• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Halifax: Brawling for Burgers

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
Tourney Name: Brawling For Burgers
Date: Saturday June 20th, 2009
Location: The Roy Building, Suite 125 (1657 Barrington Street, Halifax)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Venue / Food Fee - 5$ (mandatory)
Brawl Singles: 12pm - $10
Brawl Doubles: 12pm - $20 (per team)

*If you're coming with friends, please let the organizer know if you want to be in separate brackets and we will distribute the players accordingly.

*Prize Money depends on number of participants and venue fee:
*1st Place: 60% of Prize.
*2nd Place: 30% of Prize.
*3rd Place: 10% of Prize.

Visit us on Facebook: Super Smash Bros. halifax

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet

2 VS 2 TOURNAMENT RULES
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Rules for doubles are almost identical to those of singles but differ as follows:

Team attack is set to "on"
Share stock is permitted.

The following additional stages are banned:
Pirate Ship
Distant Planet
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

1 VS 1 TOURNAMENT RULES
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

*Double elimination bracket
*In addition to separating friends, bracket will be seeded in such a way that top ranking players will not have to face each other in the first round.
***The data used to seed the results is taken directly from our past events.

* Best 2 out of 3 matches.
* Best 3 out of 5 in Semi-Finals.
* Best 3 out of 5 in Finals.

*When a set is over both players must announce to the organizer they have won/lost immediately.

*All tvs are for tournament games only. Friendlies will be considered if time constraints allow.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

*A banned stage may only be played if both players agree on it.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match*
2. Each player may announce one stage to strike (ban) for the entire set
3. The first game is random stage from the list of legal stages (minus any striked stage)
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List (no striked stage can be picked)
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

JUSTIN’s note - Basically, the first round of a best of 3 is played on a neutral stage, neutral being one of several stages that interfere the least with a match, and give the fewest characters on the roster major advantages or disadvantages.

After the first match, the losing player may counterpick a stage. He may choose from any of the neutrals if s/he wishes, but there's also a list of "CP" stages that may be chosen. The art of counterpicking is something that escapes a lot of people... it's worth figuring out what stages you do well on, and for the sake of your characters, too. Of course, you can't totally screw the winning player over, so you have to choose a stage first, then s/he picks a character, then you pick your character.

If you win, the opponent goes through the same process, so be prepared for any stage that might be thrown at you. The only exceptions are: You cannot CP a stage that you won on (usually doesn't happen until finals anyway), and if you really hate a certain stage, you can ban it BEFORE you play any of your matches. That includes neutrals and CP stages, none of them may be selected, even randomly. Personally, I usually strike Final Destination just in case, heheh.

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
GAMEPLAY SPECIFIC RULES
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Marth's Deathgrab on Ness/Lucas is banned.
* DDD’s standing infinite is banned.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* If a game ends with Ganondorf/Bowser using Ganoncide/Bowsercide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Ganondorf/Bowser.
* If a game ends with DDD/Kirby using Inhale Suicide and it ends in sudden death, the match will be restarted at 1 stock.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage List
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Starter
¯¯¯¯¯¯
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Banned
¯¯¯¯¯¯
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Banned (doubles only)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Pirate Ship
Distant Planet
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
****. The best player in Halifax plays Luigi, and you people still have Corneria as a counterpick? Now I can see why Zhao does so well LOL.

Just for that, I think I'll catch a plane to Nova Scotia and win this whole **** thing. ;)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
****. The best player in Halifax plays Luigi, and you people still have Corneria as a counterpick? Now I can see why Zhao does so well LOL.

Just for that, I think I'll catch a plane to Nova Scotia and win this whole **** thing. ;)
Weren't you that guy I taunt spiked? lololol get raaaaped

Much love Wil <3

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet

If you caught flight here and wont both singles and doubles yourself, i doubt the money would be worth it. Were a pretty small Community.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Apparently, someone has hacked Ganon's sword for Brawl+. He can now use sword! But only for some of his moves, like fair, jab, etc.

:bee:

teenwolftoo

Smash Cadet
Likely Brackets. we could do 6 pools of 6 and the top two continue on into a double elimination bracket. of 12 people. but i don't think that will happen.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
We could potentially try 4 pools of 10 if we get 40 people, not sure though. A lot of people would mean a looong as bracket too :(

Top Bottom