• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Direct on August 8th, possible test demo announcement?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
As you may or may not know, we are getting a direct on the 8th of this month, both ARMS and Splatoon had test demos before they released, and it makes sense for Smash to get one to, do you think it will be announced?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Only if they're smart enough to scrub the demo of all unrevealed content. They managed it with the 3DS demo but my concern is that something will slip through, and dataminers just won't be able to help themselves.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It will hopefully focus on single player modes given that's most of what they have left probably.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Only if they're smart enough to scrub the demo of all unrevealed content. They managed it with the 3DS demo but my concern is that something will slip through, and dataminers just won't be able to help themselves.
Well Sakurai did explain a little of the steps he took to prevent the game from ever getting leaked. I'm sure if he releases a demo, he will do it with 100% confidence. He is like ultra serious when it comes to this stuff, I think.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Well Sakurai did explain a little of the steps he took to prevent the game from ever getting leaked. I'm sure if he releases a demo, he will do it with 100% confidence. He is like ultra serious when it comes to this stuff, I think.
That's very true! Watch, he'd probably try to datamine the demo himself just to see if the team missed anything.

Untouch

Smash Master
Very unlikely this far away from release. Maybe if we get an october direct.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I'm not terribly skeptical of a demo appearing so early before release. This build has been around since E3. And while it has been guarded by nintendo reps at all these events, they could have been buying time for prepping a global test demo that's datamine proof in terms of content. With how quickly Switch hacking has gotten off the ground I'd be nervous about this as well. As for it being too early, Splatoon 2's first global demo was a whole 4 months before launch. The only event in the future we have confirmation of an Ultimate demo is Gamescom near the end of August, I believe. And nintendo switch online launches some time in September. If they wanted to make some money, put out the demo shortly after Switch Online. But if they really want to do a stretch test, do it before the online so you get even more players. Probably the former, although at that price point I'm not expecting Nintendo to pull in big profits to begin with on their online service.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If they gave us a demo with the original 8 characters and Battlefield and maybe another stage, that'd be enough to tide me over til the game released! I'd gladly pay for the chance to play it early.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
To be completely honest, I don't want a demo of it because everything that has been added via demo onto the switch has been violently datamined. I don't want that happening to this game 4 months before release

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I just want better singleplayer / cooperative modes. I think that most of the extra game modes outside the main game mode of Smash are pretty boring or irrelevant or could be better (except for Event mode that is fine). They already showed too much of the characters and stages, so much that the game feels that it's almost ready to release to me, but we still have 4 months until there. With the game having even championships, I hope that the "core" gameplay is actually complete, or almost complete, and they are just making more content around it.

Superstar Saga

Smash Rookie
In the Direct I expect some new characters and moded, nothing else
Some Hopes I have are
•Sora
•Waluigi (Just to appease the fans that won't shut up)
And a mystery character.

Top Bottom