• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
How can I select the B versions of stages? When I try it, it either puts me back at the CSS or just loads the normal version of that stage.
"NOW comes the fun part. Every stage slot has several versions of it that can be selected by holding certain buttons right after pressing and holding
" Hold :GCA: and THEN hold :GCB:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
How can I select the B versions of stages? When I try it, it either puts me back at the CSS or just loads the normal version of that stage.
Hold B immediately after pressing start.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
So uuuuh, about these alternate soundtracks for the alt stages. I have it working in my build using a different (jank) method... might someone provide me with some tutelage so that I might adopt the use of this much more efficient method into my own personal build? I notice the SFC is... a lot different than the version in wiiztecs thread.

ZeusLink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
U wot m8?
3DS FC
1010-0010-0100
Is it possible to go into omega (Z) stages with a classic controller? I can't seem to find a substitute for the Z button on it besides the ZR and ZL buttons and they don't seem to do the job.

Gabryel D.

Smash Rookie
Okay so I am new to this discord tjing and it should be easy right? Well it seems to give me problems. I can't connect with the server. I need a Discordtag and I don't have it. Anybody here kind enough to lend me a hand in this? And also, are there any new updates to Legacy Xp?

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
A secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Does anyone know what the character IDs are for the eight new characters?
Okay so of what I have seen while looking through the files is this:

There are 2 doctor mario files... one is named doctormario and the other is Mario-Doctor...
Doctor Mario: Fighter00 and Fighter7B?

Waluigi: Fighter2A
Young Link: Fighter3F
Metal Sonic: Fighter4A
Lucina: Fighter4B
Pichu: Fighter41
Ridley: Fighter43
Geno: Fighter48

Hope this helps!

jaystring

Smash Ace

There are 2 doctor mario files... one is named doctormario and the other is Mario-Doctor...

Hope this helps!
both dr mario are for PSA dr mario and PM dr mario (mario clone but with pills visual and FX) as L-load.

if I remember correctly

doctormario = the PSA
Mario-Doctor = PM dr mario

D34D5H0T

Smash Rookie
A secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Legacy XP is basically my favorite video game related thing on planet earth!!!!! I think it has so much potential! I have quiet a few requests for the possible future of this amazing mod. So this is my final and most updated request list.

You should port the rest of the characters in SSB4:
:4bayonetta2::4bowserjr::4cloud::4corrin::4darkpit: :4duckhunt::4greninja::4littlemac::4megaman::4pacman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4ryu::4shulk::4villager::4wiifitm:
You should also add the following characters that people are working on or are finished:
W.I.P.
King K. Rool|Metal Face|Kraid
Finished
Dark Samus|Gray Fox|Bass|Sora|Shadow|Skull Kid|Lugia|Groudon|Zero|Wisp

Also: The "Alloy" characters should be playable.
You should port the rest of the SSB4 stages.
You should add the following costumes to the following characters:

Meta Knight:

Star|Nightmare|Karas|Dark Crimson|Cursed|Galaxia|Icy|Phazon|Chrysalis|Kaiser
Kirby:
Convexity|Duskull|Phazon|Sky|Spacial|Gold|Crystal

Mario:
Assassin|Knight
Luigi:
Assassin|Knight
Link:
Assassin|Zora|Phazon
Fox:
Red A2|Blue A2
R.O.B:
Ion|Ancient Minister
Bowser:
Phazon
King Dedede:
Star|Masked
Lucario:
Deoxys|Anubis|Metacyber
Snake:
Deadpool

p.s. if you could it would be nice to just have a phazon and dark variant of every character in the game... also adding more costume alternate for some of the new guys (Ridley and Geno to be specific) that would be cool 2.
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

If you are reading this than please show support for my suggestions by commenting on which ideas you like the most. Thank You​

Last edited:

LordOfSquad

Smash Rookie
I hope they're focusing more on stabilizing and cleaning up what's already in there, rather than cramming more content in. What good is such a fantastic mod if it freezes every other battle?

jaystring

Smash Ace
I hope they're focusing more on stabilizing and cleaning up what's already in there, rather than cramming more content in. What good is such a fantastic mod if it freezes every other battle?
most of the crashes are because of BrawlEx I think.

FX ef_files loading confusion from clone vs the character it's based on and kirby hats loading are 2 big crashing issues with BrawlEx that all BrawlEx build have, including Legacy XP.

I really really hope someone get to fix those at some point because it's preventing all BrawlEx build from been stable.

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
Hey, could there possibly be a version of LXP with the Smash 3 recolors? Something like this: http://imgur.com/a/4xj8o
Here's the thread with the recolors: https://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-all-characters-released.340807/
What I mean is that the model doesn't change (except Wario of course) and only changes colors, no glasses, just colors.
(There's a version for Waluigi and Geno too, as Smash 3C) and the rest... well for me it doesn't matter.
(EDIT: added more character examples in the imgur)

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace

Hope this helps!
I managed to successfully add Geno and Pichu to my personal build. However, I'm having trouble with adding Waluigi. I found his fighter 2A file in CSSSlotConfig and FighterConfig, but I couldn't find any 2A file in CosmeticConfig or SlotConfig. When I try loading him in-game, it just has Mario's portraits and crashes upon loading a stage. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Nevermind, got him working now.

Last edited:

DededeBasis

Smash Rookie
First, I'd like to say how awesome this is. It's awesome, you guys did a great job. Second, for some reason, every time I download Legacy XP, I am unable to use it, because it is downloaded as an image (I think) instead of a file. I'm not sure if this is a computer issue or something with the links (I've tried the mirrors, same result). Thanks in advance!

thepianoman3

Smash Rookie
First of all, thank you for all the hard work by the devs to get this out there.

I have successfully installed legacy xp 2.0 on my wii via homebrew channel. Everything seems to work well, with the exception of the occasional crash, and--- I cannot select a stage. It forces me to choose random. I may be missing the obvious (this is a feature of the mod?), but I've re-downloaded the files twice and the same thing happens. I select characters fine, then when the stage selection screen comes up, nothing. The cursor is frozen on the "random" option. What am I missing here? Sorry if it's something completely obvious, new to this.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
First of all, thank you for all the hard work by the devs to get this out there.

I have successfully installed legacy xp 2.0 on my wii via homebrew channel. Everything seems to work well, with the exception of the occasional crash, and--- I cannot select a stage. It forces me to choose random. I may be missing the obvious (this is a feature of the mod?), but I've re-downloaded the files twice and the same thing happens. I select characters fine, then when the stage selection screen comes up, nothing. The cursor is frozen on the "random" option. What am I missing here? Sorry if it's something completely obvious, new to this.
The d-pad is disabled on the stage select screen due to the new alts added in Legacy. Try moving the cursor with the control stick instead.

SmashGibson

Smash Rookie
How do i add back in the 3 frame buffer that used to be in options in project m? If i can edit something please tell me how (gct by editing text file). I use dolphin version

Ps requesting dr mario be much floatier but retain thr same weight. He feels bad but im really enjoying this just wish there was that buffer especially for dacus

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
So how do I select omega stages with a classic controller?
I tried both ZR and ZL individually and at the same time but nothing, please make it a thing in full version.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
So how do I select omega stages with a classic controller?
I tried both ZR and ZL individually and at the same time but nothing, please make it a thing in full version.
Use a nunchuck for the time being.

Matty89

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hydra89
Wish someone would fix bugs in 3.6 and just release it no post about it or nothing. Just put it out there. Tired of bugs, smash 4 sucks, melee to boring, wish PM could continue. Much better game than any of Sakurai's crap. Maybe Smash 5 on the garbage switch will be worth anything, but I doubt it. The most I can hope for now is Melee HD anniversary edition or smash 4 ledge mechanics reverted back to OG, or something along thone lines. F*** I miss PM tourneys and hype streams like back in the day, Turbo Tuesdays and random updates. /rant.

Cool mod though /clap

Last edited:

McFatty12345tb

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have a bug to report. So I have to other versions of dolphin that I use to play pm netplay on. So, I built the game using an iso, and first booted it up in performance mode (I have a laptop I got for christmas that I need to replace with an ACTUAL PC), and it worked. Satisfied, I brought my pc home, where I dont have wi-fi, and all I got was I black screen. The next morning, I re-downloaded the everything and it worked, until i exited out of preformance and booted into netplay, where it crashed dolphin. I re downloaded everything again the next day, and it hasn't worked since. Can someone help me?

AZVRE

Smash Rookie
Hey peeps, i did everything as required in the instructions, started netplay with my friend but the game freezes a lot, especially when mario uses his fireball.
Whats going on?

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey peeps, i did everything as required in the instructions, started netplay with my friend but the game freezes a lot, especially when mario uses his fireball.
Whats going on?
There is issue with BrawlEX related to FX (ef_file) from a character vs it's clone that has never been fixed up to this day and that are present in all BrawlEx build including Legacy XP.

essentially there seem to be some setting that are not "unloading" properly between matches and that cause crash when you play a match with 1 character and with it's clone right in the next match. (or following next matches)

Try this, you'll most likely crash 100% of the time :

1) start the game
2) select a match with mario and luigi
3) shoot 2-3 fireball with mario and quit the match
4) choose a mario clone (Dr mario) vs luigi and start a new match
5) you will crash when trying to shoot a Pill with mario.

I've known that issue for months but it's gonna take a very experienced coder to try and debug what's going on with this and fix BrawlEx.

I have a weird workaround that seem to work most of the time that you can try :

If you load the Clone character first in a match then load the original character, it tend to not crash anymore.

So when I play with friends, I usually start 1 or 2 "empty" match where I load all the clone characters first then quit to character select right as the match start and it seem to help stop the crashing issues...

also, I've seen some people suggest to go back to the title menu after each matchs to "reset" all thing loaded in memory (I've not really tested that method)

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
I'd just like to point out that I tried switching to OpenGL so that my Dolphin Legacy XP has more up-to-snuff speed, but when I reload it, it's just a white screen. Could you try fixing that issue?

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
On my Wii, the game loads but then crashes at the CSS. My codes are in the codes folder, and my gameconfig is in the root of the SD card. Everything else is in the LegacyXP folder. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I use USB loader GX to load the game.

Thanks

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
Try deleting the "Legacy XP" folder and putting it back again, that may work.
And also remember to put your SD format on FAT32.

Last edited:
Top Bottom