• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
His matchup with Duck Hunt would be atrocious though :troll:
Not to mention that he'll be low tier for sure given how prevalent :4fox: is in the meta. He won't be able to approach him because of his phobia and Fox can just shoot lasers at him the entire time. :(

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Daruk I'm not sure how they would implement his special ability though. I mean, the way it works in game is kind of like a counter attack, and that type of move has already been used a ton in Smash already, (Unless they do like Yoshi and just make it a special shield) though I guess his general Goron abilities might work out though other than him probably getting another potential token roll attack.

Revali seems like a good alternative flying archer if Decidueye doesn't make it in though.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Daruk I'm not sure how they would implement his special ability though. I mean, the way it works in game is kind of like a counter attack, and that type of move has already been used a ton in Smash, though I guess his general Goron abilities might work out though other than him probably getting another potential token roll attack.
It's not really a "counter", but more like a parry. If anything, it's closer to Ryu's Focus Attack than an actual counter.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Or maybe people just genuinely didn't want another Fire Emblem character and wanted to see a 2nd Ballot character?
So yeah, it's because Corrin is
ugh another Fire Emblem character!
then.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So yeah, it's because Corrin is
ugh another Fire Emblem character!
then.

I don't see the problem with being disatisfied with a series that's overbloated with characters even remarked by the series creator let alone a character solely to advertise a game.

Honestly Corrin fans act so insecure whenever anyone has a problem with the character's inclusion and gather together to flame anyone with a negative opinion. I've been around here long enough to see this.

And i'll just wait for the inevitable "blah blah blah you just want AW/GS or whatever series" response that has nothing to do with what I say. Gotta love that cop out. It's a fan favorite.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see the problem with being disatisfied with a series that's overbloated with characters even remarked by the series creator let alone a character solely to advertise a game.

Honestly Corrin fans act so insecure whenever anyone has a problem with the character's inclusion and gather together to flame anyone with a negative opinion. I've been around here long enough to see this.

And i'll just wait for the inevitable "blah blah blah you just want AW/GS or whatever series" response that has nothing to do with what I say. Gotta love that cop out. It's a fan favorite.
There's being dissatisfied (fine) and then there's ****ting up a storm like an over-entitled little brat (not fine).

Nice victim card by the way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Maybe Corrin fans wouldn't be so defensive if people didn't constantly go "WAAAAAAH I DIDN'T GET THE TOY I WANTED SO NOBODY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS" to them. There are genuine and fair criticisms, it's just that they rarely get said in a civil tone, so people take them less seriously

Also you just want AW

Freduardo

Smash Champion
...So if they wanted to make a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and used a character from that, would people get upset about more fire emblem reps?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
...So if they wanted to make a port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and used a character from that, would people get upset about more fire emblem reps?
Yes.
Double points for Itsuki because "ugh another anime swordsman"

The internet would turn into Crait.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's being dissatisfied (fine) and then there's ****ting up a storm like an over-entitled little brat (not fine).

Maybe Corrin fans wouldn't be so defensive if people didn't constantly go "WAAAAAAH I DIDN'T GET THE TOY I WANTED SO NOBODY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY WITH THIS" to them. There are genuine and fair criticisms, it's just that they rarely get said in a civil tone, so people take them less seriously
Well yeah there's that. I'll admit I was one of those people when that happened until I realized I was stupid for thinking that way.

But then again that applies to any newcomer added in Smash period. Cloud and Bayo had the same thing when they were revealed. The criticism I mentioned specifically applies to Corrin.

The reason I responded to 5tOOPiD (did I even get the name right lol) was in response to the notion that anyone who doesn't like Corrin falls in that camp of people. Ultimately it turned in to one of these things again like usual. Can't say i'm suprised really.
Nice victim card by the way.
Also you just want AW
Thanks for coming guys.

Luminario

Smash Lord
A bit of both. I do legitimately think Daruk would offer the most of the Champions, but most of the reasons apply to the others as well. Basically, I predict we'll get a Champion, and I think Daruk would potentially offer the most.

Rivali would be another obvious one if Decidueye doesn't end up making it though. Mipha I think has an outside shot.
I would have said it would be the other way around, where Urbosa or Mipha could bring something more unique. Daruk probably has the easiest ability to transfer into Smash though, as his shield is simple yet multifunctional.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

YOUR OPINION HAS NO VALUE BECAUSE YOU WANT CHARACTERS FROM DEAD FRANCHISES LIKE AW OR GS!

:troll:

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I didn’t mean to cause an uproar in regards to Corrin.
I just don’t see why Corrin should be cut when they offer a unique play style. Regardless of franchise representation.

I’m sorry.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well yeah there's that. I'll admit I was one of those people when that happened until I realized I was stupid for thinking that way.

But then again that applies to any newcomer added in Smash period. Cloud and Bayo had the same thing when they were revealed. The criticism I mentioned specifically applies to Corrin.

The reason I responded to 5tOOPiD (did I even get the name right lol) was in response to the notion that anyone who doesn't like Corrin falls in that camp of people. Ultimately it turned in to one of these things again like usual. Can't say i'm suprised really.

Thanks for coming guys.
Again, because the genuine criticism gets drowned out by toddlers who haven't been potty trained keep crying.

Also breh did you need me to copypasta the thing you said for you to realize I made a joke? I'll have you know I beat Zero in multiple 99 stock matches without taking a single hit

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The reason I responded to 5tOOPiD (did I even get the name right lol) was in response to the notion that anyone who doesn't like Corrin falls in that camp of people.
You didn't even do anything to suggest otherwise. You just stated the exact same thing as 5T00PiD as if what you said was different.

Thanks for coming guys.
<3

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
5tOOPiD (did I even get the name right lol)
Close enough :p

I just don’t see why Corrin should be cut when they offer a unique play style. Regardless of franchise representation.

I’m sorry.
That's actually a really good way to see things.

I personally like Corrin because she offers something any other FE character not named Robin has; a fighting style that isn't just slashes with swords. That, combined with how well Fates did, should be a good sign of her staying, whether the salty fans like it or not.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace

That's actually a really good way to see things.

I personally like Corrin because she offers something any other FE character not named Robin has; a fighting style that isn't just slashes with swords. That, combined with how well Fates did, should be a good sign of her staying, whether the salty fans like it or not.
My sentiments exactly.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
**** me 6 notifications...
You didn't even do anything to suggest otherwise. You just stated the exact same thing as 5T00PiD as if what you said was different.
I said that because I wanted to mention the fact that not wanting more FE isn't a bad thing which is why my post looked similar. Don't see what's so hard to understand here really.
Also breh did you need me to copypasta the thing you said for you to realize I made a joke? I'll have you know I beat Zero in multiple 99 stock matches without taking a single hit
Yeah yeah I get it. I was playing along as well. My sarcasm sucks.

I’m sorry.
Meh, don't sweat it. It''s nothing new here.

The Corrin Defense Force is always monitoring me.
It is a bizarre username. No one call themselves 5T00PiD y'know? Have some confidence in yourself. :)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Meanwhile, here I am thinking Roy is actually the most out of place FE character in Sm4sh. His game hasn't been released or remade in the west, he's a semi-clone and was a clone in Melee and he literally only has his Melee fanbase to really care about him since from what I've heard, he's pretty meh in his own game. Mewtwo being cut from Brawl was a bigger deal since he was actually unique. Granted, I see a problem with Corrin's inclusion since he cost extra, was put in purely for promotion of another game and took more time than any clone would. None of those are bad on their own but compare him to Melee Roy who was also put in purely for promotion purposes but he was an easy to put in clone and didn't cost anything extra.

Mind you, I actually like Corrin and Roy (the latter being one of my secondaries) but another issue I have with the promotion bit is that, to me, Smash is a game about video game all stars and characters people have grown to love getting together and fighting each other. You got characters like Sheik and Duck Hunt who've only appeared in one (mainstream) game and yet due to their popularity, they got to stay. I'd like to believe lack of popularity is exactly why Lucas and Wolf got cut going from Brawl to Sm4sh. Roy back in Melee and Corrin for Sm4sh didn't have that. People couldn't be attached to them (not counting Japan with Corrin I believe? Unrelated but assuming the translation team didn't completely change Corrin's personality, how could anyone enjoy the character in FE Fates? I find him/her to be so damn boring.)

Oh and for that post asking for characters from series that first appeared in Smash 64, all I'd want is Ganon from aLttP and both Toon Zelda and Toon Ganondorf. Maybe also Black Shadow from F-ZERO if he takes Falcondorf's moveset.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Odyssey's would be freaking amazing, but any Bowser Castle representation would be satisfactory.
The Bowser Kingdom is my favorite Kingdom. That Emperial Japan theme? Delicious.

That’d be cool.

I want the Odyssey as it’s own stage though. A moving/transitional stage that goes throughout a selection of kingdoms.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To be fair, other than the roster, there was very little in the way of FE content unlike Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, and LoZ.

For a new mario stage, I think I would rather have New Donk City as a centralied stage personally. How about BotW stages?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Could you explain a little further?
Granted, FE did get trophies, music, 1 assist trophy, and a stage for each version but it’s treated as a major franchise. However, the aforementioned franchises got a plethora of items, assist trophies, trophies, stages, music, etc. the amount of items, stages, and assist trophies hailing from LoZ might of been a way to balance the lack of a newcomer. Just a thought though.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Granted, FE did get trophies, music, 1 assist trophy, and a stage for each version but it’s treated as a major franchise. However, the aforementioned franchises got a plethora of items, assist trophies, trophies, stages, music, etc. the amount of items, stages, and assist trophies hailing from LoZ might of been a way to balance the lack of a newcomer. Just a thought though.
Ohhhh! I see what you’re saying. I agree. The major 3 franchises of Nintendo, being Mario, Pokémon, and Legend of Zelda get plenty of representation in a multitude of ways.

Representation is more than just roster slots.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ohhhh! I see what you’re saying. I agree. The major 3 franchises of Nintendo, being Mario, Pokémon, and Legend of Zelda get plenty of representation in a multitude of ways.

Representation is more than just roster slots.
Yeah.
Fire Emblem has a huge cast of characters. Arbitrarily limiting the characters that get in because it's smaller than Zelda is silly when Zelda barely even has a cast as big as the average Fire Emblem game and that's across 30 years worth of games whilst Fire Emblem boasts nearly over 800 characters.

I think Fire Emblem should go the Pokemon route as well and have characters be summoned via the Summoner's Gun from Heroes so the series is better represented.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New Subject/ Distraction!

Any new stage ideas for Smash V?

I’d love to hear them!
- Bowser's Castle
- New Donk City/New Donk Festival (day and night like Smashville)
- Iki Town
- Ultra Space
- Altar of Duma
- Outrealm Gate (touring stage)
- Gluglug Lagoon
- The Lady Liberty
- Inkopolis
- N. Sanity Beach

Just some stages I'd love to see, even if most of them won't happen. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
New Subject/ Distraction!

Any new stage ideas for Smash V?

I’d love to hear them!
Mine-Cart Carnage (a level from DKC).

You can't tell me that fighting in minecarts while in motion wouldn't be crazy fun. I don't think it would be easy to program but damn that would be something.
You're right.

It should be more gramatically correct :troll:
Why can't it just be Smart Unicorn? You don't have to call yourself dumb y'know.

D

Deleted member

Would you all want For Glory to return in Smash? If so, would you want a ranking system? Explain why.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Yeah.
Fire Emblem has a huge cast of characters. Arbitrarily limiting the characters that get in because it's smaller than Zelda is silly when Zelda barely even has a cast as big as the average Fire Emblem game and that's across 30 years worth of games whilst Fire Emblem boasts nearly over 800 characters.

I think Fire Emblem should go the Pokemon route as well and have characters be summoned via the Summoner's Gun from Heroes so the series is better represented.
That’d be interesting or maybe more Assist Trophy appearances.

- Bowser's Castle
- New Donk City/New Donk Festival (day and night like Smashville)
- Iki Town
- Ultra Space
- Altar of Duma
- Outrealm Gate (touring stage)
- Gluglug Lagoon
- The Lady Liberty
- Inkopolis
- N. Sanity Beach

Just some stages I'd love to see, even if most of them won't happen. :p
I will have to look them up! I know some but not all! I’m all for Ultra Space though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom