• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was wrestling with the best way to wrap this up; should I drag it on, should I get emotional, or should I just stop it? I initially just stopped it because I wanted to give everyone a chance to get a pure and untainted view outside of my own based on this experience.

Smash Infinite development lasted 736 days with approximately 450 jobs; give or take. We amassed 458 pages, 18,000 posts, and 906,000 views. We have had people come and go during the entire process with some staying with the project from start to finish and others taking a leave of absence. We had a stellar team composed of airConditioner airConditioner , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Krookodilian Krookodilian , and Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto .

We included:
  • 49 new characters
  • 66 new stages
  • 33 new items
  • 56 new Assist Trophies
  • 32 new Pokeball Pokemon
  • 25 new Bosses
  • 49 Smash Dungeons
  • 150 Mii Costumes including returning
  • 17 Mini-Bosses in Smash Dungeon
  • 110 Smash Dungeon Enemies
  • More than a 100 SmashSpace Content (still adding it in)
  • Countless Music (still getting it added in)
  • Countless Spirits (still getting it added in)
When I first started this project, I expected it to fizzle out after the first month. We managed to get it going amongst Bobgate, Purple Theory, no-Female fighters, Arwing scandal, and more. Through thick and thin, we managed to get through this development and managed to piece together a pretty good product. Not only that but this had led to a widespread movement of similar threads being made which eventually led to it's only sub-forum! Never would I have believed this thread to lead us to where we are at today!

I want to take the time to thank a few people who have made this thread truly special in their own unique ways. I mentioned our previous team leaders but I want to thank:

@Darkonedagger
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
C chocolatejr9
GolisoPower GolisoPower
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
BowserKing BowserKing
Perkilator Perkilator
Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
tonygameman tonygameman
PastaRorroKuma PastaRorroKuma
Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming
cashregister9 cashregister9
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
ivanlerma ivanlerma
FazDude FazDude
CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Speed Weed Speed Weed
ahemtoday ahemtoday
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
SharkLord SharkLord
Jomosensual Jomosensual
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
Collaterale1 Collaterale1
PeridotGX PeridotGX
SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Pokelego999 Pokelego999
BlueCRE BlueCRE
Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Otoad64 Otoad64
Mamboo07 Mamboo07
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
Paraster Paraster
warpenguin55 warpenguin55
Yiptap Yiptap
Glubbfubb Glubbfubb

If I forgot anyone, I am sorry. Thank you to everyone for your contributions in submitting, noting, discussing, planning, and just having fun. Thank you for sticking with this thread through the fun and hard times and, even if you were just here for a bit, your help was appreciated. Thank you to all of you who helped maintain the Wikia! That is still a work in progress but I am truly grateful for all of the help I have received. I plan on using this time to catalog any left over information without worrying about lagging behind as I did previously. This includes updates to the wiki.

This project saw three monumental changes in my personal life during these past two years but this project has remained a constant element in my life which I truly benefitted from. I know I was a best testy at times and often gave excuses when something went awry but thank you for putting up with me and my issues. I couldn't have done this project without all your help. For all this and everything else, I am truly grateful. Thank you very much.

And with that (for now) development for Smash Infinite has officially wrapped up. I might post some things in the weeks following.

Thank you again very much.

~Venus

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Developer Suggestion Character: Mach Rid-

Wait, what do you mean submissions for that job ended 2 years ago? …what do you mean it’s all over? As in it’s 100% complete? Literally everything is done? Everyone else already went home and moved on? …and absolutely NOBODY managed to get any content representing Hotel Mario in here?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Developer Suggestion Character: Mach Rid-

Wait, what do you mean submissions for that job ended 2 years ago? …what do you mean it’s all over? As in it’s 100% complete? Literally everything is done? Everyone else already went home and moved on? …and absolutely NOBODY managed to get any content representing Hotel Mario in here?
well **** time to open development back up

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Finally came back from my end of the year vacations, while my contribution in the thread became minimum in the last moments I must say that I'm grateful with it. I remind trying to use the school's connection for vote and when I was at home I always opened the page to write my own ideas, while of course I aren't very fond in some ideas that where bringed before and after my main moment of activity I think that all of those things are insignificant at this point.

Well job Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I hope you get a very well deserved rest with your family, I wish you the best of the lucks in this year and the future, I was always worried when I readed your comments about your health and condition and how sometimes the thread didn't make it easier to you so now that this project has finished that's all I can say. See you next time.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Really tapped out towards the end, but thank you everyone who worked so hard on this project. This was a fantastic way for me to funnel some creative energy into for something that took tons of attention(Smash) and put a ton of effort in with other people doing the same. Fantastic work all, maybe when the next smash game is announced in like 5-10 years it may be time for Smash Infinite 2.....

D

Deleted member

I don't think deluxe is happening lol.

Looking back at this thread I've grown a lot more fond of it. We made a lot of decisions that I didn't love and the discorse could be a bit much sometimes but this was such a special thing I don't think will ever be replicated on this scale

Cool. Hope that we might get Master Hand as playable fighter, baby!

(Plus we get more spirits, baby!)
We actually confirmed Master Hand for Deluxe during the DLC development. He's set in stone. That's if we actually ever do deluxe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom