• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In regards to surprising newcomers and the patterns they appear in, this is what I've noticed.

Historical Newcomer (Argued by some to be based on peripherals) : :gawmelee::rob::4duckhunt:
Retro (Famicom) Character: :icsmelee::pit::4wiremac:

Then I'd argue others are intended to be surprises, but not to fulfill a specific criteria.

Unexpected Newcomer:
:falcon64::ness64:
:sheikmelee::marthmelee:
:zerosuitsamus::pt:
:4wiifit::rosalina:
:4corrin:

One could argue that two unexpected newcomers make it every game in the base roster (I separated Corrin because DLC). I have Marth and Rosalina as surprises because one was Japan-exclusive and the other was practically not considered.

I did not include the third parties because, while surprising, they are not added exclusively for shock factor. (See: Snake, Cloud, Bayonetta)
I'd add Bowser Jr. but really, he was only unexpected because of Rosalina. We forgot, as we always do, that multiple characters from the same series can get in at once.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Why are you so hostile over a video game character jesus christ
I’m not the one being hostile here. When people bull**** me I don’t sit down and take it.

Why yes I do wish I could be talking about stuff here with someone who isn't grossly ignorant and unfit for debate.

Then talk to me lmao.

Don't expect much progress when arguing with Lancerstaff.

Just wait until reality proves him wrong, as it often does.
You mean... Basically never?

Maybe instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks and hiding behind these pathetic cliques you people could actually keep up a discussion.

I was told the same bull**** before Smash 4 came out. Except it was about different things... Like how edgehogging and L canceling were supposedly universally good mechanics. What a joke.

Maybe you just need to accept that people have different opinions and come to different conclusions.

Dude. Seriously. Look anywhere online outside of Smashboards and you'll see people were upset. Hell, I was upset. Do I not count?

Closing your eyes doesn't stop something from existing just because you can no longer see it.
I looked. I was there too. You shouldn’t be making up stories like this.

Again, opinions even in this very topic fluctuate with the hour. Or do do you deny this?

Saying the Ice Climbers weren’t missed is blantntly false, and you only say that because you don’t care about them. Others have come and explained to you not only why they were missed, but what made them different from Rosalina and Luma.

You deliberately ignored both and then said others were wrong that they weren’t both puppeteer characters. You then provided zero evidence to state why they were the same.

You are also the first one to bring attitude and negativity to the discussion.

If you don’t like the Ice Climbers, that’s totally fine! Nobody will come after you for not liking them. It’s the pretending that nobody misses them that is bothering others. As somebody who didn’t play them often, I can say that my friends and I DO want them back in the game.

If you didn’t include the inflammatory stuff, this discussion probably would have ended by now.

Also, not that it means anything but the whole “i’m just speaking the truth”, “literally nobody liked that and they’re just whiny about everything” schtick is pretty juvenile. Just throwing that out there.
It’s hyperbole. Of course somebody somewhere missed them, but somebody somewhere would of missed literal dog**** too.

Like usual, the Smash fanbase is totally overblowing the outcry that is usually totally contained within one teeny tiny subset of fans.

Nobody explained anything. People parroted each other on some garbage about how “duo” characters are supposedly different from “puppet” characters without using vague bull****.

Nope. I was not. Go back and look yourself.

I’m the one pretending here... Yeah no. ICies aren’t this super important character that everybody missed. Even Wolf had infinitely more support throughout Smash 4, and he wasn’t acknowledged at all. And he’s a character that could of easily been included.

Telling the truth isn’t juvenile. Calling out blatant lies isn’t juvenile. Trying to pretend that I’m just some idiot who’s always wrong, slinging insults everywhere and shutting down all actual discussion is though.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Anything new?

And besides that. I want some other past stages that haven't appeared again. Fourside and Fountain of Dreams being the main ones I want to see again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I’m not the one being hostile here. When people bull**** me I don’t sit down and take it.

Then talk to me lmao.

You mean... Basically never?

Maybe instead of resorting to ad hominem attacks and hiding behind these pathetic cliques you people could actually keep up a discussion.

I was told the same bull**** before Smash 4 came out. Except it was about different things... Like how edgehogging and L canceling were supposedly universally good mechanics. What a joke.

Maybe you just need to accept that people have different opinions and come to different conclusions.

I looked. I was there too. You shouldn’t be making up stories like this.

Again, opinions even in this very topic fluctuate with the hour. Or do do you deny this?

It’s hyperbole. Of course somebody somewhere missed them, but somebody somewhere would of missed literal dog**** too.

