• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Lawl

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet

What is Smash Bros. Lawl?
It's a Smash Bros. inspired fangame based on these series of videos, made by mexican animator chincherrinas. Which is a project by itself in the form of an affectionate parody of Smash Bros, with the whole roster based on Internet Celebrities, Youtube Poops and Cults, featuring characters that have absolutely ZERO chance of making it to Smash.
Unlike other Smash Bros parodies, this one takes full care of the characters's movesets, giving each one of these characters a unique moveset.

The series has been going for years, how is the game suppossed to look like when the game releases?
This is a mock-up of how the game is aiming to look like. (Without the Item/Assist Trophy introduction, of course.)

This is how the game currently looks like, it's a Work in Progress, of course.​

Each character has its own moveset video in here.

Please keep in mind that some of these videos are over 4 years old, which means some of these videos might look dated in those videos, but have been updated in more recent videos.

Development is going slowly but surely, so please be patient. Keep in mind the creator of the series has to host multiple series in his channel, so the project itself doesn't update as much as other fangames. Time will tell if this practice will be dropped by the creator.

There are tons of spin-offs of Smash Bros Lawl, but this game is only focusing on the main series made by the series creator chincherrinas. A Character Maker is being developed so people can add their own characters to the game, though. So please, we're not accepting character requests.

Note: I'm NOT the developer of this game nor these series (although I have made my contributions in a now defunct spin-off I made a long time ago), I'm just doing some help off-screen with the characters, Stages and Assist Trophies's sprites.
I will update the thread once the game gets updated.
Also, we don't waste time on veterans such as Mario or Pikachu, so every update is gonna feature something new to the mainstream smash fanbase! (Although, old fans of the project won't...)
-The King (Link: The Faces of Evil, Zelda The Wand of Gamelon)
  • I.M. Meen (I.M. Meen)
  • Nostalgia Critic (The Nostalgia Critic Show)
  • Leonidas (300)
  • Tommy Wiseau (The Room)
  • Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
  • Angry Video Game Nerd (The AVGN Show)
  • Mama Luigi (The Super Mario World Show)
  • Dr. Robotnik (Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog)
  • Irate Gamer (The Irate Gamer Show)
  • Frollo (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
  • Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
  • Hitler (Downfall)
  • Panty / Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
  • Billy Mays (Infomercials)
  • Yomika (Dream Graffiti, a Yume Nikki fangame)
  • Guile (Street Fighter Cartoon)
  • Bison (Street Fighter Cartoon)
  • Ib (... Ib)
  • Hank Hill (King of the Hill)
  • Scanty / Kneesocks (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
  • Nicolas Cage (Various Sources, mainly The Wicker Man)
  • Best Hercules (THE BEST HERCULES MOVIE EVER)
  • Jaime Maussan (Tercer Milenio, from Mexico)
  • Don Ramón (EL Chavo, from México)
  • Dr. Wily (Mega Man Cartoon)
  • Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
  • Derek Zoolander (Zoolander)
  • New Hercules (Hercules in New York, played by Arnold Shwarznegger)
  • Aya Drevis (Mad Father)
  • Carlos Trejo (Cañitas, a hated minor celebrity in México)
  • Weird AL (countless musical parodies, UHF)
  • J. Jonah Jameson (Spider-Man Trilogy)
  • Mary (Ib)
  • Codec Snake (Metal Gear Solid? Smash Bros Brawl)
  • Pyron (DarkStalkers Cartoon)
  • Madotsuki
  • Frollo
  • Yomika
  • Nostalgia Critic
  • Madotsuki's Balcony (Yume Nikki)
  • Notre Dame (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Caution: Game contains some NSFW content on its sources. Nothing too explicit is shown in the game, though.

Roster can be seen in the Youtube and Facebook pages, shown below.

Links:
DemicStudios' Facebook Page, the creator of the game:
https://www.facebook.com/DemicStudios-319759954892036/?fref=ts
Smash Bros Lawl's Facebook, hosted by the series creator himself, chincherrinas:
https://www.facebook.com/Smash-Bros-Lawl-180451708676691/timeline
DemicStudios' Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJvzmv-F54_Ho1yuCP4vsmQ
Chincherrinas' Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgpFjUHsuw31P2nL0WOGzCQ

We're also hiring music composers, PM me if you want to apply.

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
Gaston is my new main. Can't wait to camp at the edge of the stage using "four dozen eggs".
Also, the character editor looks interesting. I may look into it sometime!

Last edited:

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet

"The True Main enters the battle."
This is Frollo's Down Special Move: Flamant Support.
He calls one of his soldiers, which stay on wherever they were called. Approaching one of these will make them to attack you with an axe, which can be used to avoid enemies to approach certain spots of the stage.
Frollo can only call one of these at a time, and they can be defeated too and will dissapear after aproximately 15 seconds.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
cringe
Don't be so hard on yourself ;)

Nah, just joking.
We have made Rage Mode, Footstooling and Random tripping optional. Random Tripping can be increased from a 0% to 100% chance. Don't worry, it'll be set at a 0% at standard so you don't have to deal with it. Demic added the option just for fun.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
We just added a few more options:
-Switching between Melee airdodge and Brawl/Sm4sh Airdodge, yes, you can now wavedash. L- Cancelling has also been added.
-Switching between Sm4sh's Ledge stealing and Melee-Brawl Ledgeguard.
No release date yet :/

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
No, we aren't dead:

"She got revamped specials, a second full set of A moves and 8 different colors!
Madotsuki- DONE!!

She can use down-B to switch to the second moveset, which uses her Fat Effect, making her the first character with multiple forms"

This is what the colors are based on:

1- Regular.
2- Based on Poniko.
3- Based on Mafurako.
4- Based on Monoko and Monoe.
5- Based on Yonaka from Mogeko Castle.
6- Based on the Yuki-Onna effect.
7- Based on Urotsuki from the fangame Yume 2kki.
8- Based on Nico from Oneshot.

IM Meen

Smash Rookie
Demic Studios just confirmed on his Facebook page that he has finished alternative colors for the Nostalgia Critic and is working on Yomika now.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
Woops, sorry for taking so long, life''s been pretty busy, you know.
We had these ready for about a month, but development has been really slow, sorry.
Anyways, all characters will now have 10 costumes each, I really had a blast making them. Here are the Nostalgia Critic's:

1- Standard.
2- Based on his Wreck It Ralph video.
3- Based on AskThatGuyWithTheGlasses
4- Based on Linkara.
5- Based on Chester A. Bum.
6- Based on his Jem costume from his "Jem and the Holograms (2015)" review.
7- Based on Santa Christ and Future Nostalgia Critic.
8- Based on Satan.
9- Based on his attire from his commercial videos.
10- Based on his costume from Nostalgiaween 2015.
Stay tuned!

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
No Garfield costume for Nostalgia Critic?
No matter. I'm still giddy over this idea. Will there be a demo soon?

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
His Halloween costume already covers orange/black.
We're hoping to get a demo soon, we just haven't made much progress because Demic is on his exams :p

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet

1- Default
2- Based on Esmeralda's Festival colors. And on Gaston. And Ashley.
3-. Based on Conceptart and on Undertale's Toriel.
4- Based on Quasimodo.
5- Based on Phoebus.
6- Based on the Archdeacon. With Garterbelt.
7- Based on the Headless Horseman.
8- Based on Concept Art.
9- Based on Yzma.
10- Based on Star Wars' Jedi Masters.

The next post will be Yomika's preview and then we'll have another Video, stay tuned! ;)

IM Meen

Smash Rookie
I heard from Demic Studios that after he finishes Yomika, he will release the first build of the game (the beta).

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet

Epic Sax Stage is now in the game!
For those not familiar, this is a stage that recollects the most epic songs in history's existence into one single stage. Masterpieces such as "Epic Sax Guy" or "Guile's Theme" and songs of similar caliber appear in this stage.
Of course, we couldn't fit all songs into this stage, so we're happy to announce the game will let you add your own music to it!
More info coming soon.

Shiver-Star

Smash Cadet
Yomika, from Yume Graffiti, Hairs Out!

1- Standard.
2- Based on Madotsuki.
3- Based on Sabitsuki from .flow featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series.
4- Based on Urotsuki from Yume 2kki.
5- Based on the Wolf Effect from Yume Graffiti.
6- Based on the Kuroko Effect from Yume Graffiti.
7- Based on Samara from The Ring.
8- Based on Pokémon's Hex Maniac.
9- Based on Yosafire from The Gray Garden.
10- Based on Based on Undertale's Frisk.
Next update will be another video showing gameplay. Stay tuned!

IM Meen

Smash Rookie
Judging from what I heard, a beta of the game will be released shortly after this.

Judging from activity going on in the game's Facebook page, you may see these characters next:
The King
IM Meen
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Wily
Ib
Mary
Hitler
Gaston

On a side note, I am helping to come up with ideas for characters (usually ones that don't have too much moves already established by Chincherrinas himself).

Primarily, I am going to help with many of the YTP characters, as well as Best Hercules and Pyron (once his moveset is revealed).

I already sent my ideas for Mama Luigi, Dr. Robotnik, and Dr. Wily to both DemicStudios and Chincherrinas.

MrMatrics

Smash Rookie
And I'm a Lawler as well ! I make my own sprites and movesets for the game. My current project is Urotsuki from Yume 2kki. So Enjoy ! :) I will send the pose as soon as I figure out how to send images from my PC

IM Meen

Smash Rookie
The next video will focus on the narrator, palette swaps and select screen of the game.

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
My ideas are already in motion. Here's an example of a character I'm eager to do.

Pawlettes for The Warden:
*I'm Commin' Home
*Rubber Bullets (based on early concept art of The Warden)
*Sadistic Willy Wonka (based off Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka)
*Hey, that's pretty good! (based off iDubbz as the Content Cop and Mr. I'm Gay)
*Murder-Go-Round (based off Peacock from Skullgirls)
*I speak for the trees (based off Onceler from The Lorax)
*Guide to the Unexplained (based off Grunkle Stan from Gravity Falls)
*Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Cheeseburger (based off John Lennon as he appears in Yellow Submarine)

Pawlettes for Jailbot as an added bonus since he's in Warden's moveset:
*Standard
*Based off Jailbot 2.0
*Based off the classic Oompa Loopas
*Based off Pink Guy
*Based off Robo-Fortune from Skullgirls
*Based off the Lorax
*Based off Bill Cipher
*Based off the Yellow Submarine itself

Last edited:

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
And another one
Original the pawlette swaps, do not steal

*Gotta Go Fast
*Unlike Knuckles I don't Flex my Muscles (based on redhotsonic, a well-known hacker)
*Dark Reign (based on the Ashura glitch from Sonic 2)
*2010 Hogwarts Maniacare (based on his bootlegged backpack appearance as well as how Sonic looks in Sonic Mania)
*Feelin' Good! (based on Feel the Rabbit, the early concept answer to Mario who later broke off and became Ristar)
*Oligive's Early Years (based on Sonic's origin as told by Archie Comics)
*Nothing Personnel, Jester (based on Coldsteel the Hedgeheg as well as Pana der Hejhog)
*Wrath of KEGA (based on Nazo)
*Miau! (based on Pantufa the Cat)
*I AM GOD (based on Sonic.exe)

Last edited:

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
I'm just keeping this thread lively at this point
Now we're really going into the lands of obscurity

*Hey, Sunny, can we take 'em to the bridge?
*Cheddar of 3000 (based on Cheddar Man and one of Andre 3000's outfits)
*Solo Tease (based on another one of Andre 3000's outfits and concept art of Class of 3000)
*Unhand her, Sunny Bridges! Unhand her, Sunny Bridges! Unhand her, Sunny Bridges! (based on Dan Backslide)
*Sunny Anthonio Zeppeli (based on William Anthonio Zeppeli from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
*All is Far From my Side (based on Jimi Hendrix, who Andre 3000 regrets playing in All is By My Side)
*Quartz Throwdown (based on Rose Quartz from Steven Universe since both shows display diversity, varying body types, and good music...thoughIfindCo3kthesuperioranime)
*ATL Rush (based on Trikz from L.A. Rush, a game Andre 3000 provided his voice for and beta tested)
*Oh, Bixby (based on Andre 3000's Benjamin Bixby line)
*High Quality OutKast (based on SiIvaGunner)

In honor of the Namco Museum line-up revealed on Homestuck Day

*Standard Terror
*Just like Old Times (classic Rick-O)
*Rip In (based on the Xbox 360 exclusive mask)
*Limited for Cowards (based on Rick in the US TG-16 port of Splatterhouse 1)
*It Can Do Killing (based on the PS3 exclusive mask)
*Garbage of Cesspool (based on Jason Voorhees because of course)
*I know this guy! Yeah, we are screwed (based on the Biggy Man)
*Dismalland (based on Rick's appearance in Wanpaku Graffiti)
*Dying Breed (based on Mirror Rick in the remake)
*Old Mirror (based on Mirror Rick in the old days)

Last edited:

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
But I digress
Time for the best of the worst! Or is it the worst of the best?

*Mistress of the Dark
*Your Princess is in Another Castle (based on Toon Toadstool (because Elvira appeared in two live-action bits of the SMBSS) and Bayonetta's Peach costume (c'mon, she's practically Elvira...but with guns!))
*House of Pasta (based on Mr. Creepypasta (Fun Fact: Did ya know...that Elvira is Mr. Creepypasta's waifu?))
*Godmother of Halloween (based on Scary Godmother)
*Unpleasent Fapping (based on Zone-Tan)
*Hostess with the Mostess (based on Lydia from the Beetlejuice cartoon)
*Special Orphan (based on Esther Coleman from Orphan)
*Spread Eagle (based on Monica Lewinsky because of the Elvira for President bit I saw)
*Jaws of Cerberus (based on Queen Emelda from the DOS game adaptation of Elvira Mistress of the Dark)
*Movie Macabre (mainly based off old horror movies, which is what Elvira specializes in (it could also count as being based on Morticia Addams and Vampira))

Last edited:

Rootspread

Smash Rookie
Double feature because I ship these two teenage heroes
5:00, get a call to go blading at the skate park down by the mall
But my mom says I got to showcase my pawlette swaps for a fangame based on Lawl
(That didn't flow well) I know!

*Global Response Unit
*Mezmer Street Spanker (based on Mitzi from the Monkey Rag video by Joanna Davidovich)
*PuffyXJYumi (based on Ami Onuki because voice actress)
*Prototype Neighbor (based on her appearance in the pilot My Neighbor was a Teenage Robot)
*Everlasting Peace (based on Rokko-Chan)
*Beyond the Cluster (based on Circe from Generator Rex (because shipping))
*I0LOVE0JENNY0WAKEMAN (based on both Stocking and Amy Rose since Jenny was originally planned for Lawl Ultimate (if you don't know what that is, it had that video SiIvaGunner used for his "high quality" rip of the Inifnite Climax mix of Fly Me to the Moon from Bayonetta) (also, I0LOVE0AMY0ROSE later became Stocking Rose, which some of the community was too blind to see))
*Raggedy Android (based on Jenny's exo-skin)
*Jen Mech Fight (based on the standard and alternative colors for Sukapon)
*Tremorton Resemble (based on Solty Revant)

Make way to start the pawlette showcase!

*Start the Revolution
*Machinoah (based on Noah Nixon and M. Rex, the basis of Generator Rex; builds based on M. Rex's golden builds)
*Psychotronic! (based on Dave Shar from the Battletoads pilot; builds based on Rash from Battletoads)
*Agent of Gentek (based on Alex Mercer from Prototype; builds based on Mercer's powers granted by the Blacklight virus project)
*Flames of Omega Dinkster (based on Rex's early design; builds based on Juni Cortez in Spy Kids 3: Game Over since Daryl Sabara voices Rex and acted as Juni Cortez)
*EVO-01 (based on Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion; builds based on Evangelion Unit-01)
*Attack of the 16-year old Amnesiac (based on Sheldon Oswald Lee from My Life as a Teenage Robot because shipping; builds based on the Silver Shell)
*It's just trig; it's like aiming my Slam Cannon (based on Lance from Voltron: Legendary Defender; builds based on the Blue Lion)
*Sym-Bionic Generator (based on Lance from Sym-Bionic Titan with the jacket color scheme based on Lance's Phantom Ninja alias; builds based on the Manus exoskeleton)
*Hong Kong Kaiju (based on Duncan Rosenblatt (television and comic book), another character from an Image Comics property adapted for the boob tube; builds based on Duncan's father Belloc)

Last edited:

The Lawler

Smash Rookie
Please tell if you're really going to do all these guys, if you're still eager about it as now... then, I'll be kinda sad, because I have a plan on some of them either. But I'll help you, if you need it. (Peta Pokemon Ash can be one of Warden's palette swap)

Last edited:
Top Bottom