• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You smell bad.
And so does Serperior.
Alright first off I took a shower not three minutes ago and two, I gave a bath to my Serperior as well.
2017-10-22_01-04-26.jpg

So light that, lamp boy.

Also will you guys stop smelling me? Fricking perverts. I'm gonna cut your noses off.

D

Deleted member

That is my insult.

You...

YOU....

INSULT THIEF!!!
Thy don't steal from lesser men, Plebeian.
Alright first off I took a shower not three minutes ago and two, I gave a bath to my Serperior as well.
View attachment 133371

So light that, lamp boy.
Don't you tempt me.
Chandelure is a Fire type, after all. :smirk:

Also will you guys stop smelling me? Fricking perverts. I'm gonna cut your noses off.
Is smelling sexual now?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I looked it up and all I found is a program or something.
Some detective series by the looks of it.

I might have the word wrong. But there's a real sexual kink that exists where people like to sniff other people. There use to be an old dude at my Walmart who did it often at night.

Irrelevant. The point is- stop saying I smell. Its getting weird now. And that's not just to you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Irrelevant. The point is- stop saying I smell. Its getting weird now. And that's not just to you.
You're no fun
I did stop though, didn't I?
But we're going way off topic, so it's best to drop this conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
On topic? What the hell is on topic?

Not gonna lie Stuperiour getting in over any other Snake would actually induce me with rage.:cheep:
Something stinks in here.
Oh damn, sorry. I forgot to let Swamp out, he **** on the rug again.:001:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For months I held myself from posting on this thread because I thought it was a uber serious place.

Then I read the last two pages.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Pit, Mega Man and Simon Belmont! If it that happen, will are the three characters of videogames where appeared in television series the Captain N: The Game Master.

D

Deleted member

On-topic:

It's clear that the Ultra Beasts are a big frickin' deal for Pokémon at this point.
Assuming one such as Buzzwole (the best option) isn't a playable fighter in the future for Smash, how do you all suppose they will get representation?

A Beast Ball item?
A stage based on Ultra Space that goes to the different domains?

Luminario

Smash Lord
On-topic:

It's clear that the Ultra Beasts are a big frickin' deal for Pokémon at this point.
Assuming one such as Buzzwole (the best option) isn't a playable fighter in the future for Smash, how do you all suppose they will get representation?

A Beast Ball item?
I think you misspelled Pheromosa there. Don't worry it happens to everybody.

I'd love to see a Altar of the Moone/Sunne or Aether Paradise stage where a UB pops up every once in a while to kick ass. Nihilego pops up and latches onto someone, boosting their attack power but slowly giving them percentage, Pheromosa flies around and Triple Kicks a random fighter, Guzzlord appears on one side and does the Kirby vacuum thing to swallow everyone, stuff like that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On-topic:

A Beast Ball item?
Beast Ball seems pretty realistic now. They did the Master Ball item earlier. Seems a perfect way to represent them(assuming Buzzwole doesn't become a fighter, as you said. He's easily one of the most stand out for an easy moveset option, as we don't have a proper grappler at all, not to say Incineroar couldn't work for that too).

I could see a stage based upon Ultra Space as well. Possibly with the Beast Ball auto-disabled as a result. I think they've disabled items on specific stages at times as is. I know all items on "Final Stage" in Smash 64, for instance.

D

Deleted member

I'd like an Ultra Space stage with a gimmick simillar to Midgar - a Beast Ball occassionally appears and the first fighter who grabs it summons a UB that fights by its side for a limited time. That'd be dope.
Buzzwole in Smash would be pretty cool (he's my personal favorite UB), but not as cool as Decidueye.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On-topic:

Assuming one such as Buzzwole (the best option)
"Best option" my ass. :4tlink:
isn't a playable fighter in the future for Smash, how do you all suppose they will get representation?

A Beast Ball item?
I don't think they would create an entirely new Item that only summons UBs because its not like they put every UB in the game. Maybe two at least.

I wouldn't mind what was mentioned above- a Midgar-like Ultra Space stage with summonable Ultra Beasts.

If a UB managed to snag a playable slot, I'd hope it to be either Kartana or UB-Adhesive. Both are my most favorite UBs so far and I hope one or both of them finds their way into Smash, whether it be playable or not.

Staarih

Smash Master
A stage based on Altar of the Moone/Sunne seems like a good idea, they’ll want to show off Solgaleo/Lunala anyway so a gimmick with Ultra Wormholes sending various UB’s to the field could work. Either that or a Beast Ball item, sure. Playable, perhaps not.

Buzzwole as playable would be dope though. Though my favourite is Nihilego (or Burst). Adhesive seems to get some extra focus in USUM as well.

D

Deleted member

To those that question why Buzzwole is the best option, consider that it's one of only two of the original seven that doesn't have any glaring issues with working in a Smash setting, and between it and Pheromosa, it simply offers more of what we haven't seen yet in Smash.

It's too early to judge the new Beasts, but the only one so far that doesn't have any obvious issues is Burst.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd prefer Buzzwhole as well, because it's been a while since there was a proper heavy weight and power-based newcomer. Plus, I imagine him posing and doing a lot of silly stuff I can't picture the others doing. He's got my vote, tho Mimikyu would be cute as well. Generally, Pokemon has always had the luxury of multiple well fitting potential newcomers. But with this generation it is ever more apperant. Good job GameFreak.

Also, this was worth an edit:

This sort of thing might make me a fullout Buzzwhole su- ohh, never mind, I want him IN already.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Are there actually enough Ultra Beasts to really justify a new Beast Ball item though? I don't know the exact number of Pokemon they include with every Smash game and how many there are in the Pokeball and Master Ball respectively in Smash 4, but I'm not sure It's quite enough to really justify a whole new item for them (assuming they would include every single one of them too). I'd say either include them with the Master Ball lineup for now or design a stage dedicated for them, like the altar of the Sunne/Moone as someone mentioned or even Ultra Space where they can appear and attack the players etc. At least imho.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, if we do get a full on sequel rather than an updated Smash 4, I just really want Mega Man and Ryu back. Most of the first party Nintendo characters I like are bound comeback as it is and I'm not worried on that front.

I do hope that the custom moves get improved in whatever ways they can if they come back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am pretty sure most third party characters are fine right now. Cloud is the only character that's somewhat in a different boat, but am sure his allround popularity makes the director sure he will be included again. He was, apperantly, a ballot pick after all.

Ryu and Mega Man seem pretty damn safe however. Ryu got in because Sakurai just felt like it, and probably had already established a good enough relationship with Capcom by adding Mega Man anyway. I don't see either of them leaving any time soon. Their inclusion in Smash made me warm up to them greatly as well.

AnkleShanker

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post
I'd prefer Buzzwhole as well, because it's been a while since there was a proper heavy weight and power-based newcomer. Plus, I imagine him posing and doing a lot of silly stuff I can't picture the others doing. He's got my vote, tho Mimikyu would be cute as well. Generally, Pokemon has always had the luxury of multiple well fitting potential newcomers. But with this generation it is ever more apperant. Good job GameFreak.

This sort of thing might make me a fullout Buzzwhole su- ohh, never mind, I want him IN already.
Smelly monkeys dont get to decide what poke is in the next game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can just imagine it flexing for everything like in Sun/Moon, can't you?

Even when hit, even when stunned, hell, even when put to sleep.

THERE IS NO REST. ONLY FLEX.

Best of all, its gimmick as an Ultra Beast (i.e. why it has the codename "Absorbtion/Expansion") is quite interesting in a Smash context.
Step 1: Grab the opponent
Step 2: Drain their life and energy
Step 3: Make self stronger while the blood sacs/muscles swell up and glow with said energy

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, as far as other third party characters, it's up in the air and all, but I would like either another fighting game character or platformer character next, given that Smash is supposed to be a mix of the two genres.

And yeah, Buzzwole would be a pretty good choice. Not just for the absorbtion gimmick but due to the fact that Smash doesn't have a fully realized grappler, with the closest being Ganon with his Up and Side specials.

I would think if a grappler were to be implemented into the series, they might have an air grab, but unlike the Z-Air attacks that the Links and two Samus' have, it's shorter ranged and you can toss them backwards or forwards. Tossing them downwards or upwards while already airbone(more specifically, above a pit or near the top of the screen) would be a little too good for K.Os.

Buzzwole's Down Special could be something like like Leech Life, a command grab that steals health. And it has things like Vital Throw too. Lunge could be one of its recovery moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Huh. I'm so used to the idea of Incineroar being a grappler archetype because wrestler that I didn't even realize that Buzzwole could easily fill the same niche while giving a more Broly-style of brutality.

I was already on board with Buzzwole as my second choice, but this may push it up to number one for me now...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm all in for a true grappler in Smash. Almost 20 years since the first game and we still don't have one of the biggest fightihg archetypes, that needs to change.

And we know it can work, thanks to Paco in Brawlout and Luffy in SSF2.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Incineroar would be fine too, but who knows if it'll happen. Maybe the devs don't want to step on Charizard's toes since there's already a Fire Starter Pokemon, on top of being a heavy hitter too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Incineroar would be fine too, but who knows if it'll happen. Maybe the devs don't want to step on Charizard's toes since there's already a Fire Starter Pokemon, on top of being a heavy hitter too.
I honestly don't think types matter in character selection.

With that said though, if the Switch game in the works is a Gen 8, Incenaroar's chances go from likely to possibly zero and the new starters would be more likely.

Last edited:
I was already on board with Buzzwole as my second choice, but this may push it up to number one for me now...
Gosh dangit, Incineroar's support group is already niche as is, and we're losing one of our strongest supporters.

Heels aren't supposed to be the underdogs dammit! That's why Incinaroar is a cat!

D

Deleted member

Gosh dangit, Incineroar's support group is already niche as is, and we're losing one of our strongest supporters.

Heels aren't supposed to be the underdogs dammit! That's why Incinaroar is a cat!
Relax, I'm not not supporting Incineroar anymore. :p
I've supported both the tiger and the mosquito rather evenly as they're my two favorites of the generation, just with the tiger having the edge in who I'd prefer. Not much would change even if the mosquito would take the edge instead. :laugh:

I honestly don't think types matter in character selection.

With that said though, if the Switch game in the works is a Gen 8, Incenaroar's chances go from likely to possibly zero and the new starters would be more likely.
There's also the matter of the 2018 film and which Pokemon are going to be featured.
The fact Incineroar was one of the featured Pokemon in the most recent movie is a bigger push for it than being a Starter, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom