• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schmammal

Smash Rookie
After all this discussions about patterns and looking into the roster for a long time, I noticed some really obvious ones.
Because of this, I'm absolutely sure these 13 will be the next newcomers:
  1. Lip
  2. Paper Mario
  3. Mach Rider
  4. Steve
  5. Dixie Kong
  6. Isaac
  7. Geno
  8. Ridley
  9. Rowlet
  10. Tingle
  11. Isaac
  12. Bandana Dee
  13. Isaac
I'll include the reasons in the spoiler below.

1. Every game has had a newcomer with three letters:
    :fox64: Fox
    :roymelee: Roy
    :pit: Pit
    :4mii: Mii

Next up MUST be Lip.

2. Every game has had a newcomer starting with a P:
    :pikachu64: Pikachu
    :peachmelee: Peach
    :pit: Pit (yes he fits two patterns)
    :4pacman: Pac-Man

So, why is left? Paper Mario, that's who.

3. Also, every game has had a newcomer starting with a M:
    :mario64: Mario
    :marthmelee: Marth
    :metaknight: Meta Knight (this broke the old patterns because he does not start with MAR)
    :4megaman: Mega Man

Next up: Mach Rider. Search your heart, you know it to be true.

4. Even crazier, every game has had a newcomer with five letters, starting with an S:
    :samus64: Samus
    :sheikmelee: Sheik
    :snake: :sonic: Snake AND Sonic
    :4shulk: Shulk

So who can fill this spot? Steve. (I don't like it either but it only makes sense.)

5. And let's not forget the characters with a space in their name:
    :falcon64: Captain Falcon
    :younglinkmelee: Young Link
    :pt: Pokémon Trainer
    :4bowserjr: Bowser Jr.

Dixie Kong only makes sense. (King K. Rool has two spaces.)

6. Then there's the pattern of five letters, one of which being an I:
    :kirby64: :yoshi64: Kirby AND Yoshi
    :sheikmelee: Sheik
    :wario: Wario
    :4robinm: Robin
    Isaac is the only fit. CONFIRMED BOYS.

7. Every game has introduced a character in blue:
    :falcon64: Captain Falcon
    :marthmelee: Marth
    :sonic: Sonic
    :4greninja: Greninja

Who fits this pattern, too? Geno.

8. Then there's a character from space in every game:
    :fox64: Fox
    :falcomelee: Flaco
    :wolf: Wolf
    :rosalina: Rosalina & Luma

Who else but the space pirate boss Ridley for the new game?

9. Each game also introduced a character with one letter less than a character in the previous version:
    :dk64: Donkey Kong (10)
    :ganondorfmelee: Ganondorf (9)
    :charizard: Lizardon (8) (We have to remember that these patterns are in a Japanese game.)
    :4megaman: Mega Man (7)

My guess for the next character is is Rowlet but I guess Ninten fits too.

10. There's a new character with pointy ear things in each game:
    :pikachu64: Pikachu
    :zeldamelee: Zelda
    :wolf: Wolf
    :4greninja: Greninja

MUST be Tingle.

11. There's a newcomer with blonde hair in each game:
    :link64: Link
    :peachmelee: Peach
    :lucas: Lucas
    :4shulk: Shulk

Who else is blonde? Isaac.

12. Then there's a character with a hat in each game:
    :icsmelee: Ice Climbers
    :dedede: King Dedede
    :4megaman: Mega Man

Who else is know for his hat? 100% Bandana Dee.

13. Finally, there's a character with gloves in each game:
    :icsmelee: Ice Climbers
    :dedede: King Dedede
    :4pacman: Pac-Man

Isaac undeniably has gloves.
Yes, this is how you come across when discussing patterns.
This is a big elaborate joke right?

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
The mindset I approach it on and many people do that Smash 4 with DLC hosted about 58 characters total. Most fighting games tend to have.... issues around the 55-60+ mark. So the logic that in order to have new characters that old ones have to be removed or cut due to time reasons is extremely realistic of an expectation to have.
I'm curious about this mindset you have. With this logic it seems like you're saying that we are either going to have only a few newcomers, or major cuts in order to make way for new characters.

I know of plenty of fighting games that have rosters a lot larger than 60,70,80,90+ characters to choose from.

I don't think it's daft to think that Smash 5's roster will be between 70-80 characters. 70-73 worst case scenario, 74-77 realistically, and 78-80+ optimistically.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So on the topic of WTF characters...

..why hasn't anyone mentioned 1-2 Switch as a possibility?

