• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Battalion - Help Bring Us Out of Hiatus! Apply as a Coder Today!

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
Yes, I can confirm that.
Awesome, well i look forward to seeing that when its up.
Edit: You said you will add characters in through add-on, does that mean fan-made characters could also be added into the game? Or will you find a way to prevent that from happening?

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
This looks really fun, but the animations look really choppy. I wouldn't be able to do any better, but do you think that the animations will be smooth by final release or beta?

Side notes: You should add a lot of (general) tech in your game that are in other games. It would be neat to have wavedashing or dash dancing in the game, as it would make it feel a lot like "actual" Smash Bros. Character specific tech should also be added to the game, to further enhance the Smash Bros feel of it.

I'm not sure if this is a plan already or not, but there really should be special effects to each of the moves in the game. Again, it's mainly to just make your game feel as close to "real" as possible.

Finally, what will this be released on? Just a computer? You should add Mac support as well, because it would increase your player count.

Last edited:

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
You asked me to sprite for you on my Larry animation here: http://cyberguy64.deviantart.com/art/Clowning-Around-522423811

Allow me to expand my rejection of your job offer with a little constructive criticism.

I get asked to work on these overly ambitious kinds of projects a lot. (Probably a side effect of having a DA gallery....)I understand your enthusiasm, I've been there. I still dream about making the ultimate fangames, but you can't make something great by half-assing it and hoping that the innocent and amateurish charm of your work will carry you through. You have to do a LOT of planning and have a lot of experience before trying to make something really amazing. Trying to piggyback on other artists and designers is not going to get you the skills you need to make something worthwhile.

My advice to you would be: Shelve this for later. It's obviously not going to happen anytime soon. Your efforts would be better spent on smaller projects, whether artistic or programming based, to learn their basics before attempting something of this magnitude again.

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
I was hoping that there would be an April fools prank on this thread, but unfortunately, there isn't, at the moment at least.

D

Deleted member

Just hopped to the last page, dunno if anyone mentioned this but...

:pt: isn't really a good idea

TimSin

Smash Cadet
Just came from the front page, I noticed how there is both :toonlink: and :younglinkmelee:. I think if you want to bring back Young Link, you need to "Bowser Jr." him. Basically, I thought of how he can use the 3 masks and wear them using Neutral B or Down B, like :pt:. Good luck on your project!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just came from the front page, I noticed how there is both :toonlink: and :younglinkmelee:. I think if you want to bring back Young Link, you need to "Bowser Jr." him. Basically, I thought of how he can use the 3 masks and wear them using Neutral B or Down B, like :pt:. Good luck on your project!
The characters shown there do no longer necessarily reflect that of the current roster. I just haven't updated in a while.

j29736

Smash Rookie
NNID
j29736
3DS FC
1762-3986-5024
Or you guys could just help the already existing Super Smash Flash 2 Project...

UcheD914

Smash Cadet
Here's hoping that the following make the cut:
  • Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Ice Climbers
  • Princess Daisy (Super Mario Land)
  • Rouge the Bat (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  • Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  • Luigi (Mario Bros.)
  • Mike Tyson (Mike Tyson's Punch Out)
  • Waluigi
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Lyndis (Fire Emblem)
  • Erika & Ephraim (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

There are also those that may clamor for a good online experience. If possible the game should be online.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Here's hoping that the following make the cut:
  • Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • Ice Climbers
  • Luigi (Mario Bros.)
Dude, they're planning it so that ALL Smash veterans are going to be in this game.
And even if they DID have to cut some veterans, I highly thought they'd cut freaking Luigi.

Last edited:

Troll Man

Smash Cadet
Your animations show a lot of potential, but your overall art direction is non-existent at best, the sprites lack consistency and the texture is flat out unpolished.

Here's a collection of sprites I've found throughout the years (some of these are edited to suite a single style).
The only sprite I can truly take credit for is the Krystal, she's my first custom sprite.
I hope you'll use your animation talents on these. That's all I really are about, someday I just want a collection of sprite sheets for all characters in one nice looking, cohesive style.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Your animations show a lot of potential, but your overall art direction is non-existent at best, the sprites lack consistency and the texture is flat out unpolished.

Here's a collection of sprites I've found throughout the years (some of these are edited to suite a single style).

The only sprite I can truly take credit for is the Krystal, she's my first custom sprite.
I hope you'll use your animation talents on these. That's all I really are about, someday I just want a collection of sprite sheets for all characters in one nice looking, cohesive style.
Aw man, I know a bunch of those sprites come from tSR, that's a weird sense of nostalgia right there.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

aw man, no Beast Ganon and Medusa/Hades spite on there

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641

You`re very good if you made that Krystal sprite then, i struggle making Mario.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman

My Nester sprite is there :o
Who edited his T-Shirt though?

EDIT: My Old Meowth is there too!

Last edited:

Lisnovski

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0275-7440-3622

My Pac-Man and Greninja sprite are here :laugh: (but edited)

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I'd like to talk about the possible new names:
"Super Smash Bros. Elite" sounds... elitist.
"Super Smash Bros. Clash" sounds too much like "Super Smash Flash".
I like "Super Smash Bros. Battalion". I voted for it.
"Super Smash Bros. +" is too bland.
"Super Smash X" sounds too much like the Japanese title of the series, but I like your logo.
Clash is a Smash DS homebrew, so it's already taken.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
eh, after seeing the huge compilation of borrowed Smash sprites and Medusa, i've decided to contribute to that.

this is my very first time making a Nintendo character in a sprite form, and i'm pretty proud of that (spent all my years making Sonic edits/customs)
also, i have a huge thing for Nintendo villains and rivals. (Beast Ganon, Medusa, Ridley, & Dark Matter are one of my favorites.)

i hope you guys do well on the project :)

Top Bottom