• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

LordOfSquad

Smash Rookie
I've gotten a new lease on life from this mod by trying to run it on Dolphin instead of on my Wii. I didn't think it would work on my oldish computer but I was surprised to find it runs just fine once I dial the settings back to run at the Wii's native resolution. It hasn't even crashed for me, seems like the game just chugs a bit during situations that would crash a real Wii. So for anyone having trouble running it on their Wii, Dolphin might just surprise you! I'm sure that's common sense for some people around here, but I never thought to try it until the other day, so I thought I'd mention it.

Windows Defender is flagging the included Dolphin executables as containing trojans though. I looked into it and it seems like it's just a false positive that a few games are getting, but it'd be nice to hear from the devs about it.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I've gotten a new lease on life from this mod by trying to run it on Dolphin instead of on my Wii. I didn't think it would work on my oldish computer but I was surprised to find it runs just fine once I dial the settings back to run at the Wii's native resolution. It hasn't even crashed for me, seems like the game just chugs a bit during situations that would crash a real Wii. So for anyone having trouble running it on their Wii, Dolphin might just surprise you! I'm sure that's common sense for some people around here, but I never thought to try it until the other day, so I thought I'd mention it.

Windows Defender is flagging the included Dolphin executables as containing trojans though. I looked into it and it seems like it's just a false positive that a few games are getting, but it'd be nice to hear from the devs about it.
It comes up because we used a resource hacker to change the Dolphin icon to the LXP one. It's not a virus. :)

fanslink02

Smash Rookie
when I try to run the super smash bros legacy xp in the wii I get "error: cio222 / 223 v4 required for bca" and it does not take me and runs the game without the mod. what can I do to make it work?

LazerRex

Smash Rookie
Hey
So when i use the hackless method in your instructions, and i have clicked the letterbomb in my wii messages, the black coded screen shows up and it says boot.elf not detected and boot.dol not detected.
So can you give me the link to the boot.elf or dol
Huge fan of this mod.

navr00m

Smash Rookie
NNID
VoxOrion
Is there a way to do notap like in Legacy TE? Or am I just on my own to suffer with tap jump.

TheObsoletecomputer

Smash Rookie
So are the console version and the dolphin version different at all? I've been googling around and can't seem to find information about this issue I'm having. I'm running the homebrew version through USB Loader GX with ocarina codes and I can't seem to get the L-alt costumes to work. Also the character names on CSS appear like normal Project M instead of the cool character specific fonts I see when I load it in Dolphin.

-ZIN-

Smash Rookie
So are the console version and the dolphin version different at all? I've been googling around and can't seem to find information about this issue I'm having. I'm running the homebrew version through USB Loader GX with ocarina codes and I can't seem to get the L-alt costumes to work. Also the character names on CSS appear like normal Project M instead of the cool character specific fonts I see when I load it in Dolphin.
Which settings do you use with your USB Loader GX?

I recently got LXP to run on my wii since the loader was searching codes on the HDD and not on the SD card, but still crashes a lot, so I'm wondering if there's some settings i'm missing. I only have the ocarina turned on and AXNextFrame as hooktype.

DrownedCancer

Smash Rookie
I am unsure if this was reported, but in Legacy XP 2.0 Beta, The announcer call for Mewtwo and Roy are swapped around and the game will crash if Ridley and Mewtwo are in the same match. This was from a fresh download of 2.0 Beta and running on a wii that only has the homebrew channel on it

Last edited:

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
I'm having an issue with the dolphin build. I have done everything to set up Legacy XP in dolphin correctly, but when I run the WAD file, I can only get to the "The year is 20XP" screen before all I can see is a black screen. How do I fix this?

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I've been saying "this is fiiire" under my breath for the last few hours ive been playing.

This is beyond ridiculous

I'm not so sure im in love with metal sonics slidey, multihitting black shield, but that aside ALL of the newcomers feel great and the new animations everywhere are extremely welcome. Great stage organization even though im vanilla no sprinkles missionary only and play like 4 stages in vPM anyway and probably wont venture much of them.
Literally hoping every team member's Mother is extremely proud of them, and can see what they've released. 'Tis mothers day, don't forget even though LXP demands you stay in your basement playing it (or stealing everything and slapping the word cobalt in it)

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
It's a 6GB mod so I'm not sure that's even possible (although I'll admit I've never played with the hackless method so I don't know if it's changed any..)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Trying to play the Performance one on Dolphin, but I always get this.

upload_2018-5-13_17-32-32.png

... What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. Someone helped me on Discord.

Last edited:

Hyperstand

Smash Rookie
In Main menu of dolphin play update addons and exit. After I hit play dolphin the fps drops to 0 and stuck at black screen. my ssbb iso is default also idk what else to do i tried reinstalling both the setup and iso.

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
In Main menu of dolphin play update addons and exit. After I hit play dolphin the fps drops to 0 and stuck at black screen. my ssbb iso is default also idk what else to do i tried reinstalling both the setup and iso.
I have the same problem

Last edited:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I get a "Dolphin was unexpected at this time" error whenever I try to build the iso. Any tips?

SmashingAl

Smash Rookie
Downloaded XP (Wii) Zip file, extracted onto 64GB FAT32 SD card.
Booted up HBChannel and used the XP Launcher.
Brings up the XP Launcher Menu, press play.
Just loads normal Brawl.

What is going on?

miguelnuva

Smash Rookie
Love this game so far and the character additions are great. Are their any plans for Kunckles, Isaic and Lyn?

LordofSadFace

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4270-3394
Love this game so far and the character additions are great. Are their any plans for Kunckles, Isaic and Lyn?
I just read about how Knuckles and Lyn wont be in any pack like this because they were leaked content from Project M, and the ex-staff of PM ask the community to dont use them, they dont specified why in the topic i read it, but i guess is related to the Cease and Desist they recibed before from Nintendo

Theworstmaker

Smash Rookie
Brawl disc stopped working about a year ago and haven't tried going back for PM since. Is there a way to play this on a Wii without it? (some sort of guide, if possible?)

Cookie_Crumbs

Smash Rookie
NNID
oscarthewizird
Brawl disc stopped working about a year ago and haven't tried going back for PM since. Is there a way to play this on a Wii without it? (some sort of guide, if possible?)
There is absolutely a way to do that. You're going to need homebrew if you haven't installed that already. Next search for a program called "Usbloadergx" they have a guide on their site on what to do. Once you have that installed you'll need a (legal) iso and you'll be good to go.

Last edited:

Mikaro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7634 8665 5105
When I downloaded Legacy XP 2.0 full for dolphin, the folder wasn't like what it's supposed to be, theres no "insert brawl iso here" no LegacyXP.exe or anything like that. Any advice or help?

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
Help, I'm using Dolphin and the CSS crashes when I select Mage Ganondorf and Ridley

Strobenz

Smash Rookie
The game freezes when loading the CSS if I change the menu brstms. It worked fine with the brstms that came with the mod and it works with the original Brawl music...

Xaalyn barr

Smash Rookie
I have a question, I know you need homebrew but will I have to download PM before I can get this? Also what type of as card do I need to play this on the wii u?

Plz respond thx.

Arcane_

Smash Cadet
It's pretty great, Mage Ganondorf really portrays the character better than he is portrayed in any official smash game. All the stages are really well done too. One thing I noticed is that Mage Ganondorf doesn't have a final smash though. And what happened to retro mode? Also is the castlevania stage gone? Or did I just not see it?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty great, Mage Ganondorf really portrays the character better than he is portrayed in any official smash game. All the stages are really well done too. One thing I noticed is that Mage Ganondorf doesn't have a final smash though. And what happened to retro mode? Also is the castlevania stage gone? Or did I just not see it?
Mage does have a final smash.

Dashnevu

Smash Rookie
Me and another user are putting together a Lite hackless build that fits on a 2gb sd card without compromising the roster. We have an early version playable already.

Top Bottom