• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Patch 1.1.6 Incoming!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

Comments

Please Dear Sakurai!!
We just need only two or three good buff for :4samus: so that people can finally stop putting her at second worst character in the game for no reason!!!
Pleeeeeeeease!!:cry:

Oh, and i hope you have a nice day and that every other low tier get buff too. :)
But plz,
#BuffTheBountyHunterInArmor
:4samus:

If anything, we're getting something Fire Emblem related or Bayonetta buff fix. And more Mii costumes/hats for 3DS.
Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are all done with new contents. The next software update will more than likely just modify the attributes of certain characters.

I think it's pretty obvious that we are getting some nerfs for :4bayonetta: just for people to stop complaining about how broken she is.

On the other hand, i would like to see some buffs for :4ganondorf: & :4wario2:

We are probably getting this new patch next week.

I'm expecting....

-No meaningful buffs for Marcina (Just power adjustments, no frame data improvements)
-No changes for Palutena, Shulk, or Jiggs
-Nerfs for Bayo

What I want:
-Buffs for Marcina, Palutena, Jiggs, and Shulk.
-Nerfs for Bayo (No hard feelings, but she needs some adjustments. Just don't nerf her to the point of being unplayable)

Last edited:
Thank Sakurai there is finally another patch!

My Patch Wishlist:
Nerf Bayonetta (I don't care how badly tbh)
Leave Mewtwo the same
Buff Puff and Dedede for the love of Smash
Hopefully some Marth buffs
Other low tier buffs would be nice
Add Wolf (not that I think it will happen)
and remove the miis. (Won't happen but I can dream)

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

I'm really hoping for some really balanced nerfs and buffs

Predictions:
- Mewtwo buffs
- Bayonetta nerfs
- No changes to Jigglypuff
- Relatively pointless power buffs to lower tiers
I'm expecting some kind of buffs to one of the fire emblem characters as always

Last edited by a moderator:
All these people whining for Bayonetta buffs are making my cat buddy cry. This is silly. - -

Anyway...I'm just curious as to why in the world this patch is as big as it is for both systems. Is there something else coming we aren't being told about? Or are they making some other changes to the gameplay overall?

Oh well. Honestly, I'd just like some Mii Brawler buffs. Maybe some Corrin tweaks, too.

Training mode tweaks?? Maybe hit box visualization? Record/playback? C: also maybe a way to fast forward, rewind, and edit replays? That'd be super cool :)

Realistically tho? Buff the puff

Also, Falco lasers! ^_^

If the 3DS patch is that huge, could the 3DS get something formerly Wii U exclusive?

Or does this mean that we will finally get 3DS/WiiU crossplay?

Training mode tweaks?? Maybe hit box visualization? Record/playback? C: also maybe a way to fast forward, rewind, and edit replays? That'd be super cool :)

Realistically tho? Buff the puff

Also, Falco lasers! ^_^
You have no idea how many times I've watched my replays and thought to myself, "Can I just fast forward to that one kill?"

Last edited:
Shulk definitely needs some buffs. Here's some I'd like to see:

LESS ENDING LAG ON UTHROW
Right now Shulk's uthrow is next to useless outside of the occasional lucky read every once in a while. It deals the least damage and doesn't kill at any percent, and doesn't reliably combo into anything due to the high ending lag of the move. Allow it to combo into utilt or AS at lower percents, maybe with less damage on uthrow as a compensation.

GIVE SHULK AT LEAST 1 AERIAL TO INTERRUPT
Right now Shulk's only option to get out of combos is jumping which is easy to predict and read for smart players. Maybe make one of his less useful aerials (ex: down air onstage) a little faster so you can actually do something other than helplessly watch as you're getting destroyed by combos. Once again maybe with less damage or KO power as compensation.

GIVE SHULK AN AUTOCANCEL WINDOW ON AT LEAST 1 AERIAL
Speaks for itself really.

MAKE AIR SLASH SNAP TO THE LEDGE PROPERLY
Again speaks for itself. Nothing more annoying than watching yourself get gimped or stagespiked while recovering.

Buffs I Think These characters need and want

:4feroy: - U-air to an actual kill move and more shield stun on sweet spots making it harder to punish
:4shulk: - Stronger Smash Art, U-air & D-air connect better, less ending lag on moves
:4lucas: - Less lag on Up-B making it exactly like :4ness: (when not in contact with himself)
:4palutena: - Less ending lag on F-tilt U-air N-air, Jab 3 -> 3.5 & Rapid Jab Finisher Damage 3.5 -> 4, Better D-Throw into U-air kill confirm
:4zelda: - Neu-B more Intangibility, Better D-Throw into U-Air kill confirm, Less Recovery for Down-B 9 seconds -> Back to 6 seconds
:4pacman: - B-Throw Kill & B-air Kill around 120%

Buffs I Think These characters need and want

:4feroy: - U-air to an actual kill move and more shield stun on sweet spots making it harder to punish
:4shulk: - Stronger Smash Art, U-air & D-air connect better, less ending lag on moves
:4lucas: - Less lag on Up-B making it exactly like :4ness: (when not in contact with himself)
:4palutena: - Less ending lag on F-tilt U-air N-air, Jab 3 -> 3.5 & Rapid Jab Finisher Damage 3.5 -> 4, Better D-Throw into U-air kill confirm
:4zelda: - Neu-B more Intangibility, Better D-Throw into U-Air kill confirm, Less Recovery for Down-B 9 seconds -> Back to 6 seconds
:4pacman: - B-Throw Kill & B-air Kill around 120%
You'd be quite surprised what nintendo could do, just look at the last Patch. I bet only half of those buffs WILL HAPPEN

Predictions:
- Mewtwo buffs
- Bayonetta nerfs
- No changes to Jigglypuff
- Relatively pointless power buffs to lower tiers
- Mewtwo buffs Nah. If anything at all, he would be nerfed. He has had lots of positive attention recently with Abadango's Pound performance, and he has gotten a noticable For Glory presence.

- Bayonetta nerfs will be very likely in my opinion. The reason is obvious.

- Puff will probably be unbuffed. Truth.

- Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. are contenders for the down throw combo treatment in my eyes. Pointless buffs will be there too.

Top Bottom