• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Boss Creation Thread

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've updated my post a bit, adding a couple things and clarifying a thing or two

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Nice to see we got some more judges at the helm! The more to help sort out the voting process, the better.

I... might participate this round, but more than likely I'll wait until next round. Last round I had all sorts of ideas but took too long to get one out, now this round I've got plenty of time, but zero experience with Square games, so I figure it'd be best if I sit this one out. Best of luck to everyone this round!

D

Deleted member

Reminder that Round 3 ends later today. The current leader in the poll for the next round is Legend of Zelda bosses.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys. Round 3 is now closed. See you on Sunday with the grades for it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's Sunday today and where's the grades?
I haven't even submitted my grades yet, and I know for a fact other judges are still working on theirs as well.

Be patient. When we say the grades will be ready Sunday, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll have the grades posted immediately by midnight right after Saturday officially ends. We have multiple judges, each with their own unique schedule. It could be later in the evening or even closer to nighttime before they get posted.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I haven't even submitted my grades yet, and I know for a fact other judges are still working on theirs as well.

Be patient. When we say the grades will be ready Sunday, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll have the grades posted immediately by midnight right after Saturday officially ends. We have multiple judges, each with their own unique schedule. It could be later in the evening or even closer to nighttime before they get posted.
Oh ok thanks for that!

D

Deleted member

OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.

I used to be a judge for this before leaving (I was 12 at the time, and was stupid enough to not realize you had to be 13+ to enter the site.)

So happy I found this again.

EDIT: Stage builder contest, not boss builder

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Went ahead and voted. Kirby and Zelda bosses are now tied. That certainly wasn’t what I was expecting.

D

Deleted member

Really? Were you under a different account at the time?
Yes, I was. I’m pretty sure under the same name, but don’t quote me on that.

Went and looked back, and yeah, it is yours. I recognize a lot of users from that thread.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I was. I’m pretty sure under the same name, but don’t quote me on that.

Went and looked back, and yeah, it is yours. I recognize a lot of users from that thread.
Huh. Well alright then.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.

I used to be a judge for this before leaving (I was 12 at the time, and was stupid enough to not realize you had to be 13+ to enter the site.)

So happy I found this again.

EDIT: Stage builder contest, not boss builder
I remember being a judge for the stage builder contest. Good times.
1563130688891.png
some kinda filler text

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
All grades have been submitted. Just waiting for @psb123 to make the post announcing the winner.

I think there's still time for the results to be posted tonight, but I don't know his schedule, so please don't quote me on that.

D

Deleted member

All grades have been submitted. Just waiting for @psb123 to make the post announcing the winner.

I think there's still time for the results to be posted tonight, but I don't know his schedule, so please don't quote me on that.
Buddy I typically don't go to sleep until like 11:00pm. And that's about 4 and a half hours away in my timezone. Plus, you know, I'm already writing up the post. These grades are going up tonight.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Buddy I typically don't go to sleep until like 11:00pm. And that's about 4 and a half hours away in my timezone. Plus, you know, I'm already writing up the post. These grades are going up tonight.
Just being cautious. For all I know, you're on vacation in England fast asleep.

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 3 Grades!

psb123's grades:

Scorpion Sentinel by GolisoPower GolisoPower

Utilization: 5/5

8 total classic runs eh? You know there's been a bit of a pattern so far with numbers around there having an issue of not using enough character from the home series. But with Cloud being the only Final Fantasy character on the roster, that problem doesn't really exist. No disrespect to other possible FF characters like Cecil and Black Mage.

So it looks like a full score here is the way to go. I mean you also included a new World of Light area so I don't really see any reason not to do so. And on a personal note, I really like the reasoning behind why Pikachu fights this thing.

Creativity: 10/10

This is a pretty faithful adaptation to the source material. Sure the remake's first episode may not be out until next year. But E3 showed us more than enough of this things revamped boss fight to work with. And in that regard, there's really not anything missing. Which is even more of a plus when you stop to realize that we don't really have a smash boss that fights like this one yet.

And while this applies to utilization rather than creativity, I'm still going to mention here that I really like that Sector 1 area in World of Light. Just goes to show how much a shame the lack of Final Fantasy content truly is. Dang it Square -_-

Balance: 7/10

This thing is tough. It's attacks pack a punch and it's got some fancy tricks like shields and healing that help it put up a fight. But those aren't really the issues here. Well okay technically the shield could stand to be tweaked a bit. Maybe have the attacks do a little more damage while the shield is up and make the tail have less health. Not quite as big a deal as the Electrostomp and the after death attack though.

Electrostomp sounds like it's used any time a player gets close. That's a bit cheap. Having a chance for the attack to happen when the player is close is fine. But it shouldn't happen as frequently as it does now. As for the after death attack, the very concept of such a thing is kind of mixed bag in terms of reception. Not just in Smash, but in many games. Games like Castlevania and Bloodstained make it work. But I don't know if Smash could be considered one of those.

Plus it's described as being like Master Core's Pulse attack. Without further detail, I'm left to assume that means it's like the Master Giant's Off-Wave attack. And Off-Wave's are a no-no.

Overall Score: 22/25

Behemoth by Perkilator Perkilator

Utilization: 4/5

Not bad. But a little lacking in a couple of areas. One might think that the lack of new World of Light area would be one of those. But let's be real, we can't expect every submission to bring such a thing in. Obviously it's better overall to have one than to not have one but there are going be cases throughout this contest where it's not as big a deal. I think this is one of them. Having it guard peach in the Molten Fortress where you fight Giga Bowser is passable enough.

The classic runs are where my issues start to arise. Good number overall, but a lot of the reasonings seem like a stretch. Shulk fighting a rare JRPG monster? Well sure it's got some ties to Xenoblade Super Bosses I guess but it doesn't really work for Shulk as well as fighting a mechanical enemy. And Ridley fighting this thing because it's hide is rumored to be profitable? I mean no offense but that's just trying too hard.

Creativity: 3/10

Remember how I said with GolisoPower's Entry that we've never had a Smash Boss quite like it? Sorry man but that's not the case here. This thing just bears too much similarity to the Ganon fight for me to think it'd be worth the effort for the developers to program. Especially since, all things considered, this is actually kind of dumbed down compared to the Ganon Fight. I suppose the number of attacks between the two are pretty close to each other. But Ganon has a lot more variety in his arsenal. Apart from the Firaga Breath, Crystal Rain, and Charybdis all of the attacks here are generic "Grr Monster Muscle" kind of stuff. And even then the Firaga Breath and Crystal Rain still aren't all that special.

Balance: 8/10

Most of this fight doesn't really have to worry about super big problems here. But the windbox from Charybdis is something that I can see causing a few too many cheap defeats for players.

Overall Score: 15/25

Phantom Train by Mamboo07 Mamboo07

Got to say I'm really impressed here! That new World of Light area sounds pretty fun. And you've got a total of 11 Classic Mode runs here. Don't quote me on this until I go back to double check it but I think that's the most yet. And the reasonings for most of them are pretty solid. Some might be a tad bit of a Stretch but it works out pretty good all in all. And my bias for Spirit Tracks really makes appreciate Toon Link's inclusion here =P

Creativity: 8/10

This is what you'd call a creative boss by nature. Even in it's home series it's a pretty unique idea. But the similarities to Meta Ridley, and the fact that Meta Ridley can exit and enter the screen from different angles while this seems to just be locked to the left at all times do hold it back a bit.

Balance: 1/10

I'm really sorry that I have to do this. Creative as the idea for this boss was, the execution fell flat. Those attacks are just too powerful. There's way too high a chance that it can kill you before you even get it down to half health.

Overall Score: 14/25

Titan by Kevandre Kevandre

Utilization: 0/5

The FF15 incarnation? Really? Are you not aware of FF14? And how after the realm reborn reboot the design for the Primal version of this summon got such a cool design. Not to mention that if you picked that you could have loop-holed your way into having a Smash Bros. from an MMORPG! I am disappoint.

..........Don't worry, I'm just kidding.

Props for making it a prominent part of a DLC pack for sure. Especially with that new Area in World of Light. I'll admit however to being unsure as to whether or not this guy is fought in Classic Mode by both Dark Pit and Joker or if Joker joins Dark Pit when he gets to this boss. The structure of the post makes it hard to tell but it's not worth taking points off.

I like that you went with a more traditional boss this time. Still managed to keep a unique flare too by making it a boss in the background. The only boss we've really had like that is Master Giant. Sure some might argue that Galeem and Dharkon count as well. But that depends on who you ask and if you ask me, they don't.

Only problem, Master Giant could be attacked at any time despite being in the background. This guy can't. You have to wait until he's vulnerable after certain attacks. That's............a bad idea.

Balance: 6/10

Unsurprisingly that waiting for the right moment requirement is a bigger deal here. Especially since not all of his attacks leave him vulnerable. Plus his Giga Bowser Punch-like attack is too cheap. I know he doesn't use it until he's close to death anyway but dying if you're hit by it at 50% or higher is too unfair of an advantage. Even Bowser's Final Smash requires higher damage than that to be insta-kill.

You claim that it's very telegraphed and easy to avoid like the Giga Bowser Punch. But the thing is, the Giga Bower Punch isn't easy to avoid. It covers a large area and while one could make the "git gud" argument that can usually be made with things that are hard to avoid, competitive smash tips like that don't really apply to boss battles.

Overall Score: 19/25

Cosmic77's grades:

Let me just go ahead and apologize right now. I know next to nothing about FF. If you were aiming to impress me with cool references to games in the series, I probably won't pick up on them. I'll do a little research on your bosses, but I can't promise anything super thorough. Sorry about that.

"Scorpion Sentinel" by GolisoPower:

The robotic theme you used in WoL was fitting. Nice job on that. I also think the list of characters who face your boss in Classic make sense, although some more than others. Snake, Shulk, and ROB definitely fit the theme well. Pikachu was a bit of a stretch, but I can at least understand what you were going for.

Creativity: 9/10

As I've said, I don't know much about FF, but your version of Scorpion seems to fit well. I like the abundance of attacks you provided, especially the last-resort Tail Laser when it's defeated. Some of the attacks feel a little generic in my opinion, but I can't deny that this would be a very unique boss compared to the ones we currently have.

Balance: 7/10

Good job on damage percentages and knockback. I'm not sure how I feel about the Barrier move though. I appreciate that the move can be permanently disabled after 50% damage, but I feel like the 1% damage to the rest of the body is too restricting. It essentially forces you to aim for the tail, whether you want to or not.

Personally, I'd reduce damage by half and have the Barrier go down on it's own after 20 seconds or so if the player fails to take it down themselves.

Overall Score: 21/25

"Behemoth" by Perkilator:

The Classic characters are suitable - no objections to any of those. I just wish you would've been more descriptive for the WoL portion. Is there a new portion to WoL? What Spirits can you find in the area?

Creativity: 5/10

If I'm being honest, your boss feels a little lackluster. The attacks are really generic, and I'm not seeing much that would make me think it was worthy enough to be included as a boss over the other submissions (how many bosses do we have that breathe fire and try ramming into the player?). Still, you created a full moveset for your boss - one that's iconic and easy enough to recognize even for me. I can at least acknowledge that.

The attacks have damage percentages and knockback descriptions, which is what I'm most concerned about. However, your description of the setting has me wondering about the layout. Is it flat, or will it have platforms made from the crystals and whatnot?

Overall Score: 17/25

"Phantom Train" by Poochy756:

Perhaps this is a poor excuse to deduct points, but I don't feel like the list of characters who fight your boss in Classic is very fitting for a series like FF. Cloud is the only realistic character fighting this boss, while everyone else is cartoony. Even if it doesn't make much sense for them, I would've tried adding a few more realistic characters. Maybe Joker, since he's a Phantom Thief?

Your boss seems really unique. Love the setting of fighting a haunted train on a set of train tracks. I also really like your descriptions of the train's appearance as the battle progresses and it takes damage. The small details like those are what really win me over. The train's attacks sound a little similar to something you'd see in Cuphead, but I have no way of proving that. For what it is, the boss is very different from anything else we've had in Smash. Nice job.

Balance: 2/10

A hard boss isn't necessarily an unbalanced boss, but your attacks are WAAAY too powerful. A single ghost can deal 32%!? A beam of light can crash from the sky and deal 59%!? Acid Rain can deal a whopping 73%!?

I'm not saying you can't have strong attacks, but at least be fair and limit them to the attacks that were intended to be devastatingly strong. However, if all of your attacks were meant to be devastatingly strong, maybe you'd be better off leaving them out entirely.

Overall Score: 16/25

"Titan" by Kevandre:

Excellent utilization. Love the idea of an entire FF DLC pack to implement the changes you want with your boss. You even gave us a small description of a new playable character. It doesn't tie in with the theme of the contest at all, but hey!

Anyways, not much else to say here. You did a good job with both Classic and WoL. Nothing I can really criticize.

Creativity: 6/10

Close to the same thing I was telling Perkilator. The boss itself is a great choice, but it feels underwhelming. The hard truth is that Titan could be replaced with just about any giant character without many issues arising. Heck, let's use Kraid from Metroid, give him the same moveset, and it'd still work well enough, albeit being a bit lackluster because he can do so much more than this.

Better than your previous submission, but you forgot to provide the damage and knockback outputs for your attacks. Those are what I care about the most in this category because they help give me an idea of how powerful your boss is. I can't stress enough how important it is to include them in your submission.

Nate Fernandez's Grades:

"Scorpion Sentinel" by GolisoPower:

The new sector was very interesting. You even went in to detail on which spirits appear there, how you get there, etc. It all felt very at home with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Creativity: 7/10

While the battle was good, it felt much more complicated compared to the other battles in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The most complex a boss gets is Dracula getting a second phase, while the Scorpion Sentinel can do things such as move into the background to dodge all incoming attacks, and change attack patterns quickly depending on their health. Creativity is good, but it feels a bit out of hand here.

Balance: 10/10

The balancing seems to be pretty fair. The Scorpion Sentinel changes attack patterns as the battle progresses, throwing the player for a loop, but at the same time they are predictable enough for the player to adjust quickly, but if you slip up, you can take a heavy hit.

"Behemoth" by Perkilator:

Utilization: 3/5

I am a bit split on this category. Having the the Behemoth guard Peach's cage is pretty clever, but a new area for this boss would have made him stand out amongst the other bosses more, and Bowser’s Castle already has a boss.

This boss was very nice when it comes to creativity! While I do wish he had less basic attacks like claw swipes, that is about as unique as you can get with this guy. Overall this boss has a nice balance between creativity, but not going to wild with it. I’m also a big fan of the stage.

Balance: 9/10

The Behemoth is a very balanced boss. Attack’s aren’t too difficult to avoid, but you can take big damage getting hit by one. The only change I would make is raising the damage of heave and lowering the damage of firaga breath.

"Phantom Train" by Poochy756:

A new sub-area of the Dark World works very well for the Phantom Express, given its ghostly nature. Some of the classic mode runs did feel like a bit of a stretch though. Dedede overcoming his fear of ghosts doesn’t make sense, since he never had a fear of ghosts in the games, and characters that are loosely connected to trains/haunted areas shouldn’t be on the list, like Banjo and Mega Man. Characters like Luigi that have stronger connections to ghosts and stuff do fit in this category though.

This boss had loads of creativity, I love it, especially the idea of him getting more damaged as the battle progresses. It is a nice visual indicator as to how close you are to beating it. I also like his attacks and setting. Thing is some of this guy’s attacks seem to be pulled from a simmiliar boss from Cuphead, the Phantom Express. Specifically throwing wheels, the setting of the stage, summoning ghosts, and the idea of fighting on a flatbed. There are so many similarities that I honestly do not think it is a coincidence, but I have no way of proving that, so it wouldn’t really be fair if I took points off for that.

Balance: 3/10

The battle seems incredibly one-sided in the favor of the Phantom Train, mostly because of the incredibly high damage outputs. This boss has the ability to rack up damage quick and easily with hard to dodge attacks, making it a pretty unfair fight. Hard bosses are fine, but Smash Bros. is supposed to be a game that beginners can play as well. The player should never be in a scenario where taking two hits grants them 132% damage.

"Titan" by Kevandre:

I am a really big fan of how you implemented this lad! Having a miniature campaign is something unique no one else here has tried, and it feels very at home with WOL.

First thing I would like to note here is the Titan's stage. It isn't a typical boss stage layout, but at the same time the Titan's moveset benefits from it, which I really like. The idea of him being in the background is also a creative one, as well.

This boss is a mixed bag when it comes to balance. On one hand, he is almost always in the background, giving the player very small openings to attack. Not to mention he has a move that can kill at 50%, which feels a bit too punishing, while other moves don't even have damage outputs listed making this hard to rank. At the same time, though, all moves are fairly easy to dodge, making for an overall easy but not too easy battle.

Overall Score: 23/25

Good Guy Giygas' Grades:

“Scorpion Sentinel” – GolisoPower

The new WoL area seems fitting, as do the other spirit battles that accompany it. The cast of fighters who encounter the Scorpion Sentinel in Classic mode also work in my opinion, so I don’t really have any major qualms in this category.

You certainly added a lot attacks for the Scorpion Sentinel to perform, and although I have not played FFVII, I can tell that this is a pretty faithful recreation of the fight from the original game. I think the Sentinel only using certain abilities at a given point in the fight is interesting, though I think you may have gone a little overboard with the amount of these kinds of attacks. There’s I believe 5 of these in total, when maybe only 2-3 would suffice. This is something I’ll get into a bit more in the next section.

Balance: 5/10

A lot of the regular attacks like the cannons, launchers, etc. seem pretty standard fare with no real issues, but the amount of health-triggered abilities make me uneasy. The first one of these is the Barrier at 25% health depleted, which seems okay to me given the sweet spot mechanic. The next two occur at 50%, which is where things get a little dicey. The Sentinel jumping into the background and firing missiles everywhere gives me serious Tabuu Off Wave vibes, plus it catches everything on fire. Does the fire also hurt players or is it more of an aesthetic change? At 90% health depleted, the Sentinel begins to heal itself, but it also goes ballistic by firing all over the stage and leaking electricity from its body. Having it do both of these around the same time seems a bit unfair since it prevents any real form of counterattack from the player.

Overall Score: 18/25

“Behemoth” – Perkilator

I can see this fitting in quite well with the existing Adventure mode bosses and the spot you picked for it to appear in is appropriate. Feasible choices for Classic mode endings as well.

Creativity: 7/10

While its moveset is very simplistic, it’s hard to deny that it feels like it was ripped straight from a turn-based RPG, so that’s a plus. I can definitely picture how this battle would play out. Now, it’s not exactly the most original boss fight, but I think sometimes there’s beauty in simplicity.

Balance: 9/10

Everything here seems fairly balanced while also giving players time to dodge and react. I’d maybe lower the damage percentage of Firaga Breath or make it deal damage over time if caught in the flames, but it’s not really a huge issue for me.

Overall Score: 21/25

“Phantom Train” – Poochy756

The addition to World of Light’s Dark Realm is suitable, but I feel like the reasoning behind some of your picks for Classic mode endings is somewhat questionable to me. Maybe I’m just being needlessly picky, but a lot of them are stretches or references that I doubt many players would even understand on their own.

Fighting a haunted train? Super unique idea and quite unlike anything in Smash as of now, so it’s a great choice for a new boss. The attacks themselves are comical yet kind of eerie as well. The visual damage details that appear on the train as the fight progresses are a really nice touch as well.

Balance: 3/10

All around, the damage percentages are ridiculously high. I feel like the heaviest-hitting attacks of a boss’s moveset should only be around 30-40%. The percentages are really the only thing dragging your balance score down, but a player would be dead in like 3 hits from this thing so I can’t justify giving a decent score in this category.

“Titan” – Kevandre

I like the idea of this boss and a new FFXV area in WoL being added alongside a DLC fighter like Noctis. Having played FFXV, I appreciated your mini DLC pitch for Noctis too, and it certainly made your post feel complete and well thought out. #Noctis4Smash. Your character choices for Classic mode are also quite clever.

Creativity: 5/10

Now, this is the only FF game I’ve played but I’m going to try to remain unbiased. Definitely one of the most memorable fights from this game for sure, although it’s probably not the one I would’ve chosen. Here’s why: a lot of Titan’s attacks just aren’t that unique or interesting. The hand-based moves are quite similar to what we’ve already seen with Master Hand. The close-to-death attack is well, like you said, just Bowser’s Final Smash. You only gave him 5 total attacks, and one of them only occurs when he’s about to die, which is kind of a shame as I think you could have done a lot of other cool stuff with this boss. I hate being super harsh, but I just don’t see this fight being very notable or challenging here in Smash.

This fight seems unbalanced in that the player seems to have the upper hand most of the time. Sure, bosses shouldn’t be overpowered or annoying, but there comes a point where things just become too easy, which seems like it’d be the case here. Like I mentioned above, there are only 4 attacks where Titan can damage the player, but these are also the only instances the player can damage him back. You’re essentially just waiting around to either hit his hands or his head. There should be a bit more pressure put on the player and therefore other windows of opportunity to attack. As another note, you didn’t add damage percentages so it’s hard to gauge the overall strength of any of his attacks.

Overall Score: 16/25

Total Scores:

GolisoPower: 83 points

Perkilator: 75 points

Poochy756: 64 points

Kevandre: 75 points

Scorpion Sentinel
Wins

Nice Work GolisoPower

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Congratulations GolisoPower for winning this!:)
Also my character choices for the Phantom Train fight was terrible:glare: (some were good)
By the way i will try to balance the boss next time. (Bit hard)
But hey! I did good:bee:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well damn, another win!

I will admit, having recently played FF7 and seen the Remake, I kiiinda went a little overboard on this Boss.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Congrats to GolisoPower GolisoPower for winning this round! Even though I don't recognize any of the bosses, being the FF noob I am, there was still lots of creative choices and designs this round. Can't wait to jump back in next round!

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 4!

And it was our first ever tie in the polls for this contest on what round to do next. As stated before, whenever that happens I pick between the tied categories to decide which one is the next round. Kirby and Zelda were at a tie of 5 votes each, and I pick Round 4 to be.........

The Legend of Zelda Bosses

Few games have reached the success and mass appeal of Zelda and fewer still can top it's catalog of bosses. Heck, I'd even argue that Zelda 1-ups Mario in this category.

There have been plenty of intense bosses throughout the many games in the main Zelda Series. But certain spin-offs are allowed as well. Most notably Hyrule Warriors and Cadence of Hyrule.

The little mini-adventures from the Super Nintendo Peripheral known as the Satellaview are ineligible however. As are the CD-i games since those are officially acknowledged, even by Nintendo, to not count as Zelda games.

Are the Tingle games allowed? Almost, but not quite. Like WarioWare and Yoshi's Island, that's a separate series despite starring a notable character from The Legend of Zelda.

And with that, on Monday July 15th 2019, Round 4 has begun. You have until Friday, July 19th, to submit entries.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
EF91537F-48D6-4B6D-AAD1-77C2F0A017C4.jpeg
Boss: Odolwa

Game of Origin: Majora’s Mask (2000)

What does this boss do? (Besides constantly chant “K’iinam took ool” (head will ache and burn); nite that some attack names are taken from Zelda Dungeon’s walkthrough of Majora’s Mask.)

-Horizontal Slash (medium knockback, 13%): Odolwa slashes horizontally in front of him.

-Kick (short knockback, 9%): Odolwa kicks the player out of self-defense if they get too close.

-Insect Chant: Odolwa will chant “A’alik beora” (Dance now) and summon one of two types of insects. When he summons crab beetles, which fall down from the ceiling (short knockback, 7%), they will continuously bite you and rack up damage (5% per bite). When he summons moths, they swarm all around you and deal continuous damage (no knockback, 3-5% each; usually around 28% total). Luckily, both of the two can be distracted by any of the Links’ bombs, as they will defeat nearly the entire swarm.

-Fire Barrier Slash (medium knockback, 14%): Odolwa says “Tòokik taali!” (Come burn) and slashes upwards with his sword engulfed in flames. As he continues chanting, the fire stays active for a moment (6-8% each hit, no knockback; usually around 34-37% total).

-Deku Bomb (medium knockback, 24%; high knockback when a shield is broken): Odolwa puts away his sword and struggles to pull out a nearby giant Deku Nut from a flower on the ground, giving you time to stun him if he’s nearly there. Should he succeed, he’ll jump back and swiftly throw the Deku Nut at you. You’ll be stunned on the ground giving Odolwa time to use another attack unless you button mash out of it.

When attacked enough, he’ll be stunned and kneel on the ground for a bit. In that time, you can hit the giant eyeball on his head before he gets back up, dealing slightly more damage than usual. Te defend, he’ll sometimes block attacks with his shield.

Setting/Intro: The boss arena is the one in Woodfall Temple. Odolwa’s intro is the same as the one in Majora’s Mask, except his eyeball looks around for a bit.

Who fights this boss in Classic Mode?
:ultsheik: (Masquerade)
:ultyounglink: (See Sheik)
:ultroy: (I mean, look at that sword!)
:ultolimar: (Nature monster)
:ultrob: (Unreadable expressions)
:ultgreninja: (Grass-Type stand-in)
:ultpiranha: (Bugs for dinner? Yum!)
:ultbanjokazooie: (Boss in a 2000 sequel to an acclaimed game from 1998)

Where would this boss be in World of Light?
In a sub-area based off Woodfall Temple. Spirits from Majora’s Mask, as well as plant-based spirits in general, appear here.

Music: Boss Battle - Majora’s Mask

Top Bottom