Like usual, the Smash fanbase is totally overblowing the outcry that is usually totally contained within one teeny tiny subset of fans.

Nobody explained anything. People parroted each other on some garbage about how “duo” characters are supposedly different from “puppet” characters without using vague bull****.

Nope. I was not. Go back and look yourself.

I’m the one pretending here... Yeah no. ICies aren’t this super important character that everybody missed. Even Wolf had infinitely more support throughout Smash 4, and he wasn’t acknowledged at all. And he’s a character that could of easily been included.

Telling the truth isn’t juvenile. Calling out blatant lies isn’t juvenile. Trying to pretend that I’m just some idiot who’s always wrong, slinging insults everywhere and shutting down all actual discussion is though.
For the sake of the others in this thread, I'm not continuing this beyond this post. If you truly refuse to see that people clearly wanted the Ice Climbers back, you're not arguing in good faith, and as such it isn't worth my time.

We're done here now.

My first legit attempt at a Smash 5 roster, still working on a few things.
Thoughts?

Super Mario [8]:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Rosalina
-Bowser Jr
-Paper Mario (New)
-Captain Toad (New)

Legend of Zelda [6]:

-Link {Breath of the Wild}
-Zelda {Breath of the Wild}
-Gaondorf {Twilight Princess}
-Sheik
-Toon Link
-Urbosa (New)

Pokemon [6]:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Charizard
-Lucario
-Greninja
-Gen 8 Pokemon (New)

Fire Emblem [6]:

-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Corrin
-Celica (New)
-FE16 Character (New)

Animal Crossing [2]:

-Villager
-Isabelle (New)

Donkey Kong [3]:

-DK
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool (New)

Kirby [3]:

-Kirby
-Metaknight
-King DeDeDe

Kid Icarus [2]:

-Pit
-Palutena

Earthbound/Mother [2]:

-Ness
-Lucas

Xenoblade [2]:

-Shulk
-Rex (New)

-Metroid [3]:

-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Sylux (New)

Star Fox [2]:

-Fox
-Falco

WarioWare/Wario Land [2]:

-Wario
-Ashley (New)

Miscellaneous [10]:

-Inklings {Splatoon} (New)
-Spring Man/Ribbon Girl {ARMS} (New)
-Little Mac {Punchout}
-Captain Falcon {F-Zero}
-Olimar/Alph {Pikmin}
-Wii Fit Trainer {Wii Series}
-Yoshi {Yoshi's Island}
-Mii Gunner
-Mii Swordfighter
-Mii Brawler

Retro [5]:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-ROB
-Ice Climbers
-Duck Hunt
-Muddy Mole (New)

Third Party [8]:

-Sonic
-Mega-Man
-Pac-Man
-Ryu
-Bayonetta
-Cloud
-Shantae (New)
-Bomberman (New)

70 Characters
16 Newcomers

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thoughts?

Super Mario [8]:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Rosalina
-Bowser Jr
-Paper Mario (New)
-Captain Toad (New)

Legend of Zelda [6]:

-Sheik
-Toon Link
-Urbosa (New)

Pokemon [6]:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Charizard
-Lucario
-Greninja
-Gen 8 Pokemon (New)

Fire Emblem [6]:

-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Corrin
-Celica (New)
-FE16 Character (New)

Animal Crossing [2]:

-Villager
-Isabelle (New)

Donkey Kong [3]:

-DK
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool (New)

Kirby [3]:

-Kirby
-Metaknight
-King DeDeDe

Kid Icarus [2]:

-Pit
-Palutena

Earthbound/Mother [2]:

-Ness
-Lucas

Xenoblade [2]:

-Shulk
-Rex (New)

-Metroid [3]:

-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Sylux (New)

Star Fox [2]:

-Fox
-Falco

-Wario
-Ashley (New)

Miscellaneous [10]:

-Little Mac {Punchout}
-Captain Falcon {F-Zero}
-Olimar/Alph {Pikmin}
-Yoshi {Yoshi's Island}
-Mii Gunner
-Mii Swordfighter
-Mii Brawler

Retro [5]:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-ROB
-Ice Climbers
-Duck Hunt
-Muddy Mole (New)

Third Party [8]:

-Sonic
-Mega-Man
-Pac-Man
-Ryu
-Bayonetta
-Cloud
-Shantae (New)
-Bomberman (New)

70 Characters
16 Newcomers
Looks a pretty good roster.
I think Urbosa is a bit of an odd choice IMO but that might just be me.
Question, does Rex fight with Pyra or some other Blade?

Am I the only one who doesn’t mind scrolling stages? I mean, for sure I understand why people don’t like them from a competitive standpoint, but for a little multiplayer havoc, why not?
I love scrolling stages, they are usually very fun.
They’ve never cut a character who has been in two Smash games unless there were tech issues. In my opinion, anybody getting cut would be from Wii U/3DS. I also find that crazy and am thinking there may be hope for no cuts if i’m right in terms of the development of this game.
Hope for no cuts but the only ones I expect it possibly to happen to would be the three clones from SSB4 that were supposed to be alt characters.
It's really upsetting to see you all talking about cuts when we haven't even seen footage of the game. I don't know why you're all so eager to jump on this.

There's a 90% chance they reused all the character assets from the last game which makes the fully capable of bringing back all of the veterans.

And that doesn't make it a PORT. I'm so sick of this black & white discussion of "Either it's a port or it's a new game". You can make a brand new game by porting assets over from the last one. It happens all the time.
The best case scenario is we have the entire SSB4 roster (including DLC) with a good chunk of newcomers (about 12-16 sounds pretty good).

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts?

Super Mario [8]:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Rosalina
-Bowser Jr
-Paper Mario (New)
-Captain Toad (New)...
I could dig this roster. Its got some out there ideas but some solid ones Id like to play. Good job on the realism.

Troykv

Smash Master
Thoughts?

Super Mario [8]:

-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Rosalina
-Bowser Jr
-Paper Mario (New)
-Captain Toad (New)

Legend of Zelda [6]:

-Sheik
-Toon Link
-Urbosa (New)

Pokemon [6]:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Charizard
-Lucario
-Greninja
-Gen 8 Pokemon (New)

Fire Emblem [6]:

-Marth
-Ike
-Robin
-Corrin
-Celica (New)
-FE16 Character (New)

Animal Crossing [2]:

-Villager
-Isabelle (New)

Donkey Kong [3]:

-DK
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool (New)

Kirby [3]:

-Kirby
-Metaknight
-King DeDeDe

Kid Icarus [2]:

-Pit
-Palutena

Earthbound/Mother [2]:

-Ness
-Lucas

Xenoblade [2]:

-Shulk
-Rex (New)

-Metroid [3]:

-Samus
-Zero Suit Samus
-Sylux (New)

Star Fox [2]:

-Fox
-Falco

-Wario
-Ashley (New)

Miscellaneous [10]:

-Little Mac {Punchout}
-Captain Falcon {F-Zero}
-Olimar/Alph {Pikmin}
-Yoshi {Yoshi's Island}
-Mii Gunner
-Mii Swordfighter
-Mii Brawler

Retro [5]:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-ROB
-Ice Climbers
-Duck Hunt
-Muddy Mole (New)

Third Party [8]:

-Sonic
-Mega-Man
-Pac-Man
-Ryu
-Bayonetta
-Cloud
-Shantae (New)
-Bomberman (New)

70 Characters
16 Newcomers
Considering the weird moment when Smash Bros development beginning, I'm having bigger doubts about the FE16 Character (but hey, it's completely possible, but not looks like a shoo-in now without a proper game reveal prior to Smash's reveal).

Stratos

Smash Ace
I want see the Adventure Mode in Super Smash Bros for Switch, but I'm not sure I want see or not the Tabuu again as Final Boss.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There’s very few people upset with their exclusion. How much this topic cares varies by the hour. Honestly, where did you get this silly idea?
LancerStaff said:
There is no bias. The game is just better with them gone. It’s like Sakurai said about transformations...
What, are you not supposed to call out bull****? If you’re going to stoop to insults you deserve to be treated like ****.
Let’s be honest here. Everybody wants to win. People don’t just handicap themselves intentionally for no reason. And casuals aren’t nearly as sentimental as us. If animu sword boy from that weird game they never heard of presents an advantage they’re likely to pick them over Mario. Or are you seriously telling me you didn’t have somebody pick Marth and counter spam as a kid? People grew attached to characters they perceived to be powerful.
Those other things are just ****ty tech. Tech has no place in a casual game.
No it’s not. Nobody wants to play as worse versions of other characters. Cut the elitism.
Someone once said something about a pot and a kettle.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd add Bowser Jr. but really, he was only unexpected because of Rosalina. We forgot, as we always do, that multiple characters from the same series can get in at once.
Speaking of which, are there any series that could possibly get multiple characters this time around? If we go with a base game basis and no DLC.

A last minute clone situation is always possible, but besides that I guess only... Mario and Pokémon have more than one character that could be considered "major" enough to get in at the same time? Based on the general speculation seen around at least, surprises are always possible of course.