D

Deleted member

I can see that well hopefully we get more news soon regarding roster and such. Anyway yeah looking forward to characters old and new. Whoever they are.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be real, Minecraft Steve would be an interesting character for Smash but he's in a strange likelihood limbo as Microsoft owns Mojang but they have some autonomy so they can release the game on all platforms.

For the record though, is Minecraft as big in Japan as it is in the rest of the world?

D

Deleted member

To be real, Minecraft Steve would be an interesting character for Smash but he's in a strange likelihood limbo as Microsoft owns Mojang but they have some autonomy so they can release the game on all platforms.

For the record though, is Minecraft as big in Japan as it is in the rest of the world?
Actually, Minecraft is not as popular in Japan.
The places where Minecraft is at its biggest points are the USA and Europe.
Makes sense considering Minecraft and Mojang are from the USA. :p
Source: https://kotaku.com/what-nintendos-top-game-creators-think-of-minecraft-1593839008

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just thought of the best AT of all time.

E3 Wii Music Performers.

Essentially, all these performers come out of the AT really poorly cropped and start playing music and everyone on stage aside from the summoner who wears earplugs just dies on the spot.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm curious about this mindset you have. With this logic it seems like you're saying that we are either going to have only a few newcomers, or major cuts in order to make way for new characters.

I know of plenty of fighting games that have rosters a lot larger than 60,70,80,90+ characters to choose from.

I don't think it's daft to think that Smash 5's roster will be between 70-80 characters. 70-73 worst case scenario, 74-77 realistically, and 78-80+ optimistically.
I'm more of a fan of quality over quantity in that regards. The problem with massive rosters you have a large risk of either poorly implementation characters, overpowered characters, excessive cloning, or buggy development process. The only way to avoid that would be to extend development time far beyond what would be considered reasonable.

I think people overestimate what Sakurai and his team is actually functionally capable of while maintain a good level of quality. It is unlikely to be a 80 character roster where all 58 characters from Smash 4 are kept with a whole slew of new characters a the same time. People were making similar large scale assumptions about Smash 4 as well and it didn't pan out then either. Smash 4 was a good roster, but there were a lot of people making claims to the same 70-80 character rosters back then too.

It's fine to dream and hope for such a thing. I think people are setting themselves for disappointment by doing so though.

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
That was only true in Brawl. In contrast, none of the cuts in Smash 4 were clones or semi-clones.
Ice Climbers were cut for technical reasons. I feel like Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle and Ivysaur) is somewhat in that boat, due to the removal of switching characters mid-battle, but we still got Charizard. Snake was cut due licensing issues. The other two were Lucas and Wolf. Both are clones. Lucas was brought back via DLC due to fan demand, and I feel Wolf will get that treatment in Smash V.

The Ice Climbers are most likely coming back. I would be surprised if they didn't. Sakurai tried to implement the best he could, but now, 3DS limitations aren't a problem. He hand picked them for Melee, they were in Brawl, and the ONLY reason they were cut was because of the 3DS.

Charizard is the more popular Pokemon between Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. With the removal of switching out mechanic, I think they chose Charizard to stay as not to over saturate the roster with Pokemon representation. That would've been Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, and Mewtwo. Now personally, I don't see why Pokemon can't have 8 reps. It's a huge franchise, but I digress.

Lucas is probably coming back for Smash V. As I think Wolf will too due to fan demand.

Due to recent events with Konami, I don't think we will see Snake again.

My cut choices for Smash V are Lucina, Dark Pit, and Mii Fighters (I feel strongly that they'll be cut.) Corrin, Greninja, Cloud, and Ryu are walking a tight rope in my eyes too sadly enough. However, with Sakurai's love for Fire Emblem, and it's boom in recent years, along with Corrin being unique, she may be safe. Greninja is the most popular Pokemon in Japan, and Sakurai has said before, while the game is for a global audience, he does make it somewhat Japan centric. Also, Greninja is unique. Square has devoted themselves to supporting the Switch, and I'd be surprised to see Cloud go. Ryu is from Street Fighter, Sakurai's favorite game. He got him once, he will probably fight for him to be in again, and Ryu was incredibly well-received by the fanbase.

The best part about all this speculation is though...None of us have a f**king clue what's going to happen.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So on the topic of WTF characters...

..why hasn't anyone mentioned 1-2 Switch as a possibility?
Because it was universally panned and incredibly forgettable. "Let's make a Wario Ware game, take anything iconic out of the equation, offer a fraction of the content, and charge full price for it." Not going to lie, probably one of the worst launch titles Nintendo has ever had.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Seeing the list of votes from past polls actually got me hyped to write into the thread again. I want to talk on a bunch of topic from the past 100 pages, lol. But I will start with this one.

Not trying to be offensive or mean, but you are probably a young person or your line of job is not one of production.

No matter how you cut it, every character that is included has influence over if another character can make it into the game.

Play a game with me. Think of your top 100 characters you would like in Smash to make the perfect roster. Have them on the top of your head. Start a chronometer and write as many names as you can for exactly 30 seconds, no more and no less.

You will probably get somewhere between 20-40 names written down. Can you see how the 20-40 you chose to write down first in a way took the spots of the other 60-80 chars?

If I told you to repeat the exercise but now don't write down any of the chars from the first time. Is it not true that now a whole new 20-40 chars made the list?

Basically every char has a time cost attached to it. Some characters like Puff or Dark Pit cost much less time, while chars like Shulk cost a lot if time, but they still all cost time. The developers only have an X amount of time and every char takes away from that X until there is no more to take away.

In conclusion, yes, every char included does in fact affect the chances of another char making it in.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Because it was universally panned and incredibly forgettable. "Let's make a Wario Ware game, take anything iconic out of the equation, offer a fraction of the content, and charge full price for it." Not going to lie, probably one of the worst launch titles Nintendo has ever had.
Oh don't get me wrong lol. I want no part of anything 1-2 Switch in Smash. I was just thinking about the possibility of a character from that game being in Smash. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Although I do feel we're going to get a soundtrack from that game and maybe even a trophy.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I've seen a fair share of people predicting Isabelle will get in, do people think she'll be a regular newcomer or a clone/semi-clone of Villager? I'm only asking this because I'm completely oblivious when it comes to Animal Crossing, but it does seem like a series where it might be difficult to draw a completely new moveset from given its peaceful nature and how Villager covers a lot of the things from it. Animal Crossing is certainly deserving of another rep, but I'm interested in hearing from people who know more about the series than I do.
She'd likely share the same general stats as Villager, though maybe a bit lighter, but there's enough material in AC for her to have no overlap with Villager at all.
I think most other people here who say Villager perfectly represents AC by themselves haven't spent much time looking at the series either. Villager represents only a few things you can do in-game: use the tools, pluck weeds, put things into your pockets, plant trees, etc, but even then there's quite a bit missing. There's no fishing rod, toy hammer, party poppers, sparklers, glow wands, the VAST array of furniture or Public Works Projects(outside decorations for the town, some functional, some purely for looks), there's just so much that Villager doesn't show anywhere in their moveset.
I'm not gonna say Isabelle is a shoo-in, as I know Sakurai makes some pretty dumb*** decisions like not adding Villager in Brawl and I can see him overlooking her cause he thinks she's too non-violent, but beyond that reason I can't see anything else that would hold her back unless Sakurai just doesn't like her or the AC series.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Haven't been around a lot as of late but I remember two characters that popped up every once in awhile during the super early days of SSB5 speculation were Nikki (Swapnote) and Baito (Nintendo Badge Arcade). Anybody still support them or have they come and gone as flavors of the month?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Seeing the list of votes from past polls actually got me hyped to write into the thread again. I want to talk on a bunch of topic from the past 100 pages, lol. But I will start with this one.

Not trying to be offensive or mean, but you are probably a young person or your line of job is not one of production.

No matter how you cut it, every character that is included has influence over if another character can make it into the game.

Play a game with me. Think of your top 100 characters you would like in Smash to make the perfect roster. Have them on the top of your head. Start a chronometer and write as many names as you can for exactly 30 seconds, no more and no less.

You will probably get somewhere between 20-40 names written down. Can you see how the 20-40 you chose to write down first in a way took the spots of the other 60-80 chars?

If I told you to repeat the exercise but now don't write down any of the chars from the first time. Is it not true that now a whole new 20-40 chars made the list?

Basically every char has a time cost attached to it. Some characters like Puff or Dark Pit cost much less time, while chars like Shulk cost a lot if time, but they still all cost time. The developers only have an X amount of time and every char takes away from that X until there is no more to take away.

In conclusion, yes, every char included does in fact affect the chances of another char making it in.
Or the Miis. Dear god... How much time they must have taken. I shiver at the thought, it was probably worth at least 5 or 6 characters and they came attached with so many exceptions that it becomes pretty clear Sakurai was not the one who wanted them in the game. He said as much before. But, you know, Nintendo has nothing to do with his decisions. They just let him do whatever he wants. :awesome:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I'm more of a fan of quality over quantity in that regards. The problem with massive rosters you have a large risk of either poorly implementation characters, overpowered characters, excessive cloning, or buggy development process. The only way to avoid that would be to extend development time far beyond what would be considered reasonable.

