• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. 64M (W.I.P Title)

Icsbonkun

Smash Rookie
What exactly is 64M?
Super Smash Bros. 64M (Name not final) is a project that aims to give Project M a 64 look like the Smash 64 style (having a limit on verts, edges, and faces on the 3d models) while keeping the Project M moveset, with stages keeping their collisions and giving them Battlefield and FD alts, and giving a lot of fanmade Brawl models a 64 look (like the Chimera Lucas, PM's Dry Bowser, PM's Shadow Queen Peach)​
The project uses Project + as base​
What inspired you to make this mod?
My first gaming experience was Smash 64 when I was a little kid, Smash 64 has a special place in my life, and the models of Smash 64 and in the 64 era look so lovely to me, and I wanted to express my love for both, and then an idea came to my mind, start learning 3d to make low poly models, and make Smash 64 esque models.
I've always wanted a Project M 64 since that April fools video with Parasect at the end, then Smash Legacy put up a 64 mode, but if I remember not all characters had 64 models, which was sad to me.
While I'd love to be loyal to the era (like Smash 2 did) In some occasions I'll let that slide (PM Alts)

Thanks for reading!​
Hope you're looking forward to play this project!​

Last edited:

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I am too busy to help do actual work, but if you ever have any questions that I might be able to help with, especially regarding importing models via Blender, I can help! This project looks really cool! :)

Icsbonkun

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I am too busy to help do actual work, but if you ever have any questions that I might be able to help with, especially regarding importing models via Blender, I can help! This project looks really cool! :)
I downloaded your blender guide :0 (Pdf of the thread and the video with Zelda and Sheik), but i got lost on the post because it didn't have images ;_;

Windhunter7

Smash Apprentice
Have you checked out my brand new video though? I released it only about a week or so ago, and it covers the actual topic of importing instead of porting, and is like a thousand times better (Eventually, another revamp will come even later, most likely, but for now, this is still a much, much better video than both of the other 2 combined, you don't even need sound at all ;) ):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soU3c3heKIU&t=277s

Wakka387

Smash Rookie
Are you planning on sticking with games/series from N64 and prior?

If so, I would love to see characters such as "Bomberman" (Bomberman 64), "HM Protag" (Harvest Moon 64), "Conker" (Conkers bad fur day), "Glover" (Glover 64), "Marina" (Mischief Makers), "Kawase" (Umihara Kawase [SNES]) and so on

Would be a great way to celebrate the lesser focused 3rd party franchises of the N64's lifespan (and SNES by that matter)

Last edited:
Top Bottom