• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

RedCommunist

Smash Rookie
I'm so excited about this. I mean, just seeing Lucina in there was like "Yay" and so much about this is so cool.

fackmanjenkins

Smash Rookie
A question here . When it comes out , may I be able to run it from mi wii with USB loader GX ? I will be very happy if i could just use the .gct file and the pf folder to burn a ISO with the Ultimate SSBB Iso Builder.

Junior42O

Smash Rookie
A question here . When it comes out , may I be able to run it from mi wii with USB loader GX ? I will be very happy if i could just use the .gct file and the pf folder to burn a ISO with the Ultimate SSBB Iso Builder.
I mean if it worked on project m 3.6 I don't see why it wouldn't work on it

Olhi

Smash Cadet
I mean if it worked on project m 3.6 I don't see why it wouldn't work on it
From what I know, the ISO Builder doesn't work when BrawlEx is used.

It will still very probably work with USB Loader GX, though I recommend using the Configurable USB Loader instead, as GX might cause sound issues, as it did for me on vPM3.6

Wasabi_Skillz

Smash Rookie
Is the homebrew version going to be released within the month or is this like another codex hype thing?

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Pichu is playable right now in Melee. But seriously, just have some patience. Probably going over some quality checks to make sure all of these new characters work like they should.

Bob Saggot

Smash Rookie
I'm just hopeful they release it before too long cause the school year started and I just wanna get some good gaming in before thing get busy

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Well, I'm filling in the time till release with Brawl Minus. Wonderful mod, can't wait for 4.0.

Lord_Tacos

Smash Rookie
Stop rushing the developers, do you want a high quality mod that has time put into it or a low quality rushed one?

Bob Saggot

Smash Rookie
Stop rushing the developers, do you want a high quality mod that has time put into it or a low quality rushed one?
I mean, I'm just basing this off what I've seen that it looks pretty high quality already, though I'm sure there's still stuff they haven't shown like Retro Mode or even Project Ganon that are still being developed. It's understandable they wanna have this thing perfect upon release but part of me wishes they hadn't released the trailers til at most a few days before release. Call me unappreciative but the hype is killing me!

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I mean, I'm just basing this off what I've seen that it looks pretty high quality already, though I'm sure there's still stuff they haven't shown like Retro Mode or even Project Ganon that are still being developed. It's understandable they wanna have this thing perfect upon release but part of me wishes they hadn't released the trailers til at most a few days before release. Call me unappreciative but the hype is killing me!
I agree entirely. The mod looks super high quality, but I wish they had waited till like a week before release or something, because it's tough waiting for this mod, it's just so good!

Szion

Smash Journeyman
about that whole quality thing, they could just release it and patch it where things go wrong.

whenever i made hector updates or any other character i tried to keep those interested updated with hands-on content, there's no use in keeping it to myself unless it actually doesnt work.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
about that whole quality thing, they could just release it and patch it where things go wrong.

whenever i made hector updates or any other character i tried to keep those interested updated with hands-on content, there's no use in keeping it to myself unless it actually doesnt work.
As someone on the team, I'll ask you to please not presume the state of the project.

There are some noticeable issues with the project, some that aren't made as immediately obvious, due in no small part to the sheer amount of content on offer. I don't know what standards you hold your own material to, but some of us prefer to release something when we've addressed known issues.

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Is this also being released in conjuncture with the completion of the Smash 3/3C projects?

Olhi

Smash Cadet
When I play the Single Player Modes with Waluigi/Pit and OoT Ganondorf/Lucario/Mewtwo in their PM Mods, the results won't be saved. Will that apply here as well?
Can you reply to the question pls? :x

If the answer is yes, can you make it so that the BrawlEx Characters all share the same savefile? With Pit for example, as he is already the template of Ridley and Waluigi?

Gavinwie

Smash Rookie
Has there been any announcements on release dates? I know they are probably quality ensuring right now, but when I head "Releasing Soon" I had a few weeks in mind, not a month.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Has there been any announcements on release dates? I know they are probably quality ensuring right now, but when I head "Releasing Soon" I had a few weeks in mind, not a month.
its probably taking longer than they excepted to make sure everything worked how its supposed to

Szion

Smash Journeyman
As someone on the team, I'll ask you to please not presume the state of the project.

There are some noticeable issues with the project, some that aren't made as immediately obvious, due in no small part to the sheer amount of content on offer. I don't know what standards you hold your own material to, but some of us prefer to release something when we've addressed known issues.
I'm not presuming anything im just addressing the quality comment someone made, kindly drop the condescending attitude.

It's simply an if.

Last edited:

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
As I've said many times, I preffer better and later, not worse and sooner. So keep going, Legacy Team, I don't mind if you take a couple of additional months if you finally fulfill your ambicious task!

armyman12345

Smash Apprentice
I think you guys should've revealed this much later. The first 6 pages are "when is this coming out".

ProfessorWhiskey

Smash Rookie
I literally check this forum everyday to see if it has come out yet. The pristine freshness and detail that is being put into this mod is unreal man. :joyful:

D

Deleted member

What was the thought process behind the new additions?

I know why a certain four characters were excluded. But for example, why Metal Sonic over Shadow, who has much better mods out for him, and plays considerably differently from Sonic?

Also, I noticed you namedropped Project Ganondorf in the video's description. Are you decloning Dorf and using BGG's mod?

This is the classic case of having too much of a good thing. Classic Legacy was basically "PM done right", while this thing is "PM with a bunch of extra crap crammed in willy-nilly".
Except PM added 4 new characters and 4 new modes in 4.0, it's just most of those didn't see the light of day because they got shut down.

8 more characters ain't an issue really. I'll personally be swapping out the lamer choices like Lucina and Metal Sonic with Lyn and Knuckles for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
What was the thought process behind the new additions?

I know why a certain four characters were excluded. But for example, why Metal Sonic over Shadow, who has much better mods out for him, and plays considerably differently from Sonic?
For the metal sonic over shadow first off it's debatable about the quality, second of all there is someone actively working on metal sonic, unlike all the other shadow mods which have pretty much died. I also know that a lot of people complain about shadow to begin with but I really don't think that was a major factor

Top Bottom