I think people overestimate what Sakurai and his team is actually functionally capable of while maintain a good level of quality. It is unlikely to be a 80 character roster where all 58 characters from Smash 4 are kept with a whole slew of new characters a the same time. People were making similar large scale assumptions about Smash 4 as well and it didn't pan out then either. Smash 4 was a good roster, but there were a lot of people making claims to the same 70-80 character rosters back then too.

It's fine to dream and hope for such a thing. I think people are setting themselves for disappointment by doing so though.
Smash V could have a roster of 70+ characters, and still be a quality game with unique characters. I agree 80 is excessive. I think the roster will be around 74 characters give or take. I believe we will get cuts from Smash 4. If Smash V is nothing but Smash 4's roster with only a few new characters, that's not a new game, that's a "deluxe" port, and literally all signs are pointing to this being a new game in the series. With successful as Smash is for Nintendo, I don't think they'd want to market this as a new game, and then put out Smash 4+. That'd be a cop out, and leave a bad taste in the mouth of fans of the game.

I'm 26, and I am just going off what the game director has said. They choose the roster before development of the game starts, and may decide to add in a few more along development. I get what you're trying to get at though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how much they earned from mii costumes.

If that was profitable in and of itself I see even less reason to get rid of miis.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

That being said Smash 5 is being solely developed for the Switch unlike Smash 4 which had to split resources between the Wii U and the 3DS.

I do expect more or less the same amount of newcomers we got in Smash 4. Like 12-15 or maybe a bit more if we're lucky. Cuts I think are most likely going to happen and I think it might be characters who we're not expecting. Just a gut feeling.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wonder how much they earned from mii costumes.

If that was profitable in and of itself I see even less reason to get rid of miis.
That is the worst part, I bet they made more off of the costumes than the actual characters. That is why so many Triple A publishers are basically converting to a mobile gaming model as is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That is the worst part, I bet they made more off of the costumes than the actual characters. That is why so many Triple A publishers are basically converting to a mobile gaming model as is.
Is it sad that I'm deeply thankful that Nintendo lives in it's own little business world and hasn't yet heard of paid lootboxes?

You wanna be depressed, think of how EA would butcher the game.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As an OG, it kind of pains me how popular Isaac still is. Golden Sun and the Lost Age were awesome while Dark Dawn was painfully mediocre on all accounts. The fact that Dark Dawn ended on a giant cliffhanger almost eight years ago makes matters even worse. Isaac should have been in Brawl and his chances for future Smash games were pretty much nuked when Dark Dawn utterly flopped. Sucks for Krystal fans too, given she was retconned out of Star Fox and everything.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As an OG, it kind of pains me how popular Isaac still is. Golden Sun and the Lost Age were awesome while Dark Dawn was painfully mediocre on all accounts. The fact that Dark Dawn ended on a giant cliffhanger almost eight years ago makes matters even worse. Isaac should have been in Brawl and his chances for future Smash games were pretty much nuked when Dark Dawn utterly flopped. Sucks for Krystal fans too, given she was retconned out of Star Fox and everything.
Oddly enough he's only on my list now because I have problems coming up with people I still want to see lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Krystal's not been retconned out per-se as SFZero was very vague on whether it was a remake/telling/boot but the sentiment is still there.

I wonder how her and Isaac did in the Ballot...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Uhh... I think you meant to say that it pleases you to still see Isaac popular right? lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
Uhh... I think you meant to say that it pleases you to still see Isaac popular right? lol.
You never know, maybe it hurts him because there are so many disappointed fans out there? It sort of depresses me that people still believe Banjo has a chance. Witnessing their hope that will imminently be desecrated by the cold harsh truth of reality. It would be fun if I did not once love the character myself.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I know zero squats about Golden Sun, and I heck, never knew who the Golden Boy where when he tried to give me a giant high five back in Brawl, but then I joined Smashboards, and got to learn a bit of him, and as well playing Super Smash Flash 2, the whole view of Isaac became so pleasing, and therefore, I'd like to see Isaac playable, even without ever knowing nothing of the series still, but that is because I'm convinced. He is not my top 5, but arguably part of top 10.

You never know, maybe it hurts him because there are so many disappointed fans out there? It sort of depresses me that people still believe Banjo has a chance. Witnessing their hope that will imminently be desecrated by the cold harsh truth of reality. It would be fun if I did not once love the character myself.
Yeah, I sort of get that too... Most of my most wanted are considered pipe-dreams, but it's the fact of not knowing anything that keeps us hoping, until we get a cookie and start paying attention to the road created ahead of us.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Actually, Minecraft is not as popular in Japan.
The places where Minecraft is at its biggest points are the USA and Europe.
Makes sense considering Minecraft and Mojang are from the USA. :p
Source: https://kotaku.com/what-nintendos-top-game-creators-think-of-minecraft-1593839008
From 2014, though. Minecraft didn't come to Wii U until almost 2016.

It makes sense Nintendo would not necessarily know or care much about it at that point, I believe MC has turned around quite a bit in Japan since this article.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean **** we're all hopeless optimists lol.

We know how things usually turn out in the end.

Morbi

Scavenger
From 2014, though. Minecraft didn't come to Wii U until almost 2016.

It makes sense Nintendo would not necessarily know or care much about it at that point, I believe MC turned around quite a bit in Japan since this article.
Even if Minecraft was just as big in Japan, or even bigger than it is in the West, I still doubt they would select Steve over Master Chief or Banjo, to be completely honest. Steve is perhaps, one of the ONLY characters, that would be a reason to not purchase the game and almost none of its success as a franchise is owed to Steve.

I am not even going to bother looking it up, but perhaps the TellTale Minecraft follows Steve and that is much more indicative of his popularity.

I mean **** we're all hopeless optimists lol.

We know how things usually turn out in the end.
Not this time, this time I am just want Spring Man... Eventually, it can be for DLC. Let us see Sakurai **** that up. Try it, daddy.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Honestly curious as to why people think Isaac has a low chance to make it in.

Saw a thread of char likeliness being voted and Isaac got a something like a 13% because according to people he "is not relevant anymore" and "lost his chance".

Isaac was one of the highest New IP (as in not in Smash) placings back in Brawl era poll. The other higher IPs like Little Mac already made it in and Isaac was also amongst the highest overall in almost every poll back in the Smash 4 ballot and dlc days, so he probably had an overall good outcome on the ballot.

Yet somehow people think that now he has no chance.

I think people hark too hard on the newest shiny thing and kind of forget that Smash is mostly about old stuff that is loved, which is what Isaac literally is.

Isaac is one of my only 5-7 newcomers that I really want, and 3-4 of those newcomers are basically extremely unlikely (with one of those being considered the worst possible addition by basically 90% of the Smash community).

So I only got like 2-3 real newcomers I really really want that can actually make it in and Isaac is definitely one of those.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
At this point I'm just going to assume nobody I want is getting in and focus more on how fun the game and surprise of the characters will be so I don't get disappointed (even if I think the characters may have a higher chance of getting in.)

That being said, I think the ballot will make the roster much more appealing this time for many character fans out there. Characters like K. Rool, Geno, etc; while may not be necessary likely, probably have the best chances this game that they're going to get.

Or not. Who knows. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about everything this time.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Even if Minecraft was just as big in Japan, or even bigger than it is in the West, I still doubt they would select Steve over Master Chief or Banjo, to be completely honest. Steve is perhaps, one of the ONLY characters, that would be a reason to not purchase the game and almost none of its success as a franchise is owed to Steve.

I am not even going to bother looking it up, but perhaps the TellTale Minecraft follows Steve and that is much more indicative of his popularity.

Not this time, this time I am just want Spring Man... Eventually, it can be for DLC. Let us see Sakurai **** that up. Try it, daddy.
Well Spring Man is pretty much a safe bet so you won't have to worry that much.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly curious as to why people think Isaac has a low chance to make it in.

Saw a thread of char likeliness being voted and Isaac got a something like a 13% because according to people he "is not relevant anymore" and "lost his chance".

Isaac was one of the highest New IP (as in not in Smash) placings back in Brawl era poll. The other higher IPs like Little Mac already made it in and Isaac was also amongst the highest overall in almost every poll back in the Smash 4 ballot and dlc days, so he probably had an overall good outcome on the ballot.

Yet somehow people think that now he has no chance.

I think people hark too hard on the newest shiny thing and kind of forget that Smash is mostly about old stuff that is loved, which is what Isaac literally is.

Isaac is one of my only 5-7 newcomers that I really want, and 3-4 of those newcomers are basically extremely unlikely (with one of those being considered the worst possible addition by basically 90% of the Smash community).

So I only got like 2-3 real newcomers I really really want that can actually make it in and Isaac is definitely one of those.
If anything, he has one of the higher chances because he was quite heavily discussed during the ballot era. He was among the only missing characters from last time. I bet he has a higher priority this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom