at best, in my opinion. It isn't very fair to cut content from the version of the build that is the most authentic to play on; that being the Wii version. The only difference right now between the Wii and Dolphin versions is that Dolphin has higher quality textures. One could argue that most people will probably just play the dolphin version because of that one difference alone, but I would then argue that most people don't want to commit piracy just to get higher-quality textures.

I shall end this rebuttal with further examination of your first argument. The paragraph about the new characters. First of all, (And most inconsequentially,) I think you're supposed to reverse side-b doc's cape, pressing the direction away from the stage to get a boost toward it with the wind, followed by an up-b toward the stage. Next, your point about Ridley. Modern Ridley having a different moveset from classic make a lot of sense, in my opinion. Modern and Classic Ridley are different characters in a lot of ways, both in design and how they appear in their games, so it only makes sense that Modern Ridley would represent what he does in the modern Metroid games, and that Classic would represent the same for the classic installments. You could then say "Oh, but these are just the same character, but from different times! They should be more like Link and Young Link, being clones of each other where one (Modern) is slower and more powerful, and the other (Classic) is faster and weaker.". You do have a good point there, but what about Ganondorf and Mage Ganondorf? Same character, just from different times. And yet you yourself have commented not on it being confusing that there are two completely different Ganondorfs, but instead on how fun it is to play the second Ganondorf. Therefore, the only thing here that doesn't make sense... is the claim that having two Ridley's is somehow confusing. I would understand that point a bit better if the two Ridley's took up different CSS slots, but even that isn't the case.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I disagree with that last statement. I, myself have had no problems with the amount of stage choices available. All stage alts have a clear pattern across all stage slots (Y = Big version, Z = Omega version, L = Lite version, etc.), so I was never confused about what kind of stage I was going to get, even with the highly-compressed SSS pictures. Next, the issue of the quality of the mod. I'm not really sure what you mean by this, so if you could make that a bit more clear in a future response, that would be appreciated.

As you have said, there are a lot of stages. Over 800, in fact! As such, I have not been able to play on all of them just yet, but I can say that I have tried out all base stages. After my testing of the base stages, in 1v1's, just like you did, I only really experienced minor framerate drops on a few of the Sm4sh stages. Your suggestion to lower stage alts per slot on the Wii seems unreasonable at best, in my opinion. It isn't very fair to cut content from the version of the build that is the most authentic to play on; that being the Wii version. The only difference right now between the Wii and Dolphin versions is that Dolphin has higher quality textures. One could argue that most people will probably just play the dolphin version because of that one difference alone, but I would then argue that most people don't want to commit piracy just to get higher-quality textures.
I agree with this, but at the same time, offering a "Lite" build of XP would be a pretty good thing to have, especially for those seeking for hackless methods. Yes, there's Letterbomb, but as this thread showed, it doesn't always work. Not to mention those who own a Wii U and no regular Wii (like me because my Wii broke) are unable to use Letterbomb because it's been patched out in that specific console. So already, you're seeing a demographic who can't play the game; the ones who want to play it hackless on Wii U's Wii mode. Of course, getting Homebrew is in itself really easy, even on Wii U, but that's beside my point.

Then, while it's easy to understand what the different alt stages do after getting used to them, the stage previews are still doing a bad job at portraying what those different alts do due to a combination of the alt previews being really small and the actual full picture not being that huge to begin with. This isn't the devs' fault, however. I'm sure they tried their best to make it work under such a small space, but it still makes it feel pretty cramped, especially for someone playing XP for the first time on a smaller TV screen or even a computer screen through Dolphin (though the HD helps a bit for the latter). Not to mention the guide that explains what those alts do in the SSS only shows up about half of the time (the other half being shortcuts to some vanilla PM stages), but that's just me being nitpicky. :p

Also, 800+ stages, even if the vast majority is alts, can still easily overwhelm some. I know it overwhelmed me pretty well. And then there's the confusion factor, like trying to look for Corneria in the Melee section only to realize it's a Sector Z alt in the 64 section or other things like that. Even when properly organized, some stuff is still located in places that aren't where they should be. Of course, there's not a lot of situations like these, but it's still something that's there.

Having a lighter build that would have far less stages, a "Legacy XP Lite" of sorts, could be good idea to offer a build with all those great characters and having a much less overwhelming amount of stages. And since it would be an alternate build rather than the main one, it would ultimately be an additonal option to the main XP build rather than the only one, so those who want the full experience could still have that while those who want a more manageable roster of stages could have the possibility of having that.

I'm not saying your arguments are wrong though, just that I can see the reasoning in JcF's post because I do agree that a lighter build would be a pretty good thing to have. I've even seen some fans make that and personally tried someone's build on Dolphin that replaced the XP stages with TE's. The lower amount of stage options didn't kill the experience at all, especially since the main appeal of XP is the characters anyway.

Honestly, an officially-made "Lite" build could be something worth looking into, not just for those who feel overwhelmed by the hundreds of stages, but also those who want to try it only for the new characters without really caring much about the stages.

Last edited:

alzen

Smash Rookie
Hello, personally I like this mod quite a lot. Only problem for me is that the game hangs up randomly on the Wii. I've tried many ways to launch it. I tried CFG USB Loader, USBLoader GX, and so on.

At first I copied all files I was told to my SD card and because of often hang ups I deleted it after the first day. Currently I just copied codes to "codes" folder, LegacyXP to the root of my SD card and gameconfig to root of the SD card as well. It starts just perfect with USB Loader GX but still hangs up. I had the same situation with official USB Loader(based on CFG USB Loader) that was provided with the package.

In every case game hangs up in first 8 minutes of playing, about 12 minutes is maximum. Any way to solve it?

ps. is there any chance that it happens because I have not much left space on my SD card? Like 30mb left I guess? I doubt but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

ps2. just thought about it, maybe that's because I started LXP without having a save file and created it from LXP and not vanilla Brawl? TRIED WITH VANILLA BRAWL SAVE, STILL HANGS UP.

Last edited:

Hello World

Smash Rookie
Anyone have a movelist for each character I'd love to learn them more in depth thanks

Last edited:

Haxxe

Smash Rookie
Hi,
really love this mod, its amazing, buuuut...
there are some problems:
what about the "buggy" stages?
Some are just black and you can fight mostly normally, then there are some maps where you die instantly and the fight is over.
and it seems like that the map selection doesnt work properly, i pressed the right buttons before choosing the map or right after the a press but its loading the default map..

anyway, love it, especially lucina is awesome

Reani

Smash Rookie
Can ANYONE at all help me solve the 23915 Wiimmifi error from start to finish? Discord support is actively ignoring me, never even mentioned me and helping others. I would greatly appreciate it

Deadmeme_21

Smash Rookie
NNID
brianross42
3DS FC
1435-7673-1144
Why is nobody online?
My FC is 0564-3492-2889

Last edited:

Deadmeme_21

Smash Rookie
NNID
brianross42
3DS FC
1435-7673-1144
Is there a way you can make a completely original character slot? I mostly play Geno, but my smash records say R.O.B.

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Original Question:
Is there a way to launch the Legacy XP 2.0 Full [Wii] version on dolphin?

Found it! Answer:
Reddit Link

Update Edit:
Found this guide:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74757.0
...for using and sd raw of file size over 4GB

and this other guide:
http://afriendlyfox.com/2013/07/22/project-m-super-smash-bros-brawl-mod-on-the-dolphin-wii-emulator/

This will probably work for TE, not LXP
_______
Original Post:

Is there a way to launch the Legacy XP 2.0 Full [Wii] version on dolphin?
I swear I've done it before for Project M but I don't remember how.

On the top left of the example image, you can see I ran an older version of PM through GECKO OS on a PC via the status indicators (FPS, AMD, etc).
From this, however, I cannot recall the method nor see if the method is compatible with Legacy XP.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and how?
I definitely did not use an iso builder. I tried one just for kicks on PM3.6 and it was way too slow for how often I remember testing some mods for it.
(not the most conventional way to open smash, I'm sure)

Thanks @﹃ @

Screenshot (17).png

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Does it have to be that small? D:
Have you looked into this Virtual SD Mod?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=74757.0

LazerRex

Smash Rookie
Hey so I've tried to use all the download links with a 16GB SD card and am now trying a USB. I don't know if its the laptop I'm using or the sd card but when the download finishes it just say's untitled and isn't a folder or a text document. I have been trying to download since 2.0 came out. I've been so hyped for this release. Also what would be a good brick protector for a Wii

Playcube

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros Legacy Looks Nice:

I Love the Details of Young Link,Ridley and Shadow.

Young Link looks like a Twilight Princess Mod when you play as Child Link.

Ridley Looks More Realistic.

My Favorite Character:Shadow is here not a Assist Trophy any More

P.S. Did SSBU(Super Smash Bros Ultimate Took The Idea of Ridley Size in Legacy?
Just Let Me Know.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I notice that when I do random stage select, I end up getting a lot of stages I don't want like Hyrule Castle 64, Bowser's Castle, and Peach's Castle 64. Is there a way to prevent these stages from popping up when I can't deselect them in RSS or at least be able to only select 'Light' stages?

EDIT: Figured it out, I was either not holding L/Z whichever button I was supposed to press, or I was pressing Start instead of the A button on Random select.

Last edited:

Nathaniel cole

Smash Rookie
Any attack that has a shock affect is amplified and is very loud and sharp. For example mewtwos nair ,ness up b and wolf's laser and Falcons shine. How do I fix?

AriIris

Smash Rookie
Hi I have a couple of questions about Legacy XP, I downloaded the mod and it works perfectly in my Wii, even with a 4 class SD, the only stage that kills a couple of FPSs is the Riu's Stage, I don't remember the name.

The thing is, that I want to change some stages that me and my friends really don't liked, one of those was the GameBoy Clock Town, I manege to find it in the files, is the "STGEX16_X" so I downloaded the clock town stage "[PM 3.6] Clock Town (1:1 + SFF2 Version)" I named the .pac and .rel files with "STGEX16_X.pac" and "st_ex16_B.rel" I thinked that it was all I need to do, but when I try to load the stage, the game and wii freezes... My doubt is, I can replace stages? if the answer is yes, then, what I'm doing wrong? I haven't taste some other stages that I want to replace, some from green hill and gerudo valley... maybe, my files of clock town are corrupted?

The second thing is, I want to change some character costumes, I downloaded Shantae on zelda and manage to replace "red zelda" but when I open the sc_selcharacter.pac to change the portrite I noticed that some variants have active SharesData, I noticed this because I replaced the red zelda with the shantae portrite and the default zelda (131) also has changed, then I set to false the SharesData in all the zelda portrites, and save the .pac file. In game, shantae's portrait shows correctly, but some of the zelda's portrites are glitched, desplaced out of frame or cutted out, I inmediately asumed that it was the ShareData thing, or maybe the Format, In all the tutorials I see, it's used the CMPR Format for portrites, but in the Legacy build they are in CI8 Format, that confused me, at the end, I reopened my sc_selcharacter.pac file, and I found that the glitch it's not only in-game, almost all the zeldas portrites are glitched even inside the file in my PC, only the IDs 132 (where I put shantae) and the IDs 136 and 140 are fine... the rest of them are glitched, why?

I hope that someone can explain me and answer this questions, thanks in advance.
And I apologyse for my bad english.

alzen

Smash Rookie
Hmm, also a question from me, as I have too slow PC to play it I guess.

I run the game via this "drag brawl iso here" file, but I didn't create any shortcut or anything, just pressed Enter and got black terminal window, closed it, used shortcuts on dolphin folder manually.

I would like to know, did this script that you drag your iso to install anything on my PC? If yes, how can I remove it? If not - I assume I just need to delete the Legacy XP folder I made and - poof! - everything will be gone right?

And what about all these shaders etc. dolphin is compiling, they are also inside the Legacy XP folder?

I ask as I do not want to have any mess on my PC.

UltraMegaSuperWario

Smash Rookie
Is there any chance that there will be an ISO Builder for 2.0?

It would be so much more convenient because then it could be launched from anywhere, including WiiFlow, and we would be able to keep Legacy XP and Project M separate.

UltraMegaSuperWario

Smash Rookie
Also an ISO Builder would require fewer steps fiddling with SD cards that can get labyrinthine with things like Wiiflow installed and may not have enough space when emulating things like Nands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom