• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade - This game WILL be made

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
SUPER SMASH BROS. CRUSADE

-Will have around 60 characters
-70-80 stages
-50 or more assist trophies
-A new game mode called the Trophy Crusade (I'll explain this later)

The game will include these 5 newcomers
-Petey Piranha
-Samurai Goroh
-Krystal
-Mega Man
-Ridley

(This information will be on every SSBC thread)

Many people have responded to me in my thread about Super Smash Bros. Crusade. Some people are saying that it could be another one of those things that gets people waiting for nothing. I can guarantee you it won't be.

But what I can also guarantee you, sadly, is that I'm far from finishing the game. So don't get your hopes up about it coming out this year. The release date isn't planned and won't be for a while because I'm not very far in the development of the game.

But the game is REAL, and I promise one day it will be downloadable and you will be able to play it.

I guess I'll go ahead and say that there will be...

PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

There will be 27 new fighters.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Well, since I believe anything anyways, if you needs help with characters or character movesets or even stages for that matter I've got tons.

Banks

Smash Hero
fan made games are usually terrible, and i highly doubt you could mimic the game's physics successfully unless you are not 12 years old like i think you might be.

The fact that you named it Super Smash Bros. Crusade and added Knuckles as a playable character makes me doubt that you are over the age of 14 and therefore cannot make a game worth playing.

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
TO FLAMING DRAGON WANG: He didn't mention knuckles at all.

TO BANKS: Super Smash Flash is a fan made game, and it rocks.

TO BOTH OF YOU: Super Smash Flash rocks and has Knuckles in it.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
This game will fail because of one simple thing.

You are making quantity far more important that qualitity, which in smash's case, means that it is going to be abysmal. I am just taking a guess and saying that you will be making this "game" by yourself? Well, if that is the case, then the game will never get done because you could never get all you want done plus balance all the characters in a year, or two years, hell, not even three.

In short, it will never happen because you will just not even finish it due to all the pressure it takes to design a game.

What ticks me off the most about this though is that Brawl is out, and you are obviously not happy with it seeing as how you are willing to waste so much time to design a game that will obviously be a flop.

In short?

Don't waste your time, or ours.

TO FLAMING DRAGON WANG: He didn't mention knuckles at all.

TO BANKS: Super Smash Flash is a fan made game, and it rocks.

TO BOTH OF YOU: Super Smash Flash rocks and has Knuckles in it.
Super Smash Flash is a sh*tty game and you should feel terrible for liking it.

And he said Knuckles would be a playable character in the last topic he made.

Giff

Smash Rookie
why the **** would anyone wanna play a Smash bros FLASH game? I mean seriously. I'd rather play minesweeper

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
You guys are brutally brutal you know?
But hey man, I think it would be better if you made a card game or something. As high as your hopes are, and even if you are a great professional video game developer/programmer, you forget that it takes years for over 100 people to make a game, it would take you like 10+ years.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
1: Your game will suck. You don't have millions of dollars and experienced programmers or armies of alpha testers.
2: This is Brawl discussion. If anyone here cares, they can go care in the Light House, or more fittingly, the Pool Room.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually, I am working on making a Smash Bros. game too, however, it won't be a playable game. Instead, it will be a topic filled with ideas.

Smash Bros. requires a lot of work even through the perspective of brain-storming and coming up with ideas, which is why I am doing this Smash 4 project to begin with. Sakurai said he came up with all moves for all the characters by himself, and I am hoping to replicate that and relay to forum users that Sakurai can't just magically poof up movesets, and how I much I struggled to come up with the movesets and ideas that I going to post in the future topic.

I have already decided on my roster (there will be 54 characters not inlcuding transformations), and made an outline for the plot to the game's Adventure Mode. Right now I am typing my reasoning for each character on my roster. After that, I am hoping to finish each character's moveset. After movesets, I will come up with new stages, new items, and Assist Trophies. After these are all done, I am hoping to come up with a few new game modes and gameplay mechanics. After this, I will start typing up the script for the Smash 4 Adventure Mode. After the script is complete, I will make the level lay-out and gameplay structure for the levels as well as design the bosses and their attacks. After that, I will write up a list of Event Matches and a list of trophies for some series. I think once this is all done, I will post my topic. However, my topic won't be posted until June at the earliest.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's a game (either a Mugen, a Flash game or a cardboard cutout game) made by, apparently, one single guy. Why do we even care?

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
I always lol when I see Petey Piranha, especially since Petey is ten times taller than Ridley last time I checked..

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
as long as Takamaru, Sukapon, Isaac, and Claus are on that list of newcomers, Im happy...I was having an idea like this as well...but it was going to have 205 characters...including clones and transformations...and third parties...w/e good luck...I guess...

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
If it is anything like Super Smash Flash, it will not be worth playing. Take into consideration how much time it took Sakurai and his team to finish Brawl. You're one guy taking on nearly double the work-load he and his team took on and you're expecting a release date within two years? Absolutely not going to happen.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Probably not going to be completed. But hey, if he just revamps the graphics and keeps the same system, it could be done in a week or so with that many characters. I made a game using the same system (sprite game of course) in 2 days. Of course both of those days were shot.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
No. This won't be hot, it won't be completed, Smash Flash sucks and stop lumping mugen in with ******** fan flashes because some mugen creators actually keep their heads out of their ***** (see PoTS, the late Reuben Kee, BigEliKing, etc.)

Done. Over.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I am working on making a Smash Bros. game too, however, it won't be a playable game. Instead, it will be a topic filled with ideas.

Smash Bros. requires a lot of work even through the perspective of brain-storming and coming up with ideas, which is why I am doing this Smash 4 project to begin with. Sakurai said he came up with all moves for all the characters by himself, and I am hoping to replicate that and relay to forum users that Sakurai can't just magically poof up movesets, and how I much I struggled to come up with the movesets and ideas that I going to post in the future topic.

I have already decided on my roster (there will be 54 characters not inlcuding transformations), and made an outline for the plot to the game's Adventure Mode. Right now I am typing my reasoning for each character on my roster. After that, I am hoping to finish each character's moveset. After movesets, I will come up with new stages, new items, and Assist Trophies. After these are all done, I am hoping to come up with a few new game modes and gameplay mechanics. After this, I will start typing up the script for the Smash 4 Adventure Mode. After the script is complete, I will make the level lay-out and gameplay structure for the levels as well as design the bosses and their attacks. After that, I will write up a list of Event Matches and a list of trophies for some series. I think once this is all done, I will post my topic. However, my topic won't be posted until June at the earliest.
I've read about your idea here before and it's made me wonder--what's the point? I can see that you would like to do that and all, but what real significance will it bring? :(

I've considered similar things in the past, but I want to get better in Programming and have some people to work on a project like this before I start game development. (By the way, that sentence isn't relying to your project, but the OP's statement.)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

Chrono, I respect your valiant effort, but what happened to me in my stride to make my own Smash game was dreadful. It's not possible for a single person to come up with a game that will be fun and have 54 characters. I shifted from making my current Smash game into developing a new type of fighting game. There are about 4 characters that I'm trying to associate with video game characters. Right now the characters I'm planning on making are a space fighter, a sumo wrestler, a knight and a ninja. The ninja would probably be Sheik, and the knight Link. I want a diverse line-up though for my 4 characters.

Another thing about my Smash game is that combos are a HUGE part of it. You start a combo by using a move that project a foe into the air. When in the air, you have about 2 seconds to make a move. It feels almost turn based! Right now it's looking like an interesting concept.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Change the title to "Super Smash Bros. There will be blood"
Ya, Captain Falcon drinks your milkshake.

And they would never call the game 'crusade'. The term crusade refers to the middle ages when Christians, with the Pope's blessing, killed many Muslims for the Holy lands (or something like that, I was never good at history). Anyway, I doubt Nintendo would want to dab into the realm of anything religious.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Super smash Bros.. Holy war?

Wtf? Why would we want to fight a holy war.. What gods do the smash bro characters believe in anyway?
*edit*

Bah..

Should remember to click *post* before I get beaten..

MichelFalcaut

Smash Cadet
Replicating Smash Bros' physics in an original game would be interesting to see. But Flash is NOT the venue for it.

More Capcom characters FTW. I'm talking about Ryu, not silly-*** Boobless Samus called Megaman.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I've read about your idea here before and it's made me wonder--what's the point? I can see that you would like to do that and all, but what real significance will it bring? :(

I've considered similar things in the past, but I want to get better in Programming and have some people to work on a project like this before I start game development. (By the way, that sentence isn't relying to your project, but the OP's statement.)
I have already have a basic outline for most of the characters in my roster. I myself am not sure what significance it can bring, other than for people to realize that more can be done to improve the Smash series and that creating new characters, stages, game modes, etc. is hard even through a brain-storming POV

Chrono, I respect your valiant effort, but what happened to me in my stride to make my own Smash game was dreadful. It's not possible for a single person to come up with a game that will be fun and have 54 characters. I shifted from making my current Smash game into developing a new type of fighting game. There are about 4 characters that I'm trying to associate with video game characters. Right now the characters I'm planning on making are a space fighter, a sumo wrestler, a knight and a ninja. The ninja would probably be Sheik, and the knight Link. I want a diverse line-up though for my 4 characters.

Another thing about my Smash game is that combos are a HUGE part of it. You start a combo by using a move that project a foe into the air. When in the air, you have about 2 seconds to make a move. It feels almost turn based! Right now it's looking like an interesting concept.
Yeah, it is an awful burden for one person. However, if Sakurai can come up with 19 new characters for Brawl, I think it might be possible for me to do the same. Wish me luck, right now I am working on my reasoning for each character on my roster.

richiek

Smash Rookie
Ya, Captain Falcon drinks your milkshake.

And they would never call the game 'crusade'. The term crusade refers to the middle ages when Christians, with the Pope's blessing, killed many Muslims for the Holy lands (or something like that, I was never good at history). Anyway, I doubt Nintendo would want to dab into the realm of anything religious.
Agreed. Mentioning "crusades" or "crusaders" to Arabs/Muslims is a grave insult, especially in light of today's politcal climate.

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
Sugata Designs said:
Ok.

First. This is a terrible thread. Having been in the Game Maker / RPG Maker / WC3 Maker / and SC Maker communities, I can tell you now this game will NEVER see fruition.

Second. Game Maker is TERRIBLE software. Ok, maybe not terrible for silly small games, but if you really want to make a game do it through 3D engines and actual languages. OpenGL and DirectX are your best bet. C# or C++ are good languages to use for advanced games. If these are too hard, then settle for less and start with easy to make games. Example: PONG.

If you try to reach space using stacked rocks, you're not going to get very far. Really, thats about as good of a comparison as something like Game Maker is to hard coding your own game.

Next. There's a reason why games like smash take so long to create. EVEN if it was made in all 2D it would still take a while to get the game out to play. This **** doesn't just fly right out of the oven when someone writes down some ideas for a game in notepad. There's a lot of work. A LOT of work.

Also, if you're going to create something this massive, be original. Don't make Final Fantasy XV, Smash Brothers 6, or Halo 4. Make an ORIGINAL game. EVEN if you actually get far into the creation of the game, and that's a HUGE if, you'll most likely get a cease & desist from Nintendo, and all of your precious work will have gone to waste. Example: http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/
This team however was much different from a game like this, as it wasn't one person trying to conquer the world - it was many dedicated individuals that spent an enormous amount of time on a true 3d recreation.

Having been in the communities mentioned above for so long, I usually expect topics like this to get flamed and bashed as they usually are in the game making communities, because topics like this NEVER see reality. "IMA MAKE THE NEXT CHRONO CROSS WITH LIUKE 150 NEW AREAS TO EEXPLORE AND 200 SONGS AND 4 LAVOS'"

Start Here: www.microsoft.com/express/
Then Here: http://www.gamedev.net

Make a few 20 - 30 games using OpenGL, DirectX, etc.
--- Then, if you still feel up to it, make the thread. Right now all you're doing is creating question marks () for all of those who are not that savvy with the game making scene.
Sugata Designs said:
I'm not against him, I'm just being honest in that his dream is completely unrealistic and unattainable in the current state. For the record, if he made his own original characters, that wouldn't be a new smash bros game. It would be an entirely different game.
Sugata Designs said:
Make an ORIGINAL game. EVEN if you actually get far into the creation of the game, and that's a HUGE if, you'll most likely get a cease & desist from Nintendo, and all of your precious work will have gone to waste. Example: http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/
This team however was much different from a game like this, as it wasn't one person trying to conquer the world - it was many dedicated individuals that spent an enormous amount of time on a true 3d recreation.
Sugata Designs said:
Make an ORIGINAL game. EVEN if you actually get far into the creation of the game, and that's a HUGE if, you'll most likely get a cease & desist from Nintendo, and all of your precious work will have gone to waste. Example: http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/
Sugata Designs said:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
That would be Roman Catholics sir. Not Christians. :]

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully this crusade won't end in the deaths of thousands of warring christians and muslims like the last nine...

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Damn, I thought the Smash Bros community was bad now, turns out it was way worse in 2008. People were jerks.
(Especially that one guy who says someone should feel terrible for having an opinion)

Anyways, Super Smash Bros Crusade is one of the best fangames to ever exist and we all appreciate it. It’s super inspiring how the developers were able to make such an ambitious, great game with all these people doubting them.

Lets all give new game ideas the benefit of the doubt for now, because they might just end up to be good ones.

Top Bottom