• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Patch 1.1.6 Incoming!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

Comments

Viva la puff!!

(I mean, have you played as her? It's not a fun time. Just kidding, it's amazing. But very sad too. Puff is "The Notebook" of smash characters)

Last edited:
how about we have more link buffs.PLEASE give him better frame data.I want a faster jab and i want projectiles to do more damage and have moves be better overall

how about we have more link buffs.PLEASE give him better frame data.I want a faster jab and i want projectiles to do more damage and have moves be better overall
I say arrows should come out frame 2 and auto cancel. 5 bombs out at ounce, and only 5 frames to pull, with them taking a bit longer to explode. Actually that would be hilarious, I hope this happens xD

Last edited:
Give the dorf super armor or partial intangibility to his attacks. DK and Boswer have the latter with all tilts and smashes, but the dorf has none of that.

You'd be quite surprised what nintendo could do, just look at the last Patch. I bet only half of those buffs WILL HAPPEN
True but most of the time they barely do anything to terrible characters. They will do slight buffs that's about it but no major differences

By terrible characters you mean all the god awful characters that are in the way low tier even Ganon??? Hasn't he had enough buffs for one production just look at how possibly cheap he could be with his kill side-B. Besides how are they going to buff them exactly especially puff?

If they'd just loosen up and give everyone the attention Mewtwo got, I'd argue that the overall game would be much more exciting.
Sakurai made it a point earlier in Smash that people were only using low-risk moves and it took away from the game, but if he and the dev team would do a bit of research and buff the rest of the characters' moveset to be actually useful, people would be playing a lot differently.

Granted, I main Dedede, so the way I see the game is vastly different from everyone else, similar to maining a grappler in almost any fighting game.
Even still, so long as there are patches, I've got hope for this game to be something I enjoy.

I have a conspiracy theory that Nintendo demands things to be intentionally hanky with Sm4sh updates just so they have opportunities to sneak in anti-piracy/hack measures (although even for that the 3DS patch size seems pretty meaty).

I just want Bayonetta to be nerfed, then I'll be happy.

Off-topic, but is anyone else on mobile constantly getting sh*tty intrusive redirect ads while viewing news pieces?

Last edited:
find it amusing how so many seem to think a "DLC/Content patch" such as characters music etc, and "balance" patch, are the same....

sakurai made it pretty clear he's not adding any more DLC such as characters, new music, stages, etc.

However not once did he say they wouldn't continue to adjust character balance later on. They kind of have to keep an eye on the game and at least make some tweaks to characters here and there after they drop two new characters in. They likely waited to see how much corrin and bayo effected things, whether from reading competitive players input at places like here, or surveys in japan, seeing actual tournament results from japan/here, or hell just even looking at online matches, possibly all of the above.

Sakurai has to get some sort of data together to see what he thinks might need to be changed. Whether or not he does the right type of changes to characters is always up to debate, but regardless, he doesn't just randomly decide one day that "hey, i think i should change this character now" with no research.

If they'd just loosen up and give everyone the attention Mewtwo got, I'd argue that the overall game would be much more exciting.
Sakurai made it a point earlier in Smash that people were only using low-risk moves and it took away from the game, but if he and the dev team would do a bit of research and buff the rest of the characters' moveset to be actually useful, people would be playing a lot differently.

Granted, I main Dedede, so the way I see the game is vastly different from everyone else, similar to maining a grappler in almost any fighting game.
Even still, so long as there are patches, I've got hope for this game to be something I enjoy.
I know someone that would absolutely love you just for maining triple D, And I thought everyone that has given this a shot for a while has enjoyed this game already. Granted I main Corrin alot harder to learn from than triple D but still we all see this game and play it very differently.

Even though I don't really care for her, it would be nice if Palutena received buffs to all her tilts, making them faster.

... on second thought forget the puff support the Palutena hype is far more ridiculous than this or any other entirely ridiculous character. How bout Pac instead he really needs it of all people.

Thank god. i was worried we'd be playing 1.1.5 for eternity. I was honestly seriously worried that we'd have to live in 599XX until ssb5 or whatever.

Hey now!

We Zard mains love the work that was done to him!
It's okay. All the high tier mains seem mostly incapable of understanding how substantial the differences to the lower end was and just see the adjustments at the high end as either "petty" or "crippling". After all, if you've never played a character that's ACTUALLY ruined by 2% of damage or something seemingly minor, you really can't gauge the difference when your character is still powerful with or without it.

...Either that or you're a Jigglypuff or OIimar main. They legitimately have reason to complain.

I wanna see a buff in Little Mac's recovery and I want them to fix his K.O. windbox as well. On top of that, I would appreciate to see a Roy,Ganon and Jigglypuff buff. In regards to nerfing, I believe Bayonetta needs to be nerfed and there should be a decrease in the amount of health that Luma has!

Last edited:
Ooh, more balance changes. This is going to be really interesting. The balance changes made throughout the game's life so far may not be perfect, but I still think they've done a good job for the most part, so I'm generally optimistic as to what may come of this. We don't yet have an exact date, do we? Regardless, probably won't be long from now.

Especially curious what's going to happen to Bayonetta. Not going to go into detail, because we all know how sensitive that subject is.

And of course, hoping for some low tier buffs, as always. Improve Jiggs's neutral game, give Duck Hunt Duo some more reliable methods of securing stocks and other things of that nature. Gonna wait and see what comes and approach it with an open mind.

Oh, and remember everyone, if you've got any replays you wanna keep... better take care of that now.

Last edited:
By all means go ahead and go into detail about what to do with the Umbra ***** it would be very interesting to hear your take before the actual nerfs come

By all means go ahead and go into detail about what to do with the Umbra ***** it would be very interesting to hear your take before the actual nerfs come
To put it simply... I'm really not fond of her. I don't care how they do it, just have them fix the risk/reward ratio surrounding her somehow, and eliminate her ability to perform 0-death combo's the way she's able to do now. I don't think such things should exist in Smash, regardless of wether it actually makes Bayo OP or not, which is arguable.

I have no care in the world why Bayo was picked over anybody, I have no care in the world why the public would even consider her in the game in the first place, all I care about is the concept of ruining her!!! and this will be the patch that will end all Bayonetta players.

Real mario or doc mario?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy, I can't wait to check the Duck Hunt boards after the patch drops to see someone say he has a Hoo-Hah now!

At least buff him/her/it just to make sure it isn't impossible to kill people, but don't nerf her anymore she doesn't need em now and didn't need them day one!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2
BUFF ROY AND PUFF
And Wolf is noooot coming back guys, get over it (I would love it if they bring him back doe)
And RIP Bayonetta
Those are my predictions

Top Bottom