• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Boss Creation Thread

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Blight_Ganons_Boss.png

(Please forgive my bad drawings. Windblight Ganon shown.)

Boss Name:
Blight Ganons

Game of Origin:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

What Does This Boss Do?:
The Blight Ganons are four individual bosses that make up a sort of miniature gauntlet. They show up in a random order, and each of them is fought one at a time, but to make up for it, the Blight Ganons have less health than normal. The player can Perfect Shield to throw them off and leave them open to attack. Additionally, if you time a dodge perfectly, you gain a boost in the speed of both your movements and your attacks. They have the total health of your average boss, but the health is divided amongst them.

Fireblight Ganon:
The Scourge of Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Fireblight Ganon, is the largest of the Blight Ganons, between the size of Dracula Phase 2 and Galleom. It is the slowest of the four, but it makes up for it with raw power. Fireblight Ganon holds 30% of the total health.

Fireblight Sword: Fireblight swings its sword either horizontally or vertically. The attacks have long range and immense power, dealing 19% damage on hit, however this attack is very easily telegraphed, giving the player plenty of opportunity to Perfect Shield or dodge. When 50% of its health is depleted, he channels fire into the blade, giving it the ability to create trails of fire that deal 1% damage over time. These fire trails last 4 seconds overall.

Fireblight Spin: Fireblight charges up and does a spinning slash, hitting 3 times for a total of 21% damage. It is well advised that the player stays airborne while the attack is being used, attacking overhead.

Fireblight Sphere: Fireblight gathers energy in its good hand and shoots a cluster of 7 small fireballs at the player. The spheres themselves spread out as they go farther, and individually deal 4% damage. When 50% of its health is depleted, Fireblight Ganon will start sucking in air for a few seconds before releasing a larger fireball that deals 28% damage at once. As a bonus, if you fire a projectile at the opponent as it’s charging, it will deal double the damage and be prone to damage for 10 seconds.

Fireblight Protection: Fireblight hunkers down with a fiery barrier around itself. Countering Fireblight Sphere can take the barrier down easily, and temporarily disable it for an additional 10 seconds after it recovers from being prone. This can only be used at 50% of its health.

Waterblight Ganon:

The Scourge of Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Waterblight Ganon, is slightly smaller than Fireblight, but has the farthest range of the Blight Ganons with a large spear. Waterblight Ganon holds 25% of the total health.

Waterblight Spear: Waterblight reels back and extends the spear before performing a horizontal sweep with it. This has the longest range of any melee attack in the entire game, but it deals only 16% damage because of it.

Waterblight Toss: Waterblight, at long ranges, will reel back the spear before throwing it at the player’s location. This deals 20% damage on hit, but is easy to dodge.

Waterblight Stab: When standing mere inches from it, Waterblight will raise both its arms into the air with the spear, then stab it downwards on top of the opponent. This is heavily telegraphed, but deals a whopping 36% damage if it lands.

Waterblight Frost: When 50% of its health is depleted, Waterblight will gain the option to summon 5 ice blocks about the size of Ridley and slowly throw them towards the opponent. Attacks can easily break the ice blocks, but being hit by them will cause you to take 17% damage on hit.

Thunderblight Ganon:

The Scourge of Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Thunderblight Ganon, is the smallest of the four, standing a few heads taller than Bowser. It’s also very frail, holding 20% of the total health, but it’s also the fastest of the four.

Thunderblight Shield: Thunderblight raises its shield when the player is close enough to it, negating all damage. Deal enough damage to it, however, and you’ll put it in a ‘shield break’ state, stunning it and leaving it open to attacks. After breaking it, the shield will regenerate at a decent pace, giving Thunderblight the option to use it again.

Thunderblight Blitz: Thunderblight will dash to three random locations on the map, the last location dealing a large sword strike that deals 14% damage on hit. After dealing the strike, he will dash back to his initial position. This can be easily Perfect Shielded or dodged.

Thunderblight Orb: Thunderblight will fire three slow-traveling orbs of lightning that deals 8% damage each and stun on hit. If the player is hit, Thunderblight will promptly use Thunderblight Blitz on them. The orbs can also bounce off surfaces once before disappearing.

Thunderblight Spikes: When 50% of its health is depleted, Thunderblight Ganon will scatter four metal spikes across the stage, randomly destroying them with lightning strikes one by one. If the player is within range of one of the spikes when it’s zapped, they will take 15% damage. There is a way to work this against him: the player can pick up one of the spikes like the Barrel or the Crate, and throw them at Thunderblight Ganon when it’s about to be zapped. When a spike zapped near Thunderblight, he will take increased damage and be prone to damage for 12 seconds. The zap radius isn't that big, and the spikes are spaced in such a way that you can avoid them.

Windblight Ganon:

The Scourge of Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Windblight Ganon, is similar slightly larger than Thunderblight Ganon. It specializes in long-range weaponry thanks to the blaster on its arm. Windblight Ganon holds 25% of the total health

Windblight Blast: Windblight will fire three large blasts of energy at the player’s position, each dealing 9% damage on hit. Windblight can take increased damage from being hit in its blaster while it’s aiming.

