• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

SmashGibson

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me with the buffer issue please? I just want back the three frame buffer in project m options. If I can force it through the GCT when constructing it for Dolphin or anywhere else, if someone could tell me how to do that or send me the file, that'd be great.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
"First, I'd like to say how awesome this is. It's awesome, you guys did a great job. Second, for some reason, every time I download Legacy XP, I am unable to use it, because it is downloaded as an image (I think) instead of a file. I'm not sure if this is a computer issue or something with the links (I've tried the mirrors, same result). Thanks in advance!"

I had a problem downloading it too. I tried every link, and Winzip kept giving me the same errors. I finally came across "How to set up Legacy XP on your Wii!" youtube.com/watch?v=w8rdZjmH0Ig and it told me to download http://www.7-zip.org/

Sure enough that fixed it for me. Perhaps, it'll work for you too.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
Legacy XP is basically my favorite video game related thing on planet earth!!!!! I think it has so much potential! I have quiet a few requests for the possible future of this amazing mod. So this is my final and most updated request list.

You should port the rest of the characters in SSB4:
:4bayonetta2::4bowserjr::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit: :4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4ryu::4shulk::4villager::4wiifitm:
You should also add the following characters that people are working on or are finished:
W.I.P.
King K. Rool|Metal Face|Kraid
Finished
Dark Samus|Gray Fox|Bass|Sora|Shadow|Skull Kid|Lugia|Groudon|Zero|Wisp

Also: The "Alloy" characters should be playable.
You should port the rest of the SSB4 stages.
You should add the following costumes to the following characters:

Meta Knight:

Star|Nightmare|Karas|Dark Crimson|Cursed|Galaxia|Icy|Phazon|Chrysalis|Kaiser
Kirby:
Convexity|Duskull|Phazon|Sky|Spacial|Gold|Crystal

Mario:
Assassin|Knight
Luigi:
Assassin|Knight
Link:
Assassin|Zora|Phazon
Fox:
Red A2|Blue A2
R.O.B:
Ion|Ancient Minister
Bowser:
Phazon
King Dedede:
Star|Masked
Lucario:
Deoxys|Anubis|Metacyber
Snake:
Deadpool

p.s. if you could it would be nice to just have a phazon and dark variant of every character in the game... also adding more costume alternate for some of the new guys (Ridley and Geno to be specific) that would be cool 2.
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

If you are reading this than please show support for my suggestions by commenting on which ideas you like the most. Thank You​
YES! I just wish Legacy XP had all of the characters that PM EX had. Here's a few that I think should be in:

The main ones I miss are Cloud, Sephiroth (to go with Cloud), OoT/Phantom Ganon & Twilight/Sword Ganon (good for secret ALT PSA's at least), Ryu, Bomberman, and Isaac (Is it possible to buff Bomberman and Isaac up?)

Ken, Zack, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, could also be secret ALT's/PSA's at the very least. Black Shadow in particular feels like he should be a Falcondorf even moreso than Ganondorf, and then Ganondorf can be the Sword version with OoT as the ALT or vice versa.

I wouldn't mind Gray Fox, Skull Kid, Sora and Lara if they had decently strong attacks with good range/knockback (Lara has NONE it seems), but then if Lara was in I feel like Crash Bandicoot should be as well (Sony's main OG missing links from Playstation All Stars).

And for my hopeful wishing that'll probably never happen: I really like some of the DBZ movesets as well, like the new Goku, Majin Vegeta, LSSj/LSSj3 Broly, and Kid Buu (with Super Buu/Buuhan/Frieza alts...and then maybe have an alt for SSj4 Gogeta,Omega Shenron, SSjG/SSjB Goku/Vegeta, Beerus, Cell, Hercule, Vegito (SSj1+SSjB if possible), Ultimate Gohan, and maybe Piccolo. I've also seen Teen Gohan SSj2, Yajarobe, Roshi, the Androids). Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this.

There's one more moveset that I feel like goes perfect against Giga Bowser: The T-Rex. Everyone LOVES the T-Rex. Perfect Boss Alt for Yoshi. Imagine how much funner the game would be with these...

and then old school OP Metal Mario, Dark Link (improved if possible), Galactga Knight, Fiece Diety over Young/Toon Link, Raichu, Mega Charizard/Metwo/Lucario, could all be those boss ALT PSA forms. Imagine if all or most had these boss ALT forms! AMAZING! wOAH!

And before I forget, has anyone ever considered that maybe the ALT Giga Bowser should GROW even larger with the Final Smash? BEHOLD, GOD OF THE KOOPAS!

I'd greatly appreciate it if you guys would give me feedback.

I just want to say I really think the layouts and organization of everything, in addition to new modes and such are all beautiful and fantastic additions, and with those 700+ stages, this is definitely my favorite. I haven't had this much fun in Smash in a long time.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
YES! I just wish Legacy XP had all of the characters that PM EX had. Here's a few that I think should be in:

The main ones I miss are Cloud, Sephiroth (to go with Cloud), OoT/Phantom Ganon & Twilight/Sword Ganon (good for secret ALT PSA's at least), Ryu, Bomberman, and Isaac (Is it possible to buff Bomberman and Isaac up?)

Ken, Zack, Black Shadow, Dark Samus, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, could also be secret ALT's/PSA's at the very least. Black Shadow in particular feels like he should be a Falcondorf even moreso than Ganondorf, and then Ganondorf can be the Sword version with OoT as the ALT or vice versa.

I wouldn't mind Gray Fox, Skull Kid, Sora and Lara if they had decently strong attacks with good range/knockback (Lara has NONE it seems), but then if Lara was in I feel like Crash Bandicoot should be as well (Sony's main OG missing links from Playstation All Stars).

And for my hopeful wishing that'll probably never happen: I really like some of the DBZ movesets as well, like the new Goku, Majin Vegeta, LSSj/LSSj3 Broly, and Kid Buu (with Super Buu/Buuhan/Frieza alts...and then maybe have an alt for SSj4 Gogeta,Omega Shenron, SSjG/SSjB Goku/Vegeta, Beerus, Cell, Hercule, Vegito (SSj1+SSjB if possible), Ultimate Gohan, and maybe Piccolo. I've also seen Teen Gohan SSj2, Yajarobe, Roshi, the Androids). Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this.

There's one more moveset that I feel like goes perfect against Giga Bowser: The T-Rex. Everyone LOVES the T-Rex. Perfect Boss Alt for Yoshi. Imagine how much funner the game would be with these...

and then old school OP Metal Mario, Dark Link (improved if possible), Galactga Knight, Fiece Diety over Young/Toon Link, Raichu, Mega Charizard/Metwo/Lucario, could all be those boss ALT PSA forms. Imagine if all or most had these boss ALT forms! AMAZING! wOAH!

And before I forget, has anyone ever considered that maybe the ALT Giga Bowser should GROW even larger with the Final Smash? BEHOLD, GOD OF THE KOOPAS!

I just want to say I really think the layouts and organization of everything, in addition to new modes and such are all beautiful and fantastic additions, and with those 700+ stages, this is definitely my favorite. I haven't had this much fun in Smash in a long time.
Lmao add them yourself

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326

Kinda wish David would make a user-friendly template for adding characters.

XxProMLG420xX

Smash Rookie
Hi. I've installed legacy XP on my Wii. But when I launch the game it freezes at the CSS Screen. The Legacy XP app also says that addons aren't correctlt installed. What can I do?

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
Hi. I've installed legacy XP on my Wii. But when I launch the game it freezes at the CSS Screen. The Legacy XP app also says that addons aren't correctlt installed. What can I do?
when exactly does it give you the message about add-ons? when you boot into the game? are you sure it's booting PM and not brawl?

Gouloudrouioul

Smash Rookie
I tried everything to make it work with usbloader, or cfg, but i have a black screen right after I launch it. It doesn't even load. I did put my .gct files in a code folder. I also did rename the gc.txt file gameconfig.txt. I have my ocarina code activated. I did change the hookshot to AXnextframe... I don't know what to do anymore, i want to play this so bad ! D:

I have a SDCH card of 8gb by the way.

Help !!

B33fjerky123

Smash Rookie
It works perfectly until i try to shoot a fireball as Mario, than it crashes immediately every time

HyperLink

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me with the buffer issue please? I just want back the three frame buffer in project m options. If I can force it through the GCT when constructing it for Dolphin or anywhere else, if someone could tell me how to do that or send me the file, that'd be great.
I think you gotta disable the Wiimmfi addon to get that option back cuz I don't think it's compatible with the buffer option.

Where is the Hackless Version?​
not out yet
There's actually a Hackless method to load the mod (Letterbomb) but you'll still need an 8-32GB SD card to get it to work.
Here's the updated guide:
http://tinyurl.com/LXPGuide

I tried everything to make it work with usbloader, or cfg, but i have a black screen right after I launch it. It doesn't even load. I did put my .gct files in a code folder. I also did rename the gc.txt file gameconfig.txt. I have my ocarina code activated. I did change the hookshot to AXnextframe... I don't know what to do anymore, i want to play this so bad ! D:

I have a SDCH card of 8gb by the way.

Help !!
The USB Loader guide was added to the ReadMe here: http://tinyurl.com/LXPGuide

It works perfectly until i try to shoot a fireball as Mario, than it crashes immediately every time
That'll hopefully be fixed for the next version. It appears to be a problem with the clone engine modules but we'll try our best to fix it.

hey, dont know if anyone has reported it yet, but ridley is pretty broken. Like, seriously, look at this 0 to death combo. Idk if this is a competitive or balanced modpack (it's pretty cool at least) but if you are gonna keep updating it, maybe you should balance ridley a bit lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzoepnNGhSc&feature=youtu.be
Oh, we're well aware and all I can say is: wait for it ;)

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
hi guys and legacy team, it´s Gojilujah again :)

there´s always been a big question to me, maybe someone here can help me with that and explain how it´s done.

the alternate team colors PM or Legacy added to their characters like tp link and oot link, tp ganon and oot ganon, bowser and his dry bowser alts, mario and dr. mario..... how is it possible to add these xtra team color slots to the game?? I really dunno how, is it per code? or did sb edit the .pac files so its possible?

besides, there´s another thing with the char_bust_tex_lz77.pac from legacy xp. the file size is incredible small and even in CI8, how did you guys do that? I tried it myself but every time I swapped the csps, the size changed. I know it has sth to do with the sharing data thing thats on the right in the window, but it reset´s all the time when I import a new texture.
help here would be also very great! :)
EDIT dropbox link added with pic of the char_bust_tex

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yvextf933i0hwq/dk.png?dl=0

and one last thing, there was a post a while ago about this costume for metaknight
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212102
but the file is deleted, does it still exist somewhere or has it sb?

- Gojilujah

Last edited:

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
sadly smashboards won´t let me load up the pic about the char_bust_tex_lz77 thing I mentionend....

note, earlier post edited

Last edited:

Mario49

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariomario494949
3DS FC
1547-5204-5038
Hey, been having some trouble when playing as Geno so I went to check his hit boxes and What I found was pretty astounding.
http://imgur.com/a/1vqyl
His grab box can compete with Melee low tiers and the hitbox for his down B doesn't correspond with the beams
There are other hitbox improvements he needs but I'm just suggesting that maybe he should get a buff for the next XP update :)

Szion

Smash Journeyman
Hey, been having some trouble when playing as Geno so I went to check his hit boxes and What I found was pretty astounding.
His grab box can compete with Melee low tiers and the hitbox for his down B doesn't correspond with the beams
There are other hitbox improvements he needs but I'm just suggesting that maybe he should get a buff for the next XP update :)
honestly geno's a mess for balance and hitboxes...

Serfrost

Smash Rookie
I realize this is probably late, but why are the Character changes / descriptions for the project removed from the website?

It's hard to get an idea for the real differences when we're linked to this post and we don't have any information regarding the characters themselves. ("Preview coming soon.")

HyperLink

Smash Rookie
hi guys and legacy team, it´s Gojilujah again :)

there´s always been a big question to me, maybe someone here can help me with that and explain how it´s done.

the alternate team colors PM or Legacy added to their characters like tp link and oot link, tp ganon and oot ganon, bowser and his dry bowser alts, mario and dr. mario..... how is it possible to add these xtra team color slots to the game?? I really dunno how, is it per code? or did sb edit the .pac files so its possible?

besides, there´s another thing with the char_bust_tex_lz77.pac from legacy xp. the file size is incredible small and even in CI8, how did you guys do that? I tried it myself but every time I swapped the csps, the size changed. I know it has sth to do with the sharing data thing thats on the right in the window, but it reset´s all the time when I import a new texture.
help here would be also very great! :)
EDIT dropbox link added with pic of the char_bust_tex

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yvextf933i0hwq/dk.png?dl=0

and one last thing, there was a post a while ago about this costume for metaknight
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=212102
but the file is deleted, does it still exist somewhere or has it sb?

- Gojilujah
1- LXP doesn't really make use of the same alt team color codes PM used for a secondary team color set like OoT Link and such, but instead it used PyotrLuzhin's Smash 4 styled team outlines which allows picking any recolor for any team. On the other hand, if you wanna try adding another team color the same way they did it in PM, you can follow this guide.

2- You hit the nail on the head. LXP's CSPs used the shared data method to save a ton of space while still keeping good texture quality. Now the catch is that CSPs have to be the exact same renders but different recolors to allow sharing, but if that's not the case, you can disable sharing for the new ones and it would still work but it'll make the file bigger. If you want to learn how to use the shared data method, here's a guide.

3- If you want to get faster replies and potentially more help, you could join the Legacy discord server and mention @Support

I take it no Legacy XP Lite yet?
Not yet, but we'll see what we can do about that. I think I mentioned it already but the only reason we were planning to make a Lite version was so that it works in Hackless Wiis, but we already found a way by using Letterbomb which you can read about in the LXP Official guide. Also, the reason why we're hesitant about making a lite version is that the term "XP Lite" itself seems oxymoronic/contradictory, since XP stands for eXPansion.

Passed the info to the Geno devs. Thanks for the info!

I realize this is probably late, but why are the Character changes / descriptions for the project removed from the website?

It's hard to get an idea for the real differences when we're linked to this post and we don't have any information regarding the characters themselves. ("Preview coming soon.")
Don't worry, we're planning to have more detailed descriptions and changelogs about the characters for the next release.

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
1- LXP doesn't really make use of the same alt team color codes PM used for a secondary team color set like OoT Link and such, but instead it used PyotrLuzhin's Smash 4 styled team outlines which allows picking any recolor for any team. On the other hand, if you wanna try adding another team color the same way they did it in PM, you can follow this guide.

2- You hit the nail on the head. LXP's CSPs used the shared data method to save a ton of space while still keeping good texture quality. Now the catch is that CSPs have to be the exact same renders but different recolors to allow sharing, but if that's not the case, you can disable sharing for the new ones and it would still work but it'll make the file bigger. If you want to learn how to use the shared data method, here's a guide.

3- If you want to get faster replies and potentially more help, you could join the Legacy discord server and mention @Support

Not yet, but we'll see what we can do about that. I think I mentioned it already but the only reason we were planning to make a Lite version was so that it works in Hackless Wiis, but we already found a way by using Letterbomb which you can read about in the LXP Official guide. Also, the reason why we're hesitant about making a lite version is that the term "XP Lite" itself seems oxymoronic/contradictory, since XP stands for eXPansion.

Passed the info to the Geno devs. Thanks for the info!

Don't worry, we're planning to have more detailed descriptions and changelogs about the characters for the next release.

thank you so much man :)))))!!! and yeah of corse I ´ll join legacys discord server ;)

link on 2. is broken :(
no chance of viewing the shared file thread.....

Last edited:

Puzzled

Smash Rookie
no chance of viewing the shared file thread.....
It looks like the formatting got messed up and an extra character was added to the end of the url, this is what it should have been. However you'll find that within the thread there are broken download links so here is my copy of the ColorSmash tool mentioned in it. There's other broken downloads, but the tools within them were optional and you wouldn't need them if you wanted to replicate what was done in LXP.

Gojilujah

Smash Cadet
It looks like the formatting got messed up and an extra character was added to the end of the url, this is what it should have been. However you'll find that within the thread there are broken download links so here is my copy of the ColorSmash tool mentioned in it. There's other broken downloads, but the tools within them were optional and you wouldn't need them if you wanted to replicate what was done in LXP.

thanks a lot :)
I´ll look it up soon when I got time

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm trying to play Legacy XP good and proper, but it's going a bit slow for me. How does one go about fixing this issue?

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Odd question incoming. I already have Configurable USB Loader & Homebrew Channel on my modded Wii. It stopped reading discs, so this was the only solution to continue to be able to play the games I paid for.

My question is, I thought the Wii wasn't compatible with SD cards larger than 4gb, but the files are 4.2gb in size roughly. Does the custom IOS come default with the capability to read a 16gb SDHC card now? Because, that's the only SD card I own that would be large enough to try to play this on.

I'm at work right now, otherwise I'd just try. Wondering if any of you has the information off-hand.

Thank you

Xander180

Smash Rookie
Literally made an account just to ask about this. And I apologize if this has already been addressed. But for starters, the game gets choppy in the menus, but not during gameplay. Also, my controller configs don't save after closing the game and reopening. Finally, the game will randomly crash during matches. Like they're super inconsistent so I can't really figure out the issue with that.

Athurcaounet

Smash Rookie
Hello !
I have tried to launch Ssb Legacy TE (and Ssb Legacy M 3.6) on my pal Wii with USB Loader, but when I start the game there is only a black screen and the game doesn't start.Please help me, I really want to play the game.

Peter Gambino

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to get the alt L costumes to load for some reason, I got them to load once but that's it any reason as to why?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I have a question about legacy xp, can you use a micro sd card and adapter for hackless?
Hey, I'm trying to play Legacy XP good and proper, but it's going a bit slow for me. How does one go about fixing this issue?
Odd question incoming. I already have Configurable USB Loader & Homebrew Channel on my modded Wii. It stopped reading discs, so this was the only solution to continue to be able to play the games I paid for.

My question is, I thought the Wii wasn't compatible with SD cards larger than 4gb, but the files are 4.2gb in size roughly. Does the custom IOS come default with the capability to read a 16gb SDHC card now? Because, that's the only SD card I own that would be large enough to try to play this on.

I'm at work right now, otherwise I'd just try. Wondering if any of you has the information off-hand.

Thank you
Literally made an account just to ask about this. And I apologize if this has already been addressed. But for starters, the game gets choppy in the menus, but not during gameplay. Also, my controller configs don't save after closing the game and reopening. Finally, the game will randomly crash during matches. Like they're super inconsistent so I can't really figure out the issue with that.
I have a minor issue. How do I get the banners to show in Dolphin? The banners for Legacy and the launcher won't show, and the launcher itself doesn't have a region or an ID even though I saw it work fine for other people. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just a Mac issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbmds1h7pe13uke/Legacy Issue.png?dl=0
I downloaded the dolphin version but it runs WAY TO SLOW. What do I do?
I can't seem to get the alt L costumes to load for some reason, I got them to load once but that's it any reason as to why?
I recommend going to our Discord as we have dedicated support for Legacy XP there. http://discord.gg/legacy

Hello !
I have tried to launch Ssb Legacy TE (and Ssb Legacy M 3.6) on my pal Wii with USB Loader, but when I start the game there is only a black screen and the game doesn't start.Please help me, I really want to play the game.
As I mentioned to you on the TE thread, I'd recommend going to our Discord server for Legacy TE support. http://discord.gg/legacy

Hardboned

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
HARD#272
So I'm on Dolphin, do you have a code that unlocks all of the content in the game? Trying to play other things like All-Star mode

Totib1

Smash Rookie
I need some help, I don't know if it's just me, but the resolution for the stage previews (where you see tge alts) is really low in legacy XP 2.0b. I would be useful to know if that's the way it is, or if it's a problem on my end.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I need some help, I don't know if it's just me, but the resolution for the stage previews (where you see tge alts) is really low in legacy XP 2.0b. I would be useful to know if that's the way it is, or if it's a problem on my end.
Probably because of the file size limit the stage select screen has.

Top Bottom