Honestly, Zelda could easily get (and warrant) two newcomers at once but the character selection for it has always been a bit iffy haha.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I've seen a fair share of people predicting Isabelle will get in, do people think she'll be a regular newcomer or a clone/semi-clone of Villager? I'm only asking this because I'm completely oblivious when it comes to Animal Crossing, but it does seem like a series where it might be difficult to draw a completely new moveset from given its peaceful nature and how Villager covers a lot of the things from it. Animal Crossing is certainly deserving of another rep, but I'm interested in hearing from people who know more about the series than I do.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Just wanna throw this out there and say that by the time the ballot came around people already knew that the Ice Climbers' absence was because of 3DS hardware limitations.

That's why Wolf got more support for Smash 4; supporting Ice Climbers to return for the game would be a fruitless endeavor.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
So when it comes to Arms, I dont think they are going to make the initial cut. I think Arms wasnt far enough along when the characters were selected. That being said under normal circumstances I think they would be passed over till smash bros 6 because you have to be able to show off some new IP in each smash but I believe sakurai knows there has to be a reboot before 6. I mean The thought of a roster getting close to 100 characters has to kill any designer/programmer right? Because of that I believe the Arms rep will be the first to come in DLC. Thoughts on my logic?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've seen a fair share of people predicting Isabelle will get in, do people think she'll be a regular newcomer or a clone/semi-clone of Villager? I'm only asking this because I'm completely oblivious when it comes to Animal Crossing, but it does seem like a series where it might be difficult to draw a completely new moveset from given its peaceful nature and how Villager covers a lot of the things from it. Animal Crossing is certainly deserving of another rep, but I'm interested in hearing from people who know more about the series than I do.
I see her as a fully unique character, personally.

Do people actually think they'll cut Roy after bringing him back due to fan outcry?
Not only that, I think he's the single most likely character to get cut.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
One of the most annoying things to me right now is that people think Villager covers all there is to Animal Crossing.

He doesn't even cover 10 percent of what there is to Animal Crossing as a series. There's enough for at least 3 more AC newcomers to pull from not just Isabelle.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
One of the most annoying things to me right now is that people think Villager covers all there is to Animal Crossing.

He doesn't even cover 10 percent of what there is to Animal Crossing as a series. There's enough for at least 3 more AC newcomers to pull from not just Isabelle.
Best I can do is one.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I see her being like Wolf/Lucas. She would use Villager as a base, but they wouldn't be that similar.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of which, are there any series that could possibly get multiple characters this time around? If we go with a base game basis and no DLC.

A last minute clone situation is always possible, but besides that I guess only... Mario and Pokémon have more than one character that could be considered "major" enough to get in at the same time? Based on the general speculation seen around at least, surprises are always possible of course.

Honestly, Zelda could easily get (and warrant) two newcomers at once but the character selection for it has always been a bit iffy haha.
Well for a start there's Donkey Kong that has King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong as options.
Then there's Pokemon that has 800+ of the blooming things. Some of them, actually blooming. :182:
And if we have another Fire Emblem situation, Ribbon Girl couls easily be a clone/semi-clone of the newly added Spring Man

That's just off the top of my head.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I have only played Animal Crossing: City Folk, but I have seen many clips of AC:NL of Isabelle. The way she is characterized in the series personality/gameplay wise makes her very different from Villager. It is not that difficult to build the moveset if you take her playstyle from the gameplay of Animal Crossing: New Leaf with the actions a player can do as a village mayor.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd be surprised, albeit pleasantly, by more than 5 newcomers.

Looks a pretty good roster.
I think Urbosa is a bit of an odd choice IMO but that might just be me.
Question, does Rex fight with Pyra or some other Blade?
I feel that if Zelda gets another rep at this point it would be one of BOTW Champions. With Urbosa and Mipha being the top two choices.

And I see Rex using Pyra and Mythra for Special attacks and his Final Smash.
I could dig this roster. Its got some out there ideas but some solid ones Id like to play. Good job on the realism.
Thanks. I tried to look into games into the last couple of years up to next years to see what franchises and characters were pushed by Nintendo.
Considering the weird moment when Smash Bros development beginning, I'm having bigger doubts about the FE16 Character (but hey, it's completely possible, but not looks like a shoo-in now without a proper game reveal prior to Smash's reveal).
I don't think the entirety of roster choices are decided early on. I recall Lucario being one of the last choices in Brawl. Sakurai likely decides on characters as development goes on and see potential characters along the way. He also has to ability to go and talk to other Nintendo devs and see what is worked on. At this point he likely knows what is in the new Fire Emblem.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't expect many new characters this time. Though even ten new characters would already be a lot.
What I'm afraid of is if they decide to release new dlcs every few months. The Switch could live for six more years. Imagine all the money they could get by releasing, say, one character every six months (plus the stages, costumes if there are etc...).
Wallets will be empty.

I'd be surprised, albeit pleasantly, by more than 5 newcomers.
I feel there are too many viable newcomers at this point for only 5 on the disc. Even with DLC coming after you would need more day one. Especially since it has been in development for a while now and it seems like Sakurai is using Sm4sh as a basis. Meaning more time to focus on a roster.

Sadly I feel there would be backlash at that point.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I've known what Nintendo Labo is, but I've never watched any of the promo videos.

Just finished watching the Labo Robot video, and I much say, I think it'd be insane in Smash. He's be like a ROB character.

Seems to be easy to scale down and make it work, too. Would be pretty cool to see, honestly.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Right now, Zelda, Pokemon, and Splatoon are the only franchises I could see getting two or more characters on the base roster. Doubt any of the other franchises would get anything more than one newcomer, but who knows. I certainly didn't expect KI and FE to get two newcomers on Smash 4's base roster. Granted, Lucina and Dark Pit are clones, but it still took me by surprise.

Do people actually think they'll cut Roy after bringing him back due to fan outcry?
We're up to 58 characters now. It's a possibility that Sakurai might want to drop a few characters to make room for some newcomers, and compared to the rest of the Smash roster (and FE cast too), I suppose Roy doesn't feel as essential. He's not the first character I'd cut, but I can see why people may have doubts in him.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Not only that, I think he's the single most likely character to get cut.
He and Mewtwo were already cut due to being low priority in Brawl and only came back to Smash 4 as DLC characters in spite of Sakurai already being aware of the fan demand for them. Those two characters being cut again due to low priority wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Two+ years in secret and you expect only 5 newcomers?

And I thought @Burb was the most downplayed individual in Hype in all of Smashland.
Keep my expectations low so I can wrong and happy.

Otherwise I can be disappointed but satisfied that I was on the money.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He and Mewtwo were already cut due to being low priority in Brawl and only came back to Smash 4 as DLC characters in spite of Sakurai already being aware of the fan demand for them. Those two characters being cut again due to low priority wouldn't surprise me in the least.
I'll add this in, too.

Sakurai even said there were too many Fire Emblem characters, and I DO think we'll get a new one, so I'm expecting at least one cut. Roy and Lucina would likely be the easiest cuts to quell the "too much FE" thing due to being clones, and out of them, Lucina not only takes less work, but is also much more popular.

Roy's in the sad position of being a continuously low priority character in a series with lots of characters in Smash who is unique enough to take a bit of development time, but samey enough to not be a priority.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you didn't expect a character, that character was unexpected for you.

Ask yourself why. Ask yourself if there is a reoccurring pattern among the series in ways that surprise you.

Then, if you want, try to predict if those type of characters (Eastern, retro, gaming device character) can be represented in the new one.

Of course, if you expect unexpected characters, are they unexpected?

D

Deleted member

Yoshi's head not being centered bothers me.
I know, right?
All character's heads should be centered.

I'll add this in, too.

Sakurai even said there were too many Fire Emblem characters, and I DO think we'll get a new one, so I'm expecting at least one cut. Roy and Lucina would likely be the easiest cuts to quell the "too much FE" thing due to being clones, and out of them, Lucina not only takes less work, but is also much more popular.

Roy's in the sad position of being a continuously low priority character in a series with lots of characters in Smash who is unique enough to take a bit of development time, but samey enough to not be a priority.
I feel like Roy is the one going to go too. He only is wanted because of Melee rememberamce.

Mod Edit: Please let the LancerStaff stuff go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Cut it out with the personal attacks.

Likewise, if people cannot discuss Ice Climbers without attacking the person, then just drop it. We don't need flaming over nothing important.

Please keep it civil.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll add this in, too.

Personally, I'd choose Roy over Lucina. I get that she's more popular and the only non-avatar female FE character in Smash, but I'd rather keep Roy just because he does a better job of adding diversity (or at least as much diversity a semi-clone can offer) to the roster than Lucina. There's also the fact that Robin exists, so even if Lucina got cut, Awakening would still be represented on the roster.

I don't know who would be deemed a higher priority by Sakurai, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

D

Deleted member

I would love too see Animal Crossing get a new character Isabelle would be great she's just too cute. Or maybe Tom Nook or Mr. Resist. Whoever it is would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom