• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Just as a suggestion, could you add Isaac? He's such an underrated character from an underrated game and he would provide a very fresh move set compared to the rest of the cast.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Just as a suggestion, could you add Isaac? He's such an underrated character from an underrated game and he would provide a very fresh move set compared to the rest of the cast.
http://kotaku.com/the-smash-community-is-chaos-right-now-1746040568
https://www.facebook.com/Mewtwo2000/posts/724185831014518?_rdr=p
https://twitter.com/MrRyanMorrison/status/671943222848069632
I do not want to continue on saying why PMCC content not released as unofficial additions for PMM 3.6 are forbidden.

waffulz

Smash Rookie
Blame people keeping asking the same damn question or etc.
i mean you don't have to go out of your way to respond to these questions since you said you don't want to. someone else will eventually

Last edited:

waffulz

Smash Rookie
also I feel like there should be a standalone thread for discussions like this instead of blowing up other people's.

SilentZeroX

Smash Rookie
Since you guys are open to suggestions, I have something of a question/request...

What's the Lucario situation? Is he more or less untouched from Project M? If so, would it be possible to add in Brawl Lucario as a sort of alt? Like, I understand the general design principle behind Project M Lucario, but they also changed how a lot of his moves worked. As a Brawl Lucario main... I actually didn't like Project M Lucario that much. The two just felt way too different.

So would what I said be possible/reasonable? I understand that it isn't as easy as copy-and-pasting code over from Brawl (trust me, I do), but could it be done?

And as a sort of aside, where does the input buffering sit in this mod? Brawl had 10 frames, while Project M had 0 frames with an option for 3. Would it be possible to add 10 in as a separate option?

I know I'm asking a lot, here, and I am sorry about that.

On the "hey, you guys are doing things right!" side, it's awesome that you guys added Young Link back in. It's even better that you gave him the Razor Sword and Hero's Shield. Seriously, this mod looks incredible. You guys are awesome.

Lil' Mike

Smash Rookie
this is literally a disorganized cluster**** of random mods fueled the childish desire of "more, more, more!"

i love it

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
For those wanting the forbidden four, why not find a different moveset?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
For those wanting the forbidden four, why not find a different moveset?
Yep with those already on brawl vault and then edit the movesets to have wave dashing and etc., as well make the character models fit in Project M if you can. But you'll have no luck on finding a version of Sami. (No Sami models or work on her from other modders not associated with the former PMDT and that *redacted because I don't want to talk about that build* on Brawl Vault (ALM5252's PMEX build: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211526 couldn't have Sami as well as the others, and he replaced her with a Metroid Federation Soldier with an edited Snake moveset alongside a Jigglypuff based Knuckles, Marth based Lyn, Pit based Issac)

superpudding

Smash Rookie
as a suggestion, extra extra stages could be a separate download similar to the music in legacy so that file size is less of an issue.

superpudding

Smash Rookie
The PM movesets are untouched. Only the newcomers have had their movesets and animations created/tweaked to fit the feel of the rest of the build.
actually it is stated in a reply on the website that some characters are edited in some way but i'm not sure who

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Yes, but given that you guys are risking copyright infringement simply by making this, I don't see why you guys can't add Isaac simply because the PMDT started doing a bit of development for him. If you guys are going to add Metal Sonic, then I think Isaac isn't too much to ask. You're not Evolution. That doesn't mean Nintendo couldn't sue your asses off if they wanted too. I think my request if fair, but if you guys aren't going to add a severely underrated character because a defunct dev team started doing a bit of development on said character, then that's just wrong. You can cite legal reasons, but you guys are still infringing by adding the 8 characters you are, so why not one more?

superpudding

Smash Rookie
assuming t
Yes, but given that you guys are risking copyright infringement simply by making this, I don't see why you guys can't add Isaac simply because the PMDT started doing a bit of development for him. If you guys are going to add Metal Sonic, then I think Isaac isn't too much to ask. You're not Evolution. That doesn't mean Nintendo couldn't sue your ***** off if they wanted too. I think my request if fair, but if you guys aren't going to add a severely underrated character because a defunct dev team started doing a bit of development on said character, then that's just wrong. You can cite legal reasons, but you guys are still infringing by adding the 8 characters you are, so why not one more?
assuming this uses pmex, it is not impossible to put them in yourselves.

Last edited:

Yalung

Smash Cadet
Lucina's being added, so that means there's hope of more Smash 4 characters?

Will you add the finished Cloud and Shulk PSAs when they're released?

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
But wait, how would the custom CSS work with added in characters from the user? Would it glitch up due to it not being the rectangle style it always used to be?
Good question, I'm sure It'll work fine. I'm personally just adding one more character in my copy. I just wouldn't mess with the GCT if you want to avoid glitch problems.

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
Could you include a txt file that points out which every file that contains which mod is which? It'll make it much easier for anyone for their personal build.

LiveWire-93

Smash Cadet
How do you go about adding PM EX characters to a build of PM?
There's a guide on this very site explaining how to add characters using Brawl EX. I can't really link it at this time, but I would suggest googling "Adding Characters with Brawl EX."

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I very rarely post, but came here to say that this looks great! Adding characters cleanly to the CSS is pretty harrowing and it's awesome to see a pack of high quality characters and stages in the works. Definitely looking forward to it! If you need any help that a random Joe can do then le me know!

Olhi

Smash Cadet
there probably is some problems with trying to play it due to the new characters (like before PM 3.5)
That's a pity. But I guess it can't be helped. Is it possible to create a Custom ISO that contains only the Subspace Emissary to compensate?

Is there going to be a Melee Adventure Mode included?
While I don't like the idea of trying to recreate the adventure mode, I totally think Giga Bowser should be the final boss in All-Star mode, preceded by Wario and Waluigi on Melee's Battlefield with the Metal Battle Theme. At least that will be the case in my copy.

Also, I have a question about Kirby: Will he have a hat for every extra character? And how many costumes will he have?

Ander

Smash Cadet
Why isn't it tournament-viable? Aren't the new characters balanced for the rest of the PM cast?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hey, guess what's back? Even the newcomers can taste it. Cheers to Cynapse and Scout for most of the other costumes!

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I cannot wait for release. I'd also like to apologize to Shren for my distasteful and rude comment. Sorry about that.

Top Bottom