• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've said it before and I'll say it again: give me Spring Man or give me death.

All jokes aside, I can absolutely see why people want a different character to represent ARMS. The cast is just so well designed, and, yeah, Spring Man is pretty vanilla compared to characters like Min Min, Helix, and Twintelle, but he's my absolute favourite NIntendo character since Olimar, and it just so happens that he is the face of the game. It seems that him getting in would upset a lot of people, and that alone would dampen his inclusion for me. :(

So now I'm not sure if I want him or not...
I want Spring Man. If I can get Ribbon Girl as an alt I'm so for it.
I really like the blue & pink colour scheme, I do not know why, it's just really cool, but as others have stated, he gives off some Little Mac vibes, but so what? Little Mac vs Spring Man, I'm down. I do not need another Punch-Out! Character anyhow.

Chron

Smash Journeyman
That doesn't make any sense. It using the same engine, but having enough new additions to be called a new game (or is a completely new engine), makes it a new game. There are plenty of sequels that run on the same engine of the previous games.

If it runs on the same engine and is being marketed as a port with additional content, like a hypothetical "smash deluxe" would be, then its a port.

There isn't a way for it to be both.

I guess my real question is: why do people think they would even reuse the assets. There's been more than enough time to craft a new engine and assets at this point, especially if you go by past development times in the series.
Agreed.

I would actually be fine with it reusing an engine(if that was the case), just NOT the Smash 4 engine. I'm not just asking for Melee Part 2 either. I like the Brawl engine, (admittedly, not as much as Melee) and would be fine with it(minus tripping) being the engine for the new game. It's just, Smash 4 is SO different from Melee and Brawl, and I want a slightly less mind-game based system, and more skill-based.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm working on my own Isabelle moveset, because I thought it would be a challenge. I tried not to lean too heavily on Villager's gimmick of utilization of items from within the game. It's a little different than the above one.
It would be best to at least illustrate it like the moveset above and the Laboman moveset seen on Twitter if you wanna convince a large portion of people. I find drawing movesets to be a surprisingly effective method.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never really saw that argument last time myself. And while there are still characters, hundreds, even, they are not really the type of characters that would justify the production of a new Smash when they could have easily just made it a full port and covered their bases. Do not get me wrong, I believe this game and its roster will be fine, but we are literally scrapping at the bottom of the barrel. You have to remember, this game is not just made for us, it is made for casuals. That is apparently why Bayonetta won. People actually recognized Bayonetta over most existing Nintendo characters. That speaks volumes, if you ask me.

I just do not believe it is, at this point, there is really no evidence one way or the other. All I know is that Arms makes sense if you do not overthink it. The opposite is also true, it does not make sense to neglect the series.

I would argue there was time. Splatoon launched soon enough, they opted not to include them. Presumably, dun dun dun, because they had this game planned and they desperately NEEDED characters for it. Fun fact, it came out before Fire Emblem Fates. Another fun fact, there were not already 6 Inklings on the roster when they opted out of choosing them.

You cannot call my precedent half-baked and then rely on half-baked precedent. Either all ambiguous precedent is valid or none of it is. I mean, pick and choose all you want, but it is not great argumentation.
We're at the point where we have all of the characters we need to justify a new Smash game, characters that already sell the game and except for the Inklings, they were all added by Brawl. They don't have to include Spring Man in order to help sell the game because he is not a major Nintendo character like the Inklings are. He could miss out, become an Assist Trophy, and no one would bat an eye. To imply that characters like Tom Nook, Paper Mario, K. Rool, Takamaru, and Bandana Dee are just scrapping the bottom of the barrel, especially when "bottom of the barrel" is a subjective term, shows a lack of imagination. Also, Bayonetta being "casual" is the last thing anyone should say about her. She didn't get in because old ladies and young kids were the silent majority. Rather, her dedicated fans voted her in in large enough numbers, granted considering unrealizable characters, to get her a spot.

Finally, why hold back Inklings for the next game? There's no evidence to show that they weren't added because they were going to make it to Smash for Switch. Smash for Switch could have been literally a port with no extra characters and they would still not include them as DLC. No way were the Inklings held back out of desperation.
My argument was they could just make a different character a clone instead of Roy, how the **** did you get "Should have made a unique character" from that? Or that Spring Man would be a clone? My argument was they added a character who's game wasn't out before, then YOU went "Doesn't count because the franchise was in" and now you're moving the goalpost again!
Even if Sakurai did go with Leaf for a Marth clone, that's still a bad argument to make. Clones take up a lot less time to develop than an unique character and there was no room in Melee's roster for a second unique Fire Emblem character. How does Roy as a last-minute clone in a franchise that was already getting Marth compare to getting an entire franchise in with a unique character who's franchise debuted after the roster was decided?
I still fail too see how popularity or reception has any bearing on Smash, really.

First, Roy. Second, Other M Samus and Pyrosphere.

Smash makes things popular, more often than not. The other arguments against ARMS reps I can see though for what it's worth.
Melee, Brawl, and Smash 3DS & Wii U all included characters because of fan demand. Why would this game be any different, especially since the ballot will influence future character additions?
But the question is though. Who's going to be the 2nd newcomer? Place your bets!

I'm going with Rex & Pyra.
Same here. He has everything going for him and the only newcomer I would be legitimately shocked if he didn't get in.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: give me Spring Man or give me death.

All jokes aside, I can absolutely see why people want a different character to represent ARMS. The cast is just so well designed, and, yeah, Spring Man is pretty vanilla compared to characters like Min Min, Helix, and Twintelle, but he's my absolute favourite NIntendo character since Olimar, and it just so happens that he is the face of the game. It seems that him getting in would upset a lot of people, and that alone would dampen his inclusion for me. :(

So now I'm not sure if I want him or not...
I'm neutral on Spring Man myself. Even if I think his chances are overrated, I would still advise everyone to support the characters you want unconditionally. Look at @Opossum he supports Chrom despite him being seen by most people as bland or uninteresting and if I recall, he's one of his most wanted characters. If you want Spring Man in Smash, you should support him regardless of what detractors say.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It would be best to at least illustrate it like the moveset above and the Laboman moveset seen on Twitter if you wanna convince a large portion of people. I find drawing movesets to be a surprisingly effective method.
I agree, and if someone wants to illustrate it for me I'm totally game and that'd be very kind of them, but I'm no artist, so it's not my intention to provide pictures, past a few screenshots or gifs for reference.
And even if I was able to provide drawings, I don't know if I've the time for such an undertaking, especially since I'm personally not even overly invested in Isabelle.

People have tended to still enjoy my movesets regardless, and I'm not expecting this one to be shared as an image would be. Like I said, I made it mostly because I thought it'd be a challenge. I wanted to better envision the character and what she could bring to the table past some alternate moves for the Villager. If the character is brought to life for others as well through my moveset, even if only a little more than before, all the better.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Skull Kid is somewhat likely. Majora's Mask is one of the most iconic Zelda games and he's a popular character. Also there was Majora's Mask 3D shortly after the last Smash game. He seems like the most likely Zelda newcomer.

I don't know why you chose Karate Joe. Seems like if you want a Rhythm Heaven Character, you should pick one that encompasses the overall series. Otherwise that would be like picking the wolf from Egg instead of Mr. Game & Watch. Wouldn't you expect a character that has something to do with rhythm instead of karate? As for Rayman and Style Savvy, I don't know where you got the idea for them.

And I'll be pissed if Rex & Pyra arent' together. I was gonna say, this is an overall realistic roster despite that I dont think there is gonna be cuts, but you cut the clones for no reason. And if you're gonna say that they are costumes, then don't even respond to this post.
Pyra is sort of implied.

And I don't really think a Zelda newcomer is likely, I mean I do, but at the same time I don't. I think we'll get one, but choosing one is hard and I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a Zelda newcomer. Skull Kid is a biased choice anyway, which is why I pointed him out.

Rayman is Ubisofts mascot who has a close relationship to Nintendo, has a long history with Nintendo and is reasonably iconic and popular. He's not on the level on some of the third party characters we already have (except Bayonetta) but he's still fairly up there and I think iconic enough to qualify

As for Savvy Stylist, I wanted a left field choice like Wii Fit Trainer. And I think she would just be a creative choice. She's comes from a modern series that still receives games.

Rhythm Heaven is similar. I just chose Karate Joe simply because he's in the most games, and I think giving him a Rhythm gimmick wouldn't be that hard. I think Chorus Kids and Rhythm Girl are also good choices though.

As for why the clones are cut. Simple, clones are always first to get cut.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
So with the Smash Bros invitational around E3 do you guys think we'll get some Smash information before then? Possibly in either April or May?

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
Melee, Brawl, and Smash 3DS & Wii U all included characters because of fan demand. Why would this game be any different, especially since the ballot will influence future character additions?
But is that to say that every character gets in due to fan demand? Nowadays Ice Climbers would fit that bill nicely, but I'm pretty sure that before Melee they basically didn't exist to most people.

Ultimately, I feel it all comes down to internal knowledge of potential characters while work on the roster is happening and whether Sakurai feels they'd be a worthwhile addition. Fan demand does have a lot to do with that, no doubt, but it's definitely not everything.

D

Deleted member

So with the Smash Bros invitational around E3 do you guys think we'll get some Smash information before then? Possibly in either April or May?
I've thought it was possible before this E3 but this makes me more confident we'll see something more. I mean, it's weird to announce a teaser like this and then drop off the face of the Earth without news before E3 without even announcing Sakurai as a director. I'm leaning towards yes but I will not be devastated if we're waiting.

By the way, great to see you back on here! I missed talking to you on the Smash 3DS and Wii U thread we had after the E3 2011 confirmation.
But is that to say that every character gets in due to fan demand? Nowadays Ice Climbers would fit that bill nicely, but I'm pretty sure that before Melee they basically didn't exist to most people.

Ultimately, I feel it all comes down to internal knowledge of potential characters while work on the roster is happening and whether Sakurai feels they'd be a worthwhile addition. Fan demand does have a lot to do with that, no doubt, but it's definitely not everything.
Then was what the point of your post if you're going to agree with me that fan demand does matter?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I've thought it was possible before this E3 but this makes me more confident we'll see something more. I mean, it's weird to announce a teaser like this and then drop off the face of the Earth without news before E3 without even announcing Sakurai as a director. I'm leaning towards yes but I will not be devastated if we're waiting.

By the way, great to see you back on here! I missed talking to you on the Smash 3DS and Wii U thread we had after the E3 2011 confirmation.
I'd love to see another Smash Direct that reveals some newcomers and the characters playable at the invitational.

It's good to be back! I can't wait until this semester is over so that I can speculate with you guys some more over the summer. There's nothing quite like pre Smash hype.

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
Then was what the point of your post if you're going to agree with me that fan demand does matter?
The initial point I was addressing was that lack of popularity/awareness of characters is a detriment to their chances. I think my wording was a little too broad in that post you quoted, but that was what I was meaning to argue against in particular.

So basically, yes, fan demand does have an impact, but no, a lack of demand in and of itself does not mean anything. And all of this, including my previous post, is an attempt at clarifying that point. :p

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Oh hi!

I'm going to say this, if a ARMS character is added, I seriously hope they don't go the obvious route of doing Spring Man. He isn't the one with the most potential in my opinion.

To me, Min Min is one of the more interesting ARMS characters, and she would be my pick for a Smash character.

Don't count too much on an ARMS character yet though. If Smash has been in development since 2016, Nintendo probably still didn't know if the IP would work by the time the characters were chosen. Sakurai probably could have wanted the IP to prove itself first.

Basically, I can see an ARMS character as DLC easy, but it is a bit harder to see an ARMS character in base game. Character chosen will probs be Spring Man to my dissapointment. Ah well...

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Apologies if this has been brought up multiple times previously--670 pages is a bit much to keep track of--but anyone think that HAL's involvement with Smash for Switch means we're more likely to see a character from said company? I'd certainly believe Smash 4 being developed by Bandi Namco helped Pac-Man way more than it hurt him.

Bandana Waddle Dee would certainly get a good amount of push as another Kirby character. Likewise, any number of major characters that have made an appearance since Planet Robobot could have gotten a push. Dark Matter, Magolor, and with the inclusion of Dream Friends, Gooey and Marx are at least somewhere on HAL's radar. It's all a matter of whether or not Sakurai believes any of the remaining Kirby choices even deserve a spot.

The other stand-out among HAL's recent roster would be the protagonist of the BoxBoy! trilogy, Qbby. As the closest thing we'd ever get to a Tetris-character, Qbby's block-making mechanics definitely stand out in the context of moveset potential. While no information about the series' sales exists, it was received positively by reviewers. HAL themselves like the character enough to where Qbby got his own amiibo and has cameo'd in Planet Robobot as a sticker while Kirby references likewise showed up several times in the BoxBoy! series. It's been HAL's biggest IP outside of Kirby and Smash Bros. for sure.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Apologies if this has been brought up multiple times previously--670 pages is a bit much to keep track of--but anyone think that HAL's involvement with Smash for Switch means we're more likely to see a character from said company?
Gonna stop ya right there, mate. HAL isn't confirmed to be working on it. the "Original Game" copyright on the trailer and the website just means that the rights for the original idea of Smash Bros. itself lies partly with HAL.

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
We still haven't recieved word if Hal will work on Smash Switch. (The copyright is for the original 1999 game, not this new one.) If Hal does work, I can definetly see a 4th Kirby character added. Qbby can be one of those out there choices, but as the fact it simply is a box that can create more boxes, I don't see much potential.

Polan

Smash Lord
If Nintendo wanted ARMS to be repped in Smash Bros. even before it was revealed to the public you can bloody bet that Sakurai had to at least listen. After all Nintendo bankrolls Smash Bros.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Gonna stop ya right there, mate. HAL isn't confirmed to be working on it. the "Original Game" copyright on the trailer and the website just means that the rights for the original idea of Smash Bros. itself lies partly with HAL.
Ah. I saw the HAL Laboratory credit at the end of the trailer and made that mistake. That's unfortunate, I was glad to think they were the ones working on it. :(

Well then, disregard that then I suppose... My questions of Bandana Waddle Dee and Qbby remain, I guess.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
User was warned for this post
This is my current prediction roster. I admit Skull Kid isn't likely but I think it's overall good

Every chance at Rayman's inclusion is means less of a chance that the Rabbids get added in, which is fine by me.

I want Spring Man. If I can get Ribbon Girl as an alt I'm so for it.
I really like the blue & pink colour scheme, I do not know why, it's just really cool, but as others have stated, he gives off some Little Mac vibes, but so what? Little Mac vs Spring Man, I'm down. I do not need another Punch-Out! Character anyhow.
Since all the characters in Arms can use the exact same weapons, why not just make most of the medium-sized characters alts for Spring Man?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
We still haven't recieved word if Hal will work on Smash Switch. (The copyright is for the original 1999 game, not this new one.) If Hal does work, I can definetly see a 4th Kirby character added. Qbby can be one of those out there choices, but as the fact it simply is a box that can create more boxes, I don't see much potential.

You can't tell me a puzzle-platformer wouldn't have its share of potential in Smash Bros., though. With additional box-types that act as rockets, bombs, teleportation nodes and levitating blocks, he's definitely a character with a simple concept that can be fleshed out the same way other characters have been in the past.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Potentially the easiest model ever made for Smash, even easier than Game & Watch: Qbby

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
ARMS again? Speculating in circles, are we now? (Have at it, it's fun.)

Hmm. What if the new game had a Civil War theme for a story and the roster was split like the MCU was;

Who would be the team leaders and who would be on which side? What would the disagreement be over?

I could see the conquest mode from before blossoming into this. Though I doubt it, it would be a fun topic. (If not already done)

Team Mario or Team Link?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir

Hmm. What if the new game had a Civil War theme for a story and the roster was split like the MCU was;

Who would be the team leaders and who would be on which side? What would the disagreement be over?

I could see the conquest mode from before blossoming into this. Though I doubt it, it would be a fun topic. (If not already done)

Team Mario or Team Link?
Mario and Link seem the obvious choices, and they were the two veterans shown clearly in the trailer. This is an interesting prompt. Maybe they could do a Dissidia thing, and two "gods", or Master and Crazy Hand both summon half of the roster to their side and force them to fight. By the end of the story, both sides realize they don't have to be controlled by the Hands' wishes and then revolt against them.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I love the idea of a Subspace Emissary based around a dispute that isn't necessary "Heroes vs. Villains"

(althoughIhavetosaythecivilwararcisntfromthemcuitwasacomicfirst)

I don't feel any real allegiance towards Mario or Link, since they're both fairly blank slates, so it'd be more the motivation and the other characters that are on their team for me, lol.

I honestly don't believe ARMs speculation is going anywhere until they're either revealed or until they're revealed for DLC or until they're revealed for Smash post-Switch, kinda like Splatoon did. We'll have to see what happens.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
I've said my take on this before but I'd like to make my point again: I really don't want to see Ribbon Girl as an alt. I'm all or nothing when it comes to her: put her in as her own character or not at all. Her multi jump ability from Arms makes so much sense in smash bros and as an alt of Spring Man she wouldn't get that at all. Maybe I'm just being defensive cause she's my arms main but that's my opinion! And I'm sticking to it!

Team Mario or Team Link?
Okay that's kind of a dope idea to be honest. I'd love to see something along those lines. Their histories and stuff could play into it too like Mario could make some kind of unlikely alliance with Ganondorf and Link with Bowser, that type of thing. Mario and Link feel like the most natural leaders of the group to me but it could be fun if it were less expected characters too like "watch the epic feud between Samus and Sonic the Hedgehog." That feels very smash bros to me too.

They don't really have anything to fight over though when I think about it. Most likely I think some kind of third party would be in the middle pulling the strings and tearing everyone apart. There are a lot of creative possibilities with this idea and I really dig it!

JohnnyEGG

Smash Rookie
Personally, I think the best new Zelda character would be Zelda.

With an actually usable moveset...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I think the best new Zelda character would be Zelda.

With an actually usable moveset...
The developers really don't know how to make Zelda work properly if she has been ranked in the bottom 5 in every Smash Bros. installment since her debut. Ironically, Melee is the only game where she's NOT ranked the second worst fighter.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think Zelda is in a bad spot because of the developers fear of gutting and recreating a character. She's still the all-kill-moves character, but she can't be Sheik anymore to fix her neutral. I don't want transformations back at all, for the record. Zelda needs a full blown rewok solely because she doesn't work, not because her character doesn't match her fantasy. That's an issue we don't see too often lol

D

Deleted member

I'd love to see another Smash Direct that reveals some newcomers and the characters playable at the invitational.

It's good to be back! I can't wait until this semester is over so that I can speculate with you guys some more over the summer. There's nothing quite like pre Smash hype.
If we get a Smash Direct, I'm betting on Rex and Pyra getting revealed. Xenoblade could easily get a character, even two if they decide to dig back and put in Elma too.
The initial point I was addressing was that lack of popularity/awareness of characters is a detriment to their chances. I think my wording was a little too broad in that post you quoted, but that was what I was meaning to argue against in particular.

So basically, yes, fan demand does have an impact, but no, a lack of demand in and of itself does not mean anything. And all of this, including my previous post, is an attempt at clarifying that point. :p
But that wasn't what your original post said. You asked how does popularity and reception have any bearing in Smash, meaning you don't see why those factors are important. Then when I responded to you, you backpedaled and said "fan demand matters but it isn't everything!" Arguing that not everyone gets added due to the fans is like asking me if water is wet. In other word, that point was moot.

But about a lack of popularity/awareness being a non-factor, I can tell you that is untrue. Sakurai is never going to include a character everyone hates just because he wants them in. They need fans even if they are not requesting them for Smash. Why else do we argue over Gen 7 Pokémon? It's because we're trying to figure out the most marketable Pokémon out there.
Apologies if this has been brought up multiple times previously--670 pages is a bit much to keep track of--but anyone think that HAL's involvement with Smash for Switch means we're more likely to see a character from said company? I'd certainly believe Smash 4 being developed by Bandi Namco helped Pac-Man way more than it hurt him.

Bandana Waddle Dee would certainly get a good amount of push as another Kirby character. Likewise, any number of major characters that have made an appearance since Planet Robobot could have gotten a push. Dark Matter, Magolor, and with the inclusion of Dream Friends, Gooey and Marx are at least somewhere on HAL's radar. It's all a matter of whether or not Sakurai believes any of the remaining Kirby choices even deserve a spot.

The other stand-out among HAL's recent roster would be the protagonist of the BoxBoy! trilogy, Qbby. As the closest thing we'd ever get to a Tetris-character, Qbby's block-making mechanics definitely stand out in the context of moveset potential. While no information about the series' sales exists, it was received positively by reviewers. HAL themselves like the character enough to where Qbby got his own amiibo and has cameo'd in Planet Robobot as a sticker while Kirby references likewise showed up several times in the BoxBoy! series. It's been HAL's biggest IP outside of Kirby and Smash Bros. for sure.
I'd be for all of these characters, especially Bandana Waddle Dee. HAL might not be working on their games but it'd be nice for Sakurai to dip back into their catalogue.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Never even thought about it til now
The series is HUGE and could represent visual novels
I was just joking about it, but what if it happened lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Zelda is in a bad spot because of the developers fear of gutting and recreating a character. She's still the all-kill-moves character, but she can't be Sheik anymore to fix her neutral. I don't want transformations back at all, for the record. Zelda needs a full blown rewok solely because she doesn't work, not because her character doesn't match her fantasy. That's an issue we don't see too often lol
Zelda's moveset could work if it was done properly, but the developers just seem to curse her with lag, tiny sweetspots, and even lack of armor for certain moves.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Zelda's moveset could work if it was done properly, but the developers just seem to curse her with lag, tiny sweetspots, and even lack of armor for certain moves.
All her armor is in her down+b :troll:

Yeah I mean they don't need to change what the moves themselves are (except for Dins Fire, pls change that...), I'll agree with that, even if I'd like to see some changes to her normals. But the actual functionality of her moves is absolute garbage. Her only genuinely good area is her tilts.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Never even thought about it til now
The series is HUGE and could represent visual novels
I was just joking about it, but what if it happened lol
I'd sooner trust Phoenix Wright to do that, considering he's both better known as a character as well as prominently on Nintendo platforms.

I'm just also not quite sure of how they would implement a Danganronpa character into Smash considering the main premise of its series is murder and gun-symbolism... They'd be another Villager with tool-choices that could raise the game's very rating. I wouldn't ever see a Danganronpa character for that very reason, other semantics of the series aside.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All her armor is in her down+b :troll:

Yeah I mean they don't need to change what the moves themselves are (except for Dins Fire, pls change that...), I'll agree with that, even if I'd like to see some changes to her normals. But the actual functionality of her moves is absolute garbage. Her only genuinely good area is her tilts.
Too bad that the d-tilt has too much ending lag. If the ending lag was made considerably shorter, then it could've been an attack that can potentially trip fighters, giving Zelda a chance to follow-up with her d-smash, or some other attack.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Too bad that the d-tilt has too much ending lag. If the ending lag was made considerably shorter, then it could've been an attack that can potentially trip fighters, giving Zelda a chance to follow-up with her d-smash, or some other attack.
dtilt combos into f and up tilt, actually. Up tilt can lead into other stuff like nair, too. Having a chance to trip would be nice, but there's uses to down tilt.

EDIT: Video as evidence to dtilt uses. It's actually really good, certainly not a move that needs fixed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love the idea of a Subspace Emissary based around a dispute that isn't necessary "Heroes vs. Villains"

(althoughIhavetosaythecivilwararcisntfromthemcuitwasacomicfirst)

I don't feel any real allegiance towards Mario or Link, since they're both fairly blank slates, so it'd be more the motivation and the other characters that are on their team for me, lol.

I honestly don't believe ARMs speculation is going anywhere until they're either revealed or until they're revealed for DLC or until they're revealed for Smash post-Switch, kinda like Splatoon did. We'll have to see what happens.
It could start out as that and then everyone teams up whenever a greater evil shows up. I know it's a cliché, but it could show a lot of interesting insights into characters when they have to join others they are antagonistic about. Especially if they have years or decades-long feud with them.

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice

Some people were talking about this earlier, thought it was pretty interesting.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I can tolerate Spring Man, and only Spring Man. Any other ARMS character is simply a pipe dream.

Zelda will have to be from Hyrule Warriors, since that is the only game she's ever been playable in besides Smash.

Samus should be able to charge her Power Shot while moving, but at a slower rate. Also, the Grapple Beam should just be a quick, straight shot and not a limp noodle.

And, tbh, since I'm here, I'll predict Sylux is playable since he'll be the main threat in Metroid Prime 4 because Tanabe is not all that creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom