• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Battalion - Help Bring Us Out of Hiatus! Apply as a Coder Today!

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
hello again, wanted to contribute to that compilation pic again (some reason i'm obsessed with it)

also seeing that there isn't an actual decent/up-to-date sprite of Giegue/Giygas himself from Mother/EB Beginnings, i've decided to do one myself

it's pretty much based on that model Primantis created since that's the best kind of Giegue i can sprite off on (Also borrowed the tail from LordRidleyCorruptedX so spare a credit for him as well)

and the Kamek sprite doesn't belong to me (you'll know where it's from), i've decided to put it in the same style as the sprites in the compile sheet. (also the fact he's pretty much Yoshi's arch-nemesis aside Baby Bowser himself, can't leave him out)

hope you guys like it :)

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
You do realize I have a job and other responsabilities, right?
I know you do and i respect that, but lets face it, its not very likely that this game will ever be finished, i mean i would hope it would be a real fan-game and all, but yeah...
sorry :p. It's harsh but its how i feel, i hope you prove me wrong :3

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I know you do and i respect that, but lets face it, its not very likely that this game will ever be finished, i mean i would hope it would be a real fan-game and all, but yeah...
sorry :p. It's harsh but its how i feel, i hope you prove me wrong :3

Then don't go out of your way to bug me about it. Progress happens when progress happens.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
it seem like i'm gonna be here to keep the interest of the thread alive or something else for now on, i guess....

...anyways, you guys are gonna like this:

started on doing a sprite based on those Megaman Starfox edits until i came around with an idea. (not 100% custom though, had to use some of the SF1 Andross sprites and Ken/Kinikkuman JSS sprites to finish every thing up.)

after understanding about Andross' small past, that moveset chart, and seeing that Mother Brain thread, i've decided to give Andross a little body (based off of SF2's Multiplayer Andross' arwing, SF1 Game Over Andross, and that Krazoa Statue) with probe hands on his side.

seriously, he'd make a great semi-puppeteer fighter in Smash Bros with Rosalina, only if Miyamoto and Sakurai were generous enough to give Andross a body design.

i really hope Star Fox Zero adds more info about Andross' past, despite being a re-imaginingof SF2/SF64, and give him an official humanoid ape design. Being just a brain with a face and hand protecting it isn't gonna keep him as an interesting Nintendo villain any longer soon.

i may give the guy an alternative look leaning more into Adventures' Andross look, In the mean time, i'm working on Hades, Lord of the Underworld (dude really needs a 2D sprite appearance) and Plasm Wraith (i did not know this guy was an Nintendo villain as well, pretty shocking as hell)

good luck on getting back to the game :)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
it seem like i'm gonna be here to keep the interest of the thread alive or something else for now on, i guess....

started on doing a sprite based on those Megaman Starfox edits until i came around with an idea. (not 100% custom though, had to use some of the SF1 Andross sprites and Ken/Kinikkuman JSS sprites to finish every thing up.)

after understanding about Andross' small past, that moveset chart, and seeing that Mother Brain thread, i've decided to give Andross a little body (based off of SF2's Multiplayer Andross' arwing, SF1 Game Over Andross, and that Krazoa Statue) with probe hands on his side.

seriously, he'd make a great semi-puppeteer fighter in Smash Bros with Rosalina, only if Miyamoto and Sakurai were generous enough to give Andross a body design.

i really hope Star Fox Zero adds more info about Andross' past, despite being a re-imaginingof SF2/SF64, and give him an official humanoid ape design. Being just a brain with a face and hand protecting it isn't gonna keep him as an interesting Nintendo villain any longer soon.

i may give the guy an alternative look leaning more into Adventures' Andross look, In the mean time, i'm working on Hades, Lord of the Underworld (dude really needs a 2D sprite appearance) and Plasm Wraith (i did not know this guy was an Nintendo villain as well, pretty shocking as hell)

Are you yourself interested in working on the game?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Are you yourself interested in working on the game?
not really

ever since Troll Man posted that compile sheet full of other sprites, i've decided to contribute to it.

not only that, while you guys are working on the fangame, i'm also trying to keep the interest of the thread up by posting what i done. (though its not for the game)

if you want to use those sprites i edited or made in custom go right on ahead, though i'm not really interest to work on the game

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
not really

ever since Troll Man posted that compile sheet full of other sprites, i've decided to contribute to it.

not only that, while you guys are working on the fangame, i'm also trying to keep the interest of the thread up by posting what i done. (though its not for the game)

if you want to use those sprites i edited or made in custom go right on ahead, though i'm not really interest to work on the game
I see. Well, offer still stands if you change your mind.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
finally did it. completed Hades and Plasm Wraith

this also marks the very first time they appeared as pixel art (seriously Hades had like NONE out there, not even an KI NES styled sprite or something like in Myths and Monsters)

yeah, still need to work on the right side of his robe but i feel it's unnecessary right now.

Hades' body structure is just 2 pieces (top area and legs) of Kinikuman's JUS sprites and Hades' head is from Franky's JUS sprites, all else is surprisingly custom.
Plasm Wraith is 100% CUSTOM based on the original render art.

took me under 3-4+2 hours to get all of Hades done yesterday, really had fun with him.

i'm going to attempt to do Zelgius/Black Knight of Fire Emblem next, while that i've also set a list of things i may do next as well.

also a couple of characters on the compile sheet need revamps (Power Suit Samus, Classic Ridley in a more crouched pose or something like this
, K.Rool is his Rare design and body armor [i kinda did an edit of it but it's not impressive as it seems], and Black Shadow needing a cape)

anyways, ciao!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hello, fellow Smash fans. It is with great sadness that I bring the following news: because we lack a coder, we will be placing Project: Super Smash Bros. X (Now Super Smash Bros. Battalion) on an Indefinite Hiatus until such a time as we gain some new coders. If you are interested in applying for the position, please feel free to send me a PM.

Until such time, however, we will not be releasing any info on the project we have made thus far. We've come farther than others, but as of now, we've come up short.
If anyone should choose to accept our invitation to continue the project, I'll gladly return to it. But until then, it's been a great run.

- KeybladePony, Super Smash Bros. Battalion head developer

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Hello, fellow Smash fans. It is with great sadness that I bring the following news: because we lack a coder, we will be placing Project: Super Smash Bros. X (Now Super Smash Bros. Battalion) on an Indefinite Hiatus until such a time as we gain some new coders. If you are interested in applying for the position, please feel free to send me a PM.

Until such time, however, we will not be releasing any info on the project we have made thus far. We've come farther than others, but as of now, we've come up short.
If anyone should choose to accept our invitation to continue the project, I'll gladly return to it. But until then, it's been a great run.

- KeybladePony, Super Smash Bros. Battalion head developer
no coder?

sucks man, hoping you'll find a new one. don't let the project entirely die tho.

i'll still post some stuff i've done here regardlessly.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Wait, did you guys had a coder to begin with?

Also I guess that leaves time for you guys to work on sprites while some person willing to vode shows up.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
You know, it's advised to find someone from the Smash Flash 2, Project: Crusade or Project M dev teams and ask for assistance. Have you asked any of them for assistance? Went around the internet to ask anyone for assistance?

(Still have the artist position up?)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know, it's advised to find someone from the Smash Flash 2, Project: Crusade or Project M dev teams and ask for assistance. Have you asked any of them for assistance? Went around the internet to ask anyone for assistance?

(Still have the artist position up?)
I'm not exactly in well standing with either of those two fangame communities, but yes I have asked for assistance. Their advice was taken into account.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
gonna post another sprite i recreated

though Ganon may need some revision

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Why do we need to see your sprites again?
i'm kinda want to keep the interest of the thread up while KeybladePony find a viable coder to help for the game.

i already have a good place to showcase the sprites i edited, remade, and created from ground up, but i prefer here instead.

anything wrong i'm doing? breaking the rules? awkwardness building up in the thread due to my often but late postings? i can always leave.

just saying.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945

Dude that is perfection. I also like the other character sprites you've posted.

JavaAndEpicness

Smash Rookie
What language are you using.
I can use java, c++ (a bit) and, lua.
If you are using one of the above language's I can help. I also have a character Sugestion. Marx Soul from Kirby Super Star Ultra

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
i haven't post here in months due to traveling, sprite/mouse drawing practice, studying originality, and high school work. (and also how SB watch list didn't put this thread on the list)

feeling sad the unity smash project is ceased due to little progress. maybe next time, i guess. :(

currently working on a remade sprite of Andross (SFZ), Dark Matter Blade (KPR), Ganon, and, yes still, Zelgius.

if anything, i'll be at dA (the name's HalotixFacor561) or lurking at the space pirate social group or the dark matter thread at the other social group.

until then, ciao~!

Top Bottom