• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Yeah it has. Heard of the melee remastered mod build of project m?
yes melee remastered (now called Smash 2) more or less turns classic mode into adventure mode, (it does it to the best of its ability's at least)

NintenAce

Smash Rookie
I realize that this might not be the best place to ask but I have to ask...
WHEN IS SOON(TM)?!

Last edited:

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
Can this build be used with Project M BrawlEX template?

It seems like the new characters have their own SFX. Did you only replace the Boss SFX for them, or did you also share some soundbanks with other characters (i.e. Marth/Roy, Mewtwo/Lucario)?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
yes melee remastered (now called Smash 2) more or less turns classic mode into adventure mode, (it does it to the best of its ability's at least)
Actually it turned all star mode into melee adventure mode. Guess it's because of project m's all star versus in Smash mode.

spicywingz

Smash Rookie
Two questions:
1. assuming that the homebrew version exceeds 2gb, only things like stages will be removed right, and nothing related to characters?
2. will all star vs work right in this version?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Two questions:
1. assuming that the homebrew version exceeds 2gb, only things like stages will be removed right, and nothing related to characters?
2. will all star vs work right in this version?
Homebrew can take builds more than 2gb whilst hackless can't, so stages will probably get removed on hackless.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Monitoring this as it develops. Do you have animators doing continued work for characters? Fine tuned movements can add a lot of polish to characters that can otherwise look jarring compared to what's already in the game.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Monitoring this as it develops. Do you have animators doing continued work for characters? Fine tuned movements can add a lot of polish to characters that can otherwise look jarring compared to what's already in the game.
I think that none of the old characters will get touched, as for the new ones it depends on creator by creator

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
More characters? And I'm really not sure about Sm4sh stages, they lag like heck.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
i've been working with a team to make a build of project M EX and im hoping that..if metal sonic and geno can get in.. something like Hector, Chrom, maybe even Shadow could be a part of this.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
i've been working with a team to make a build of project M EX and im hoping that..if metal sonic and geno can get in.. something like Hector, Chrom, maybe even Shadow could be a part of this.
Is there a good Hector psa?

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

azzinothflame

Smash Rookie
So... will Project Ganondorf be added in Legacy? I mean, i see the logo at the end of the trailer, but in the description it says that they are unaffiliated. What does this exactly means?

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
So... will Project Ganondorf be added in Legacy? I mean, i see the logo at the end of the trailer, but in the description it says that they are unaffiliated. What does this exactly means?
Not made by the Legacy team, but will be included.

Tonythehero1234

Smash Rookie
is there a way to download this yet it says download for dolphin but when i click the image just gets bigger

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Not made by the Legacy team, but will be included.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, I don't see a spot for OOTGanon in the CSS. This could mean that they're both in the same slot too, and you change between them with L, but I'm not sure if they will change the normal PM Ganondorf for Sword Ganondorf...

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
More characters? And I'm really not sure about Sm4sh stages, they lag like heck.
the only smash 4 stage port that ever lagged for me was wrecking crew because of how big the stage is, all the other stages have very minimal lag, depending on how many characters are on screen

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I wouldn't be so sure about that, I don't see a spot for OOTGanon in the CSS. This could mean that they're both in the same slot too, and you change between them with L, but I'm not sure if they will change the normal PM Ganondorf for Sword Ganondorf...
It was announced there will be ongoing updates, so it could happen.
the only smash 4 stage port that ever lagged for me was wrecking crew because of how big the stage is, all the other stages have very minimal lag, depending on how many characters are on screen
Well, I prefer original stages for PM but keep all the retroes.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
It was announced there will be ongoing updates, so it could happen.
I'm sure they're at least considering it, otherwise the teaser at the end and the disclaimer in the description wouldn't be there. A single extra character would mess up the CSS, unless they replace "random". I'm curious how they will handle it

Did you test them on a Wii? And even then, minimal lag is no good. It doesn't help that I play almost exclusively 3-4 player free-for-all either. But it doesn't bother me, there are hundreds of stages I can play instead of the laggy ones

WorseDoughnut

Smash Rookie
Any characters we've added have been tweaked to better fit the style of the build, animations included.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
If this isn't meant to be tournament viable then is there any chance that there will be character changes in the future? I know you're not continuing PM, so I don't expect a bunch of balance stuff from older characters, but what about some of the character glitches that were meant to be fixed? Also, would you at least be open to some balancing of the new characters in the future, since they're kind of their own thing?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
There is, though it needed alot of work, and i've done my best to make it work. ill see if i have a vid of him somewhere. He goes over ike, so if youd like, you can test him out for yourself :) in case i dont find a video.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzBTZ40Cd6i5UlNLQVczUURreXc
my videos are outdated AF... ill try to make a new one
do you have a thread for hector? I would like to help out in anyway I can and I have a couple suggestions if you are open to them

is there a way to download this yet it says download for dolphin but when i click the image just gets bigger
it's not out yet

Last edited:

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
I'm highly curious about the custom characters and their movesets.
Were they added in as is or were they tweaked at all?

jokermelee

Smash Apprentice
So judging from the pure amount of new additions in this new modpack, I'm guessing that a 2gb SD card won't be enough to handle the Homebrew version with everything included, would upgrading to a 4gb SD be a better option or should I go bigger, and if I do get one of those would it be able to be used on a Wii?

Lil' Mike

Smash Rookie
Will this have the uncompleted characters from Brawl, like Isaac and knuckles. I think there are mods out there that have nearly finished their development

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Will this have the uncompleted characters from Brawl, like Isaac and knuckles. I think there are mods out there that have nearly finished their development
Do not speak of the forbidden project m four.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
So judging from the pure amount of new additions in this new modpack, I'm guessing that a 2gb SD card won't be enough to handle the Homebrew version with everything included, would upgrading to a 4gb SD be a better option or should I go bigger, and if I do get one of those would it be able to be used on a Wii?
I think Wii is able to support SDHC cards, but Brawl still has the 2GB limit. I think Letterbomb can load hackless Brawl mods without the 2GB restriction Smash Stack has.

Top Bottom