Windblight Gust: Windblight will summon a couple tornadoes on the battlefield. The tornadoes are just large windboxes that propel the player upwards.

Windblight Drones: When 50% of its health is depleted, Windblight will summon four drones from its back that will fly around the area. Windblight can shoot these drones with Windblight Blast to redirect the shot to other drones before redirecting it to the player. The drones themselves can be destroyed by dealing 10% damage to each of them.

Shared Moves:

Blight Warp: All Blight Ganons have the ability to teleport to another part of the map. However, the four are different in the frequency of use: Windblight > Waterblight > Thunderblight > Fireblight is the order with Windblight being the most frequent.

Guardian Laser: When reaching 25% damage, a Blight Ganon will constantly track the opponent’s position while slowly locking on over 6 seconds. When 6 seconds have passed, the Blight Ganon will fire a powerful laser that deals a whopping 40% damage to the player. However, the player can Perfect Shield to reflect the laser and send the damage back at them.

Boss Setting:

The boss takes place in Hyrule Castle’s throne room, as it does in Breath of the Wild if you decide to face Calamity Ganon early on. The battle begins with the player witnessing an accumulation of four separate spheres of Sheikah energy, which condense into the four Blight Ganons, who screech at the player to intimidate them. When each one is defeated, their bodies will start leaking with Malice before they burst. As a player is fighting one Blight Ganon, those that aren’t defeated will be in the background, watching the battle unfold. The song that plays during the battle depends on who you’re facing.

Where Are They Found?:

In World of Light, after you defeat Galeem for the first time, you gain access to a new area in the form of Hyrule Castle, which serves as a gateway to Dharkon’s World. The layout is largely the same as the one in Breath of the Wild, except you don’t have a Paraglider to cheese your way up to the throne room. Many BotW Spirits reside here, ranging from the genius Robbie to the whimsical Master Kohga to the dreaded Magda.

In Classic Mode, the following characters can face off against the Blight Ganons:

:ultlink:: The penultimate boss before Ganon, The Demon King.

:ultness:: Their nightmarish appearances make the Blight Ganons reminiscent to Giygas.

:ultsheik:: Referencing how the Sheikah and the Blight Ganons are tied.

:ultsonic:: The Blight Ganons are of similar appearance to the crystalline appearance of alpha gamer and gay rights activist Memphis Tennessee Mephiles the Dark.

:ulttoonlink:: Toon Link faces off against the Blight Ganons as a new penultimate battle. Ganondorf has been relegated to being fought alongside Ganon, The Demon King, similarly to Zelda’s final boss battle.

:ultyounglink:: Fought before Ganon, The Demon King.

:ulthero:: A reference to the Dragon Quest Heroes’ ongoing goal to prevent the world from being plunged into darkness.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So I’m in a position where the usual format I start a round with is something I can’t do right now because I have to leave for work. I’ll edit this post to be a proper start when I get back but Round 4 is beginning now.

The 4th Round is Legend of Zelda bosses. I’ll give more details about the conditions later. For now all you really need to know is that the CD-i games are banned but spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors and Cadence of Hyrule are allowed.
Is there a Strawpoll for Round 5?

D

Deleted member

Awwwwwwww crap. Really wanna enter this one but I know little to nothing about Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Was gonna do one until I realized I just wasn't having fun, sense I'm not familiar with Zelda, so here's a WIP thing.
1563220035750.png

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
TWINMOLD

(The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask & Majora’s Mask 3D)​

1563224535137.png

Originally I was going to do Vaati, since the only Zelda game I’ve ever actually beaten was Minish Cap, but while I’m sure Vaati would be a great boss, I wasn’t super feeling my concept. So I’m hoping someone else in the contest will do him justice.

Conversely, while I never finished the game personally, I’ve always had a soft spot for Majora’s Mask. I like how it breaks the (twin)mold from the rest of the franchise while still remaining familiar, and leaving a dark and scary legacy. Now what to do for Majora’s? Majora himself? Maybe that’s a good idea, but honestly I thought to do something a little more familiar for Smash, and settled on Twinmold, the giant snakebois from the end of the Stone Tower Temple (The best Majora’s Mask dungeon btw).

As a boss, Twinmold is two gigantic flying snakes, a red one and a blue one. If it helps, think of this fight as a Rayquaza fight from Brawl, but two of them. There are key differences though, even if aesthetically that’s a lot of what you’re thinking.

The Two bois will be almost constantly moving, diving into the dirt, coming out of it, flying above you and flying right above the ground, across the stage. It seems overwhelming at first, but then you notice that they’re flying in a specific pattern that you can then predict and avoid them completely. Usually, both Twinmold snakes aren’t on screen simultaneously, or one has flown off into the background while you’re fighting the other. Sometimes they do attack at the same time, but it is avoidable.

Being hit by Twinmold going past will do some knock-back (Or knock-up if he’s emerging from the dirt below you) and about 20% damage.

Other times, Twinmold might temporarily make part of the stage into quicksand (Lasting ten seconds). Stepping in the quicksand will make you sink slowly and walk slowly, but you basically won’t get KO’d by it unless you’re standing still in the quicksand for seven seconds.

On occasion, both snakes will arrive on either side of the screen and do a simultaneous attack at the top and bottom, though every character can avoid being hit by this with the right timing.

Another move is one of the snakes, er, "snaking" in and out of the sand in an almost wave-look. In any case, getting hit by Twinmold does 20% damage.

In the original game and its remake, Link is too smol to hurt Twinmold, and has to use the Giant’s Mask to do any serious damage. As such, occasionally a mushroom will appear…

1563224551533.png

1563224562153.png

This is when to attack! Twinmold is only vulnerable in its face and the end of its tail, as well, so hitting the rest of his exoskeleton won’t do any damage. However, if you hit the exoskeleton with an attack, you’ll just ting off of it rather than taking damage, so keep this in mind if you’re in a pickle. Think of it like in Hollow Knight how you can attack below you and you just jump up a bit if you hit something.

One does not need to use the mushroom to kill this boss, but it takes a lot longer if you attack him while you’re small. Again though, only the head and tail are vulnerable.

Both snakes share one health bar, and at 50% one of them will die, leaving you only fighting the remaining snake.

Twinmold will appear as a special boss in that very Zelda-y area from World of Dark surrounded by spirits from Ikana Canyon.

The following have Twinmold as their Classic Mode boss:

:ultyounglink: - Just like in Majora's Mask

:ultsnake: - They bring shame to the name of Snakes!

:ultpokemontrainer: - I wanna catch it

:ultincineroar: - An homage to the dope wrestling moves Link uses against Twinmold in the 3DS version

:ultpit: - Is this a cousin of Hewdraw's? (Shoutouts to my old stage lmao)

:ultganondorf: - You dare to kill that Link boy? That's my job!

:ultzelda: - I may not be princess of Termina, but you leave those people alone!

:ultridley: - You seem like a good sparring partner...

Usual Majora’s boss music plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxnHU66IWUw

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
TWINMOLD

(The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask & Majora’s Mask 3D)​

Originally I was going to do Vaati, since the only Zelda game I’ve ever actually beaten was Minish Cap, but while I’m sure Vaati would be a great boss, I wasn’t super feeling my concept. So I’m hoping someone else in the contest will do him justice.

Conversely, while I never finished the game personally, I’ve always had a soft spot for Majora’s Mask. I like how it breaks the (twin)mold from the rest of the franchise while still remaining familiar, and leaving a dark and scary legacy. Now what to do for Majora’s? Majora himself? Maybe that’s a good idea, but honestly I thought to do something a little more familiar for Smash, and settled on Twinmold, the giant snakebois from the end of the Stone Tower Temple (The best Majora’s Mask dungeon btw).

As a boss, Twinmold is two gigantic flying snakes, a red one and a blue one. If it helps, think of this fight as a Rayquaza fight from Brawl, but two of them. There are key differences though, even if aesthetically that’s a lot of what you’re thinking.

The Two bois will be almost constantly moving, diving into the dirt, coming out of it, flying above you and flying right above the ground, across the stage. It seems overwhelming at first, but then you notice that they’re flying in a specific pattern that you can then predict and avoid them completely. Usually, both Twinmold snakes aren’t on screen simultaneously, or one has flown off into the background while you’re fighting the other. Sometimes they do attack at the same time, but it is avoidable.

Being hit by Twinmold going past will do some knock-back (Or knock-up if he’s emerging from the dirt below you) and about 20% damage.

Other times, Twinmold might temporarily make part of the stage into quicksand (Lasting ten seconds). Stepping in the quicksand will make you sink slowly and walk slowly, but you basically won’t get KO’d by it unless you’re standing still in the quicksand for seven seconds.

On occasion, both snakes will arrive on either side of the screen and do a simultaneous attack at the top and bottom, though every character can avoid being hit by this with the right timing.

Another move is one of the snakes, er, "snaking" in and out of the sand in an almost wave-look. In any case, getting hit by Twinmold does 20% damage.

In the original game and its remake, Link is too smol to hurt Twinmold, and has to use the Giant’s Mask to do any serious damage. As such, occasionally a mushroom will appear…

View attachment 231425

This is when to attack! Twinmold is only vulnerable in its face and the end of its tail, as well, so hitting the rest of his exoskeleton won’t do any damage. However, if you hit the exoskeleton with an attack, you’ll just ting off of it rather than taking damage, so keep this in mind if you’re in a pickle. Think of it like in Hollow Knight how you can attack below you and you just jump up a bit if you hit something.

One does not need to use the mushroom to kill this boss, but it takes a lot longer if you attack him while you’re small. Again though, only the head and tail are vulnerable.

Both snakes share one health bar, and at 50% one of them will die, leaving you only fighting the remaining snake.

Twinmold will appear as a special boss in that very Zelda-y area from World of Dark surrounded by spirits from Ikana Canyon.

The following have Twinmold as their Classic Mode boss:

:ultyounglink: - Just like in Majora's Mask

:ultsnake: - They bring shame to the name of Snakes!

:ultpokemontrainer: - I wanna catch it

:ultincineroar: - An homage to the dope wrestling moves Link uses against Twinmold in the 3DS version

:ultpit: - Is this a cousin of Hewdraw's? (Shoutouts to my old stage lmao)

:ultganondorf: - You dare to kill that Link boy? That's my job!

:ultzelda: - I may not be princess of Termina, but you leave those people alone!

:ultridley: - You seem like a good sparring partner...

Usual Majora’s boss music plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxnHU66IWUw
Huh, another Majora’s Mask boss. Nifty!

D

Deleted member

Round 5 Strawpoll

Taking the place of Legend of Zelda Bosses, the new voting option is Persona X Shin Megami Tensei Bosses. A round dedicated to the big baddies from the Persona games, and the Shin Megami Tensei series that Persona is a spin-off of.

Or at least, that's the intention. Back in the stage contest I hosted a couple of rounds that were planned ending up getting scrapped because too few people were able to submit anything due to lack of familiarity with the series in question.

As much as I would love to give these new franchises brought into Smash via the fighter pass some time to shine in this contest, I need contestant input first.

Persona X Shin Megami Tensei is on the poll now, and there are plans for a Dragon Quest round sometime down the line as well (Banjo-Kazooie would have been added too. But I know from experience that there are too few bosses in that franchise).

And in addition to that, there were plans to have a Final Fantasy round separate from the Square-Enix Round, but then that round was all Final Fantasy bosses.

Person X Shin Megami Tensei
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy

I need you guys to answer yes or no on whether or not you will have submissions for these rounds. If I get enough yes answers, they can stick around. Otherwise they will have to be scrapped.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Round 5 Strawpoll

Taking the place of Legend of Zelda Bosses, the new voting option is Persona X Shin Megami Tensei Bosses. A round dedicated to the big baddies from the Persona games, and the Shin Megami Tensei series that Persona is a spin-off of.

Or at least, that's the intention. Back in the stage contest I hosted a couple of rounds that were planned ending up getting scrapped because too few people were able to submit anything due to lack of familiarity with the series in question.

As much as I would love to give these new franchises brought into Smash via the fighter pass some time to shine in this contest, I need contestant input first.

Persona X Shin Megami Tensei is on the poll now, and there are plans for a Dragon Quest round sometime down the line as well (Banjo-Kazooie would have been added too. But I know from experience that there are too few bosses in that franchise).

And in addition to that, there were plans to have a Final Fantasy round separate from the Square-Enix Round, but then that round was all Final Fantasy bosses.

Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy

I need you guys to answer yes or no on whether or not you will have submissions for these rounds. If I get enough yes answers, they can stick around. Otherwise they will have to be scrapped.
Persona bosses! Nice! I was hoping that we got around to this.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Round 5 Strawpoll

Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy

Personally, I'd drop Final Fantasy since anyone who likely had an idea for a FF boss submitted theirs in the previous round. The other two are fine.

I'm not a contestant though, so I'll let the others give their opinion.

D

Deleted member

The introductory statement for Round 4 has been updated to cover all the details.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I hope we eventually get to Kirby bosses. No offense to Atlus fans, but I don’t have enough of a connection to Persona or SMT to think of a good boss.
Round 4’s voting was a tie between Kirby and Zelda, so Kirby winning this round is very plausible.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Round 5 Strawpoll

Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy

I'd try to make that round work, but I'm not a big fan of Persona or Dragon Quest to be honest. Not sure I could do a second FF guy

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Round 5 Strawpoll

Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy

I don't know what rounds you've currently got in the works, but I definitely would like to see a Konami round if possible.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Stall.png

Boss Name
Stallord
--------------

Game of Origin
Twilight Princess (2006)
--------------

What does this Boss do?
What's interesting about Stallord's fight is that he can attack from the background and foreground, and when you destroy some of Stallord's bones, he will have trouble trying to stand or attack, at the start of phase 2 he will detach from the body as he attacks now a floating head much aggressive and dangerous. (Don't worry Stallord's bones can grow back, also when you attack the sword on his head, he will be stunned for a while.)
--------------
Stallord's Attacks
Roar: Stallord roars at you, making your character get stunned. (0% of damage)
Colossal Swipe: Throws his arm out and sweeps the floor. (15% of damage)

Skeletal Smash: Pulls his arm up and smashes the ground with his fist trying to crush you. (23% of damage)
Dance of the Dead: Summons several Stalfos and Stalchildren to attack you. (Stalfos does 12% damage and Stalchildren does 17% damage)
Smoke Breath: Breathes a stream of smoke at you. (42% of damge)

Marrow Bite: Stallord puts you in his mouth and bites several times. (24%-35% of damage)
Rib Boomerang: Stallord breaks a part of his rib and throws it at you like a boomerang before coming back. (28% of damage)
Sand Leap: Stallord goes underground and jumps several times at you from the ground. (55%-62% of damage)
Phase 2 attacks below: (Stallord as a floating head only has two attacks)
Fireball: Stallord shoots a fireball. (29% of damage)
Cranium
Ram: Stallord rears back and rams into you. (21% of damage)
Tried my best to balance the boss fight.
--------------

Setting of Boss Fight
Arbiter's Grounds
---------------

Boss Intro
The player's character is standing on a huge sandy floor suddenly a skeletal arm pops out with it's entire body revealing Stallord who roars at the player as his eyes light up. Start of battle
---------------

Boss Defeat
Stallord now as a head starts struggling to float as his lower jaw detaches and shatters on the ground to pieces as Stallord lets out one last roar before crashing on the floor as his eyes fade out. End of battle
---------------

Who fights Stallord in Classic Mode?
:ulttoonlink: (Fought Molgera, a sand dwelling monster)
:ultyounglink: (Same with Twinmold above)
:ultyoshi: (Resembles a dinosaur, cause of Stallord being a fossil)

:ultluigi:(Thinks that a ghost is possessing this fossil)
:ultpokemontrainer: (Mistaken for a Ground/Ghost Fossil Poke'mon)
:ultolimar: (A giant creature Omilar and the Pikmin need to take down)

:ultlucina:
:ultchrom:
-----------------
Where is Stallord found in the Light Realm?
Stallord is found in a new sub-area named "Fossil Crypt" with skeletal and undead Spirits along with the Twilit Fossil himself at the end. (After defeating Stallord you can see his bones and skull on the map)
There, all done.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
View attachment 231494
Boss Name
Stallord
--------------

Game of Origin
Twilight Princess (2006)
--------------

What does this Boss do?
What's interesting about Stallord's fight is that he can attack from the background and foreground, and when you destroy some of Stallord's bones, he will have trouble trying to stand or attack, at the start of phase 2 he will detach from the body as he attacks now a floating head much aggressive and dangerous.
--------------
Stallord's Attacks
Roar: Stallord roars at you, making your character get stunned. (0% of damage)
Colossal Swipe: Throws his arm out and sweeps the floor. (15% of damage)

Skeletal Smash: Pulls his arm up and smashes the ground with his fist trying to crush you. (23% of damage)
Dance of the Dead: Summons several Stalfos and Stalchildren to attack you. (Stalfos does 12% damage and Stalchildren does 17% damage)
Smoke Breath: Breathes a stream of smoke at you. (42% of damge)

Marrow Bite: Stallord puts you in his mouth and bites several times. (24%-35% of damage)
Rib Boomerang: Stallord breaks a part of his rib and throws it at you like a boomerang before coming back. (28% of damage)
Sand Leap: Stallord goes underground and jumps several times at you from the ground. (55%-62% of damage)
Phase 2 attacks below:
Fireball: Stallord shoots a fireball. (29% of damage)
Cranium
Ram: Stallord rears back and rams into you. (21% of damage)
Tried my best to balance the boss fight.
--------------

Setting of Boss Fight
Arbiter's Grounds
---------------

Boss Intro
The player's character is standing on a huge sandy floor suddenly a skeletal arm pops out with it's entire body revealing Stallord who roars at the player. Start of battle
---------------

Boss Defeat
Stallord now as a head starts struggling to float as his lower jaw detaches and shatters on the ground to pieces as Stallord lets out one last roar before crashing on the floor as his eyes fade out. End of battle
---------------

Who fights Stallord in Classic Mode?
:ulttoonlink: (Fought Molgera, a sand dwelling monster)
:ultyounglink: (Same with Twinmold above)
:ultlink: (Again, same with Molduga above)
:ultyoshi: (Mistaken for a dinosaur, cause of Stallord being a fossil that came to life)

:ultluigi:(Thinks that a ghost is possessing this fossil)
:ultpokemontrainer: (Mistaken for a Poke'mon)
:ultolimar: (Small V.S Big, or a giant creature Omilar needs to take down)

:ultmarth: (Mistaken for Grima the dragon)
:ultrob: (Nature V.S Machinery, Nature cause of fossils being found in the ground and Machinery cause R.O.B is a robot)

-----------------
Where is Stallord found in the Light Realm?
Stallord is found in a new sub-area named "Fossil Crypt" with skeletal and undead Spirits along with the Twilit Fossil himself at the end. (After defeating Stallord you can see his bones and skull on the map)
There, all done.
Wouldn't Lucina or Chrom make more sense? R.O.B. sure doesn't because his theme was unreadable expressions.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
It's time for Zelda bosses now, isn't it?
Welp, let me show you my idea

Boss: Parasitic Armored Arachnid: Gohma (would be referred to just as Gohma, but let me say her complete name for once)
Game of origin: this is tricky, as Gohma has appeared in six mainline Zelda games plus Hyrule Warriors and Cadence of Hyrule, to a lesser extent. The design is the one seen in Ocarina of Time, but she would draw attacks from most of its appearances.
What does the boss do: Gohma's boss fight is more traditional than the ones I previously posted (Reshiram/Zekrom and Meowser), but it would nonetheless have its small gimmicks. Gohma is a very mobile boss, often climbing the ceiling. Unlike other bosses, Gohma's arena isn't like Final Destination: rather it's more similar to Galleom's arena but has a solid ceiling, preventing you from getting KO'd from the top blast zone, although Gohma hardly has an attack that sends you upwards. Finally, you can attack Gohma's whole body and not just the huge eye, unlike in most games, but when hitting the body you'd deal .75% the damage you'd otherwise deal. Attacking Gohma's eye on the other hand grants you with a whopping 1.75% the damage you'd deal on a standard target. At first glance, this may seem in the player's advantage, but keep in mind that Gohma's eye, while big, is still quite small compared to her whole body and it would protect her.
Attacks:
  • Claw Slash: Gohma will slash its claws forward twice. The move is pretty quick, but it's also kind of weak, dealing 5.1% in the first slash and 7.3% in the second one. It's Gohma's most basic attack. Taken from Hyrule Warriors.
  • Eye Laser: Gohma's most famous attack, where she leans back for a second and shoots a laser beam from her single, huge eye. You can react to this attack, but the beam itself travels pretty fast. Deals 15.3% damage and can launch players with high percentages sideways. Taken from most of its appearances, including OoT, HW, TLoZ, and Cadence of Hyrule
  • Gohma Ram: as the name implies, Gohma dashes forward, attacking with its feet. Each footstep deals around 6.6% damage, but it's easy to get caught in the whole attack. It has an embarrassingly low launch power but the main purpose of this attack is to bring the player directly to the blast zone. Taken from many of its appearances, like TLoZ, OoT, L'sA, and others.
  • Gohma Larva: another very iconic attack, Gohma lays three gooey eggs in the arena. Then she continues to move around and attack freely and, after a couple of seconds, the eggs hatch, releasing a Gohma Larva. These Larvae then become independent entities from Gohma. Gohma Larvae attack by shooting a laser beam from their eye. These beams are weaker than Gohma's, dealing 11.1% damage but they can be deadly since they can rack up damage pretty fast. Each Gohma Larva can be KO'd if it has received more than 19% of damage or more than 14% from a single attack. Taken mainly from OoT
  • Gohma Leap: Gohma leaps upwards and then crashed down, dealing high damage. This leap is much lower than the ones performed by other bosses since the stage has a ceiling. The attack deals 19.7% damage and can launch opponents away. Taken from HW.
  • Upsidedown Walk: Gohma leaps to the ceiling and starts walking on it. This isn't an attack in itself but is a movement option Gohma has. In this state, she can still perform any of her other attacks. She'll eventually fall down and return to the main floor.
Once Gohma's HPs get below 50% she will gain some more attacks and some of her previous moves have some differences.
  • Blazing Jaws: Gohma grows two burning jaws and lunges forward. Anyone caught by this attack will suffer high damage (24.2%) and high knock-back. This attack is, however, kind of slow. Loosely based on Gohma's portrayal in Wind Waker, where she hides in a volcano and has huge jaws.
  • Flaming Claws: Claw Slash gets an upgrade and the claws themselves get on fire. Gohma switches between this version of the attack and the standard one. Flaming Claws are stronger than regular ones (7.3% and 11.6%) but are slower.
  • Gohma's Web: Gohma performs this attack only when she is on the ceiling. After she gets ready for a second, she will release a poisonous web to the ground. If the player steps on it, they will suffer continuous damage, like Piranha Plant's Side B.
  • Gohmaracas: Gohma's most unique attack. She takes out of nowhere a pair of maracas and plays them. The soundwaves deal decent damage (13.8%) and low base knockback, although the scaling is pretty quick.
  • Enhanced Larvae: Gohma Larvae get an upgrade too: their total HP is now 25 HPs and they can sustain up to 19% damage with a single hit.

Boss Battle Setting: Gohma fights inside the Great Deku Tree. While not a classic Omega version stage, Gohma's stage is completely flat but has a ceiling too.
Fought by:
:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink: (both of them fight against Gohma as their first boss)
:ultzelda: (Zelda's white magic against Gohma's evil nature, as she goes as far as corrupting the Great Deku Tree)
:ultdoc: (it's veeeeery farfetched, but in a certain sense Gohma is a "disease" and Doc has the right cure)
:ultpiranha: (Gohma feasts on trees, but is she tough enough to feast on our plant boi?)

:ultisabelle: (wants to catch EVERY bug...)
:ultdarksamus: (Gohma looks kind of similar to a Metroid Prime)
:ultpokemontrainer: (c'mon, Charizard, let's catch this Bug-type Pokémon!)
:ultalph: (would definitely fit as a Pikmin boss)
Where would she be in World of Light: I could totally see a Great Deku Tree sub-area, with many nature-based spirits, where you have to travel to the depths of the tree itself where Gohma waits for you. Alternatively, she is placed in the Sacred Area.
Music: Gohma's Battle (Wind Waker, remixed).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Small update.

You know those 3 rounds that need contestant input in order to survive? The decision isn't made yet, but so far it's not looking good for them.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Small update.

You know those 3 rounds that need contestant input in order to survive? The decision isn't made yet, but so far it's not looking good for them.
For the sake of convenience, you could always merge some of the DLC franchises together. Maybe do a Persona/DQ bundle so people will have a second choice if they aren't familiar with one of the options?

Matadormon

Smash Apprentice
I have one Persona boss in my mind... And that is the Nyx Avatar from Persona 3.

TechnicallyVern

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-8265-5666-3112
Yow just a question
When are we doing persona bosses round or megaman bosses round
Because I really have good ideas for them.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Ancient Automaton
Koloktos

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
800px-SS_Koloktos.png

The fight begins in the boss room of the Ancient Cistern, the room dimmed as the inactive sentry sits in the middle of the room. Of course, sitting dramatically atop the statue's head is Ghirahim, and after the camera zooms in on him, he snaps his fingers and vanishes. The heart inside of the sentry starts to pound, gaining a steady pulse as the room starts to light up with a dark aura, and fixtures around the room float over to it. They come together with the power of dark life force, and the guardian Koloktos comes to life!

The Stage
The generic layout of most boss arenas, this arena takes the form of the boss room Koloktos is fought in originally. Pillars line the circumference of the arena, but are in the foreground and background and cannot be directly interacted with by the player. The ceiling near the edges of the blast zones curve down from the dome shaped-ceiling, although it's very much still possible to be KO'd off the sides. A single hole in the center of the arena where light streams down is also where the player can be knocked out of the playing field, although the rest of the top of the stage will likely bounce the player back down to the ground or elsewhere from the curvature.

Properties & Attacks
Koloktos is about as big as Ganon, but is always fixated at the center of the arena and cannot move, rotating to always face the player if they somehow go above and around it. It has quiet the meaty healthpool, more than most bosses, and on top of that takes half damage from all attacks. However, the key to not letting this fight drag out is to evade and counter attack, using the unique properties of this fight.

Koloktos will attack with one of two moves, depending on if the player decides to get close to deal damage or tries to move out of its range:
  • If the player gets close, Koloktos will lift one of its arms and slam it into the ground, breaking the ground and leaving it stuck there for a moment before returning to it's regular stance. The joint of its arm will glow as the fist is stuck there, and during this time the player can grab the arm and throw it, and if it makes contact with Koloktos, it'll deal normal damage instead of the usual half, as well as detach the arm from Koloktos and leave it in the background. It'll stop using this attack after losing its two free arms not covering its heart or holding boomerangs. The overhand slam deals 18% if the arm hits and 24% if the hand hits, launching the player back with medium strength knockback. Not likely to kill, especially so early in the fight, and with how telegraphed this move is, this punishes recklessness more than anything and opens up the main opportunity for counterattacking in this fight.
  • If the player is out of Koloktos's melee range, the arms holding bladed-boomerangs wind back before throwing them like discs. They each detect where the player currently is and home in to that location, both blades hitting the same spot at different angles. The boomerangs each deal 9% on contact, and the player's likely to get hit by both or none rather than just one, so this'll deal a meaty 18%! The boomerangs will stay stuck in the ground for some time before Koloktos summons them back to its hands, but the player can pick it up like a throw item if they're fast enough. It can be thrown at Koloktos and will deal normal damage instead of half like its arms above, but can only be thrown at it once, as on the return the player can't grab the boomerang again as it flies off screen, breaks, and can no longer be used by Koloktos or the player. It'll stop using this move once both boomerangs are out of play, and will use those arms for its melee attack above if the two free ones are already gone.
Once Koloktos's two free arms are torn off, and if the boomerang-throwing arms are still full or have also been torn off, Koloktos will use this next attack.
  • The two arms covering its chest slam down at once, mimicking it's melee attack and dealing 23% and having some kill power around the 90% range, no matter if it hits with the hands or the arm. However, with longer endlag, there's enough time to grab and throw both arms, leaving Koloktos's chest defenseless.
Koloktos's heart is exposed! This is its major weakpoint, and in this vulnerable state, the player can now wail away at the exposed heart, casuing Koloktos to take double damage! However, there's a cage in front of it first that needs to take about 30% of damage to break first, so get attacking! If the player takes too long attacking, or doesn't get Koloktos down to 3/5 health at this point (which is unlikely, yet possible), they will summon their other four arms back and cover their weakpoint, and return to the behavior above. If they do get them down to 3/5 health, Koloktos will do the same, but with a drastic change. The base attaching them to the floor breaks, and Koloktos stands up to reveal a pair of legs! Not only that, but all six arms empty, and then draw forth scimitars!

Koloktos will now lumber towards the player to try and corner them, and once close enough, will swing down with three of its arms and three of its swords! They all land in the same place, and deal a collective 13% on hit with medium knockback, which is more dangerous than you think when Koloktos coerces you into a corner before striking faster than before. However, there's a dead zone in front of Koloktos, meaning getting close will keep you safe from the impact if you have no other room to weave away or don't want to take heavy shield damage. They'll get stuck in the ground like its fists in the first phase, and can be thrown as well to deal normal damage. However, once the arms are out of commission, they each leave behind their scimitars, which are battering items unique to this fight! They have no special function from other battering weapons, but can be swung fast to slice and dice!

True to Koloktos's original fight, using its scimitars will slice right through Koloktos's defenses, whether with a few jabs, a couple throws or tilts, or one well-timed smash attack! Hitting the legs will cripple Koloktos and ground them again, making them stuck to whatever spot they're currently in, and hitting its arms will slice it right off its body! The player can strip Koloktos away of all their defenses, and then start wailing away at the cage and heart to deal proper damage. However, the player gets less time to slash away during this phase, meaning the player will have to fell the golden titan a couple more times to properly defeat it. Every time it gets back up, the player will lose their scimitar too, meaning they'll have to play smart and grab another one when they can.

During this phase of the fight, whenever Koloktos is not using its above attack, it'll initiate a flurry of scimitar strikes, covering the area around it as it stomps toward the player robotically, but a bit faster than normal! Getting caught by this flurry of blades deals 22% on contact with high knockback, so you'll want to evade the best you can. However, the less arms Koloktos has left, the less dangerous this move is, slightly decreasing in knockback and damage down to a minimum of 16%. Staying low enough to the ground (most character's crouch is enough) can help, but alternatively, you can lure Koloktos towards one of the pillars in the stage's background and foreground. If hit by this attack, they'll crumble into pieces, and leave behind... a piece of food? Don't question it, free healing is free healing. Only four pillars, two near each side of the arena, can be attacked by Koloktos, so use this to your advantage.

Once defeated, Koloktos violently contorts, a crazed look of joy on its face as childish laughter echoes... and then the whole thing violently explodes into pieces as whatever twisted spirit was inside the thing is destroyed. The lighting of the room then becomes a lot more holy and pure, as the pieces of the Ancient Citadel's sentry lies to waste on the ground.

Utilization
The following characters have Koloktos as their Classic Mode end boss, or have Koloktos appear in some form.
:ultluigi: - The round before Luigi's bonus round is replaced with a fight against Koloktos, with Dracula still serving as his final boss. Possessed by an evil spirit, makes spooky, childish laughter upon defeat? Sounds pretty nightmarish to me, even like something Luigi could've fought on one of his ghost-hunting adventures before.
:ultzelda: - A sentry possessed by dark spirits, activated by Ghirahim, nonetheless. With Zelda's first chronological appearances being in Skyward Sword, where Ghirahim kidnaps her to resurrect the demon lord Demise, it seems only fitting to have her boss be this.
:ultfalco: - Fits with his classic mode theme, which is fighting dark characters, considering some kind of dark magic/spirits are bringing Koloktos to life.
:ultyounglink: - Self explanatory. Along with his theme, chose him over normal Link since he has the hookshot grab of old, similar to the Whip item used in Skyward Sword to pull apart Koloktos.
:ultroy: - Swords only? Koloktos has six of them!
:ultzss: - ZSS and the fighters of her route all have wonderful tools for pulling apart Koloktos and exposing its weakpoint.
:ultrob: - Not exactly unreadable, but Koloktos rarely changes expression, its face usually static... especially when it dies...
:ultpalutena: - With a theme of series/characters with religion, Koloktos and the dungeon it originates in have heavy Buddhist influences.

The theme that usually plays when fighting Koloktos under no special conditions is Moldarach / Koloktos from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. When fighting Koloktos in Luigi's Classic Mode, Luigi's Mansion Medley will play. When fighting Koloktos in Palutena's Classic Mode, Boss Fight 1 will play.

In World of Light, there's a new sub area called the Ancient Cistern, situated on the cloudy area in the northeast of the light world map. This only unlocks after defeating Dharkon and gaining access to The Final Battle area. Modeled after the temple of the same name, it's a bit of a puzzle area that has holy spirits on the top area, and demonic/undead spirits on the lower area. All the spirits here are significantly harder than any others in the game, making the Ancient Cistern a brutal bonus dungeon. Koloktos hides in the deepest chambers of the cistern, but unlike other bosses, is optional. Defeating Koloktos grants the player its spirit, which is a 4-star primary spirit that gives the user Giant and Metal, as well as having three support slots. Nothing to shake a stick at, giving the player quite a powerful spirit if they can endure the challenges of the Ancient Cistern!

A mode that'll incorporate every boss I make for this contest in is a Boss Gauntlet mode that is unlocked after beating World of Light and getting the true ending. This gauntlet has the player choose from one of three random bosses to fight, and with each progressing fight won, the difficulty is increased (bosses get increased defenses, boosted attack power, etc.) The player has to hold out as long as they can, similar to Master Orders/Crazy Orders, and can occasionally fight bosses a level or two harder than the difficulty they are currently on for the reward of healing items. At the end of the mode, which is dictated by whenever the player thinks they can't handle any more, they'll fight Galeem, Dharkon, or Galeem/Dharkon as the final boss. How many bosses they beat before hand will affect their difficulty, but also increase the number of stocks the player gets to fall back on for getting so far, maxing out at 5 stocks.

Koloktos has a new intro when fought in Boss Gauntlet mode, although it's more brief than anything new. Instead of Ghirahim initiating the fight, the shadowy energy that fills Koloktos instead just pools from all around into the statue before it comes to life.

Top Bottom